Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

edit: welp literally asked on the same page

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So is it just me or does the Tiger 1 literally get ammoracked every single shot it takes? I think I've gotten ammoracked like 6 times in 3 games. I loving quit

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

JohnGalt posted:

Its been a year. Is the game marginally better?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

I started playing this game 3 years ago, it has barely improved at all

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Had a game where a Jtiger 8.8 and a T34 beat 5 of our tanks. three mediums and two heavies and I couldn't get them to just wait for one of them to fire and rush the fuckers. They weren't hull down or even sidescraping, just sitting around a corner waiting for the dumbfucks to peek around the corner and eat a 400 damage shell. Which would inevitably cause them to recoil in fear, and by the time they got their courage up again, the other guy had reloaded. Repeat until dead.

Who makes a F2P game and base it almost entirely around teamwork? It feels like Hitlers revenge sometimes.

WoT is a little bit like a MOBA, and lovely F2P Dota clones must account for like 50% of all PC gaming revenue. It's not that remarkable

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What are Tanks' player numbers looking like? I'm assuming they're down from whatever they peaked at, but by how much? Are new registrations still happening in significant numbers? What about War Thunder?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I uninstalled today. Again. So once again I'm free, until I decide to reinstall this terrible, terrible game

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

For a thread full of self-professed anime haters y'all sure seem fixated on Girls und Panzer and Kancolle

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Prav posted:

The goon(s) doth protest too much, methinks.

:agreed:

anime is cool and good, nobody should be protesting

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 1, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

How much has this game changed since like 2014 or 15?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Okay, so against better counsel I've decided to start playing this game again a little. What's the best high-ish level medium tank? Should I just try to grind for one of the autoloaders? I've got a Walker Bulldog, a Tiger 1 and a Comet in my garage, and could buy a T-54 which is fully upgraded but only halfway to the next tank, and some other stuff. I finished the IS-7 heavy line but must have sold both that and the T-54 before I stopped playing. On the french autoloader line I'm at the amx 12 t

Also which mod pack should I use? There seem to be different ones

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 9, 2018

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Actually it looks like I ground through the T-54 and got an Object 140, but sold both them. Is the T-44 decent at all and worth grinding through to the 430U?

I remember the T44 being fun in very very early days of this game but I think it got bad after that

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is it me or is the Comet not very good now, with power creep etc? Is it worth going further up the British medium line?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 15, 2018

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is the batchat line worth grinding up? I'm about 20% of the way to the AMX 13 75. I seem to remember the batchat being really good and everything before it being awful

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Lol I just bought 12000 gold yesterday and said it would be the last purchase I made from WG. This game really is a trap isn't it?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Hellsau posted:

pictureofwhalebreaching.png

Hey I hadn't spent any money in this game for like 5 years. Game seems pretty clearly unplayable without premium, or at least grinding through tanks is not worth doing without it

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What's the best heavy tank to play for fun, as in not trying to grind up the line to tier 10? From what I've gathered tier 8 as a whole is bad times with all the premiums and facing tier 10s in matchmaking, so probably would be either tier 7 or 9? I have the full IS-7 line unlocked plus the T10. Noobmeter seems to indicate the Object 705 is the best tier 9 Soviet heavy but the IS-M looks bad, is that worth grinding through? As for Germany and the USA I have finished the T29 and Tiger 1 and have good winrates in both, but the higher tier tanks in those lines look awful per Noobmeter. I've got nothing unlocked on any other nation's heavy tree

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Okay, my 2 weeks of premium I bought have expired and I don't think I'm going to keep playing that much. The T-10 and T-44 are fun but not worth grinding through to the end I don't feel like. I hope Hellsau is proud of me

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 13, 2018

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Atomizer posted:

I just realized the IS-4 was still in the game; haven't seen one in a few years. :monocle:

I got the IS4 unlocked when they split it off from the IS7 line 8 years ago or whatever, never bought or played it at tier 10

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Do we know how many Ukrainian and other Eastern European neo-nazis work for Wargaming? All of their staff?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I have both the Pershing and the Cent 1 unlocked, which line is better?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Hellsau posted:

you know drat well that we're not supposed to mention the scorpion except to dissuade people from buying it

Oh yes that's the good poo poo, this kind of crap will keep me Tanks free.

try this one on for size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osVpouigBz4

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Here's another great example of existential despair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSjV6Lpifo

