Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey 1-12!

E:

2-16. Three, MAYBE four of these games might have been winnable. 12-13 were games where Skill, iyouxin and QB platooning together could not have won.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Makes ya feel any better, it is not just you :smith::hf::smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

2-18.

Let's play some T6 polish TD. Oh what's this, the enemy has a platoon of BZ-176s! How cool!

E:

4-18. Daily done, gently caress this game, I'm out.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 21, 2024

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Jesus loving Christ I think I'd have quit at

Truth be told I generally Alt+F4 if I don't get a win within the first five games (perhaps earlier if it's a run of poo poo-tier stomps). It's just not loving worth the risk of suffering an aneurysm because of some room-temperature IQ players who'd rather eat their keyboard than use it.

ninjaiguana posted:

Just had my first 0-15 in a while, on Siegfried Line. Apparently only 3 of us had authorisation to leave the area of the base, everyone else just stayed right there. Why even bother to load into the game?

0-15 used to be such a rarity. Now with a combination of OP tanks/general powercreep and so many players ranking somewhere around "dogshit" (why the gently caress do new players get a free ticket to Tier VI?!), 0-15 is a frustratingly common occurrence.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Jesus loving Christ I think I'd have quit at

Yeah maybe I should've too, but I figured I'd knock the Polish TD dailies out of the way and then try to get a feel for the T32 after such a long break.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been playing A LOT the past few days and I've come to realize something. I enjoy this game when I don't play a lot of it. 5 games seems to be my limit. Anything after that, I start to get angry and toxic.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol, I had two (2) ammo racks on my first two shots in my first Onslaught game of the week. Blew up a full HP BZ-75, then a full HP FV 4005.

Sometimes the RNG just be like that. Love my 60tp.

Also completed all three dailies with two shots:
1. Win a game
2. Place in the top 3 by damage
3. Kill 2 enemies in one game

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

I've been playing A LOT the past few days and I've come to realize something. I enjoy this game when I don't play a lot of it. 5 games seems to be my limit. Anything after that, I start to get angry and toxic.

Same, somewhere between 5 - 10 works for me, unless I am on a winning streak or power-grinding some abhorrent shitbox to get rid of it ASAP. After that I'll throw in the towel after a loss.

Booze-tooning with some pals alleviates the frustration with the constant uphill battle of being teamed with incompetent morons (at least somewhat) , but even so, after 10 battles you absolutely NEED a positive winrate else everyone just gets horribly sour and the enjoyment collapses faster than the average team.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Same, somewhere between 5 - 10 works for me, unless I am on a winning streak or power-grinding some abhorrent shitbox to get rid of it ASAP. After that I'll throw in the towel after a loss.

Booze-tooning with some pals alleviates the frustration with the constant uphill battle of being teamed with incompetent morons (at least somewhat) , but even so, after 10 battles you absolutely NEED a positive winrate else everyone just gets horribly sour and the enjoyment collapses faster than the average team.

100%. It's one of the main reasons I rarely group with anyone. I like playing with Goons, but I don't like how I get when I play this game for a long time. So to get lovely and sour around people I like is not a great feeling for anyone involved :smith:.

I also feel like I start playing shitter as my mood deteriorates. I start to get more aggressive, make dumb pushes etc.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well, after some initial wins I've hit the wall as I am saddled with teams of players like "rental Maus who does one shot of damage, dies, yells slurs in the chat for the rest of the game" and "Minotauro idles in A1 until everyone dies".

E:

this is what it takes to get wins today.

E2:

And now that I'm out of Onslaught, it's 0-6 for me.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 22, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I really wish the game would display actual aim time instead of this weird "Time for the aiming circle diameter to decrease by 60%" horseshit. It takes quite a bit more time to fully aim, so I had to go look up the (ridiculously complicated) aim time equation and plug it into Excel to figure out how field mods and equipment affect aim time.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Well actual time would depend on the state of the circle (and your tank) from when you're starting to 'aim' (what does aiming mean? do you still move the turret a bit?)
You'd just get a number salad changing constantly.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 22, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

After firing to fully aimed while stationary would be ideal.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Unless you are playing the Grille. Then your shot will do whatever the gently caress it wants regardless.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
There is a separate bloom number for firing the gun you can look up on tanks.gg
I agree that the hidden stats (turning turret, pushing W/S, pushing A/D) need to be shown in game.
The listed aim time gives at least some indication of how fast the circle will shrink once it's been agitated imo, it's just the other half of the equation is missing unless you look it up.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 22, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Unless you are playing the Grille. Then your shot will do whatever the gently caress it wants regardless.

0.26 accuracy my loving rear end :argh:

E:

You can get it down to 0,22 but it'll still be roughly as accurate as a KV-2.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 22, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

0.26 accuracy my loving rear end :argh:

I stopped at the T9. I played a shiton of the Grille on the test server and decided "Naw, I am good."

The French t9 and T10 AMX heavy tanks are so loving good. I always keep coming back to them. drat shame the T8 is such dogshit.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The T8 is in the bond store and it's pretty solid akshually :haw:
Do I dare log in and meet the Monday evening crowd? Maybe dip my toes in the water with some T6 preems.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

I stopped at the T9. I played a shiton of the Grille on the test server and decided "Naw, I am good."

