Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

8 games.

Wouldn't mind except my daily for three blueprint pieces is to win 4 games.

Oh hey, a fellow sufferer. 7 games;

Highlights include;

- All our high tier heavies going south on Westfield, leaving me and the other low-tier heavy to fight the north hills.
- Half our heavies on Redshire trying to scout and preditably getting shot in the face.
- Several more games where I could predict our loss within 30 seconds and do absolutely nothing about it.

I'm just trying to elite the IS! It really shouldn't be that hard.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

ninjaiguana posted:

- All our high tier heavies going south on Westfield

What the actual gently caress.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What the actual gently caress.

Yup. Three Tier 8's - an Emil I(?), a Tiger II and a third one I can't remember at all. They wanted to snipe across from the south hill, you see. So me and the Black Prince got to get loving hammered by the enemy T8s in the north.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Just had another one where *every* other heavy apart from me (and this was a 5 heavy game) on Serene Coast went south and then sat at our end of the island in a massive sniping traffic jam. Tier 7-9 game. We lost that one.

'Yes, of course I can hold the north by myself in a bottom tier tank with 175 pen, don't even worry about it.'

Rather than triple posting (oops) - is there some kind of event on or something that explains why heavies are so hot on sniping today? I swear I've seen so many more heavies just doing the most nonsense bullshit like they think they're TDs all of a sudden.

Including - this was a fun one - a KV-2 with a camo net equipped.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 29, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ninjaiguana posted:

Including - this was a fun one - a KV-2 with a camo net equipped.

That's just adorable :allears:

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

That's just adorable :allears:

This was on the dreadful Redshire game. I'm spectating because I'm dead - me and the one other heavy who went that way having failed to hold the zeppelin against their forces - and I see this guy stop and hear the 'floomph'. It was definitely a moment.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao I slapped a camo net on my KV-2 once a long time ago.

I was fooling around with some buddies in a training room!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you ever see a lemming train happening, you scrap whatever plans you had and join it. You don't ever want to be the only person on a flank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

If you ever see a lemming train happening, you scrap whatever plans you had and join it. You don't ever want to be the only person on a flank.

I mostly agree with this. If you know some sneaky AND SAFE positions and you have the speed to get the gently caress out then going to the less populated flank can get you some easy damage. But if you can't do that, then going with the conga line is always fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

I mostly agree with this. If you know some sneaky AND SAFE positions and you have the speed to get the gently caress out then going to the less populated flank can get you some easy damage. But if you can't do that, then going with the conga line is always fun.

Yeah, IMO this is one of the biggest skill issues in WoT and it's something I struggle with myself. And a corollary to this is also the question of "when should I push", because there are times where a brave push can turn a bad situation into a win, and there are times when that brave push will just get you killed immediately.

Skill put out a video today about the 56tp with the title "avoid buying this tank at all costs", which would make one believe that the tank is in fact an unplayable piece of crap. And that's definitely his tone in the video as well, but then in his index it's rated as a 3/5 tank. I think the T-54D was a similar case where his streams were just him cursing the tank and fighting back the urge to throw his computer out the window, and then it's rated 3/5.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

IMO, you should push when you know what's in front of you and you're confident that you can survive taking it all on. Like, I am probably not going to lead a push if there is a high tier TD on the enemy team that hasn't been spotted yet.

I also use XVM to tell me when to support someone else leading a push. The better the player in the lead is, the more likely I am going to help them push. XVM is hugely important to avoid throwing your life away supporting a YOLOing tomato with a deathwish.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

In an unrelated topic, one of my biggest sources of frustration with other players is when you and a teammate are facing a single enemy behind a piece of hard cover and your teammate keeps following you instead of going around the other side and flanking the enemy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

In an unrelated topic, one of my biggest sources of frustration with other players is when you and a teammate are facing a single enemy behind a piece of hard cover and your teammate keeps following you instead of going around the other side and flanking the enemy.

Every.loving.Time.

The enemy tank has to make a choice, why do our pubbies want to take damage instead of an easy kill?

:colbert:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I swear to god trying to play light tanks with these absolutely loving turbo muppets is cratering both my WR and my WN8.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also they rolled back the Foch buffs.

A bunch of clowns posted:

AMX 50 Foch B

Buffed engine power changed from 1,250 to 1,150 h.p. (+150 h.p. net increase)

Buffed reverse speed changed from 17 to 15 km/h (+2 km/h net increase)

Buffed aim time changed from 2.1 sec back to 2.3 sec (now the same as pre-buffed aim time)

Dispersion after firing changed from 3 back to 4 m

AMX 50 Foch

Buffed reverse speed changed from 17 to 15 km/h (+2 km/h net increase)

Buffed aim time changed from 2.3 sec back to 2.5 sec (now the same as pre-buffed aim time)

AMX AC mle. 48

Buffed reverse speed changed from 17 km/h to 15 km/h (+2 km/h net increase)

Buffed aim time changed from 2.3 sec back to 2.5 sec (now the same as pre-buffed aim time)

Back to being completely irrelevant.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Why even bother trying to balance the game?

