Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Samara must use her unnatural, mutant strength to take what she wants by force. Acquire goods and currency by way of violence, or in as violent a manner as The Sims will allow. Preferably on a freelance basis, instead of some sort of boring nine-to-five gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
She should become a fire fighter! Then she can live in the firehouse and break down doors with an axe! She'll have an active job that we'll be able to watch and control her performing, be at liberty whenever there's not an emergency, be able to meet people, and have horrible misfortune with various devices and flames!

D3m3 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 23, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

D3m3 posted:

She should become a fire fighter! Then she can live in the firehouse and break down doors with an axe! She'll have an active job that we'll be able to watch and control her performing, be at liberty whenever there's not an emergency, be able to meet people, and have horrible misfortune with various devices and flames!

This is my alternate vote, just in case there's not a surge in popularity for the "use violence" option.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Day 1: Friends

Okay...let's take a look at our secret to do list...

Uh-huh. Yeah...hmm...

Sounds easy enough.

Let's start with that military gig.

Before we go, we need to freshen up for our interview.

Yep...all these personal lockers are...well, locked.

Guess it's jacket and yoga pants for the day.

At the very least, let's make sure we don't wet ourselves at the interview.

Money saving tip #1

Toothpaste is just flavored soap. Regular public bathroom hand soap works as a functionally identical alternative.

Money saving tip #1a

Just because it smells like coconut doesn't mean it tastes like it.

Next, let's multitask with a refreshing swim...

...AND a good clean bath.

Time to spread those wings...

...and FLY!

9/10, hardly even made a splash.

That's clean enough, and plus now you have a nice healthy chlorine scent to boot.

Being homeless does have it's perks, doesn't it?

Oh, before we go any further, why don't we knock off another task on our to do list?

A little personal blogging never hurt. Especially when nobody but yourself reads what you write.

Maybe with a little more time and effort, we'll be e-famous! That'll be the day.

Now then, for that job interview.

This is City Hall. In other neighborhoods, there are separate buildings for every potential career.

In Lunar Falls, for both convenience and to save the effort of making three separate building models, the political, military, and police careers are all located here.

Let's hope we make an impression.

You must be Samara. Our receptionist sent your file ahead of time. Come in, have a seat over there.

You are...Ms. Hingafu. Unusual last name, I assume it's foreign?

I trust you are a legal U.S. citizen?

...Ahem.

Well...

We pulled up your file here. We don't know your prior history, but it says here you have zero work experience or training.

What makes you think we'll find you fit to serve for our God-blessed country?

...Heh...

Uh, say nothing if you'll work cleaning the latrines for minimum wage.

You're hired! You start tomorrow morning.

...Now get out.

Ka-ching! She landed the job. I can hear the coins rolling in already.

By the way, I wasn't kidding when I said we only had three bucks to our name.

Samara is practically starved. Let's see if we can steal some food.

Sweet, they're setting up a fair at the town square!

There's gotta be a picnicker or two here. Outside. In the morning. In the middle of a rain storm.

Looks like they were setting up for a food eating contest!

Oh...look at these hot dogs just begging to be eaten.

W-what? I can't eat them unless I'm competing with somebody!?

Nobody's here! Which means I have nobody to compete with, and nobody to catch me eating the hot dogs anyways!

Can't we just call it practice?

Oh thank god, something we can steal.

An unmanned snow cone maker.

Hey, we're no thief. We're freeloaders. We're not taking the snow cone maker, just a free snow cone.

That snow cone maker probably took hours to assemble and ready. But a few snow cones, nobody will miss, right?

What flavor? Uhh...

Well if we eat all the flavors, that's more filling right?

Surprisingly it was. It's not a full-fledged meal, but it filled up Samara's stomach so she's not slowly starving to death any more.

God this fair sucks. Is there ANYTHING to do around here?

Oh. I can think of something delightful.

Fiendishly delightful.

I was right, that was fun. But exhausting.

I send Samara back to the public pool for a quick nap.

During her slumber, I considered a few...alternate methods to acquire some immediate funds.

I heard that there's a lot of money to be earned...

...In the garbage industry.

Whoever lives here has to have thrown away something valuable...Or edible.

...Huh? Five newspapers? Why does this guy even keep the delivery service going if he's just going to throw them away?

What!? Door!?

Uh, Samara just accidentally dropped something in your trash! Honest!

What? Well...that was...non-confrontational.

I hope this kid is going to wash his hands after that.

This dopey looking kid in the suit is named Quincey. He invites Samara inside. For some reason.

Wow, sweet digs.

I think we found our mooch-ee.

Okay, let's see if Samara's socialization autopilot has was it takes to befriend Quincey...

What? What's the big deal?

All she asked to do was use your bed for a little while. Is that so wrong?

We're off to a rough start, but I'm sure Samara--

...will insult Quincey in his face.

Oh joy. On top of that, Quincey is a snob.

Some Sims have traits that are incompatible with other traits. If they find a Sim with an incompatible trait, they'll immediately suffer from a reduced relationship.

In this case, Quincey is a snob, which conflicts with Samara's Easily Impressed trait. Which you'd figure would compliment each other, but oh well.

Phew. Okay.

Thankfully because of Samara's Easily Impressed trait, however, she began flattering Quincey with genuine compliments, which he appreciated having the Snob trait.

I'd say that merits a friend status, don't you?

I think it's time to go in for the kill. Let's ask Quincey if Samara can stay over.

Samara "asks" by yelling in Quincey's face and demanding food.

God, this kid is either the smuggest person on the planet or denser than San Francisco fog.

Oh, thank goodness. He allowed Samara to sleep over.

What's to eat in this dump?

What? Orange citrus sherbert ice cream? Who even eats this garbage?

Samara's practically doing Quincey a favor by eating the whole thing for him.

Okay, kid. You said you'll let us sleep over, so give us a run down of the sleeping arrangements.

Let's see...

We have your bedroom...

...aaand a guest bedroom next to your noisy washing machines.

Well, I know where Samara will be sleeping. And let me give you a hint as to where:

It ain't called "your bedroom" anymore.

Defeated, and kicked out of his own room, Quincey sleeps in the guest bedroom.

I'd say that's a satisfying day. But there's still one more thing on our to do list. Probably the most important one.

But first, some well-deserved beauty sleep...

...and some freshening up.

Pfft, what? Are those that Quincey kid's pajamas?

You know what? I think I'll let Samara keep it.

It's early in the morning, so why don't we start of the day right with a nice relaxing bath? In a real bathtub this time?

Samara starts her military duty this morning, so she puts on her uniform after getting clean.

Not the most...flattering of uniforms, but it's better than that pink jumpsuit she keeps wearing.

But first, let's finish yesterday's to do list.

Quincey, you've been good to us, so now it's time we did something for you.

Quincey...may we set you on fire?

"Uhh..."

Fabulous, another day, another accomplishment.

We completed everything on our to do list in just over a day. I'd say that's a job well done.

But now we have the rest of today for a whole new set of goals.

Our completed to do list:

To do:

☑ Freshen up with a swim
☐ Get a job
☐ Don't get a job
☑ Get a job in the military
☑ Make a friend
☑Mooch off of friend
☑ Set friend on fire
☑Blog

And now you get to make a new one for us to complete!

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 16, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Working sounds exhausting. What better way to relax than spend all your hard earned cash getting wasted?

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
We need to black widow the poo poo out of Quincey. Then we won't be so poor anymore! And we'll have a house!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

fffff posted:

We need to black widow the poo poo out of Quincey. Then we won't be so poor anymore! And we'll have a house!

We need to sleep with him first. THEN black widow the poo poo out of him.

I just hope Samara doesn't mistake the soap as something edible and an assault rifle for a broom while cleaning some latrines. :ohdear:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Spend as much time as possible with Quincey. Never leave him alone for a moment. Follow him into the bathroom. Refuse to leave.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

fffff posted:

I think we, uh, burned that bridge. Quite literally. Maybe instead we should couch-surf one house after another. Keep things fresh (well, as fresh as Samara can manage).

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Quincey's expensive suit is missing that most essential of accoutrements; a thick layer of cat hair. Samara should bring in a stray cat from the street. (Or two. Or five.)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Are you guys nuts? We need to become best friends with Dudley Moore's long-lost nephew, Quincey, and make him an unwilling sidekick in our antics. Bonus point, if he's anything like ol' Arthur Bach, he'll help us with our goal of spending the LP completely hammered.

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Are you guys nuts? We need to become best friends with Dudley Moore's long-lost nephew, Quincey, and make him an unwilling sidekick in our antics. Bonus point, if he's anything like ol' Arthur Bach, he'll help us with our goal of spending the LP completely hammered.

Yes! And we need him to get a matching hoodie/sweatpants combo!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

We should ride a bike. Bikes are fun. Even more fun if you can ride a bike with a friend :yayclod:

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

You know, even with setting him on fire, we can still make Quincey our 'friend', if we're willing to use some alternate methods.

We need more potent alchemy.

(Plus, we'd gain the option of throwing bees at people!)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Quincy's got a nice house, shame it's so under-used. I say we make some more friends and invite them over to stay with us.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Day 2: Monday

To do

☐ Steal from Quincey
☐ Sleep with Quincey
☐ Stalk Quincey
☐ Throw a House Party At Quincey's
☐ Ditch Quincey
☐ Adopt a cat. Give to Quincey
☐ Emulate Samara's outfit onto Quincey
☐ Throw a house party at Quincey's
☐ Get crunked
☐ Maybe bring along Quincey.
☐ Ride a bike

I'm beginning to think Samara may have an obsession.

Well, that sounds easy enough. But I can't help but feel we're forgetting something.

Oh right, I almost forgot.

Quit whining, a little fire puts hair on your chest. And then burns it off.

I see, Quincey's good at multitasking as well. Extinguishing himself AND getting ready for work.

Cool, Quincey's got a car.

Quincey my man, how about a friendly car--

...pool...

We'll slash his tires later.

Ugh, I guess we're walking.

And, after a few hours of burying human waste, and we're free to go!

Our paycheck for the day is 250 big ones!

Can you just imagine what we can afford now?

A sleeping bag, to give our tired own bones a well-deserved rest...

A miniature grill, so we can finally stave off our hunger...

A TV, so we can join the mindwashed--

Wait a second.

Is that...that's Quincey's house! I never knew he lived so close.

No use in using that money for housing and furniture if he's that close.

Let's just go spend all our money on booze!

Let's ride a taxi over to the Harvest and Trustee Bar and snag some hooch.

Not really a high-class place, but it'll get us drunk all the same.

Oh, and let's bring Quincey along, I guess. Apparently he's old enough to drink.

It's pretty quiet this afternoon so we'll have the bar all to ourselves.

What's on the tube?

Cartoons just aren't what they used to be anymore.

Hey, Quincey's got the right idea! How about some drunken pool?

Pfft, you're garbage at this game.

Move aside, let a real woman show you how it's done.

Very nice, 15 striped in corner pocket.

She's lining up her shot carefully, and...

What? That was a solid colored ball she knocked in.

Okay, clearly one of us hasn't memorized how to play pool.

But what I do know is that apparently pool involves lot of hand-on-hip action.

Of course Samara lost, I don't know what I was expecting.

What else is there to do in this hellhole?

A jukebox for music, a vigor tester to see our S.P.E.C.I.A.L stat, and a photo booth.

You know, I think Quincey's been a good friend for the past...uh, day. Why don't we commemorate this occasion?

Let's see how this photo turned out...

Well, Samara's happy with them. Let's take a look...

What?

Oh wait. This is Samara's high school diploma. I thought I threw that away.

I like it. We'll hang that up in our house. Whenever we get one.

...Ugh...

We need another drink.

Wow, this bartender is putting on quite a show. Even the guy on TV is watching.

Heh, fire. Just like good times, huh Quincey?

Sheesh, I never noticed how creepy and long Samara's fingers are.

Another, and don't hold anything back. Extra strong. Maybe add some bleach for a spike.

Of course, we still had to pay for that.

Good lord, it's only Monday and Samara is drinking like a depressed stock broker.

Either Samara's body just doesn't metabolize alcohol or this stuff is more watered down than Venice in a hurricane.

Why don't we just talk to our fellow patrons?

Good god, what the hell are you!?

That'll learn him.

Woah, hey! What's with the shoving!?

You don't want to shove Samara. Because if you do, you'll...

...really hurt her feelings.

Oh boy, now we've gone some trash talking going on.

Even Quincey knows this is going to be a good show.

It's go time.

Bar fight!

This stuff is better than cable.

Wow this is taking a while.

...Yup...

...Still going...

After all that, Samara lost? Lame.

This unlucky trait is killing me.

...Well, maybe it's not her luck as much as we just need to improve Samara's athletic trait. Actually, doing that would also help her in her career.

Good god, Quincey. What, are you passing kidney stones the size of baseballs?

Starting fights and clogging urinals. I think that's a sign we should split.

