Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Tastee posted:

That man-bear hybrid seems suspicious. Go to his house and investigate what's up with him.

Why the gently caress doesn't he at least shave the area with the tattoo? I mean, poo poo, at least get creative and shave everything but the gnome's beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
This town seems to have a problem. Do what all good PIs do, and try to fix the undead problem. If there isn't one, why not see if you can create an undead problem to fix.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Befriend the bear-man with the lawn gnome tattoo. Then, further harm and torment the wolfman, who is our mortal enemy.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Consider going wolf woman ourself. It would make our advantage over the Wolfman much bigger!

Zyrden
Mar 25, 2012

Climbing gear.
Orange sherbert keeps popping up in Quincey's house, even though he doesn't even like it. Suspicious. So suspicious it warrants investigation.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

You know, I think it would be hilarious if Samara FINALLY gets her bike at the end of the LP after it being on her list for oh so long.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Sketchie posted:

You know, I think it would be hilarious if Samara FINALLY gets her bike at the end of the LP after it being on her list for oh so long.

You realize how the LP will end, right? She's only going to get her bike at the end if it hits her. :devil:

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student
Let me give a long term goal

Marry Quincey and have him move in with us.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Day 5 and 6: Investigation

You know what we don't have a lot of?

Money.

You know what helps with that?

NOT PAINTING OUR BOX SHERBERT ORANGE

To do

☐ Paint our box orange
☐ "Investigate" Quincey's orange sherbet supply
☐ Install a door and a bathroom
☐ Start gardening
☐ Befriend the man-bear
☐ Dig through his stuff
☐ Ride a bike
☐ Travel abroad

Hey, we're already done with one of the things on our to do list.

Time to check another one off the list.

We still have three apples that we stole from that hairy guy we beat up yesterday.

...Yes, that's an apple. Honest.

Soon we'll be on the way to growing our own food from this barren, pixelated land. No more relying on Quincey for our sustenance.

Gardening is a skill just like athletic. And because Samara has no points in gardening, she doesn't even know how to water them.

Wait, that means we're screwed.

Oh, my hero!

We don't have much money, so we'll take the cheapest thing on the menu.

God, we're so poor that we're browsing the discount rack of an ice cream truck. I can't imagine how much worse we can get.

Let's dig through Quincey's trash.

It's not scavenging! We're professional P.I.s, we're uh, "investigating" his trash for leftovers.

Huh.

This isn't tricky editing or anything. Quincey genuinely had a tube of orange sherbet ice cream in his trash.

I guess it makes sense seeing as we've been doing nothing but coming over and eating entire cansiters of the stuff.

And continuing the jumps of formidable logic, this tube is empty. Which is probably why it was in the trash.

Whatever, we'll lug it around.

Let's also lug ourselves over to the local police station and see if they have any detective work for us.

Samara seems to have put all that weight back on somehow. I don't know how, she just kind of woke up and all the fat returned to her body.

I don't know whether they're just trying to get rid of Samara or if they really had a case for her, but they want her to study at the local library.

I forgot what this library is called, but we can use it to find a book on gardening so Samara can figure out that plants tend to survive better with water.

Huh. Reading rainbow.

Libraries are handy because anybody reading within one will read faster than anywhere else. Also, anything that builds skill points will likewise also do so faster. If you need anything done that has a progress bar, this is the place to go.

Even if you just hate libraries, you can also just make as much noise as you want. Nobody really seems to care.

Now, the people at the police station just said "study at the library."

They didn't really give us the rundown as to WHAT we should be studying, exactly.

Or, more importantly, for how long. I feel like we've been studying gardening forever.

Thinking about it, a library probably would be a good alternative to living at the pool.

If we ever run out of toilet paper, we could--

Oh hey! It's that man/bear hybrid we saw at the gym!

I think we made a good impression when we first met. Let's go over and put on a friendly face.

Close enough.

This guy's name is Gengis. He's uh...

...Interesting. To say the least.

I know! Why don't we give him that tube of ice cream we found in the trash?

Here we go, we wrapped it reeeaaally tight to keep in that fresh garbage smell.

W-what? It's a gift! How could you turn it down? It's free!

Let's try giving him it again.

Yes, just for you!

You take our presents and like it.

Aww look, they're being stupid together.

I take this opportunity to make the two study together, and share their discoveries on how to pronounce the really big words.

Wait, who the hell runs around shirtless in a library?

On an unrelated note, Samara's starving. Let's go to the town square and steal a snowcone.

No! The fair's over!?

This calls for drastic measures.

To that hairy guy's house!

...No, not Gengis. The other hairy guy. The guy whose face we punched in.

He's gotta still have some apples still growing on that tree!

He does! But...Samara's too hungry to pick them...

Too hungry to pick food to end her hunger...it's like a vicious cycle, except we die in the end.

We're doomed...

...Is what I would be saying if I didn't remember that Samara got a weekly stipend for being a detective. She dropped a nice $500 right when the clock hit midnight.

That's enough money to treat ourselves to a decent meal and...

Improve our box! But it's not just any box, any more!

It's got a roof. So it's a room. A bathroom, that is.

Yeah it's...pretty dirty...but you try finding clean secondhand toilets for a decent price.

That poor ceramic is trying so hard to be white.

But that's not all. We finally did it.

Ladies and gentlemen, our new mode of transport.

We've finally done it, after all this time!

Make way, peasants! High-roller coming through!

Oh, and we picked up some seeds on our way home.

Simply planting a bunch of seeds is enough to raise Samara's gardening skill to be a fair amount, so now she knows how to take care of her garden properly.

But guess what? That doesn't matter!

Remember when I said it was summer? That doesn't matter anymore either, because now it's fall! And cold!

If these plants don't outright die, they'll be dormant until the spring until we outright die! Hooray!

Oh well. Let's take a shower in our room and head outside for bed.

A few hours later...

Oh, joy. It's raining now, too.

It's like God himself holds nothing but contempt for us, and bestowed down upon us with his mighty hand a barrage of unending windstorms and rain.

Or it's just our hubris catching up to us for deciding to sleep outside.

Either way it'll get you up and wide awake in the morning.

Oooh! Another meteorite! And this is a big one!

Initial examinations value it at $200!

Aaand after analyzing it, the value has been lowered to $180.

Maybe I should just sell these rocks the moment I find them.

At the very least, that's enough to buy a minifridge and a microwave!

Sorry, ice cream man. Samara's her own woman now. And she doesn't need the likes of you anymore.

Apparently we're so poor that we can only afford food in two dimensions.

You're probably wondering where we're going to sit down to eat this fine meal.

I think you already know the answer to that.

...Man this rain really puts a damper on things. I'd say our next objective is to get a roof over our head. Or our bed.

As depressing as it is, at least Samara's enjoying herself. She's just having a blast.

Let's head to the library and keep on "studying" for our case.

But first, some blogging!

Social networking is a skill. For some reason. Eventually we can become e-famous and do stuff online for money. And even then, not that much.

There's...not a lot of purpose for the skill. All you really get is new skins for your phone (which you can only see while using the social networking skill in the first place) and a downright broken ability to modify the relationships of other people through your phone.

It sure is dumb though, so that's a plus.

Okay, that's enough. We've been studying for hours. Or maybe twenty minutes. Either way, this has been a lot of time with a lot of nothing happening.

I'm dropping this case, if you can even call it that. We're heading back to the police station and finding a real investigation to work on.

That's more like it! Actual investigation! Some kid is missing his mouthwash. He's hired us to go find it.

...Hey, all investigators need to start somewhere.

But first, let's see how Samara's blog is coming along.

Hmm, 48 followers. That's over double from a few hours ago. I'd say it's coming along nicely.

Great. The kid who hired us wants Samara to meet him face-to-face, but he's in school right now.

Guess we'll just have to hide out until 3 PM when school gets out...

...And there's our target.

Hey kid, wait!

We...wait, what the hell are you thinking about?

Whatever. We ask the kid if he's got any leads on his missing mouthwash. He said that he suspects his father of stealing the mouthwash, but isn't quite sure as to why.

I say we pay dear old dad a visit, don't you?

Gross. I hope the kid takes after his mother.

We ask a few questions to the kid's father.

Oooh, you want a bribe, eh?

You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you know something.

TELL US WHERE THE MOUTHWASH IS, OR YOU'LL BE GOING TO YOUR KID'S RECITAL IN A WHEELCHAIR

...And then we made him eat some dirt and tied his legs to our bike while we road around the block a few times.

It was great, you should've been there.

Yeah, turns out your dad was stealing your mouthwash.

