Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I have very fond memories of Duke Nukem 1 and Secret Agent, a crappy old Apogee platformer. I would watch my mom play them and I still remember when I was around six she woke up my brother and me around 1am to show us the victory screen for Nukem 1. In general, I have a lot of love for the old Apogee games. Biomenace, Crystal Caves and Major Stryker all come to mind. I never owned an NES or a Genesis, for about five years the only games my brother and I had access to were shareware floppies my dad would bring home for work which we would play for hours. The scenery in Commander Keen 6 I think (the Oracles one) always makes me smile, and some secrets have forever been burned into my memory. Coming back to them, I still love those games even if they're not great. I wouldn't say they're my favorite games but they always stand out as classics.

Here's a weird one, also related to family. I have very fond memories of Metal Gear Solid 2. It was the summer before my brother was heading out of state for a year and we spent the last few weeks beating it. Staying up until 3am, the only light the blue glow of the TV while we puzzled out how to find Aimes, discovered pull ups, all kinds of things. We would listen to all the calls we could. We even enjoyed talking to Rose, which for a 13 and 15 year old is pretty insane when I think about it. MGS2 may not be the best in the series but I love it for all the fun it's given me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread