Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Awesome care. I wish I could get my hands on one of these but I live in Ohio so they don't exist or they're all rusted out. Are you planning to at least autocross it? What color are you planning to repaint it?

pfft who autocrosses an AE86. Everyone knows they are the king of the DOWNHILL DORIFTURU RACE!!!!! a few years of nightly tofu runs and hell be king of the mountain. In other words I would kill for one of these to pop up around Chicago and not be HERRAFRUSH or not rust/smashed to buhjesus . I remember the old thread and all your turmoil. You really are automotively Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

FopeDush posted:

Man, I spent hours trying to get that stupid rack out before resigning to the necessity of lifting the engine. It was years ago though so I don't recall exactly what was blocking it - but I think it was just a matter of the space between the front subframe and the oil pan.

Either way, good luck.

Missed this last time. I don't want to derail your thread, so I'll just paste the link:
http://www.fopedush.com/?p=30

Recent-ish engine bay: http://upload.fopedush.com/fopedush/4age_2011.jpg

now I know nothing of how this car is set up...But on all other cars when I need to do the power steering rack I just drop the subframe, is it not so easy on a TOFU DERIVERY vehicle??

• Locked thread