This was considered an "outing" between Quincey and Samara. When Sims are having an outing, you get special commands to make them function as a group, such as watching a movie together or going to the same place. Quincey said that he was getting tired, so I had them drive as a group to Quincey's house before they split.

Another thing with outings is that their success is based on how much all members' fun and social stats go up. This outing was considered a success, so the two got a shared relationship boost! Now Samara and Quincey are considered "Good Friends." Isn't that just darling?

And that's not all!

We still had some money left over from our Monday night binging, so we were able to afford a sleeping bag and one whole wall.

We're one step closer to the American dream.

Let's call it a day for now, Samara's brewing a hangover for tomorrow's early morning.

To do

☑ Get crunked
☑ Maybe bring along Quincey.
☐ Ride a bike

We still need to save up for a bike, but once we do, we'll no longer have to rely on walking or public transportation! Or Quincey.

That's all for now, we need to get our beauty sleep.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 16, 2015

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013
After that defeat, I want to suggest a long-term goal: let's travel to Shang Simla and learn martial arts.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm disappointed that Quincey didn't record the fight on his phone and then post it up on Simtube. Instant e-famous!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I have a second long-term goal in mind, that may, in fact, be possible as a short-term goal: Murder the gently caress out of that werewolf jerk. Nobody abuses our Sim but us, dammit! More immediately, wash out of the military and become a private investigator. Freelance stalking seems like it would dovetail well with our plans for Samara.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

EclecticTastes posted:

I have a second long-term goal in mind, that may, in fact, be possible as a short-term goal: Murder the gently caress out of that werewolf jerk.

I will second this, we also must use fire to do it too. Also Quincy must be forced to help us do it too, because that's what friends are for.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

For a short-term goal, let's buy 3 more walls.

That way Samara can have a 1x1 room and technically call it her house.

Hey, progress!

She should also start working on her Athleticism skill.

Sketchie fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 24, 2014

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Oh and just to clarify, if I cross out a goal you wanted, it's not because of spite or personal reasons. I love you all too much for that. It's just that it conflicted with what somebody else said and nobody came to a consensus, or it just isn't possible either at the time or at all.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Work on our body

To the tune of some 80's training montage music if possible.

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
I think if Samara wants to lead a truly fulfilling life she needs to make enemies with someone. How can you know true love without first learning hatred?

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Samara the Werewolf Hunter. No wolf beats up Samara and gets away with it scott-free!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

EclecticTastes posted:

I have a second long-term goal in mind, that may, in fact, be possible as a short-term goal: Murder the gently caress out of that werewolf jerk.

Become a vampire.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mistamage posted:

Samara the Werewolf Hunter. No wolf beats up Samara and gets away with it scott-free!

yes

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

Mistamage posted:

This thing.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Long-term goal that I will always, always vote for: We need more potent alchemy.

Personally, I'd love to eventually Use a Tragic Clown potion on that werewolf. Perhaps after humiliating him in a fight.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

StrangeAeon posted:

Long-term goal that I will always, always vote for: We need more potent alchemy.

Personally, I'd love to eventually Use a Tragic Clown potion on that werewolf. Perhaps after humiliating him in a fight.

This is an acceptable alternative to murder.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Samara can't limit herself to one person. She needs to collect a circle of friends to mooch off of.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

When I think about it, for some reason the recruit officer vaguely reminds me of Psycho Serum, just a lot less evil.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Indiiea posted:

After that defeat, I want to suggest a long-term goal: let's travel to Shang Simla and learn martial arts.

Seconding this, but also take Quincey with you. He is Samara's trust-fund, burnout sidekick.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Day 3 and 4: Training

Hmm.

Rough night's sleep? You don't look like it's just the sleeping bag bothering you.

Let's see here...

To do

☐ Forget the military, become a detective
☐ Get ripped
☐ Find that guy from the bar
☐ Kill him
☐ Kill him with fire
☐ Kill him with fire and with Quincey
☐ Kill him while Quincey records it
☐ Time for a rematch
☐ Ride a bike
☐ Quadruple our number of walls
☐ Travel Abroad

Call me crazy, but I think I can figure out the source of your bad night's sleep.

Ooo, a rock.

But not just any rock! A meteorite! From space!

This bad boy is worth $89, but after a quick analysis...

It's...composed of less rare materials than we original thought, lowering its price to $70.

This Unlucky trait is killing me.

...Phew, almost as much as that stench. We need a shower.

But! That's enough to upgrade our sleeping bag to a cot!

You hear that, neighbors!?

