Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Colonial Air Force posted:

A free tank you say?

Free tank says you. Free kills says I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

This match finally gave me enough credits for me to get the Indien Panzer. Really, nothing spectacular. I did a bit of damage before getting chewed up, knocked down to exactly 1 hp. To which I said "This must be a gift from Barack Obama, our Lord and Savior." Whatever.

Nothing too spectacular, I -

babby's first after game rant! Christmas came early! :haw:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

DoubleWelp posted:

I have the urge to play my EU account again. Can I get an invite to 2PAC as DWelp?

If you haven't played a battle recently, have someone invite you to return via refer a friend - you get bonus XP when platooning with your inviter

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

It's also included in the premium shop sale that's on right now, so you can get it for like $22.

I love my church 3 because it makes poo poo loads of cash and can easily pen anything it sees. Will the E-25 be similar?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

If you haven't played a battle recently, have someone invite you to return via refer a friend - you get bonus XP when platooning with your inviter

I went in before finishing the OP. :(

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I love my church 3 because it makes poo poo loads of cash and can easily pen anything it sees. Will the E-25 be similar?

E-25 will have a little more trouble since it can see things like IS-3s and other well armored bricks, but for the most part it has little trouble penning everything on the map. Plus it goes fast enough that you can just leave if you see something you can't pen.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

OMC modpack is the big one right now and some people use Aslain's

Cool thanks, OMC was the one I couldn't remember.

Also one good thing about not having the motivation to grind out a WZ-111 is that I can buy tokens for the gold and not accidentally have them turn into an internet tank.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

RandomPauI posted:

Re: The Tournament. Yeah, the format is a bit confusing. I guess we were declined, than accepted because they would have been short of teams otherwise. I had to leave early for reasons, but on the plus side we got at least one point for a technical draw!

The other days for the tournament are the 26th, 27th, and 28th. So Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sign up for them would start today. I'm not sure if there's enough interest to try and field a team though.

What? Wargaming does dumb stuff, and we also got in and had some quick, silly defeats. We have the butts. Let's at least try to put them in seats. Nothing fun will happen otherwise.

And hey, it's not like goons not showing up is new or really adds any more to the soul crushing this game already doles out. We can just platoon/seal club/head off and get drunk somewhere if the tourney falls through on a given night.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

someone refer me, I just reinstalled and havent played in like a year. jaredfromsubway@gmail.com is my account email.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I don't actually own one yet but def will get it before it disappears.

Speaking of the Church 3

First battle in it and goddamn I am already in love.

e:

queeb posted:

someone refer me, I just reinstalled and havent played in like a year. jaredfromsubway@gmail.com is my account email.

I got you.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 24, 2014

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Is Type 64 a good /not utterly retarded idea if the stronkholds devolve into tier 6?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rincewinds posted:

Is Type 64 a good /not utterly retarded idea if the stronkholds devolve into tier 6?

The Type 64 is amazing in tier 6 strongholds. Going all-light tanks is pretty drat fun.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Such a good time to have a 38H:

96 hits taken - 1 penned for 6 damage. 858 damage blocked by armour :killdozer:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

mmkay posted:

The Type 64 is amazing in tier 6 strongholds. Going all-light tanks is pretty drat fun.

I really like mine. Super fast. Decent handling. Auto aim and circle like a mofo

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Well I just bought the E-25, maybe I should take it out for my first joy ride and see wh...

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Burt posted:

Grosstractor and T-34-85M. Yes or no?

T-34-85M, yes. Gross, no.

Even then, the -34-85M is kind of a 'hard mode' tank, as it doesn't do you any favors.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Well I just bought the E-25, maybe I should take it out for my first joy ride and see wh...

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

You can see why the winrate padders prefer it, and why it is removed from the shop. It should not have pref matchmaking - it's better than the drat SU-122-44, one of the best tier sevens.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I like that they said they were removing it from the shop because it was too powerful and that way we'd see them less in battles. Before that announcement, I didn't see E-25's that much, now I see multiples in every game whenever I'm in a tank within their tier range. This was all a marketing scheme, and it worked.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So first game ever in my FCM, I think I made the right choice.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1455208#highway-mesadoram-fcm_50_t

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Dvsilverwing posted:

I like that they said they were removing it from the shop because it was too powerful and that way we'd see them less in battles. Before that announcement, I didn't see E-25's that much, now I see multiples in every game whenever I'm in a tank within their tier range. This was all a marketing scheme, and it worked.

It doesn't help that it's also pretty much the best german tank for farming kills for the WZ-111 mission...

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

Well, I have been using E-25s in pref7 platoons and it is a great and fun way to win and pad stats.
Solo it is still good, although more reliant on your team as always. IS-6s are kinda annoying in it.

The problem with the E-25 is that you need to be a good player to use it well, which sort of explains why it isn't as common.
A good E-25 is that annoying invisible tank that machine gun your health away and I always focus fire on them.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Mesadoram posted:

So first game ever in my FCM, I think I made the right choice.

The FCM is probably the most fun tank I have ever played. Yeah, there are some tanks that win more games, and there are also tanks that make more money, but there's just no tank out there that's as fun as the FCM.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

apseudonym posted:

After not playing WoT in months I came back today to play with some friends and ended up falling in love with my T37 and playing all day because Im avoiding phone calls from my family and its my vacation time, ok Dad Atomizer!?

I just unlocked the Bulldog and regretfully sold my T37, I ended up with a 67.44% WR over 86 games(down from 70% only 10 games ago :smith:) a ton of mastery badges and a bunch of angry T8 drivers calling me a reroll because there is just no way some autist with 3k games should be able to wipe the floor with their T8 heavy in a cute little T6 light.

:getin:

Also this thing has straight up stupid WN8, a round I did my HP in damage was like 2k WN8 and most games I was getting 4k+ WN8. Stat padding like mad.

e: First game in the bulldog with only the upgraded gun and 2k damage and 4k WN8. Jesus yes.

Lol, what's your IGN?

Burt posted:

Grosstractor and T-34-85M. Yes or no?

The former only if you're a collector, the latter maybe (better armor, worse gun than the tech -85.)

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So if you like seal clubbing....there is no better time. Gift tank is out tier 2 German thing. With no pen. So far good fun in the 127, FCM, and Tetrarch.

I found out the purpose to the new Pz2D: to make the gun on the Pz2J look slightly less terrible! :eng101:

Colonial Air Force posted:

A free tank you say?

E: Did 12 whole points of damage, got a 3rd class medal.

You're doing it wrong. When they give out the new low-tier gift tanks you play a sealclubber like the T18, either Hotchkiss, BT-SV, Pz2J, maybe the T-60.

What MM does the Pz2D get? With a worse gun than the tier 2 Pz1, which gets super-pref MM (sees tier 2 max), I would expect it to be the same.

Missing Name posted:

This match finally gave me enough credits for me to get the Indien Panzer. Really, nothing spectacular. I did a bit of damage before getting chewed up, knocked down to exactly 1 hp. To which I said "This must be a gift from Barack Obama, our Lord and Savior." Whatever.

Nothing too spectacular, I -

babby's first after game rant! Christmas came early! :haw:

Good enough to earn you 100 gold. :homebrew:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

So I thought I didn't have the krautwagon, turns out it's so ugly and bad looking my eyes were protecting me from it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Pz II D does not have pref MM. For whatever bullshit stupid reason.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Atomizer posted:

Lol, what's your IGN?

Asurmen

Can I do a name change? Or is it set? Id rather be using my SA username.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Looks like the PzII Ausf. D is doing a good job distracting you from the other terrible German premium that came out recently!

The medium member of the German cat family, the Panther, entered service in 1943. The best adjective to describe it would be "controversial". This tank was complicated, expensive, and picky in use, especially during its early production. However, anyone that went up against a Panther in battle would not have described it as an easy opponent. This is why improvements to the Panther were being made until 1945 and the complete collapse of German economy.

Initially, the Panther's gun was a high velocity 7.5 cm piece, which confidently penetrated Allied vehicles at ranges of 2000 meters. In early 1945, Colonel Holtzhauer from the department of armoured vehicles and motorization reported that Daimler-Benz developed a Panther variant armed with the 8.8 cm KwK 43 gun, the same gun as on the King Tiger, one of the most menacing guns of WWII.

