Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's kinda hosed up that WG's awesome "there must always be a wheelie playing against a wheelie" algorithm considers the Lynx 6x6 and the EBR 75 FL 10 equals, which means that anyone playing the Lynx 6x6 will be matched up against an EBR roughly 80% of the time.

And uhh. Let's just say they're not exactly equal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's kinda hosed up that WG's awesome "there must always be a wheelie playing against a wheelie" algorithm considers the Lynx 6x6 and the EBR 75 FL 10 equals, which means that anyone playing the Lynx 6x6 will be matched up against an EBR roughly 80% of the time.

I regret not buying that little demon when I had the chance :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have an EBR but I never could really figure it out. I think playing the Lynx is gonna help with that, and is also the reason I don't want to play the EBR until i'm done with the Lynx. I bet going back to it would suck.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Patch is coming out tomorrow btw for anyone who missed it.

Excited for the Polish TDs, I love aggressive TD play styles.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Speaking of aggressive TD play styles.

First game:

The Patton player.

Japanese TDs Trip Report:
T5 good, T6 very not good, T7 epic, T8 meh, T9 very good, T10 seems excellent.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Ho-Ri 3s that push the W key terrify me. They are shockingly nimble and get into sneaky positions at a speed a lot of people don't expect.

I've heard no information about the lower tier Polish TDs. Has anyone?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Adding to why I am absolutely hating the grind :buddy:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Is there a matchmaking prohibition against a T8 tech tree wheelie platooning with two FL 10s?

Again, the most fun I've ever had in this game was grinding the 13/75 and 13/90s and ~Wolf Packing~ motherfuckers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I always forget how amazing the Conqueror is. I did forget to put intuition on it though, which I changed promptly after.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6750465#ruinberg-mesadoram-conqueror

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drI2QNmhGo0

Fake Edit:

:alonso:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i havent been playing any of this game at all and, folks, it's been great

i think i might take this strategy into the next month as well

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Have you guys tried Helldivers 2? 4 man squads, PvE, patriotism. Oh, and it's fun!!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Is there a matchmaking prohibition against a T8 tech tree wheelie platooning with two FL 10s?

Yeah, I don't think you can have more than 1 light tank in a platoon but other than that I don't think so :v:

E:

Mesadoram posted:

Fake Edit:

:alonso:

lol he called you "cupcake", I thought those guys died out with Wildstar.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 9, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Adding to why I am absolutely hating the grind :buddy:

Yeah, the wheeled lights are definitely kinda lovely grinds. Multiple engines! Multiple guns! Multiple radios! Multiple sets of tyres! But I'm almost done with the Lynx, and at T9 I won't have to mess with busted premiums anymore.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

lol he called you "cupcake", I thought those guys died out with Wildstar.

This game seems to attract the most "interesting" of characters.

The game he was poo poo talking to me about was a game in my M6 in T8 MM. Our team got absolutely smoked and I died to a double tap of a SU-130 and Hellcat. We are never allowed to have bad games I guess :shrug:

Edit: Just spent a poo poo load of free XP and books to get the T7 Polish TD up and running.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 9, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Not every day you get an Invader in a bush wanker.

It was down to a 2v1: a Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffenträger vs me and our arty. He was ~somewhere~ so I figured I'll start capping and either he'll come to me, or go kill the arty.

He killed the arty.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think I am going to like this tree...

Edit: From my one game I played, people are going to treat you like a Maus and just shoot gold the second you show your face.

Double Edit:

3 games is hardly a great sample size, but holy poo poo is it fun to just dump onto people with this alpha damage. It requires you to play aggressive though, so if you are not into that this might not be the tree for you.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 10, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"I'M GONNA PLAY MY RENTAL MAUS ON WESTFIELD"

I understand why they're in the game but jesus loving christ I hate these rentals.

E: I won 8/10 placement matches, was in the top 3 for all games but one, and my placement is bottom of Iron E.

Awesome system.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 10, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So many people playing the new Polish TDs as red line bush wankers.

E: The T5 is complete rear end. poo poo gun, no armour, awful aim time etc.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 10, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Free XPs to the T8, camps at the red line.

I swear to god man.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The tank is built for hitting W. It's so weird how many people don't, you know, read literally anything.

As much as I like the T7, watching T8 gameplay is making me smile ear to ear. Tank looks quite nasty and punchy close range.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I got fed up trying to do the "damage 5 enemies in a game" mission and went to the M53/55.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I never knew I had dynamic camera on. Holy poo poo turning it off is life changing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I never knew I had dynamic camera on. Holy poo poo turning it off is life changing.

Yeah, it's awful. I've had it off forever.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What a poo poo night in tanks. Blow out after blow out, so frustrating.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

What a poo poo night in tanks. Blow out after blow out, so frustrating.

Yep.

As a pro tip: as much as Onslaught sucks in many ways, I still recommend it for any T10 you're playing. The matches are very quick, and because it's only 7v7, you can have a much bigger effect on the game than in randoms. It's a great way to do dailies and grind field mods on T10s. Plus, if you do the (very easy) weekly missions on every week of the Onslaught, you get a bond hardening for free.

Seriously: the weeklies are very un-WG. Get prestige rating, get a bit more prestige rating, do 7000 damage over any number of games, kill 7 enemies over any number of games, win 2 games.

E: also, apparently once you fully upgrade it, the T5 Polish TD is kinda busted. Not easy to play because it has bad armour but a 240 alpha gun with a very quick reload is kinda nuts at T5.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 12, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm up to the UDES 03 on the Swedish TDs and I just don't know if I want to progress any more. These things feel so completely out of date with the WoT of 2024, because they're 100% useless if they can't bush wank at the back, and that's just not possible in so many maps.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fig. 1: Why I have a 43% win rate in the Obj. 752.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Fig. 1: Why I have a 43% win rate in the Obj. 752.

That T-103 devoured your bots team. Every game yesterday felt like that for me :smith:.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fig. 2: Why I have a 43% win rate in the Obj. 752.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Watching some streamers play Onslaught and it looks miserable.

Edit: Holy poo poo I cannot win tonight. Had a Chief P on our own team block 2 of shots.

Double Edit: Took me 22 games to get to 50% winrate. Also, I forgot how much I love the IS-3-II

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 13, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Watching some streamers play Onslaught and it looks miserable.

I mean it's miserable if you try to progress, because the point system STILL sucks. But if you're just doing the weeklies and grinding field mods, it's just randoms but with only 7v7 so you can have a bigger effect on the game than normally. And because there's funky special abilities, for instance the BatChat 25t is a lot more fun to play than normally because you can load a full clip in 20 seconds.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The AT-15 in a T10 game.

Can't think of a worse time in this game. Jesus loving christ.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
5 losses in a row so far in the Kilana. It is a cursed tank.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Had a guy in a Forest Spirit spend the entire game ranting about how the game is rigged against him and WG are intentionally sabotaging him. His proof? He had fired nine gold shells at a hull down and angled 705A's turret without penetrating, and then got penned by the 705A's HE shell for 700 damage. He then decided he wasn't going to play this rigged bullshit anymore and drove into the enemy team to suicide.

Guy's WR? 45%. And no it wasn't Claus Kellerman.

E:

https://tomato.gg/stats/EU/GeneralMills-517614205 this guy. 31000 games and he's A) this poo poo and B) this clueless.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Had a guy in a Forest Spirit spend the entire game ranting about how the game is rigged against him and WG are intentionally sabotaging him. His proof? He had fired nine gold shells at a hull down and angled 705A's turret without penetrating, and then got penned by the 705A's HE shell for 700 damage. He then decided he wasn't going to play this rigged bullshit anymore and drove into the enemy team to suicide.

Guy's WR? 45%. And no it wasn't Claus Kellerman.

E:

https://tomato.gg/stats/EU/GeneralMills-517614205 this guy. 31000 games and he's A) this poo poo and B) this clueless.

I mean, I consider it strike one when I see anyone in a Forest Spirit. It's definitely a 'whiny rear end in a top hat' tank based on my encounters with them on EU. I think they expect to be utterly invisible and unstoppable, and anything less causes them to utterly flip their poo poo.

Unrelated but I don't want to double post; I just hit 12 battle pass tokens and have been looking at the Tier 9s on offer. I don't *own* any Tier 9s - I hit Tier 8 a few months ago and now have 6 Tier 8 tanks, but have not tried to push to Tier 9 on any lines yet. I've been trying to avoid getting premium tanks at a tier I've not reached organically - is Tier 9 a big jump from Tier 8?

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 13, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
10 games, 3 wins.

This game is unfucking playable today.

Edit:

Gotta say, not that impressed at all. I regret dumping so many resources into this inconsistent non-armored thing.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 13, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ninjaiguana posted:

Unrelated but I don't want to double post; I just hit 12 battle pass tokens and have been looking at the Tier 9s on offer. I don't *own* any Tier 9s - I hit Tier 8 a few months ago and now have 6 Tier 8 tanks, but have not tried to push to Tier 9 on any lines yet. I've been trying to avoid getting premium tanks at a tier I've not reached organically - is Tier 9 a big jump from Tier 8?

Not really. Historically it's been viewed as the best tier to play at, because the worst you can do is meet +1 tier enemies, while you can face -2 tier enemies. These days it's a bit more complicated, because there's so many T8s playing (mostly busted-rear end premiums) that quite often T8s just play in pure T8 games, whereas T9s see T10s frequently.

But it's not going to be an issue for you to adapt, like it would be if you jumped from T3 to T9.

As far as the tanks go, if they're still offering the AE Phase 1, it's a very good and reliable heavy tank, while the Char Futur 4 is one of the most fun tanks in the game. I also quite like the Russian TD whose name I can't remember right now, but it's an acquired taste. From the more expensive ones, they're largely poop except the Cobra, which is the most fun tank in the game (albeit a bit tricky and expensive to play).

Generally, as always, I'd recommend going to Skill's website (skill4ltu.eu) and checking out his index to get his videos and thoughts on the reward tanks you're considering.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Not really. Historically it's been viewed as the best tier to play at, because the worst you can do is meet +1 tier enemies, while you can face -2 tier enemies. These days it's a bit more complicated, because there's so many T8s playing (mostly busted-rear end premiums) that quite often T8s just play in pure T8 games, whereas T9s see T10s frequently.

But it's not going to be an issue for you to adapt, like it would be if you jumped from T3 to T9.

As far as the tanks go, if they're still offering the AE Phase 1, it's a very good and reliable heavy tank, while the Char Futur 4 is one of the most fun tanks in the game. I also quite like the Russian TD whose name I can't remember right now, but it's an acquired taste. From the more expensive ones, they're largely poop except the Cobra, which is the most fun tank in the game (albeit a bit tricky and expensive to play).

Generally, as always, I'd recommend going to Skill's website (skill4ltu.eu) and checking out his index to get his videos and thoughts on the reward tanks you're considering.

Thanks! I admit I was mulling over the AE Phase 1 and Char Futur 4 specifically, as I know I like heavy tanks with decent alpha and workable turret armour, and my experiences with the T71 DA and the Italian lines also have me enjoying autoloaders and auto reloaders. I know I *don't* like high ROF, low alpha guns (took me way too long to realise that, hello so many British Tier 7s I got frustrated with and dropped) and casement TDs. The AE Phase 1 feels like the 'safer' choice to me so I guess I just need to decide if I want to try for 'safe' or take more of a risk with my pick.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 13, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If you enjoy heavies, you can't really go wrong with the AE Phase 1. It's quite mobile, has a good gun, is really well suited for the game of 2024 thanks to its ability to play hull down really well etc. It's a very solid pick.

The Char Futur 4 is a slightly different autoloader, because it has a pretty long intraclip reload at 4 seconds, but that's necessary to prevent it from being 100% busted. As it is, it's just very good. It's fast, it's small, it's stealthy, the gun is accurate and hits hard. But because it can't just clip a motherfucker out in a few seconds, you mostly have to play it as a second line support sniper.

Honestly, I don't think you'd regret either. Personally when I first bought the Char Futur 4 a few years ago I was a bit shy about getting it because I figured I wouldn't be able to get the most out of it, but after you get used to it, it's very comfortable and a lot of fun to play.

Here are two of Skill's videos on those tanks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdv-ZxMwjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTzx1pv5z_Y

Of course Skill is a very good player, but you'll still be able to get a feel for how the tanks play, as well as his thoughts on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

If you enjoy heavies, you can't really go wrong with the AE Phase 1. It's quite mobile, has a good gun, is really well suited for the game of 2024 thanks to its ability to play hull down really well etc. It's a very solid pick.

The Char Futur 4 is a slightly different autoloader, because it has a pretty long intraclip reload at 4 seconds, but that's necessary to prevent it from being 100% busted. As it is, it's just very good. It's fast, it's small, it's stealthy, the gun is accurate and hits hard. But because it can't just clip a motherfucker out in a few seconds, you mostly have to play it as a second line support sniper.

Honestly, I don't think you'd regret either. Personally when I first bought the Char Futur 4 a few years ago I was a bit shy about getting it because I figured I wouldn't be able to get the most out of it, but after you get used to it, it's very comfortable and a lot of fun to play.

Here are two of Skill's videos on those tanks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdv-ZxMwjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTzx1pv5z_Y

Of course Skill is a very good player, but you'll still be able to get a feel for how the tanks play, as well as his thoughts on them.

Yeah, I just finished watching his most recent AE Phase I video. I kind of prefer to skew away from tanks that want gold spam to work well, so I'm now thinking maybe the Char is the way forward. 4 second intraclip is fine when I've been using Italian TDs with their 7 second intraclip XD