We're breaking through economic food chain! Step up your game if you want to keep up!

Speaking of neighbors, let's go say hi to Quincey.

Hey, Quincey. Don't mind us, we're going to be using your shower.

There we go, good as new.

Tsk tsk, bought more orange sherbet, huh Quincey?

When will you learn that nobody eats this stuff?

I have no idea why you keep buying it. This tube of ice cream looks like it's brand new, too, like you haven't even touched it.

Now then, down to business.

We've had enough of the military's literal crap, so we're going to become private investigators now!

The first step is to do some e-detective work.

Well, actually we just register ourselves as a P.I. and we're good to go. We'll also dump the military gig while we're at it.

And now...

A quick nap. Samara didn't get the best sleep last night, you know.

Oh, hi Quincey.

Don't mind us, we understand that you've got to get to work.

We'll lock the door on our way out. We know about your key under the potted plant.

A few hours later...

Oh! Ice cream truck!

We're starving after our midday nap.

Let's see...so many to pick from.

We'll take the bunny popsicle.

Mmm...bunny flavored.

Actually, now that I think of it, we've had nothing but frozen goods to eat ever since we got here.

If we ever want to get revenge on that hairy oaf from the bar, we got to build some muscle mass!

And what better place to do that than at the Dumbbell Gym?

Feel the burn!

The rug burn, that is.

Gyms are a great place to boost our athletic stat.

Not only do they, obviously, have a bunch of exercise equipment, but the gym provides an atmosphere that allows us to exercise more quickly than anywhere else.

Of...course you have those kinds of pants.

Just a little bit more...and...

Fantastic! Samara gained a single athletic skill point.

That WOULD come in handy in the military. If we still worked there. But as for now, we'll just put this point to good use by beating up the local populace.

Hmm...

Say...those are some suspicious looking characters over there.

Something's not right here. I think...I think that these people...

Woah, what? Samara, you lost all that weight already?

Oh. Now I lost my train of thought.

What was it? Oh right. Something about those people are...are...

...Goodness, that was so fast, too. We've only been working out for a few hours.

We could get Samara fat again...when we have the money to allow for excessive eating. Until then, we're stuck with skinny Samara.

You know what, forget it. I can't concentrate with that stench. Go hit the showers and we'll call it a day.

Oh, sorry. Excuse us Mister...

Wait a second...something's not right here...

Who on Earth would want to call Samara? She's bad enough in person.

Huh? Apparently we're already being recognized for our detective work. Or the fact that we're probably the only P.I. in this county.

It seems like we need to do a stakeout in one of the local areas.Y'know, snoop around. Look for suspicious activity.

The only places we've been to so far is the town square, pool, and gym. And two of those places have been devoid of any human life.

We'll come back here to this gym tomorrow and look out for suspicious activity, since this is the only place with people.

As for now, let's head back to our wall and hit the hay.

This bed isn't exactly a game-changer, but sleep on a dirty, cold, bug-infested cushion is better than sleeping on the dirty, cold, bug-infested ground.

...What...? ...Who turned on the sun...?

Man, these last few nights have been terrible. And it's not just the summer weather.

Yeah, I said summer. Apparently I don't know how to seasons, because I've been spending the last two days thinking it's fall. It's actually only summer.

Uh oh. Our plumbbob is yellow.

That can only mean bad things.

Things like Samara is hungry.

Let's stop by Quincey's and see what he's got to eat.

What? He got a new cat? We can't eat this...

Where is Quincey anyways?

Let's check in the kitchen.

Oh, there you are! Making pancakes for one, how thoughtful of you.

Quincey, it's so kind of you to taste the pancakes for us, but Samara's quite famished.

So move it.

Much, much better.

While Samara is eating, Quincey goes into his bathroom and takes a long, hard look at what his life has become.

Thanks for the grub, Quincey. We'll be back tomorrow!

Let's head to the gym and be on the lookout for any...suspicious activity.

A few minutes later...

Hmm...

Interesting...

...!?

Wow, one in a row. A new record for this guy.

Keep your eyes peeled...

Remember...

Looks can be deceiving...

...ANYONE can be a suspect...

...G-good god...

...This man is some sort of human/bear hybrid.

That alone is suspicious enough.

Time for an interrogation.

Hello, "sir," we've been watching you for some time now.

We were here yesterday and noticed some suspicious, potential criminal activity. There were three perpetrators, all around the same height, dressed in black-and-white striped matching outfits, two with a thick beard, and one with a short...