In 1945, Germany planned to begin production of a new Panther variant, Ausf. F. For this version, Daimler-Benz engineers designed a new turret, the Schmalturm (narrow turret) that had a number of advantages: it was cheaper to make, better armoured, and had a smaller front plate. The gun mantlet took the shape of a truncated cone, which reduced the chances of ricochet into the thin roof, improving the safety of the driver.

Despite having 120 mm of front armour, the narrow turret was 100 kg lighter than its predecessor. The decreased dimensions did not make the insides much more cramped. The new design was technologically simpler, as it took about 30-40% less time to make it.

The project mounting an 8.8 cm gun in the Panther used this new turret, slightly modified. Even with this massive weapon, the vehicle was only a ton heavier than a regular Panther. Engineers had to widen the turret ring to let the crew handle long and heavy shells in the fighting compartment.

Aside from Daimler-Benz, another industry giant was working on installing an 8.8 cm gun in the Panther: Krupp. After comparing the two projects, the department of armoured vehicles and motorization determined that Daimler-Benz should complete their turret and Krupp should work on the cannon.

1945 was agony for the Third Reich. Common sense would suggest that there would be no way to begin production of new types of tanks. German industry, shaken by Allied bombings and working on a starvation diet could barely manage with vehicles that were already in production.

There was no chance that the Panther with an 8.8 cm gun could have seen combat. So many changes were needed that the turret remained a wooden mockup until May of 1945. In August of 1945, it was found in a Daimler-Benz assembly plant.

The Panther with a larger gun was left buried in the ruins of the Third Reich. It was hard to say what effect it would have had in battle if it was produced, for example, in late 1944. One thing can be said for certain: it would not have helped Germany win the war.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So it seems using a E25 now makes you turtle cancer

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Stock ARL V39. Checkmate.

Yeah, but the Valentine is that bad upgraded. A fully upgraded tier 4 tank with less DPM than the majority of tier 2 tanks is just shameful.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Very interesting bit of trivia! Thanks! :waycool:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

McGavin posted:

Yeah, but the Valentine is that bad upgraded. A fully upgraded tier 4 tank with less DPM than the majority of tier 2 tanks is just shameful.

Less than 1k dpm at tier 4.

If you use the stock gun, you get up to almost 1500!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Ahahaha:

Got the WT-100 a couple of days ago... :stare:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

Ahahaha:

Got the WT-100 a couple of days ago... :stare:

Should have seen it before the nerfs.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So this is a conversation that happened. I've been playing light tanks in between mediums and heavies. And by play I mean dicking around in light tanks. Apperantly my performance in south coast particularly irked 7XIV because he sent me a message.

quote:

7XIV (12/24/2014 17:12:06) GOOD JOB........NOT
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:12:09) Hi
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:12:15) And thanks?
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:12:28) Howdid I gently caress up and why was it important enough to PM me to let me know I hosed up?
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:15:47) ALright, I've checked a few of the battles I've gotten out of and your name isnt popping up. Have we met before?\
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:16:11) Oh, the e25
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:16:34) I musthave single handedly lost south coast for you to send me this message.
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:17:13) Well, without further constructive advice or information I'm afraid I can't really address any of your concerns. But the fact that you have concerns HAS been noted.
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:24:19) I'll be getting a bite to eat and something to drink, in case I don't get back to your reply immediately

7XIV never bothered sending a reply. Does that mean I win?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Any good write ups to convince me not to buy the premiums?

Is the panther 88 just a bad panther 2?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

RandomPauI posted:

So this is a conversation that happened. I've been playing light tanks in between mediums and heavies. And by play I mean dicking around in light tanks. Apperantly my performance in south coast particularly irked 7XIV because he sent me a message.

You're the best games poster

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Was it because he left the conversation?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes, but only after I said I was leaving to get a bite to eat.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

RandomPauI posted:

Yes, but only after I said I was leaving to get a bite to eat.

Keep on keepin' on, PauI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

It means you're an idiot for writing lots of words to a worthless pubbie who wasn't even responding anymore.