Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: this isn't "the game's difficult for average players", this is "how the gently caress are these people able to function daily without getting run over the second they leave their house".

My favourites will always be the people who lack the brainpower to turn their tank and their turret at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

My favourites will always be the people who lack the brainpower to turn their tank and their turret at the same time.

You see a ton of those in rentals in Onslaught. It's at the point where I feel confident that if I have to 1-v-1 any rental, I can just casually keep driving my tank around them and shoot them in the rear end over and over again.

Sair
May 11, 2007

The FV304 is hilarious to play when you're getting annoyed with the game. Go into the heavy line, park behind a rock, make someone hate you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I should stop playing tanks tonight :hmmyes:

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
I'm enjoying the 'Oakwood' style you can get in the Eagle Token store at the moment. It's the same for all maps, but you can choose between 'Ebony' and 'Ivory' styles.

https://imgur.com/a/biKPlWw

"Da comrade, I build this tank in carpentry shop in gulag. Good, yes?"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The T5 Polish TD is complete rear end. The only thing it has going for it is the alpha (240). But it has a pitifully bad spotting range, poor concealment, a laughably bad gun traverse arc, questionable accuracy, no armour and so few HP you'll literally be two shot.

Just miserable to play.

You know what isn't miserable though?

The Lynx 6x6.

I really can't recommend the French wheeled lights enough. They are completely different from anything else in the game, and while there's a learning curve, it's not unsurpassable by any means, and once you figure them out they're so much god drat fun, and also so loving GOOD. I'm currently rocking a 65,7% WR in my Lynx 6x6 and I'm generally a ~51-52% WR player.

E:

The T6 Polish TD immediately feels a LOT better!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 20, 2024

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Yeah, the Zadymka is *awful*. No armour anywhere and a distinctly uninspiring alpha. I laugh them off when I see them. Higher tiers are nastier though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I enjoy the T8 Polish TD, but the T7 is a really solid tank. I almost regret selling it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I also stopped leveling the Swedish TDs. I just don't enjoy the backline bushwanker gameplay anymore, and that seems to be the only way you can really play them. Might be a missed opportunity since they're ToTT right now, but they're just not fun to play.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I also stopped leveling the Swedish TDs. I just don't enjoy the backline bushwanker gameplay anymore, and that seems to be the only way you can really play them. Might be a missed opportunity since they're ToTT right now, but they're just not fun to play.

Good news! They're actually a secret medium tank disguised as a TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cQu7Toi9vk

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Aww hell. Well, good thing I didn't sell the UDES 03 yet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You can't do that in the UDES though. It is 100% a bushwanker.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
You can def run more advanced positions in the UDES but the armour is nowhere near as good, try playing it like an aggressive light. Don't get me wrong, the best role is still going to be camping the redline and waiting for people to blunder into vision but it's far from a one trick pony.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The armour on the UDES gets overmatched by 75 mm shells. It isn't going to block poo poo.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
When I say 'nowhere near as good' I do mean 'useless' yes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

You can't do that in the UDES though. It is 100% a bushwanker.

Yeah absolutely, but since I didn't sell it yet, I can just keep grinding and see where I get.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah absolutely, but since I didn't sell it yet, I can just keep grinding and see where I get.

The others are so much better it will feel like such a relief once you're through.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

So I need to ask; is there some secret modifier applied to the T25/2? Because I had been bracing myself for this tank all the way up the line, seeing its terrible pen, and its so-so camo, and its tiny hp pool, and its non-existent armour, and its sort-of-fast-but-not-really speed, and I was ready to hate it. But my stats?

I am a 700 WN8 player. I'm posting more than twice my standard WN8 in this thing, and I have no idea how. And yes, small sample size, I know. But even so, I have no idea how this beater is performing for me.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I went ahead and rebought the T32. It was my second ever T8 back in the day after the T20, and I could not make it work at all. Maybe now I'll do better?

Vando posted:

The others are so much better it will feel like such a relief once you're through.

Well, it can't get worse at least because the UDES 03 feels like poop from a butt.

ninjaiguana posted:

So I need to ask; is there some secret modifier applied to the T25/2? Because I had been bracing myself for this tank all the way up the line, seeing its terrible pen, and its so-so camo, and its tiny hp pool, and its non-existent armour, and its sort-of-fast-but-not-really speed, and I was ready to hate it. But my stats?

