Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Thing is the FCM always feels like a giant moving shoot me target to me. Whenever I see one in battle I always shoot it first, whereas the Panther doesn't really stick out like a sore thumb.

Then again I enjoyed the Leo PTA enough to keep it and grind up a second 3 skill crew for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

mikemelbrooks posted:

I used this as my sixth sense warning

rig it so it lasts 15 minutes after you've been spotted

EDIT:

Ensign Expendable posted:

If you've ever played tournaments with Hellsau, you'd know that a more realistic rendition would be "Shoot the IS-! Shoot the IS-3!"

Edit: bought myself an Archer, let's see how this dumb gimmick works out.

Shoot the IS, Shoot the IS, shoot the IS! *everyone dies* You should have been shooting the IS-3, why did you not shoot the IS-3?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Shoot the IS, Shoot the IS, shoot the IS! *everyone dies* You should have been shooting the IS-3, why did you not shoot the IS-3?

It's really not that hard, press W and click on the IS-3 then mash down on the button until it dies.

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
boy i sure did pick a good weekend to grind out the su100

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Winrate swings so wildly when you are under 100 games that it really doesn't matter.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I'm getting a strange bug with tanking, where my prospective camrea will refuse to not work as if my mouse got unplugged or died, but mouse still works and responsive in everything but the player prospective camrea. Never had this happen before as its so odd

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Stevefin posted:

I'm getting a strange bug with tanking, where my prospective camrea will refuse to not work as if my mouse got unplugged or died, but mouse still works and responsive in everything but the player prospective camrea. Never had this happen before as its so odd

That's rare but not unheard of. Reinstall tanks. Seriously, just reinstall tanks and get your mods again.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Hellsau posted:

That's rare but not unheard of. Reinstall tanks. Seriously, just reinstall tanks and get your mods again.

Is there another option than re installing tonks on lovely Australia internet?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

CitizenKain posted:

Last look on FTR it had the 20pdr B-Barrel.

That said prelim stats, giving it the 20pdr B along with its historical armour and the nerfed mobility would pretty much make it indistinguishable from the Caernarvon.

See this is the point where they need the 32pdr to not only have some aspect to it to make it a viable alternative to the 20pdr, but also be available to use on more than just the CGC, AT-15 and Tortoise.

there is even a recorded event of an Archer firing at a Tiger, but missing their first shot. The Tiger retreated behind a building. The Archer's commander received the location of the enemy from a scout airplane, and fired directly through the building, destroying the Tiger through its side.

loving warpack users

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Stevefin posted:

Your other option is hoping it was a mod, and removing all your mods. It may or may not be a mod, and removing the mod may or may not fix the problem.

Good luck!

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Best option is removing tanks and playing something that doesn't slowly kill your will to live.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

WayAbvPar posted:

Best option is removing tanks and playing something that doesn't slowly kill your will to live.

I can agree with this.

edit: Looks like I'll be buying this if it ever goes live. http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/26/straight-outta-supertest-t-54-first-prototype/#more-20771

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I finished the US part of the Token Mission. Next up is the USSR.

How do people like VK 36.01?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

That said prelim stats, giving it the 20pdr B along with its historical armour and the nerfed mobility would pretty much make it indistinguishable from the Caernarvon.

Which seems to be current WG premium plan anyway, with the Panther88 and the STA-2 existing.

RandomPauI posted:

It's acceptable, it's a sluggish medium with a lot of health and the 88 L/56 is good at tier 6. The days of the koinsch rail gun are over though. Its not terrible, but it's not super fun to drive.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 27, 2014

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Archer trip report: it's okay.

The gun is very workable, aims in decently fast, shoots pretty drat well. Penetration has never been an issue (once you get real APCR with the second 17-pdr anyway), the traverse is amazing. The tank spins in place like a top, and though the gun bloom is pretty significant, it settles quickly. The mobility of the vehicle is good, but the backwards driving gimmick is weird. It also forces you to be 100% certain of whether or not you are going to have to shoot something in the next few seconds. Since the tank has next to no armour or hit points (a huge amount of tanks you fight can one or two shot you, and I have yet to bounce a single shot), you have to be extremely careful. Also you can't play corners too well, since the hull will stick out and you will get shot in your paper face. The tank is short, at least, so if you gun it backwards you can avoid being shot more than once in a lot of cases.

Staying back mid-far distances is not always possible, but when you can do it, you squeeze out games like this:

If your pubbies are completely clueless, this tank can't carry worth a drat, since there is no way you can hold anything on your own, and the top speed in any direction is not enough to shift flanks before they go to poo poo.

