Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is World of Tanks down for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you have a WoWP account there are missions to get "free gold". The only problem is that one has to finish like a dozen missions before getting to the first free gold mission. And the ones that give the most gold require getting third-grade or higher in several classes of aircraft. Which requires grinding to those classes, and knowing how to get those grades in the first place.

Then again, if you're that desperate for gold for World of Tanks you might want to consider selling blood to a blood bank.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wargaming's response to "it's impossible for the defenders to win in a mandatory WoWP battle mode" was to rebalance it so attackers couldn't win. At least the rounds only last two days on, two days off at a time instead of five days a week!

Of course, they didn't revise the missions to be all doable in those two days. Even a minor fix needs to be broken somehow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't suppose that if they pull the plug that there'll be a conversion to make the game work offline.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A bit heavy handed, but they aren't wrong is the thing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was the same deal as World of Warships where there is the cross-game premium AND game specific premium.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do you think WoT being temporarily down today is related to yesterdays World of Warplanes issue where the game would crash for players at the end of every battle?

Edit: Nevermind, it's down for patch 1.5. Still, weird timing.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 29, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm still waiting for any of the updates to install on any of the games. I didn't realize that there were updates though; I just kept getting red error messages about files not being accessible.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There are different metas?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It worked for me.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They introduced even more ways for pay-to-win, for one.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
And there's a second type of premium account that's only for WOT that offers different perks from the existing premium account for all wargaming's games. The perks from the two types of account stack.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 2, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was mistaken. Any perks that overlap won't stack.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
WoT is leaking into WoWP. A guy was complaining about his team sucking so I said GG in all chat. He PMed me after the battle and I tried to troll back but my heart just isn't in it. All I could do was picture some angry divorcee mall security cop poop-socking his way to try to win a free airplane because this game is the one thing going well in his life.

quote:

Today, 29 September 2019
15:05 Nameme99[RAZGR]: I hope you die of cancer you POS
15:05 Nameme99[RAZGR]: And that all you love gets gets raped slowly and painfully
15:05 RandomPauI[PANSY]: I say this as a member of a clan formed to troll players in World of Tanks. You really need to step up your troll game.
15:06 Nameme99[RAZGR]: You really need to die
15:06 Nameme99[RAZGR]: People like you are a bane
15:06 Nameme99[RAZGR]: and need to die a slow painful death
15:06 RandomPauI[PANSY]: If this is how you react to good game I'd hate to see your reaction to qq
15:06 Nameme99[RAZGR]: If I knew who you were in real life
15:06 Nameme99[RAZGR]: I'd kill you myself
15:07 RandomPauI[PANSY]: Oh god, just, so, pathetic.
15:08 Nameme99[RAZGR]: You have a 50 winrate
15:08 Nameme99[RAZGR]: You're tha tpathetic one
15:08 Nameme99[RAZGR]: Now go die like a good little kid.
15:08 Nameme99[RAZGR]: Pathetic waste of a lfe.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
World of Warplanes seems to be harder to get banned from than World of Tanks. There is a much lesser number of bannable mods, a low player base, and automated talk bans before game bans.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Once upon a time, Wargaming decided that every game would share clans. So a Pansy Clan was automatically created in WoWP and WoWS. It was a dumb idea but on the flip side free clan and free clan logo!

So far I've used my powers as the highest-ranking goon who still plays it to make someone a quartermaster. It's someone who plays a few times a month and who probably doesn't even know that I made them quartermaster.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
M6 Lee-Lee: twice the turrets for twice the fun

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm game, anyone I should join up with specifically?

Edit: My reading comprehension is bad. I blame staying up to catch the meteor shower at the beach.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 22, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
WoT is leaking into WoWP again. Players are complaining about gold ammo, premium aircraft, and are tossing around slurs. That or the average WoWP player base in the mornings are retirees and 13-year-olds. Oh well, I got the daily mission thing done anyways.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finished researching the entire USA tech line. Nearly a decade ago I had a goal of owning every tank, I think I'll settle for owning every US tank. Assuming the game continues to exist by the time I get around to it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, what happens if I already have most of the tanks being removed from game because "gotta catchem all"? Do I get that XP back or?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I knew they needed to do something with the Churchill GC but they didn't need to create a new subcategory of tank for them to hide it in.

Actually, they did. There is no way I can think of to redeem it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm a danger to my own team at tier 8 and up. I'm tempted to ask Hellsau or another ringer to get 12 top 12 finishes for me. Or to start spamming tier 8 lights since those are less painful for teams to lose.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are any of the tier 6+ tanks that are getting removed from the game worth buying?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't even get into battle in the common test. It's minutes of trying to get into a game for every tier spread.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I intentionally suicided in my last two battles, but one had a Tiger pushing me out in front of a heavy because I advocated kicking Hitler in the ball [singular]. And I couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the map in the other.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The president of Belarus stole the election and shut off all the country's internet so now tonks aren't going on sale.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I want the 8th free tank but don't want to grind a few days with WoT just to get it. Is there a shortcut?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/QWnJlLE_5e0

One of the last Jumbo Shermans is getting restored

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy with World of Warplanes, it hasn't much gotten better since 2.0, but it hasn't gotten any worse either.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What if it's limited to one per account?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Cool, sounds like a nice Xmas present

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mods are also being policed so use cheating mods at your own peril.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
World of Warplanes is mostly MAGA free and is still all chat. It's also mostly bots though so trash talk isn't viable.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
On the off chance anyone wants to get their wargame on but is put off of tanks, World of Warplanes still exists AND the only targets are military targets.

WoWP, the "we have wargaming.net at home" of wargaming.net

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wargaming.net is completely getting out of Russia and Belarus. I have no clue what this means for the games in the future.

https://www.stockwatch.com.cy/en/article/emporika-nea/wargaming-announces-decision-leave-russia-and-belarus

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do I have this right? WoT ditched the old festive holiday ops in favor of having people log in twice a day so they can mine resources in order to do missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I skipped the holiday tanking this year, how was it?