The French t9 and T10 AMX heavy tanks are so loving good. I always keep coming back to them. drat shame the T8 is such dogshit.

That was a good move. I bought the Grille thinking it can't be THAT bad. Well, it's not BAD. But it has awful camo, the gun will poo poo on your hopes and dreams constantly, and it's a very limited tank in general. Stopping at T9 is the pro move.

And yeah, the French heavies own. I should equip the T10 and play it more in Onslaught to grind field mods.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Coming back to this thing I find a whole lot of annoying new tanks not present in the tech tree so I have no idea what to expect.
That plus not knowing all the spots on the maps has turned out some embarrassing deaths.

On the other hand: Finally getting to know the french wheelies and it's a whole lot of fun.

Thinking of going for the FV304 and the british wheeled mediums.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Basscop posted:

Thinking of going for the FV304 and the british wheeled mediums.

I stopped at the T7 for the British wheelies. I feel like I made the correct choice.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah. The T7 is the high point of the British wheeled mediums.

They were clearly deathly afraid of repeating the mistake of the French wheeled lights and made the British wheeled mediums kinda poo poo. They're not that fast, they handle like a bistro, they're just nothing special.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Man, how the gently caress did I sleep on the T32 for so long? This thing's great! It's decently mobile, decently accurate, has a good DPM and can absolutely bait shots as bounces from people who can't aim so good.

Sure, you're not gonna single-handedly carry a team of tomatoes from a 1-15 into a win, but let's just say that I was able to hold back and turn over a 2v4 in Paris just by tanking tons of shots from a Type 63, an IS-2-II and whatever the hell that T8 Polish TD is, and smacking them back hard.

E: also the AMX M4 mle 54 is really good in Onslaught! The armour is surprisingly trolly, the gun is pretty drat good and hits hard. Honestly I might prefer it over the Super Conqueror now.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 23, 2024

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Anything cool happening in tanks lately or am I good to not reinstall.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Anything cool happening in tanks lately or am I good to not reinstall.

Not sure how long it's been but a quick rundown:

British Wheelies: Stop at T7, the rest feel like boats with no real advantage.

Italian TDs: Guns will make you want to rip your hair out, but T8+ are good. Heavy Tanks with a triangle and "auto loaders".

Polish TDs: I stopped at T8, the gimmick doesn't give you much flexibility (closer = more damage). Armor and guns are unreliable, small caliber means you won't overmatch anything.

Japanese heavies: Gimmick sucks just like the tanks.

Chinese rocket heavies: T9 is great, T10 is meh, T8 is like getting needles covered in battery acid stabbed into your hands every 13 seconds.

They added a totally broken T8 Chinese heavy to the game that sucks to fight against on any tier. The people who drive it are almost as soulless are arty players.

I am sure I am missing something but pretty much that.

Edit: Almost forgot, mediums with CSV is becoming meta. It kind of rocks actually.

Double Edit: Japanese TDs 7, 9 and 10 are fantastic and a ton of fun. Especially the T7 which is arguably the best T7 tank in the game.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 23, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

+2 in a Gowika feels like cheating.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

+2 in a Gowika feels like cheating.

Not sure why I sold mine, that tank is awesome.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah that's gonna be the stopping point for me. The T8-T10 just seem completely pointless. You can't snipe with them, and they don't have the armour to brawl with anyone. Add in the pitiful gun arcs, the extremely slow aim speed and you once again have to ask what the gently caress they thought they were doing with this tank line.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You know what's fun? Having some dipshit in a BZ-176 spend the entire game shooting at your AT-15, and somehow not penetrating a single round. And then after the game sending you a private message where he yells abuse at you in Cyrillic. Didn't recognize anything other than "cyka blyat" a few times.

Turns out even the BZ-176 is not OP enough for some 47% WR tomatoes.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
very much feels like some tanks are just cursed pieces of poo poo.
like the FCM 50t. Every game the team does something to give you basically no spot to be effective, and everwhere you go to get a flank there's a fat TD pre-aiming your spot, the RNG throws shells in the dirt and getting a satisfying game out of it seems impossible.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Basscop posted:

very much feels like some tanks are just cursed pieces of poo poo.
like the FCM 50t. Every game the team does something to give you basically no spot to be effective, and everwhere you go to get a flank there's a fat TD pre-aiming your spot, the RNG throws shells in the dirt and getting a satisfying game out of it seems impossible.

That's every tank.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
A lot of older premiums, even T8s, need to be reclassified as T7s, and the FCM 50t is definitely one of those tanks.

Honestly, I'd say it probably would be better at T6 since a stiff breeze can penetrate it from pretty much all angles.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

BIG HEADLINE posted:

A lot of older premiums, even T8s, need to be reclassified as T7s, and the FCM 50t is definitely one of those tanks.

Honestly, I'd say it probably would be better at T6 since a stiff breeze can penetrate it from pretty much all angles.

yeah, i have 3 older t8 premiums and they're all way overshadowed now, especially since they've also lost their premium mm too. lowe in a t10 game loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I do miss this game and playing with goons. But thanks for the replies. Maybe a little later when I have more free time I can reinstall.