Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I can understand why WG would want to remove limited MM, the current model makes some of the tanks that have it feel a bit cheaty. Also why would anyone want to buy a premium with regular MM when you can pick up a fantastic pub stomper like the IS-6 and spend most of your time at the top of the food chain.

Hellsau posted:

+1/-1 matchmaking solves all these problems and makes the game more fun for everyone.

Yeah that's a great idea. But we just can't because reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'll ask this to Southern Dandy. Are you, if at all, getting counter shot more often whilst playing arty since these missions have begun?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Saint Celestine posted:

Or. Or maybe they just made it really really hard so that not every pubbie can get one.

Nah, pretty sure conspiracy theories are the answer here.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Haha yes we get to keep our progress from last time. Straight to carriers then.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Atomizer posted:

The JT88 will be more profitable than pretty much anything from the tech tree, but typically tier 5-6 TT tanks are considered moneymakers for those that don't have premium ones. You generally look for a tank with a good gun and cheap shells. Something like a Hellcat at tier 6 fits those criteria, but not the SU-100, because while the latter is very good the 122 shells are expensive. (122 shells do less than twice the damage of the 90 mm ones but cost more than twice as much.) Look for something that doesn't require you to fire many/any premium shells. Or just shoot HE, it's cheaper, and does more damage too! :eyepop:

I believe the KV-2 is pretty good for this sort of thing.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Making the Bismarck a premium ship would be a good move financially while just having the Tirpitz be the regular tier whatever. You just know all those wehraboos would be more than willing to fork over for a genuine Kriegsmarine Legendtm.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

There really isn't any reason to put any thought into or get mad about the winter mode guys. Just play the mammoth to guarantee the 2500 dmg and train up some American heavy crews quickly. The other 2 tanks aren't really worth it and winning means nothing :/

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Do MBTs have cameras in the rear for when they are backing up or is it old man style blind reversing hope no ones there?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

SoUncool posted:

nope. In fact, the driver enjoys a whopping 45 degree frontal view through narrow periscopes. Drivers take their commands from the tank commander, who backs them up, drives them forward, etc. trusting the commander to not drive them all into a ditch. In fact, the driver is usually the lowest ranking and least experienced person on the vehicle.

From what I've heard he has the best seat in the house though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

unlimited shrimp posted:

Was there a rumor that some of the German TDs are going away in the next patch?

Not in 9.6 but WG plan to replace the WTF100 with something more sensible.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm putting my ladycrew in my T-54 since my other decent soviet medium crews have moved up to their respective tier 10s.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/shermans-birthday/

Well WG is doing a weekend special dedicated to Sherman. This should get some neo-confederate shithead tears rolling.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Managed to save this game today whilst earning my ELC Ace.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1604569#fiery_salient-axetrain-elc_amx

I was very lucky to highroll that KV-1 at the end there though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

9.6 adds the CDC and STA-2 right? Well tier 8 prems just so happen to be on sale until Wednesday. I would imagine they will be postponing 9.6 until at least then.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

reported

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Probably have a dozen Aces in my IS-6, such an easy tank to play.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1618414#swamp-axetrain-is-6

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

saintonan posted:

The Roomba is awesome, it's the endless parade of poo poo tanks you have to grind through to get to it that sucks.

I started at the tier 4 and pretty much liked all of them except the St.Emil and the Flak bus.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Sturer has no way to protect itself. No Armor, no mobility, no camo, and your as big as a house. The gun is pretty good but it still sucks.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Holy poo poo what a bad day, I had to quit before I nuked my stats any further.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

gently caress pubbies.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

That American Sniper/Michael Moore troll someone posted a while ago is great stuff. People just flip their poo poo.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

unlimited shrimp posted:

What changed to bump the T110E5 off the clan tank list?

It's still used some but really CW calls for specialized tanks that adhere to a role more than general purpose tanks.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 20, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ima big dumb dumb who early adopted the CDC, wont be able to play it till after work though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

kv-220 is so stupidly op, I have almost an 80% win rate in it and most of that is solo-pubbing.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't played MTG in many years what sort of kings fortune are Black Lotuses going for these days.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't really looked at the AMX 30 can someone tell me how this is better (or not) than the Leopard 1.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Agrajag posted:

I'd just like to say everything about the AMX CDC is fantastic.

It's really quite nice, alot of fun to use in strongholds as well since its competitive or in some cases flat out better then non-premium tier 8 mediums.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Incase anyone is wondering the SU-100y is a hella fun TD that has some sorta doomsday gold ammo that does 500 dmg per shot at tier 6.

Don't believe my scrub rear end? Well then let Phontoman convince you with this archaic video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACznIvIWLVA

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I can not drag any of these loving teams to victory today. Normally I would just quit but I still have to get 40k more experience for my 1500 gold.

Session statistics:

Wins/Battles: 3 (10) (30.0%)

Efficiency/WN8: 2 909 (100) 3 541 (100)

:shepicide:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

srb posted:

Tell me more.

And from what I understand about the so called veterans in WoT, they seem to believe that because of their (alleged) previous occupation they deserve to be treated better than others in the video game.

Thats what makes them the easiest targets to troll. Some vet was going on about his "service" and told him the standard spiel about being a welfare queen/bullet sponge/school dropout and he asked me if I have ever served and I told him I served his mother last night. He absolutely wentoff in chat for the rest of the game about how horrible this disrespect is and I should walk into a recruiters office to "man" up. I was in the military and I know from experience how very thin skinned alot of them are.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So I got into the WoT Generals beta awhile back but just found out today since all the emails from WG go to my spam folder. It's mildly amusing but this poo poo isn't going to compete with Hearthstone if that's what they're thinking.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/1699557#cliff-axetrain-fcm_50_t

Gotta grind enough credits to get the T57 while its still on sale and switching back and forth between the FCM and the CDC is the best way to do it. Really none of my other T8 prems are getting any love recently. The IS-6 is great and all but it has a really repetitive play style. The French prems are more fast paced and exciting plus they are keeping my recent WN8 in the purple since even ho hum games get good numbers, I have a feeling pubbies are making GBS threads up the expected values for these things.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

my.com? I thought AW was being made by Obsidian.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/1700344#self

:toot: :homebrew:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I thought these dumbfucks are proud to be rednecks? Maybe the Obama clan logo just pushed them over the edge.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't really like the M103 the armor just isn't there when you need it and that huge soft turret might as well be a catchers mitt for arty :(.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Haha the fact that they are making it Japanese feels like a great way to troll out some wehraboo tears.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/1725105#tundra-axetrain-elc_amx

420 spam gold in ELC erryday.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm thinking about getting retarded and turning assault mode back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I have only been around long enough to hear rumors of him being the guy to write early light tank guides, what else about him is bad?