...Why...why are you writing this down?

I...think we may be doing more harm than good here.

I have an idea. Luckily this gym has computers, of all things.

Let's hack the local police database and see if they've got any dirt on this place.

No, honest! We really are!

Anybody can be a hacker with enough patience.

Don't worry, it's a public computer. They won't know it's us.

Aaand we're in. Turns out it WAS "password," we just left capslock on by accident.

W-what!? They've got NOTHING on this area!?

...Well then we've hit the jackpot then! We'll just write a report from our stakeout and...stretch the truth a little, and consider it case closed!

Your criminal days are over, exercising scum!

We make a tactical escape, giggling all the way.

Using the money we got from that successful report, we managed to build three additional walls, allowing us to create a box with no way in!

And...that cost almost all of our money. And now we can't afford anything else.

I'm beginning to see the flaws in this idea. We should've just bought a bike.

Another day, another dollar. Let's hit the fair and find something fun to do.

Have at ye!

You suck at this game.

I hate fairs. I hate this. I hate you.

Say...these things remind me of...something.

Oh right! That hairy oaf from the bar! We still need to get our revenge!

Let's head home first, though.

Ooo, what's this? Some fan mail? A new case to solve?

...Or how about just bills. Lots and lots of bills.

Well, the good thing about having just a bed and a square block of walls is that our bills are really low!

So now we can keep the little money that we already have!

...Ugh. Let's just go get drunk.

Bartender, something strong. Laced with cyanide so it'll put us out of our misery. And a side of onion rings.

We keep getting distracted, I feel like.

Say, wait a second...

These...excessively hairy patrons remind me of something important!

That hairy oaf from the bar that we lost a fight to!

...Man I'm really distracted today...Anyways, we could hide out here until he shows up...

We COULD. But let's just call him up and invite him over instead.

Hey there! You remember us, right? From the bar two days ago? You sucker punched us right the eye!

How about you come on over and we settle things once and for all, huh?

Woah, excuuuse me! Easy with the language, it's a T-rated game.

Don't think you can get out of it that easy!

We're investigators! We'll find out where you live!

This looks like the place.

Of course. They're not home. Nothing can be convenient, can it?

Let's dig around in their trash.

Oooh, trash AND recyclables, eh?

From my experience, it's the eco-friendly types that have the dirtiest secrets to hide.

What in the--

What...what is this?

It's like a tree...but there's...there's food stuck to the branches!

That hairy oaf won't miss them.

We haven't had anything good to eat all day!

That hit the spot.

He's still not home yet.

But that's fine.

We'll sit here and wait as long as it takes.

As long as it...takes...

...As long....as it...takes...

Huh?

What's going on?

There's something not right about this place.

No...not this place.

I can't help but feel like there's something not right with this whole town.

Must be something in the water.

Oh hello. You must be the missus.

We're here to beat the ever-loving Christ out of your husband. Would you mind if we stepped inside?

You.

I hope you're ready to throw down.

Because it's go time. Uh, again.

That's right!

Nobody hits Samara in self-defense and gets away with it!

Pain and numbness shall subside in a few hours.

Thanks for letting us visit, have a nice holiday!

Well, I'll say that's a satisfying day. Maybe now we can get a good night's sleep.

To do

☑ Forget the military, become a detective
☑ Get ripped
☑ Find that guy from the bar
☑ Time for a rematch
☐ Ride a bike
☑ Quadruple our number of walls
☐ Travel Abroad

Right now our biggest issue is money, but hopefully our job as a detective will help with that. See you next time!

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 16, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Samara needs to improve her carpentry skills and install a door in one of those 4 walls, and should be considered a short-term goal. Once that's done, her long-term goal will be to install a shower.

She'll be able to get clean whenever she wants too, and nobody will judge her off-key renditions of popular songs!

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013
Let's paint our "house" in a bright orange color that matches our favorite food. For some reason.

I also think we should find some seeds and plant them.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Grow your own food.

Mother nature loves giving away free food all we need is a way of making sure it arrives on our door step.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Buy a door and a toilet. Gotta make do with that 1x1 room... if the toilet can even fit. If anything, Samara can at least use it as her weeping room when she realizes how lovely her life has become.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Plant an apple tree. Once Samare has plenty of apples to sustain herself, just carry around a whole bunch of them and give them away as gifts to people she likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

That man-bear hybrid seems suspicious. Go to his house and investigate what's up with him.

• Locked thread