Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Eonwe posted:

I'm curious what games you guys grew up with or have a really fond memory of playing.

For me, I was really into Castle of the Winds when I was a kid. It was the first roguelike, and probably RPG, I ever played. When you died it said "Another one bites the dust!" which I thought was funny.

So tell me what games you liked!

I had that game too, it was awesome. I remember loving the variety of messages you'd get when you killed something - "you crush the rat man's skull into jelly" and poo poo. That was endlessly entertaining to me as a child.

One of the earliest games I played on our first family computer was a first-person space tank game called Stellar 7. The graphics were mind-blowing (at the time, to me) and it was just complex enough that you could learn some neat tricks to make things easier as you played. Like if you used the jump power-up, you could shoot the first boss in the head instead of the legs and kill him in one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread