Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

drat, the missions on for the next week give you 200 battle pass points per day. That's crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Here are the buffs and nerfs going in to the Supertest:

Some thoughts.

1. The Super Conqueror nerfs seem to be the traditional WG move. They don't actually address the problems with the tank, they just make it less fun to play. GG.
2. As usual their language is so vague that it's hard to say what they're actually doing to the Minotauro.

"To achieve this, we will reduce the armor on the hatches and certain areas of the frontal projection to increase the chance of penetration. "

Which hatches? Which "certain areas"? This could be a decent nerf that makes the tank less of a chore to play against, or could just loving kill it stone dead. Impossible to say which!

E:

McGavin posted:

drat, the missions on for the next week give you 200 battle pass points per day. That's crazy.

Are those missions listed anywhere? I hate playing Steel Hunters but if the missions are doable, I guess I could suffer through?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently this is the Mino after the nerfs vs 300mm pen:

It's dead.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Apparently this is the Mino after the nerfs vs 300mm pen:

It's dead.

Ew. That seems like over kill.

McGavin posted:

Seems oddly generous of them. Wonder what the catch is?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Here are the buffs and nerfs going in to the Supertest:

Are those missions listed anywhere? I hate playing Steel Hunters but if the missions are doable, I guess I could suffer through?

Those buffs to the Foch B are huge! The main reason it sucked before was because it couldn't aim before it reloaded. Reducing the bloom after firing from 4 to 3 is a massive improvement that will let it aim all of its shots reducing the time it spends exposed.

Also, I was wrong about the missions. It's 200 battle pass points total, not per day, 100 from Steel Hunter and 100 from randoms. The Steel Hunter mission is very easy, just do 40k damage over any number of games. The random missions are pretty easy, but there are four and you have to do them in order.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Ew. That seems like over kill.

And the weird thing is that with the T9 they say "oh yeah we could nerf the frontal armour but that would ruin the way the tank plays, so instead we're doing this..." and then with the Mino they're just nerfing the frontal armour.

Not two loving braincells working over there, I swear.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This loving tomato one shot protection can eat my entire rear end in a top hat.

Minotauro on 713 HP. Shoot him with my T95. He survives with 3 HP. T30 on 708 HP. He survives with 7 HP. This loving poo poo just keeps happening.

I don't really care about the result since I was just doing the "block 2500 damage" BP mission, but just loving look at this poo poo:

Not only do I have to give huge props to the SU-130PM who did 300 damage, and the T110E4 who did ZERO, but look at the loving XP. Yeah, I do think it's totally cool and awesome that the 47% shitter in the GSOR who drove through our line and died after 30 seconds gets 20% more XP than I did, because he was on the winning team for the 27 seconds he was alive.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 15, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Because I am stupid I decided to throw $25 at WG for boxes. Got the Aston Rex and the Jagtiger Proto. The Rex is pretty fun, but I only loaded gold on it because the silver rounds suck poo poo.

Didn't try the proto yet. It seems, meh?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Astron Rex is indeed fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Astron Rex is indeed fun.

:hmmyes:

An actual decent day in tanks. I always forget how good the AE is, doesn't do anything super special but it is just a really solid tank.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Played stupid gently caress-gently caress games, got the T54 D. It might not be stellar, but it seems like it'd be a decent German medium crew trainer.

Definitely going to give it a dark camo so it's harder to scope out those weakspots in the screens, though.

The difference(s) between the L7A1 on the Leo Proto and the L7A3 on the T54 D are pretty glaring, though. The Proto gets 420/420/510 alpha and 278/323/105 pen to the T54 D's 390/390/480 and 268/300/53.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 15, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am playing so inpatient tonight, it's getting be killed again and again :smith:.

Edit: I think I am finally getting my groove back :unsmith:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 17, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I see you're also having a good time in light tanks. At least on the EU servers playing lights is just absolutely hosed right now. So many maps are just complete loving non-starters for light tanks, and even if you luck out and get a good spotting map, there's the chance that both teams have 4 lights, so nobody gets any spotting. And even if THAT doesn't happen, well you're still relying on 14 monkeys to mash their keyboards and mice to successfully shoot at poo poo you spot.

E:

also I think I'll resume leveling up the French TDs, because it seems like the Foch B is gonna be extremely good after the buffs. So might as well enjoy it before they nerf it into the ground. Weirdly it doesn't seem like they're touching the Foch 155 at all, so that thing is going to be even more irrelevant than it is now. Great use of 23 million credits at the Black Market a few years ago.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 18, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hosed up real bad on my 13 90, but some of the other light tanks I had luck in.

I keep getting too ancy and making lovely pushes. I am starting to get back into a more patient mindset, but it is just always to tempting to go "yeah, I think I can take their whole team on" and rush forward like an idiot.

Edit: I wanted to like the French TDs more than I did. The main problem is to get the most out of their crazy burst damage, you need to expose yourself for a long time. Their armor does not hold up well at all, so you need to go into fights expecting to take damage. Are they buffing the T8 or just the T10? I honestly forget :smith:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 18, 2024

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: I wanted to like the French TDs more than I did. The main problem is to get the most out of their crazy burst damage, you need to expose yourself for a long time. Their armor does not hold up well at all, so you need to go into fights expecting to take damage. Are they buffing the T8 or just the T10? I honestly forget :smith:.

Plan is to buff T8-T10.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sayara posted:

Plan is to buff T8-T10.

The buffs are probably going to be huge if they reduce dispersion after firing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, they're cutting it down from 4 to 3, and increasing engine power and reverse speed, among other changes. QB thinks they'll make the Foch B game breakingly good.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Stop, you are making me want to play them again :smith:.

I got the T10, I think I will wait till after the buffs to see if I want to buy back the T8 or 9. I am a sucker for auto loaders.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

AT-15 unlocked.

So the T9 gun is on a side path away from the Tortoise unlock (and also a gun it shares with one of the turreted TDs, so I had it unlocked already) but there's a loving T8 poo poo gun in front of the Tortoise unlock? What the gently caress, WG?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I take no pride in playing low tier tanks. But my kill missions will not complete themselves and I am lazy after work.

The newbies need to learn.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This kind of night today.

So much fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have discovered a new level of hell previously unknown: the AT-15 in a T10 game.

That is all.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I found a good spot to play hull down on Mannerheim Line, even in tanks with bad gun depression.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I have discovered a new level of hell previously unknown: the AT-15 in a T10 game.

That is all.

Honestly, the Tortoise isn't faring much better these days :smith:
You eat HEAT round after HEAT round either in the cupola, or the flat loaders' plate on the other side.

A couple years ago, when most players had to watch their ammo bill, it was a kind of a murder machine.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 20, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

Honestly, the Tortoise isn't faring much better these days :smith:
You eat HEAT round after HEAT round either in the cupola, or the flat loaders' plate on the other side.

A couple years ago, when most players had to watch their ammo bill, it was a kind of a murder machine.

Lots of tanks would be good if armour meant anything.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

That is disgusting, what a waste...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

That is disgusting, what a waste...

He was on my team and spent the whole round camping the TD tunnel in B8 on Redshire, taking potshots at enemies under the blimp.

I was in my IS-3-II and finished with 4.6k damage to his 1.5k damage.

Edit: People started giving him poo poo and then he claimed he was "17th on the server". I said "For what? Worst win rate in the 279e?"

McGavin fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 21, 2024

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
For the amount of gold to freexp converted it would seem.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

That's absolutely nuts, just shows how big a drag having a Tier X heavy do nothing is on the team. I don't think bots even get that bad a winrate.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So there's no way this motherfucker completed the 279(e) missions honestly, right? You don't have a loving 38% WR in anything if you can do those.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Someone who couldn't make a First Class in the T-62 / Obj260 with 500+ games a piece?
Noope.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's a really old account though, from 2013. I guess it's possible that the previous owner of the account grinded the 279(e) and then sold the account, instead of some account grinding service doing it on a fresh account.

Or some turbo whale (he seems to have ~every premium tank in the game) who paid someone else to get his account that 279(e).

https://tomato.gg/stats/NA/CORVETTE_DUDE%3D1006465761?tab=main

E:

Deffo a bought account.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 21, 2024

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Probably a botted account as well

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had a rough night in tanks last night to break my winning streak. Things I learned: Don't play tanks if you are already in a bad mood (I rushed out way too much) and the Char Futur is still amazing and idk why I don't play it more.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-24-1-CT1/

LOTS to unpack with this update.

Edit: Watching Youxin play right now and the death shot stuff is really awesome. The free camera also works in live battles after you die.

Edit 2:

After having a R O U G H night, I finally had a really good game. My 430 crew is kinda meh, but they got the job done.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkhmdDe6gRU

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6740844

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 22, 2024

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
Holy heck, they're *finally* ditching 'partially trained' crews? Everyone gets to start at 100% qualification? My god. It's only taken them....I don't even know how many years!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I decided to free XP past the Shitter, and the LHMTV is a lot better. It still has a pathetic gun, but at least it's a good bush spotter. Sadly so many of the maps in the game right now are just completely unsuitable for any kind of light gameplay, and looking at those changes in these new patch notes, they're just removing more and more bushes from more and more maps.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yea spotting is no longer a thing outside of 'those 3 or 4 maps'
Just have a damage setup like a med for the other 20? maps.

I know replicating this young gentleman is a tall ask, but maybe you can get some pointers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhlPNnLWOeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1TFThlXApk

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Thanks for those videos, I've been meaning to check his stuff out for a while now. I guess I might as well start now.

I genuinely don't understand why they think 1500 DPM, a 9 second reload and 200 alpha is a good design at T8.

E: like the Soviet T8 light tank has nearly 50% more DPM, the same view range, much better armour, is faster, has better soft stats for movement and the only thing the LHMTV has is 4% more concealment.

Even the HWK-12, which is rightfully regarded as a shitter, trounces the LHMTV in most areas - - except again the LHMTV has a few percentage more camo. But worse DPM, worse view range etc.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 22, 2024