Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
It seems like you fell in love with the chassis and are a glutton for punishment. Your new example is super clean, which makes me miss mine... sort of. Good luck with this one; you seem to be doing much better with your plans for it than most other new owners of the chassis I've seen lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
Your attention to detail is fantastic! The amusing, yet somewhat ridiculous point is that you probably would be able to sell the car for 85-90% of what you have into the restoration when you're done, if that is your plan.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006

TheLarson posted:

Thankfully the owner of Battlegarage RS came to the rescue. He's been working with Swift to develop realistic streetable springs for the ae86 that fit most standard coilover height adjustable rear perches. I went down to their shop and picked up a pre-release set of 4.5kg/mm rear springs. They were very similar in height to the 6kg Greddys that came off the car, and the eventual color combination is the definition of "rad". I owe him some driving time to feel out said springs, but hats off to BGRS for being awesome!
The irony is that this used to be an off-the-shelf offering from Swift for the AE86 in both stock size and 2.5". I had a set of 6/4kg Swifts on my AE86... 10 years ago.

Did you end up repairing the wheels, or replacing them?

I'm amazed at your dedication to keeping this alive and tracking it.

pr0craztinazn fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 22, 2017

• Locked thread