He's a recovering alcoholic. Picked it up after you were born and he couldn't afford child support.

He's been stealing your fluoride for a buzz ever since he started AA.

Hey! HEY! No crying, kid. We're detectives, not therapists.

We'll be taking our payment now.

Wow, the kid dropped $500!

Okay, what the two were doing was that the dad, realizing his kid was noticing the stolen mouthwash, gave his brat the money to hire us so dear old dad could eventually bribe us for the info. But we threw a wrench in that plan, now didn't we?

And using the money, we managed to afford a room around a bed! No more rainy awakenings! Uh, ignore the tree that's growing out of our house. That's just a camera trick.

But I can't help feel like we're...forgetting something.

Oh.

Uh, we'll fix that when we get the money. Until then...

To do

☑ Paint our box orange
☑ "Investigate" Quincey's orange sherbet supply
☑ Install a door and a bathroom
☑ Start gardening
☑ Befriend the man-bear
☑ Ride a bike
☐ Travel abroad

We're doing good and making progress, but we've still got a long way to go until we have suitable housing. Or enough money to travel overseas.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 16, 2015

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

We'd better put a roof over her head. Maybe buy a lamp as well.

I think Samara should get a haircut as a reward for progressing quickly even with our, er, "divine intervention".

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student
I think we need something to mess this up a bit let's get a dog to have some challenge and income (if you know what your doing)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Samara needs a fence around her garden to stop anyone from stealing her food!

She should also try to start a cooking show with the help of her dozens of online followers.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
What Samara really needs is to buy a computer so she can blog with style!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I think I've figured it out. The bear-man's "tattoo" isn't a tattoo at all! It's a Kuato-like parasitic Lawn Gnome living in the middle of his stomach, and it wanted to read some books at the library. So, obviously, he couldn't wear a shirt at the time, since Gnome-Kuato needs to be able to see the books.

Next on the agenda: Forget dectectivin', become a street performer, that's where the real money is!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

EclecticTastes posted:

Next on the agenda: Forget dectectivin', become a street performer, that's where the real money is!

Busking is p much a life hack, which is why it's illegal or requires a license in a lot of places. The Man has to keep a lid on that sort of thing.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Samara needs to learn kung fu to improve her werewolf punching skills even further.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry

Zybourne Clock posted:

Samara needs to learn kung fu to improve her werewolf punching skills even further.
If I'm recalling correctly, and I could be wrong, the only way to begin learning martial arts is at Shang Simla (where you can purchase goods for later training at home). So this might actually be a long-term goal.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

asymmetrical posted:

If I'm recalling correctly, and I could be wrong, the only way to begin learning martial arts is at Shang Simla (where you can purchase goods for later training at home). So this might actually be a long-term goal.

This was literally one of the first goals we set, so no worries there, we got it covered.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

weso12 posted:

Marry Quincey and have him move in with us.

This, but Wolfman or Manbearpig.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Shitpost on your blog frequently. The world needs to know every waking moment of Samara.

Also, now that you have two pals, take them out for a night on the town.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mustard Snobbery posted:

This, and Wolfman and Manbearpig.

Get your polygamy on.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Marry somebody. Doesn't really matter who.

Have them move in with us.

Oh, and solve more crimes as a PI.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
It's too early to marry somebody, doing so would make us not-poor. Are you sure?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We're a strong independent Sim who don't need no man. Maybe Samara could consider robbery as an alternate cash flow. Then investigate her own crimes.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I was suggesting marriage as a long term goal, once we've established ourselves a little better. In the meantime, lets visit the seaside.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Makes sense. Make marriage a long term goal.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

RBA Starblade posted:

We're a strong independent Sim who don't need no man. Maybe Samara could consider robbery as an alternate cash flow. Then investigate her own crimes.

I'm going to second this idea, and we'll need a hostage partner so we will need to have Quincey come along with u.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

We just beat up a guy and got 500 simoleons. Seems like we're on to a winning strategy here.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

sullat posted:

We just beat up a guy and got 500 simoleons. Seems like we're on to a winning strategy here.

We could also look into getting arrested. At least then we'd get three hots and a cot, right?

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010

T-man posted:

Makes sense. Make marriage a long term goal.

Specifically, marriage to Gengis the ManBear. Quincey is our sidekick and doesn't show off enough body hair, and I think the Wolfman is already married so gently caress all that effort.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Lotish posted:

Get your polygamy on.

shouldn't that be polyandry?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Let's go around town, stealing as much of anything as possible. Then, when we get hired to investigate the stolen goods, we get rich! A foolproof plan.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

-gamy just means marriage, while polyandry would be the specifically multiple male mates version. So, both!

Pyroi posted:

Let's go around town, stealing as much of anything as possible. Then, when we get hired to investigate the stolen goods, we get rich! A foolproof plan.

It's a bulletproof guarantee!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Day 7 and 8: The Dog Dies By The End

Okay, well, against my better judgement we got a dog.

Honestly speaking, there's no way this guy can make things more terrible than they already are.

I also can't see how Samara can screw this up, anyways.

Okay boy, sit.

We should've just bought a bird.

To do

☐ Get a hair cut
☐ Buy a light
☐ Build a roof
☐ Fence off our garden
☐ Buy a dog
☐ Eat it

☐ Buy a computer
☐ You're getting too close, shamus!
☐ Become a street performer
☐ Marry Quincey
☐ Marry Gengis
☐ Marry the hairy guy
☐ Marry the other hairy guy
☐ Marry all four

☐ Blog
☐ Have a night on the town with Gengis and Quincey
☐ Go to the beach
☐ Commit a crime, work as the detective for the crime
☐ Solve a case
☐ Travel abroad

That's a lot of buying things.

It's early in the morning and we're all set for whatever the day throws at us, so I'd say we got time to kill.

Let's head over to Gengis's place.

I like the outdoorsy look he's got going on.

We'll just show ourselves in.

Gengis isn't home right now...so I guess we'll have a chat with his punk kids instead.

This is Khan. He...takes after his father. To say the least.

And this is Kendel. I'm assuming she takes more after her mother.

I'm not interested in making buddies with Gengis's brats, so we'll come back another time.

Instead, let's go get a makeover!

We're not really on the cutting edge of fashion, but I'm pretty sure beekeeper helmets were never in style.

Don't worry, our budget won't taking a beating from this. This is free. For some reason.

An actual, professional makeover costs more than probably what we ourselves are worth. But for now, I guess they're doing charity or something.

There we go. Not really a haircut as much as just a good combing but...

...Well, we've got to look our part. We're not homeless anymore. We're just...poor.

Not sure why we had to switch to our bathing suit, though.

Uhm...it's a good thing when your stylist starts booing you, right?

...We should probably get out of here.

Since we've gotten ourselves cleaned up, why don't we treat our clothes to the same?

The local laundromat is right down the street. Samara's been aching to up her athletic skill, so I let her go out for a quick jog.

Woah, glowing things.

Samara's starving and I could use a good laugh. Let's go for it.

Wait, what? We can't eat them? Lame. At least we sell them for a sweet, sweet $120. That'll pay the bills.

We jogged barely two feet and Samara's skinny again. I can already tell today is gonna suck.

Hey, there's a show going on over here. Let's check it out.

Wow, what is this? A freak show?

...I'm sorry. I shouldn't judge people on their skin color.

Pfft, she's clearly just got an LED light in her bracelet.

Wooow. A puff of smoke. Incredible.

Of course to Samara this is the most beautiful thing she's ever witnessed.

Apparently so beautiful that she holds this pose well after the show ends.

Which itself was really short. Mercifully short, I'd say. That act was awful.

We're mere feet outside of the laundromat proper!

And look! More meteorites!

...More meteorites...What's with this town?

I'm going to try my luck and analyze these babies and...

Wow, not one of them went down in price. Two out of three even increased!

We sell these bad boys for a combined total of $200! That'll help.

Oh wow, butterflies too?

I wonder if we can eat these?

Samara attempts to but quickly realizes there's no "Eat" option.

Oh well. These stupid things aren't even worth that much too. I guess we can keep it as a replacement pet for that dog incident.

Samara calls it Gregory. I don't even know if this thing is male to begin with.

Enough goofing around, let's get down to business.

...What in the world with that vehicle parked there? Must be one of those smart cars of something.

...Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a laundromat is so neat and orderly.

I should be more surprised that I didn't realize that Samara's been reusing the same set of clothing since day 1, and so there's nothing for her to wear while she's washing the clothes.