RandomPauI posted:

Apparently it's awful after being "upgraded" to a heavy.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

CitizenKain posted:

Which seems to be current WG premium plan anyway, with the Panther88 and the STA-2 existing.

STA-2?

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stevefin posted:

try doing the intergrity check 1st

quote:

Step 1
Please right click on your Launcher desktop shortcut and choose properties.

Step 2
In the target field you should see the following or similar

"C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\WOTLauncher.exe"
"C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\WOWpLauncher.exe"

Step 3
Add the integrity switch to the end of this line so that it reads as:

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\WOTLauncher.exe -integrity_default_client
C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\WOWpLauncher.exe -integrity_default_client

Step 4
Click apply, then ok to close the window.

Step 5
Run the launcher with administrative privileges.

To do this, right click on the shortcut again and choose "Run as Administrator"

Or if you really determined to do a clean install

backup your mods folder, and make a backup of the Updates folder.

Un-install client then re-install once it goes to start update via the client launcher, ( the one you launch to start playing the game ).

Quit the client then manually copy the updates back then re-launch the game client it should instead of re-downloading the updates just re-install using the update patche's in that Updates folder.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CitizenKain posted:

:negative:

The only thing to say to that is that the Caern is the heavy, the Centurion is the medium, following the Panther II - Panther88 pattern says 20pdr A

Upcoming Japanese tier 8 premium medium

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Apparently it's awful after being "upgraded" to a heavy.

For some reason I have everything researched in it but the Tiger I. I don't remember ever having it as a heavy so I must have played it back when it was still a medium however long ago that was.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

NTRabbit posted:

Upcoming Japanese tier 8 premium medium

Welp

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Agrajag posted:

People still play Magic? What is this highschool lunch period all over again?

I just spent $100 on several decks of Yu-Gi-Oh cards because my friends are playing it again.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

primelaw posted:

I just spent $100 on several decks of Yu-Gi-Oh cards because my friends are playing it again.

You're dead to me.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

warcrimes posted:

You're dead to me.

Better than $100 on Star Citizen :laugh:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

primelaw posted:

Ok, Magic I can at least begrudgingly accept, but Yu-Gi-Oh? For fucks sake man.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Paging Rossmum to the thread, there's a :siren: new T-54 coming to tanks :siren:

T-54 model 1945 tier 8 premium that supertesters got today, and has already leaked, almost certain it'll have pref mm

quote:

Developed in 1944 by Plant No.183. During its developments, many mechanisms and components of the T-44 tank were used. They were modified and fixed in order for the new vehicle to carry more armor and a better gun. According to one of the sources, first prototype was ready by the end of 1944, other sources however state another date – January 1945. The vehicle was trialed in March-April 1945. It was not mass produced.

Tier 8 Soviet MT
Hitpoints: 1400
Engine: 520 hp
Weight: 35,5 tons
Power-to-weight: 14,65 hp/t
Maximum speed: 44/18 km/h
Hull traverse: 44 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,151/1,822
Turret traverse: 45,9 deg/s
Viewrange: 380
Radio range: 700

Hull armor: 120/90/?
Turret armor: 180/120/?

Elite gun: 100mm D-10T
Damage: 250
Penetration: 175
ROF: 8,022
DPM: 2005,5
Reload: 7,479
Accuracy: 0,345
Aimtime: 2,4s
Depression: -6

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

primelaw posted:

Better than $100 $18 on Star Citizen :laugh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:ussr:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Playing the new British medium line is sapping my will to live. I will unlock the Firefly and say gently caress it.

Trollocalypse
May 22, 2012

"Quit no-scoping, Hitler!!" - Winston Churchill. Probably.
A new Russian med, you say? Premium you say?

Even though I somehow managed to cajole enough players to turn up for that awful grind of a campaign to win me a 907 I'll probably still throw some win-tokens at my screen and get it because Russian meds are about as fun as this game gets (now that my E-50m has Nazi ghosts cursing it every game).

Also, how much rage does the new Brit line cause, enough to make it worth grinding it from tier II?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Trollocalypse posted:

A new Russian med, you say? Premium you say?

Even though I somehow managed to cajole enough players to turn up for that awful grind of a campaign to win me a 907 I'll probably still throw some win-tokens at my screen and get it because Russian meds are about as fun as this game gets (now that my E-50m has Nazi ghosts cursing it every game).

Also, how much rage does the new Brit line cause, enough to make it worth grinding it from tier II?

Good God NO.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
New T-54 sounds interesting. 120mm armour at T8 on a med is pretty serious, though the 44km/h speed might make it an easy mark.

primelaw posted:

Better than $100 on Star Citizen :laugh:

That's not exactly setting the bar very high though.

Burt posted:

Playing the new British medium line is sapping my will to live. I will unlock the Firefly and say gently caress it.

You still play? RIP.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I liked the M3 Lee when I drove it many years ago. I drove the Grant in 4 battles before regretting starting at 4, selling it, free xping the Sherman III and just skipping any attempt at the Valentine to go for the Archer.

The Sherman III is just, you know, a Sherman. You get a couple 6pdr options on top of the Lee gun and the 76mm, but none of them are really worth it.

The Archer is just weird, has a nice gun with good dpm and apparently good camo, but it's got no armour or hp and requires you to drive backwards to get anywhere and then turn around once you do to shoot, it's very awkward. So far the only map I've gotten in it that's worth playing rather than drowning yourself is Sand River. You basically have to play it exactly the same as the Toaster, pure max range max camo ambush/sniper support, because it's less than worthless once spotted, except the Toaster has an extra 30km/h and faces the right way.

Not reached the Firefly and Achilles yet.

Reirrac
Jun 6, 2011
Was playing solo with my AMX 50, did the typical french heavy tactic of staying away from the front and bullying the mediums at the field. Our heavies were wiped out on city and the IS-3 was raging about me being the coward and true to our clan name; a bunch of pansies. After taking out the arty I cleaned up the city, the game was won and I simply typed "Problem?", and here is his msg.

Do I get trolling points for this? :thumbsup:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Researched:Leopard Prototyp A researched.
Undistributed experience spent: 172800 
Free Experience spent: 0 

Researched:T54E1 researched.
Undistributed experience spent: 170000 
Free Experience spent: 0 

:toot:

But what to buy though? I currently have 2.1 million credits, and have unlocked and not yet bought

VII: Bulldog, Crusader SP
VIII: Rhoomba, T-34-2
IX: M53/55, T54E1, Tortoise, Conqueror, Leo A, Su-122-54
X: JpE-100, Maus, Obj. 268, Obj. 261

and I really only have a T69, Indien, 416 and T37 to sell

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 27, 2014

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Reirrac posted:

Do I get trolling points for this? :thumbsup:
One time a teammate began ragging on a Lorraine for being a "typical French coward" and hiding in the back doing nothing. He was actually right about the Lorraine driver being worthless chickenshit deadweight, but reminding him that France is historically one of the most militarily successful nations on the planet and is the main reason America isn't still some backwater British colony drove him into a :911: fury that had to be seen to be believed.

Reirrac
Jun 6, 2011

rossmum posted:

One time a teammate began ragging on a Lorraine for being a "typical French coward" and hiding in the back doing nothing. He was actually right about the Lorraine driver being worthless chickenshit deadweight, but reminding him that France is historically one of the most militarily successful nations on the planet and is the main reason America isn't still some backwater British colony drove him into a :911: fury that had to be seen to be believed.

I'm going to use that line someday... I'll post the results later!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Thanking France for stepping in to save us and for granting our independence is an an amazing troll on Memorial Day / 4th of July.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Figured I'd give the gift tank one battle to see how it is

Dunno what everyone else was complaining about :smugbert:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

one on a bun posted:

boy i sure did pick a good weekend to grind out the su100

You know what the funny thing about that image is?
code:
Your team's total damage: 7597
Enemy team total  damage: 5600
Your team did 2000 damage more than the enemy team did, and that still somehow made your entire team dead with the enemy having 3 tanks left alive. GG MM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

But what to buy though? I currently have 2.1 million credits, and have unlocked and not yet bought

VII: Bulldog, Crusader SP
VIII: Rhoomba, T-34-2
IX: M53/55, T54E1, Tortoise, Conqueror, Leo A, Su-122-54
X: JpE-100, Maus, Obj. 268, Obj. 261

and I really only have a T69, Indien, 416 and T37 to sell

In order:

M41
T54E1
M53

That will give you one of the best tanks with tier eight matchmaking, one of the best tier nines, and a CW viable artillery and also will make Dandy happy. Wait until Tuesday for 30% off US tier sevens to get the M41 on sale. Also keep the T37 for strongholds.

Seriously everyone should get the Chaffee, T37 and M41. All three are very fun and range from strong to overpowered.