Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I just bought a Nardi 350mm Deep Corn. In comparison to my old Momo Monte Carlo (330mm), the wheel itself is a little thinner and I dont know if I like it.

I previously had the Momo on a 20mm spacer as its a flat wheel, and the Nardi is about another 10-15mm deeper so I ditched the spacer.

I got the Nardi in Tokyo for a pretty good discount over locally sold ones so I might just sell it and put the money towards a Personal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

leica posted:

How do you like 350 compared to 330? I've gone back and forth in my head which way I should go for my Miata, and funny enough it's between a mote carlo and deep corn, but I think I'm pretty set on 330 because 350 just looks big and I think would also feel too big in a Miata. Also I've owned a Monte carlo before so I'm kinda partial to those but the deep corn 330 looks awesome.

I measured my MC at 350mm edge to edge across the face and thought it was fine to replace with a 350, but it turns out my old MC is probably 330 or 340 after holding them face to face.

the Thinner wheel of the Nardi and the larger diameter makes it feel much lighter both in steering feel and wheel feel. I honestly only bought the Nardi because it was about $80 cheaper than anywhere a new one in Australia costs, and they seem to the in-thing to have so I know I can move it off for at least what it cost me.

its all a bit underwhelming because visually the 350mm deep corn isnt as cool looking as the 330mm with the stepped spokes, but even then the 330mm still has the thin wheel in comparison to what I have been using for the last 6 years with the Momo.

So thats where I am at: I like it, but not as much as what I used to have, except that What I use to have has yellow stitching and yellow logo on it that kills the aesthetic for me, so I want a new one of that in my colours anyway.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I thought it was one of the better ones.

The weird toilet humor is very hit or miss though.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

some abbreviation of "takumi tax" :v:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I had a similarly chatty gearbox after going short shifter.

I switched from Redline shockproof gearbox oil to Nulon oil with the Nulon PTFE gearbox additive and it's now silent and shifting is super smooth. Occasionally still needs to - granny shift I guess is the best term - to get into first or reverse, but hey it's an old gearbox.

Redline oil is supposedly bad. It corrodes synchros in certain gearboxes (mine) and doesn't really work until your at temps you'd see on the track.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jesus, I run 6/4KG on my 180sx and I have a good 250~KG on you and I think they are too firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im also going for grip rather than drift which is probably why i dont have the same 8/6 combo suggested to you.

My buddy with an R33 Skyline runs 10/8 and its actually pretty comfy. big rear end car though.

• Locked thread