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What do people think is the best map? As in which one comes closest to some theoretical ‘good game’ in game-mechanical and balance terms buried somewhere deep in the turd that is world of tanks?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Man, this game is producing some bad feels tonight. Just had 2 games in a row in my Chinese IS-2 where I was top tier, took a good position early, and just got instantaneously focus-fired by artillery. Literally getting hit faster by them than by the real tanks in front of me. I ragequit the second game and don't really feel like playing this game much anymore. Hellsau I'm sorry I ever doubted you, this game really is a trap

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Tanks proves that there is a god, and that he wants man to suffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIzLskphBs

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Okay, so after 83 games in my Object 430 I have a 38.55% winrate. How the gently caress are you supposed to play this tank? It's not strong enough to go toe to toe with tier 10s in pushing down corridors, but you're too fat and slow to play support well and anyways this game's playerbase is brain damaged and playing support requires relying on them to push down the corridors and spot stuff

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Barry posted:

We talked about this before, but I think QB is suffering the same problem most successful streamers do. I think he's sick to death of playing WoT but it's his job so he has to soldier on. He does a good job of sanitizing things for youtube but there are definitely chinks in the armor when he's streaming live on Twitch, he can get pretty tilted and salty pretty easily.

Hard to think of a more tragic fate than being stuck streaming a bad game slowly dying like WoT. I like QB, feel bad for him. Hope he doesn’t go homeless as Brexit apocalypse befalls the UK

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is there a reason why the tank stats on noobmeter are different from other websites?

The wz-111 5a has a 54% recent winrate on noobmeter, a 52% on wot-life, and a 51.4% on wotlabs

https://www.noobmeter.com/tankStats/eu

https://en.wot-life.com/eu/serverstats/

https://wotlabs.net/eu/tankStats

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Khablam posted:

They're all sampled from people who have added themselves to the site, there's no WG supplied API call for actual global stats.
You kinda got to take them all with a pinch of salt.

So basically noobmeter’s winrates being consistently higher just means that they’re sampling a better pool of players?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Do frontlines games count towards your regular winrate/stats? Not that I'm still playing this terrible game. Asking ... for a friend

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Do the frontlines ranks reset to 0 after the week is done, IE do you have to do a full set of 30 for a prestige in a single week?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Quickybaby says he expects it will take him 10 hours per week to prestige. That’s a quarter of a full time job

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Kerrow posted:

Came back to this game with some friends after couple of years. Tried continuing up the lines where I left off.. at Comet and T-43 ...

Uhhhh.. the power creep is real.

Atleast i still got my awesome 8.8 Jagdtiger which has like a unpenetrable front hull and wont get run over by multiple wheeled vehicles going 80km/h in most of the games, right? :shepicide:

T43 leads to the 140 which is still fairly good and the 430 and 430U which are break-the-game-over-its-knee level OP

As for the Comet, I was persuaded by this thread and reddit that the Centurion line is not worth grinding down, it's strictly outclassed both by the Patton line and the Italian medium line at minimum

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What is the average base experience per game for say tier 9 and 10 tanks? Like 700 or something?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I mean for theoretical purposes of how many games do you have to play to grind out certain amounts of xp, in a purely abstract sense. I was just thinking of how horrendous the grind for this game is. You need like 1.5 million crew xp to get a 3-skill crew from scratch, which is 1875 games/200 hours if you get 800xp per game

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

It entirely depends on how good at the game you are since 800xp average is good player territory.

It you had a premium account and were using a 100% crew booster, you can get that 3 skill crew in a much much much quicker time. I have a 3 skill Russian Heavy crew in less than 1000 games. Same for the medium crew. WG give out crew boosters so often I've never ran out and never had to buy one.

“only” 100 hours then, with premium time, boosters and possibly a premium tank, as a green or blue player, which is less than 20% of the playerbase

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

At the very least it should be easy to implement only having 1 top tier arty per team. Maybe have it so there can only be 1 tier 10, 2 tier 9, or 3 tier 8 artys per team, and some combination of that

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

This marathon is good because it’s allowed me to get clean of this game finally (again). I don’t want to trigger the premium day reward for stage 4 without being prepared to play for like 6 or 8 hours afterwards, but the longer I wait to trigger it the less my desire to play this game becomes. Another week of this and I’ll be free

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No, the truly amazing thing will be seeing what they do to buff the E-100 and IS-4, which are also getting "looked at."

IS3A autoloader for the IS4, no buff for the E100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I came back and played a single game in a Pershing, was one of like 3 or 4 people covering the north flank on Karlia, a blue Super Conquerer and 268 4 come up, focus fire me with 100% HEAT, and then I got hit by a T92 arty shell. Uninstalled and deleted