Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Yep.
There are some fun replays coming up on wotreplays.com now and then and which are worth checking out.
I typically skip all those boring tier10 medium/heavy/TD does 10k damage and look at the funnier ones, like a KV-2 doing 7.5k damage.
One interesting thing about all those 10k damage games is how so many are really in the end down to luck. In 99% of the cases the players would be dead long before reaching 10k damage, but they manage to have some lucky bounces.
But it is also plenty of skill in getting that damage. Don't think I have seen a player that is not purple or blue, maybe green, that have managed to do these kinds of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Cardiac posted:

Yep.
There are some fun replays coming up on wotreplays.com now and then and which are worth checking out.
I typically skip all those boring tier10 medium/heavy/TD does 10k damage and look at the funnier ones, like a KV-2 doing 7.5k damage.
One interesting thing about all those 10k damage games is how so many are really in the end down to luck. In 99% of the cases the players would be dead long before reaching 10k damage, but they manage to have some lucky bounces.
But it is also plenty of skill in getting that damage. Don't think I have seen a player that is not purple or blue, maybe green, that have managed to do these kinds of damage.

Checks out. Solidly yellow, and my best damage is only a hair over 6k :v:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Eh, so did I get a free FV4202 (P)?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Wafflefucker-replacement. image speaks for itself:

3k base DPM, 4 shots per minute at 750 damage ea. pretty sure rita's giving out HE DPM again with that 3,9k figure (gee).

Prav fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 2, 2016

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Cardiac posted:

Eh, so did I get a free FV4202 (P)?

Yes? If you played a battle in the 4202 when it was a T10 you get it now as a T8. For NA players anyway, everyone else has to grind.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav posted:

3k base DPM, 4 shots per minute at 750 damage ea. pretty sure rita's giving out HE DPM again with that 3,9k figure (gee).
How does it not fall over?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

well, presumably the napkin would already be lying directly on top of the table

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I am bad at arty, because I often ignore XVM. I assess the map, pre-aim at the push lines and wait for someone to stick their face out, or drive in the open.

Typically I focus on heavies, or tanks that I assess are dangerous. XVM is the 3rd thing I will look at, and only if people on the red team are being universally lovely and I've got an overabundance of targets.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZombieLenin posted:

I am bad at arty, because I often ignore XVM. I assess the map, pre-aim at the push lines and wait for someone to stick their face out, or drive in the open.

Typically I focus on heavies, or tanks that I assess are dangerous. XVM is the 3rd thing I will look at, and only if people on the red team are being universally lovely and I've got an overabundance of targets.

What do you think of this

Prav posted:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Prav posted:

This thing does not look like something that could actually physically exist.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

ZombieLenin posted:

This thing does not look like something that could actually physically exist.

Welcome to Nazi tank designs

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Why. Just why.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Yes? If you played a battle in the 4202 when it was a T10 you get it now as a T8. For NA players anyway, everyone else has to grind.

I bought the FV4202, had it in the garage for most part of a year, trained a sixth sense crew for it using a Cromwell, played like 3-4 games in just prior to the CAX was released , so yes I did.
Yay, free premium tank.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Ensign Expendable posted:

No need to be jealous, your russians already overcompensated for these kinds of things long ago.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Exia00 posted:

Do not play tanks.

gently caress WG.

There you go.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Infected posted:

No need to be jealous, your russians already overcompensated for these kinds of things long ago.

that turd has an actual recoil assembly and still broke every time it was fired

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

The stats on it are hilarious: http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/02/02/grille-15-wt-e-100-replacement-stats-pictures/

.26 on a goddamn 150 with 3k dpm.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

i hated playing that entire line but i guess its time to start grinding the wt pz 4 again

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Infected posted:

What tank was this? There is a guy at work laughing about it

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wikipedia says that is the 2B1 Oka 420mm SPG. With a 20-meter-long barrel.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Ensign Expendable posted:

Seriously, I'm pretty sure that barrel would need more support than that vehicle turret appears to offer.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Wikipedia says that is the 2B1 Oka 420mm SPG. With a 20-meter-long barrel.

I smell the next campaign reward tank right here.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

dafuq?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i don't want to run the numbers but i think your team had fewer HP so he cleared the 20% barrier while you got robbed by the Maus

or you had to do the needful and shot a teammate at some point.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

But the first requirement for high caliber is doing the most damage in the battle overall. At least that is what it says in the description in game

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

im pretty sure its because youre in a 113 but idk

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

then i got nothing. maybe the top damage requirement isn't actually checked

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Salean posted:

im pretty sure its because youre in a 113 but idk

The 113 is really good dude.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prav posted:

or you had to do the needful and shot a teammate at some point.

Given the team Donkey had to work with I wouldn't have given him High Caliber if he didn't execute one of his worthless meatshields.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Trip report FV4202(P):
Holy poo poo, everything goes through the turret front.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I can't leFH.

Please teach me how to leFH.

Is this thing just not very much fun until you have a 100% crew and smooth ride/snap shot trained up reasonably?

Also: How does that weird, non-top-down artillery view that I've been seeing in several videos work? Is that a mod?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 2, 2016

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I can't leFH.
Please teach me how to leFH.
Is this thing just not very much fun until you have a 100% crew and smooth ride/snap shot trained up reasonably?
Also: How does that weird, non-top-down artillery view that I've been seeing in several videos work? Is that a mod?

Easy: Click red tanks and keep on clicking them. Your reload is so fast that you can first snap shot and then wait for the reload without major problems.
The mod you are looking for is Battle Assistant, available in Aslains and probably the others.

Here are some old replays of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkdFZdbgIkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fel3aXVlcUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNC_ZDSrGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDhE9_i3HnA

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Don't play the 4202P. It's far worse at t8 than it was at t10. It's at the point where even preferential matchmaking wouldn't make it worthwhile.

Enjoy your free tank and hold on to it in case they ever buff it. Play the Cromwell B instead.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The crewmembers you get for completing the Panzer 58 Mutz missions don't have BIA as a 0th skill. It's a regular 1st skill that you can retrain into anything else. So unless you're short on German crewmen, there's no reason to grind those missions out.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

DonkeyHotay posted:

that turd has an actual recoil assembly and still broke every time it was fired

It's a kind of gun you only need to fire once :clint:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Are the new premiums terrible? They seem terrible.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The M46 KR is good, the FV4202 (P) is bad, and the Mutz is great*. Are there others you want to know about?

* against teams of 5-10 Mutzes but also probably against a normal tank mix

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

i realize that we are about three years past posting screenshots in this thread but, well, here you go

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prav posted:

someone photoshop this lovely aberration into the image of Fonzie jumping the shark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DonkeyHotay posted:

i realize that we are about three years past posting screenshots in this thread but, well, here you go

I really need to get off my rear end and grind through the SU-101/122-54 before you people get the 263 nerfed to poo poo.