The dev team is clearly too busy making a Magnum P.I. Battlepass or some other poo poo that is only relevant to 0.01% of the player base.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only thing that would make WoT Plus worthwhile would be if it removed the credit and XP loss that came with losses so long as you were in the Top 10 in your team, and actually gave you a bigger "participation bonus" if you were in the Top 5.

If you're a perpetual Bottom 5 shitler? Thanks for the :20bux:, chump.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Why even bother trying to balance the game?

It's completely baffling that these lazy motherfuckers rebalance half a dozen vehicles in a year, and this is the level of care and thought that goes into it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's because they don't play or understand the game, they're just tuning based on performance stats.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Man, some of these Tier 8 stock grinds are miserable. I've only recently made it to Tier 8 at all, and my first T8s were the Italian medium and heavy. Those have pretty decent stock configs. The Italian TD a little less so, that 175 stock pen hurts, but the actually good gun isn't *that* far away. But then you get to some of the Russian tanks and jfc.

(I've only played just over 2,500 battles. So as I understand it I am a mere babe in a tank.)

EDIT: Jfc. Tier 6-8 game on Prokhorovka, care to make a guess which grid square our Lowe - our only top tier heavy - spent the entire game in? Partial points for correct row or column!

EDIT EDIT: We were the South team, I should probably mention that...

Answer: K2

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 31, 2024

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
came back to this after last playing in like 2012

no idea what the gently caress i'm doing

matchmaking feels very swingy

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mr. Maggy posted:

matchmaking feels very swingy

The game is very swingy. Losses tend to snowball because being down a tank is very detrimental to a team. Good players have realized this and become very good at recognizing when they have an advantage and pressing it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Been seeing a ton of M6's in lower tier games. Pubbies finally realizing that thing is a monster?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The BZ line is top of the tree for the first time ever in April.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I know this video is obviously cherry picked, but ... is the T110E5 good these days? Is it going to be worth playing after the Super Conqueror gets stomped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdfp6Re2G0

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
It's shockingly bouncy IF you keep dancing and wiggling at all times.
Not for lazy grognards who need an invincible turret to peek the same spot again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf73poyTJsY

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am so tired of this poo poo.

E:

holy poo poo, there are no words to describe how much more fun the French wheeled lights are compared to the British lights.

And this thing is supposed to be one of the worst in the tree!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 1, 2024

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm not proud of it but after a dogshit night of tanks with my boosters running out, i spawned into a t10 game as a tiger ii where i am still grinding the top gun and simply alt+f4d and did something else. that's not really justifiable but gently caress it, it's a video game.

also skill did a video where he plays a single game in the lefh arty. in tier 4-5 matchmaking he deals 2.8k damage. lmfao

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i'm not proud of it but after a dogshit night of tanks with my boosters running out, i spawned into a t10 game as a tiger ii where i am still grinding the top gun and simply alt+f4d and did something else. that's not really justifiable but gently caress it, it's a video game.

also skill did a video where he plays a single game in the lefh arty. in tier 4-5 matchmaking he deals 2.8k damage. lmfao

The lefh is the single most damaging tank they added to the game besides the BZ. It is straight up broken and ruins the lower tiers. Poor newbies just trying to learn the game and that poo poo is just dunking on them constantly...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That tier 3 French TD with 400m view range is also up there.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

That tier 3 French TD with 400m view range is also up there.

They clearly didn't gather enough "data" on why that's bad.

It's so baffling to me how after all these years they still hide behind the "not enough data" excuse for the time it takes for them to make literally any buff or nerf.

Edit:

Wow...

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 2, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I want to punch whoever created this loving "damage 7 enemies in one battle" mission in the dick.

And then I want to punch whoever decided that rerolling a mission can reroll to the same mission twice in the dick.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've said it before, I'll say it again: holy gently caress the EBR Hotchkiss is good.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6747294#ghost_town-soralapio-hotchkiss_ebr

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: holy gently caress the EBR Hotchkiss is good.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6747294#ghost_town-soralapio-hotchkiss_ebr

Hot drat. That is a hell of a game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Hot drat. That is a hell of a game.

It was the perfect storm of the enemy team being insanely poo poo, and my team also being insanely poo poo so they couldn't really take advantage. I drove down one flank shooting poo poo I was spotting. Probably could've racked up an even bigger score but I really wanted to get that "damage 7 tanks" mission done and moved on after taking a couple of shots at each enemy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
8 or 9 losses in a row at this point. I can't handle this loving game tonight.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not complaining, just wondering:

5 kills, ~4000 combined and only a 2nd class? Good lord, people are just running wild with the Centurion, aren't they?

E:

Three ramming kills, too!

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yup it's 1250 base xp (on a win) for the M badge.
Very much up there for tier X techtree.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not surprised, the Centurion AX is incredible after the buffs. Possibly my favourite T10 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm not complaining, just wondering:

5 kills, ~4000 combined and only a 2nd class? Good lord, people are just running wild with the Centurion, aren't they?

E:

Three ramming kills, too!

The people who understand that tank are loving absolute killers in it. It's very flexible and can dish out serious damage to low armored targets with its HESH all the while dropping some gold rounds that chew through heavies. Trying to mark that tank would be a hell of a hill to climb.