Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Goon Team Star Wars of the Roses has been accepted.
http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/112636-Star_Wars_of_the_Roses/

Airborne_Commissar, Captain_Blaargh, myself, and SturmHaubitze will attempt to represent SA as best as possible. Which means coming in within the top 90% of teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Battle Schedule for Star Wars of the Roses is up. We'll be fighting:

"Fabian_Lolo_Estoyanoff_Peñarol" at 4:43
"GOFD" at 4:56
"IGot A Giant Stollen 4 Christmas" at 5:09
"DESTRUCTORES XXX" at 5:22
"king" at 5:35
"Lost in Space" at 5:48

I'll be hanging out in the Tournament Area TS, in Goons Ruin Everything

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry, there's been a last minute change of plans. I'll only be able to make it to the first two battles. Mom wants me to visit her in the hospital. Previously I was on her "don't talk to me unless I want to yell at you first list". I'm going to take this as a good sign that things will start getting better now :-).

On the minus side this means leaving for the hospital at 5 pm. I've reassigned the captain-ship to Airborne_Commisar because he has seniority going by alphabetical order.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Re: The Tournament. Yeah, the format is a bit confusing. I guess we were declined, than accepted because they would have been short of teams otherwise. I had to leave early for reasons, but on the plus side we got at least one point for a technical draw!

The other days for the tournament are the 26th, 27th, and 28th. So Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sign up for them would start today. I'm not sure if there's enough interest to try and field a team though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm about 1/3rd of the way done with the US mission. For the first few days I don't think I focused much on it but now that's my main tank focus. I figure I'll finish the USSR mission after that. Is anyone else trying to see how many missions they can get done before it comes time to buy tokens?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So this is a conversation that happened. I've been playing light tanks in between mediums and heavies. And by play I mean dicking around in light tanks. Apperantly my performance in south coast particularly irked 7XIV because he sent me a message.

quote:

7XIV (12/24/2014 17:12:06) GOOD JOB........NOT
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:12:09) Hi
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:12:15) And thanks?
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:12:28) Howdid I gently caress up and why was it important enough to PM me to let me know I hosed up?
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:15:47) ALright, I've checked a few of the battles I've gotten out of and your name isnt popping up. Have we met before?\
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:16:11) Oh, the e25
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:16:34) I musthave single handedly lost south coast for you to send me this message.
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:17:13) Well, without further constructive advice or information I'm afraid I can't really address any of your concerns. But the fact that you have concerns HAS been noted.
RandomPauI (12/24/2014 17:24:19) I'll be getting a bite to eat and something to drink, in case I don't get back to your reply immediately

7XIV never bothered sending a reply. Does that mean I win?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes, but only after I said I was leaving to get a bite to eat.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll just add your criticism as a footnote to his criticism then.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

KurdtLives posted:

Is the Churchill GC worth bothering with? I am trying to eventually do all [or maybe almost all] the tank lines as a long term goal but that one is a lot of xp for a pointless diversion that seems to be a disliked tank.

It's a painful tank. If you must get it, get it after you already have the top gun, radio, engines, and AT 7 researched. Free XP the tracks, fully kit it out, and then you can relatively painlessly grind through the second gun.

Edit: For those of you that don't know, the CGC and the AT 8 both unlock the same tank. I ultimately decided it would be less painful go through the AT-8 and grind something like 100kxp than it would be to get that last 25kxp in a fully upgraded CGC.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 25, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It seems like the best way to get kills for the Tokens mission is to play tier 6 prefs, and the best way to get damage is to play tier 8+ tanks.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I finished the US part of the Token Mission. Next up is the USSR.

How do people like VK 36.01?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ensign Expendable posted:

Apparently it's awful after being "upgraded" to a heavy.

For some reason I have everything researched in it but the Tiger I. I don't remember ever having it as a heavy so I must have played it back when it was still a medium however long ago that was.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I still want my tier 10 Bradley IFV light scout, sans the tow missiles.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Seventeen days should be more than enough time to finish the German mission right?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bit the bullet and bought the last four tokens I needed to finish the mission. $40 for a WZ-111 with the prospect of getting gold if I finish one more nations grind seems like the best balance between having the money and having a life.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Atomizer posted:

So how does the token thing work, regardless of whether you buy or grind them? I've seen people with the 111 right at the beginning, so I know they didn't grind it, but does it not automatically turn the tokens into the tank once you have them all? Do you have to manually redeem them somehow?

It just does it automatically. And if you have a token and did the mission you get 2,400 gold.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The missions still show up as available to complete.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That sounds like a math problem.

8 east + 5 west = 0 east + 4 west.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
PANSY is the most active goon clan I can think of, and we have trouble getting 8 people together for skirmishes. You'll probably need to be hooked up by a goon into a non-goon clan.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm making so much more progress with the missions just sticking to one tank than I am jumping tank to tank, nation to nation. It's less frustrating too. When I die I can just do something else until the tank unlocks!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd say it's worth $40. Its got a good gun and mobility in exchange for having a lower-front that's made out of ammo crates and gas cans.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Atal Vataman posted:

not correct. the 111 has no frontal gas tank to my knowledge and seems in general to not catch fire. i have catched fire exactly once in the 111, and i've played 90 or so games in it. it is a really loving good tank

My point is, everything below the pike is weak and libel to do serious damage including but not limited to getting racked.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you want to get more precise about it sure, a good shot can penetrate the weakly armored portions below the pike causing a painful ammo rack. My point that getting shot there is good enough to kill your tank still isn't changed any.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else going to give the personal missions a try?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Snakes in a can posted:

i want to move to NA :smithicide: sea is giving me a combination of ebola and cancer.

Its surprising WG have not implemented the option to move servers for :10bux:. but then again WG...

If you ever want to borrow an account to try out a bunch of tanks let me know in the password thread and I can connect you to someone.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had my first battle in the AMX 50 100. I didn't charge to the front, tried to shoot from behind cover, and did more damage than my HP. It was a loss, but it was an adequate, credit gaining loss.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In some great I already had everything unlocked for the AMX 50 100 but the suspension and the next tank down the line.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is poor timing. I'm about tanked out but I'd also only need 56kxp and 3.8 million credits to get the Obj. 140. That'd be, what, $60 thru the store.

Yeah, no, not paying that much for a tier 10. I just need to be matched up with competent teams and...

What's that, our side was so bad that I was the most competent player?

:smith:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is the type 62?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what to mount on my KV-5. I can afford the spall liner and people in the WoT Forums suggest buying it but they can be mistaken.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I doubt I'll ever get better than being a coin-flipper. As much as I like this game I'm just not the sort of person who likes reading about maps, reading and then rereading guides, and memorizing the stats and weakspots on every tank. I'll probably try for the FC4204 mission but it'll undoubtedly be a nightmare of brute forcing my way to whatever the objective is.

On the plus side I'm only 110k away from unlcoking the Cent 7/1. That's only, what, 50 daily doubles?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll play the Achilles for you McGavin. It gives me something to replace the Archer with.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Re: The Achilles, sure the grind isn't going to be pleasant, but I like not having to know where I'm going to park the tank at the start of a battle in the hopes that maybe the enemy goes there.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I just elited the Grille, have about 17kxp to go until I elite the Tiger I, and am enjoying the Achilles so long as I remember to play it as a 2nd line tank. All in all a good Tuesday for tanking.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really really realllllly want to get the 13 57. Do you think this is the only time they'll offer it?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't see any notes about how they buff the Church GC. Do they give it more than a, what was it, 5 degree firing arc?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's a month long mission where if you get 500 kills you get a free Tog. That's a bit over 16 kills a day. Will any goons go for it?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

Can you complete it with tier 5 limited mm tanks?

Yes, it's tier 4 and up.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good or bad news about the 500 kills mission. You need to be in a platoon for the kills to count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

Lol, you're actually grinding the disgusting land boat?

I'm not grinding for it or grinding it.