Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Hellsau posted:

There were a few posts last thread wondering if the 704 is just better than the 268, side by side. I definitely do not think the 268 belongs in clan wars outside of an insane gimmick strat.

Looks like WoTlabs has one too.

http://wotlabs.net/articles/comparison-object-268-vs-object-704/

Goddrat that's brutal. And the 704 gets to see tier 7 from time to time, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

It hasn't been called this in game since forever, it's GW E-100 now.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

From what I understand the 907 has a very vulnerable weak ammo rack. I won't be able to play mine for a bit though but it's nice to have my vanity tank finally.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ensign Expendable posted:

2PAC: Babbyland. Previously known as "Don't give a Foch", and then cruelly renamed by a corrupt moderator, they are out for justice. Does not do clan wars, does not require tier 10s, join if you want to play with goons. Currently recruiting

2PAC is once again known as Don't give a Foch, Babbyland is ancient history.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Germany : much less forgiving than the Soviets. Both heavy lines end up with giant bricks.
Note: the Maus line is horrible and painful.

This should actually be changed, since only the VK3001P and the Maus could be considered horrible.
The VK3001P grind is only horrible while stock (never play stock) and it is only tier 6, so who gives a poo poo.
TigerP is pubbieproof and actually a better beginner tank than the Tiger (for experienced players, the TigerH is of course completely superior).
VK4502A is a medium-heavy hybrid designed for killing mediums.
VK4502B is currently OP as poo poo, with possibly the best frontal armor in the game.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Axetrain posted:

From what I understand the 907 has a very vulnerable weak ammo rack. I won't be able to play mine for a bit though but it's nice to have my vanity tank finally.

this is true of all the high tier T- series tanks though. A shot anywhere on the front right half of a T-54 will almost always damage the rack.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Ensign thanks for the OP and for the useful mod that allows me to shoot through buildings :patriot:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The mod that allows you to constantly roll for maximum damage and hit every module in the path of the shell is almost unfair

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Hey thanks for the link to the mod that allows me to use the wave cannon.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
You know, this grind through the Valentine and Grant would be a lot less painful if 75% of the battles weren't tier 6.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

I was considering "per aspergers as statsra" but it didn't sound as good.

FTFY

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It's "ad", not "as".

:spergin:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Nordick posted:

You know, this grind through the Valentine and Grant would be a lot less painful if 75% of the battles weren't tier 6.

Having unlocked both the Sherman III and the Archer, I'm unsure which grind was more painful.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Goon Team Star Wars of the Roses has been accepted.
http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/112636-Star_Wars_of_the_Roses/

Airborne_Commissar, Captain_Blaargh, myself, and SturmHaubitze will attempt to represent SA as best as possible. Which means coming in within the top 90% of teams.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

How are the new British tanks? Any keepers? I kind of want a Firefly.

I think it would be accurate to say they're at least decent from tier 6 up, plus the Archer, and everything earlier in those two lines is either bad or unremarkable (except maybe the Cruiser 2.)

mmkay posted:

Having unlocked both the Sherman III and the Archer, I'm unsure which grind was more painful.

Yeah, I'm grinding to both of those simultaneously. The Grant & Val are aggressively mediocre even though I'm experienced enough to make use of whatever high points they have (gun, armor.)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, I'm grinding to both of those simultaneously. The Grant & Val are aggressively mediocre even though I'm experienced enough to make use of whatever high points they have (gun, armor.)

Calling the Valentine mediocre is an insult to mediocrity. It is BY FAR the worst tank in the game.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Not the worst, it's just plain bad. At least the 2-pdr with prem ammo can put out some damage. It's decidedly superior to the AMX-40, at least.

EDIT: Having said that, I just discovered that 729 base XP is enough for Ace Tanker in the Valentine. :v:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 24, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Battle Schedule for Star Wars of the Roses is up. We'll be fighting:

"Fabian_Lolo_Estoyanoff_Peñarol" at 4:43
"GOFD" at 4:56
"IGot A Giant Stollen 4 Christmas" at 5:09
"DESTRUCTORES XXX" at 5:22
"king" at 5:35
"Lost in Space" at 5:48

I'll be hanging out in the Tournament Area TS, in Goons Ruin Everything

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'll be on at 7:30 sharp.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry, there's been a last minute change of plans. I'll only be able to make it to the first two battles. Mom wants me to visit her in the hospital. Previously I was on her "don't talk to me unless I want to yell at you first list". I'm going to take this as a good sign that things will start getting better now :-).

On the minus side this means leaving for the hospital at 5 pm. I've reassigned the captain-ship to Airborne_Commisar because he has seniority going by alphabetical order.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
We're doomed.

E: Of course we were doomed anyway....

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
godspeed goons.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I'm here and I'm in game. Let's ride the troll train to Fail Town, baby!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
toooooot toooooooooooot!

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
rofl, ftr-nazi has posted a huuuuge rant about... stuff. dude has a god complex

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Why even post that poo poo, it just "I hate the following WG EU staff raaarrggggg". Nothing to do with game news at all, thanks for keeping everyone updated on your likes and dislikes I guess maybe next he could give us a list of his favorite colors.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Why even post that poo poo, it just "I hate the following WG EU staff raaarrggggg". Nothing to do with game news at all, thanks for keeping everyone updated on your likes and dislikes I guess maybe next he could give us a list of his favorite colors.

I'd guess red, white and black.

E: poo poo no, I forgot he only likes whites.

Keksen fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 24, 2014

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Thank you holiday players for being worse than I am and allowing me to shoot you so I can finally master these two guys:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

this thread title is russian bias and i wont stand for it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Keksen posted:

I'd guess red, white and black.

E: poo poo no, I forgot he only likes whites.

Only some whites.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also someone posted recommended modpacks in the last thread that weren't McGavin's (sorry mcgavin but im not a huge fan of yours!!) but I can't find them so I'd think real highly of anyone who relinked them!

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

holy crap the ammo rack is soft on the 907, been ammo racked 4/5 games so far and died twice to ammo rack explosion.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Welp brought the 907 out, got Steppes, was teamkilled almost immediately by people trying to steal a kill. Good times.

Snakes in a can posted:

holy crap the ammo rack is soft on the 907, been ammo racked 4/5 games so far and died twice to ammo rack explosion.

Is that with Safe Stowage? Because you should always have Safe Stowage on almost every crew, specially Russian ones.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Colonial Air Force posted:

We're doomed.

E: Of course we were doomed anyway....

Arrrgh I checked the team earlier and it said 'declined' so I assumed we weren't doing it (I'm SturmHaubitze). I guess we aren't doing it, are we? gently caress.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Were you looking at the team page for the correct day? We were on for a bit, but Paul had to go and with no alternates we hosed off into the night instead of getting stomped.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

I was and it said 'declined', but that was earlier today and there were only 4 people. Now I look at it and see a schedule of battles etc. Ah well. What are the other days?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Huh, strange that.

Anyway as far as I know PauI hasn't set up teams for the other days yet. I'm sure he'll post them as soon he does. Probably whenever he gets back tonight/reads this. Unless some other enterprising goon does it.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Control Volume posted:

Also someone posted recommended modpacks in the last thread that weren't McGavin's (sorry mcgavin but im not a huge fan of yours!!) but I can't find them so I'd think real highly of anyone who relinked them!

OMC modpack is the big one right now and some people use Aslain's

EDIT: while I'm here check it out! if you love anime tanks and got back into WoT because of GuP like me now you too can experience an anime tank in RL.

some assembly required

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 24, 2014

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Also don't worry if your reload timer sometimes stops working--well, do worry, but all crosshair mods seem to be having issues with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Hellsau posted:

Only some whites.

I wish nothing more than that man's children have happy and loving marriages with roma.