I guess we could try...Iunno, like a clothing version of hot-bunking? Wear the clothes we've washed and clean the ones we wore while waiting? But to hell with that, I'm not paying for two cycles.

On the bright side, I managed to roof off Samara's bedroom.

On top of that, I managed to spread that orange paint like a bacterial infection inside that bedroom proper.

I even got a little ceiling light for when it's dark. Which will probably be always because there's no windows.

Not only that, I managed to fence off our garden, too!

...Okay, look. We don't have a lot of money. I'm doing what I can, okay?

Besides, the people in this neighborhood are so stupid they probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to overcome this fencing anyways.

Let's head on down to the police station at city hall and pick up a case.

They toss Samara out the door with her case files for this day's investigation.

Let's see...says here some guy's wife threw a hissy fit and hacked her husband's digital banking documents from another computer.

Oooh, cyberwarfare. I can't wait to see how we can solve this with punching.

A stone-brick mansion with two sports cars, nicely trimmed foliage, a fountain, and a convenient flock of swans in the upper left corner.

I already want to punch whoever lives here.

Wow. Your dad really lets you run around outside in that outfit?

Actually, nevermind. You're so pale, I doubt your dad lets you run around outside at all.

Pfft, wow! Okay, nevermind.

God, this whole family's gene pool is a joke.

Nice hair, though.

We have a chat with dad. Says he just wants us to re-hack or un-hack or whatever his files back. What are we, tech support?

Aaand he clarifies that he absolutely, definitely, does NOT want us to punch anybody.

Sheesh, twist our arm a little bit more, why don't you?

If there's one thing I've learned from being a P.I., it's that if a computer is connected to the internet, you can hack it.

I assume black screen with red flashing letters in another language is a good thing, right?

Man, if some snot-nosed child yesterday drops us $500 for a case, imagine the money we'll be rolling in once we solve this guy's relationship issues.

Actually you don't have to. Because it was $500. Now I really wanna punch somebody.

But...I dunno. He was so happy that we solved his problem, I don't want to ruin the moment.

I think we'll let him off easy and just hit him with the second-best thing.

A petty insult to his home and a high-tailing out of there.

It's not a lot, but with $500 we can afford...well...we were planning on getting a computer...but...

Y'know...we need a place to put it. So how about a nice, secondhand computer desk?

And hey, we got some money left over. We can work on covering our fridge and soon-to-be computer from the forces of nature.

Let's see if Gengis is home yet.

Oooh, but first, I see our new meals for the next few days.

We're buddies with ol' Gengis. I'm sure he won't mind.

And there's the man of the hour!

It's...so unusual seeing him with his shirt on.

And his wife, Blaise is home too.

Wait, but then...well, I guess she's adopted or something like that. Nevermind.

We might as well make chums with the couple, so I invite Blaise to join the conversation.

You can have multi-way conversations with...well, a lot of people. At once, I mean. It's a great way to improve relationships with not only multiple people at the same time, but also improve the relationships of everyone with each other, too.

Anyways, it's getting late. How about a good-bye present, Gengis?

We got it just for you: some tomatoes we stole from your garden! Here you go!

Let's call it a night, it's getting late.

We're P.I.'s that work by their own hours, but why don't we make tomorrow a...kind-of weekend?

The original plan was to go out by the beach with Gengis and Quincey but...

It's kind of cold. And rainy, and windy, and basically late-fall.

But I've got the next best thing planned.

But first, let's take care of our garden.

I'd say it's coming along swimmingly, so far.

And now to enjoy the fruit of our labors.

What? No, this isn't our food, are you kidding me? This is the stuff we stole from Gengis's garden, silly. You really thought Samara could actually keep these plants alive?

Well...then again, they haven't died yet. At least from as far as I can tell.

Aww man, our toilet clogged. And it's also getting really nasty.

Hmm...maybe if we keep flushing it, this room will fill up with water. That'll be neat.

...Actually, why don't we just fix it? But not right now, we've got more fun things to do.

Let's pick up our new case so we don't have to later.

It's...huh. We have to meet Khan, Gengis's son, for our objectives.

It's a bit early to go out drinking, so I guess we can get started on that. I hope school's not in session right now.

SPOILER: IT IS

I guess we'll wait...

At least we won't starve to death. We've got plenty of stolen food from Gengis.

Let's see what this playground's got.

Wow, a trainset?

My elementary school just had tetherballs. And unusually the tethers didn't even have a ball.

