Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Next time hit up an industrial hydraulic shop for custom lines. They're usually cheaper and higher quality, and can be made to almost any length.

How much did the rack run you? Are they front or rear steer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Is this the drivers or passenger side front?

Nylocs are used everywhere in suspension nowadays. I think the BMW manual said you can't reuse them in critical components (like steering), but up to 3 times in noncritical areas.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I've mentioned halon before, but apparently it won't do poo poo in a car unless it is plumbed into the engine compartment, as just firing it into an open hood car fire won't do anything (supposedly).

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

The LEDs in my Volvo wagon's cluster that I installed dim just fine, maybe retrofit a more modern dimmer?

You could always get a 12v pwm dimmer and wire it to your cluster LEDs.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

How well versed are you guys with identifying the 4AGE?

There is basically a parts car corolla for sale that last time it went on craigslist, claimed to have a 20v with the 6 speed.

It's popped up on cl again and the new owner knows even less about it. Is there a way to identify a 20v? On Hondas, the head has a casting number that identifies the head, and a stamp on the block for the bottom end.

Is there anything like that for the 4a? All I have found so far is the ribs on the exhaust side between silver and black top 20v, but nothing about 16v or 20v differences. I'm trying to do this without pulling off the valve cover, which has been modified to show off the timing belt.

I don't want to end up with a 20v head slapped on an old 16v block either.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I love Personal wheels a lot. Were they always part of Nardi or was it a recent acquisition?

I believe they were two companies. My friend has an 80s Personal wheel with no mention of Nardi. I have a 90s one with no Nardi markings as well. They always shared the built pattern with Nardi though (60° from momo and slightly bigger bolt circle).

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

You are a brave, brave man dropping off a car at a paint shop with those nice and shiny wheels on it!

My car has been in paint jail for almost a month now but it's moving along. Hope they treat yours well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Laserface posted:

Redline oil is supposedly bad. It corrodes synchros in certain gearboxes (mine) and doesn't really work until your at temps you'd see on the track.

I think it's shockproof that is bad for brass syncrod transmissions. Their MT90 and MTL should be fine. Just read up on the GL ratings and pick the appropriate one.

• Locked thread