Nah, you just clicked with the tank. It's awesome when that happens, and well done! I had a great time with both branches of the US tank trees, and they both get incredible from T8 onwards, so if you're enjoying the T7 you're in for a great time!

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Nah, you just clicked with the tank. It's awesome when that happens, and well done! I had a great time with both branches of the US tank trees, and they both get incredible from T8 onwards, so if you're enjoying the T7 you're in for a great time!

I'm wondering if there's something to be said for a tank that doesn't appear to have any real strengths sometimes. Not sure I'm explaining this well, but for example; in some of my heavies I'll make (in hindsight) stupid decisions thinking 'If it goes wrong, maybe my armour/my hp can get me out of this!' Or in a medium 'maybe my speed can get me out of this!' And so on.

But in this thing? I don't feel I've got anything to fall back on, so weirdly I'm getting myself into less stupid scrapes and bad positions, because I think 'Well, I could...nope, this tank sucks, that's a dumb idea, I'll die'. I'm just playing more carefully, and it seems to be working. Now I just need to get my brain to do more of that with other tanks. XD

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It is always better to just not get into stupid situations in the first place.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

McGavin posted:

It is always better to just not get into stupid situations in the first place.

I mean, yes? I didn't think that was in question.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Just got back into this game after a few years, trying not spend a bunch of money on gold with limited success. A few of my friends have started so we actually have a viable clan in the works, I'm sadly the second most experienced so I don't expect greatness.
Enjoying lowering my coinflipper solid win rate as I grope for the new metas. Speaking of which, is there a good currently updated tank guide/wiki? The Wargaming wiki seems out of date.

Sair posted:

The FV304 is hilarious to play when you're getting annoyed with the game. Go into the heavy line, park behind a rock, make someone hate you.

I am sad at how nerfed the range is, but maybe it was broken before

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

KurdtLives posted:

I am sad at how nerfed the range is, but maybe it was broken before

The 304 has always had a 500 m range.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
8 games, 2 wins.

Yeah, I am done for today.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

McGavin posted:

The 304 has always had a 500 m range.

I could of sworn it was little better but I guess it's rose colored glasses.

Also, lol I am glad I am not the only one who noticed Trump's gross neck slit.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I kind of want to buy the 268v5.

Any opinions on it?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I have one, but I haven't played it yet.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Any opinions on it?

How much would you enjoy playing the T30 in constant tier X matchmaking?
Or heck, the E4 with a 360° turret but slightly longer time req'd to aim properly?

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 21, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

How much would you enjoy playing the T30 in constant tier X matchmaking?
Or heck, the E4 with a 360° turret but slightly longer time req'd to aim properly?

Sounds annoying :hmmno:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I mean the E4 isn't bad but it doesn't cost 12,000 bonds or whatever they introduced the v5 for.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I had to fight way too many battles to get above 50% win rate tonight :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Any opinions on it?

I haven't played it either, but Skill makes it sound kinda redundant. It feels like you're paying 15000 bonds for a worse T110E4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6QFokQUjw&t=349s

(timestamped)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well... poo poo.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Just had my first 0-15 in a while, on Siegfried Line. Apparently only 3 of us had authorisation to leave the area of the base, everyone else just stayed right there. Why even bother to load into the game?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ninjaiguana posted:

Just had my first 0-15 in a while, on Siegfried Line. Apparently only 3 of us had authorisation to leave the area of the base, everyone else just stayed right there. Why even bother to load into the game?

It's been a rough morning. I feel like I can't do anything today :smith:.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
To be fair, Siggie is a hypershit map unless you have a hulldown monster tank.
And you must be by yourself in one of the two (2) designated spots per team that you can actually play on, behind those rubble piles.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This kind of day today.

0-6. None of the games were even close. I think the most competitive was 4-15. I had the four kills.

Of course this was always going to happen because my dailies are win 3 games and win 4 games.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You're going to get "Win 5 Games" for the bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

You're going to get "Win 5 Games" for the bonus.

I'm going to stroke out before I get to the bonus at this rate.

E: 0-8, still averaging in the mid 8000s for my WN8.

E: 0-10...

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 21, 2024