And chess tables too. The students here must be the most orderly, calm children on Earth. Or watched like asylum patients.

Playing chess helps build up your logic skill. Logic is used for thinkin' smarty stuff.

Even if you're playing by yourself.

It can also be used to help with Samara's detective work, too. But simply doing jobs will also raise her logic skill.

I guess I can't keep her stupid forever.

Speaking of stupid, let's take a look at Samara's blog!

Hmm...it's down a few followers, but her recent posts have been getting a lot of positive feedback. That's good.

Her networking skill improved a little after this blogging session, so I changed her phone skin to red.

Yup...still waiting...

Funny how school is kind of like jobs for children.

But I bet kids can't go out drinking afterwards!

Let's ditch Gengis's kid and just invite Quincey and Gengis for a few tall ones.

This is a Fusion Lounge. It's called...Modern Mingle I think? It's a fancy-pants place and the drinks are expensive, but hey--that's why Quincey's here.

Uhh...Quincey? Is now really the best time for a protest?

...Maybe this is why he's so calm all the time.

See? This is kind of like the beach. It's got water...and fish.

This place is really fancy, too. That's an outdoor pool behind that aquarium. You can even go swimming in it.

...But it's for VIPs only. You can see the bouncer over there.

They won't let us in unless we're a certain celebrity level, which we can increase by meeting famous people or doing really well in our jobs.

Or we can slip them bribes. Because we're just rolling in money.

Aaand Gengis rides away on his bike right as the outing begins, and tells us that it sucked while he's rolling away.

Also, because he wasn't having fun the whole two seconds he was there, the outing was considered a failure by him. So our relationship with Gengis dropped.

Whatever. More for us.

Quincey, you're buying.

Ahh, thank you.

All drinks served in bars have special effects. Well, except like, one drink. Some make you feel more romantic, others make you go crazy. This one just keeps you awake and perks you up for a while.

The only issue is that every bar has its own unique names for its drinks, so you're going to have to spend some time with them before you can decipher which drink is what.

Man, this pianist plays like he's got twenty fingers.

Quincey, my man. How about we cut a rug together?

Wow. Save some of the fun and excitement for Samara, Quincey. Sheesh.

I know what'll lift your spirits!

Spirits!

...Get it?

Don't worry! We stole it from behind the counter, we didn't have to pay a cent!

Don't be modest, it's all just for you!

Open wide!

Here you go!

...Oh...

Don't worry. I'm sure that suit was cheap. It sure looked it, anyways.

...Why don't we call this outing a success and just meet up with Gengis's son for that case?

Wait. His son is like, 9. What's he doing in a place like this?

Even he knows he's not supposed to be there, because he starts running out the moment he sees us.

Thankfully we manage to catch him and ask him about the case. Apparently, Khan is suspecting his father Gengis of stealing some mouthwash, so he wants us to ask his father for...

...I think I know how this plays out. What, is this just a right-of-passage for dads now? Using their sons to extort money?

As much as I want to cave somebody's face in, I'd rather it not be somebody we're friends with.

I dismiss the case and have Samara head home.

I'd say we've made great strides in these last two days.

To do

☑ Get a hair cut
☑ Buy a light
☑ Build a roof
☑ Fence off our garden
☐ Buy a computer
☑ Blog
☑ Have a night on the town with Gengis and Quincey
☑ Go to the sea
☑ Solve a case
☐ Travel abroad

We're finally getting some decent money now. It's nothing major, but it's making a difference for sure!

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 30, 2014

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
We need to befriend the alien chick.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

We need to make Khan our plucky kid sidekick. He looks like a miniature version of Quincey when Quincey's wearing his dumb-looking casual outfit instead of his tux. Speaking of which, take all reasonable (and unreasonable) measures to ensure that Quincey never wears anything besides his tux ever again.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Red hair, second hand everything... Its obvious.

Become a Weasley Wizard

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013

EzEight posted:

Red hair, second hand everything... Its obvious.

Become a Weasley Wizard

Yes, Samara should become a wizarding detective!

Also, let's get a second outfit so we won't have any more laundromat troubles.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Learning alchemy lets us throw flasks of bees at people, is more attainable in the short-term, and actually one of the only ways to become a wizard barring any cheaty business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Is Samara jogging in sockfeet? Buy some shoes, sheesh.

• Locked thread