Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

DonkeyHotay posted:

trying to keep a >60% while solo-ing is a fun challenge and also it would be interesting to see the stat stratification if everybody had to do it

I'm already shedding points off my WR after about a year and a half of playing without my regular platoonmates. I'm plateauing in everything else though. Of course, missions aren't loving helping, because I'm being forced to play the poo poo out of classes I suck dick at (everything that isn't mediums, but especially lights and arty). I suspect once I'm done with the missions, I might be able to hold steady again.

DonkeyHotay posted:

this is 100% false btw

It depends on your platoonmates, once you reach a certain point the three of you are putting out so much damage that inevitably one of you is losing out a bit. I'm not good enough for that to be a thing though.

Nordick posted:

Today I attacked a Tiger at 1100 HP with my Luchs. First I dumped a couple mags into him while circling him, and then ammo racked him from like ~700 hp. :gizz:

German tanks in general, and the Tiger in particular, are highly allergic to autoloaders or autocannons of any sort and will habitually go boom when shot at by such. Especially when they're being driven by shitlers with no repair kits or slow reflexes.

ROFLburger posted:

:laffo:

got another live one after pasting the PANSY recruitment during countdown

It owns that these are literally the exact same people who skitz the gently caress out at the mere mention of "sharia law" or ISIS. The idiots are cut from the exact same cloth and they're too dense to realise it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

My pubbies folded in two minutes, so I decided to embark on a guerilla campaign fuelled by terror and 152mm HE.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2016995#pearl_river-rossmum-t49

I wish I'd been given another few seconds. That E5 would've been hosed.

e: Good loving lord.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 13, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Do it, man. Some idiot Tiger II figured a Leo PTA was a bigger threat than me, showed me side turret, and I slammed him for 1,001HP for it.

and then the next match i accidentally blew my own poo poo up when a t-54 rammed me and i shot him without thinking

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Driveby a Bat for 500 damage, set it on fire, track the Bat next to it for 150 damage with splash from the same shell, run away cackling as neither can hit you

#justt49things

Our E 50 said he would "tk ban next camper noob light" because I was hanging back a bit under the bridge on Westfield derpsniping a Type 61 our AMX 13 was lighting for me. Turns out I did double the next highest damage and he was down in the bottom 5. Welp.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

bad_day.jpg

That was all from the one shell. I almost felt bad for him Actually I taunted him relentlessly, while grinning from ear to ear.

Today has been a good day for HE.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Bort Bortles posted:

Oh poo poo this reminds me that they added dead-tank cooldown for CW. How exactly does that work?

Terribly. The small pubbie clans lobbied the poo poo out of WG to do it as a way of trying to break the NASA hegemony of Europe, apparently as bad at basic deductive reasoning as they are at clicking tanks. None of the assclowns realised it would immediately cripple them while doing absolutely nothing to the Big Boy Clans and thought we were pulling some kind of devious maskirovka when we told them this obvious fact.

Basically if you're a decent-sized clan with plenty of depth in your top tiers (which every NASA member was), tank locking is a non-issue unless you're being attacked 5-10 times a day and losing a significant number of tanks in each fight (which you almost certainly won't be when fighting defensively). If you're a small clan, have a lot of casual players with only a handful of high tier tanks, or you're trying to land on a clan that can shoot their guns competently, you're likely to not only fail in your efforts to expand, but also implode as your members become horribly demoralised and your force weakens too severely to defend what little you do have.

All the while NASA was growing stronger in Europe with this, CHAI and co. were also establishing their Sand Empire and farming gold down there, too. The only viable land left for the lovely kiddie pool clans was Africa or occasionally Scandinavia (better known as Scandinafrica) when the middling-tier clans up there were beginning to withdraw.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

subhelios posted:

9.9 Patch Notes

Fixed some issues with the playback of replays

I heard Rossmum jizzing his pants from all the way over here.

Last time they said that, they somehow broke them even worse.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Game is loving gorgeous now and runs like a dream. It's amazing how much of a difference they've made. My only issue is that I can't find the option to kill the depth of field without also killing the other postprocessing, and the DoF makes it hard to distinguish silhouettes at a distance and also seems to blur the target outlines. It's a problem for long-range shots.

Also, Mesa: I just ran headlong into a T20 scouting the ruins on Airfield. I oneshot him to within an inch of his life (1,082 damage, and a fire). I then also oneshot the AMX 13 75 that tried to rescue him.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 16, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

:allears:

I've no idea when we incurred the never-ending wrath of 5 IRON BRIGADE, but it must have been at least two years ago. Very likely longer.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Yeah, holy poo poo. I figured we'd pissed them off during the Reconquista (even then, about 2-3 years ago now) or something but if they were SCC cronies then goddamn.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

DonkeyHotay posted:

that would kick rear end

This is basically how knee mortars work in RO2 and they are never not hilarious

Hellsau posted:

Hey Rossmum and I guess Wayabvpar, here's a video of the T-55A, since y'all are never going to finish the double fire mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IN-6J4XSvU

seriously that double fire mission is atrocious.

:|

I'm hung up on LT-15 again. I keep coming close but every time I grab my T49 and go out for a spin, I get the worst possible maps for a clueless LT driver.

Once I do finally get my T-55 I just want to have a video that is nothing but cinematic camera sweeps over it as it drives around majestically, set to Auferstanden Aus Ruinen and fading into a DDR flag backdrop with Erich Honecker shedding a single fat tear at the end. Then a montage of T-55A platoon play set to Unsere Panzerdivision.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

I find the opposite. Sound mods are almost universally unoptimised and cause the game to hang or crash at the most inopportune times. Never noticed any performance impact from XVM.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

I'm gonna have to catch up on like 3 months' worth of posts later but in the mean time, have this

http://wotreplays.com/site/2133757#winter_himmelsdorf-rossmum-pz_kpfw_ii_ausf_j

Bonus:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2133759#ruinberg-rossmum-pz_kpfw_ii_ausf_j

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

I had some more fun in my PREMIUN poo poo.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2141671#winter_himmelsdorf-rossmum-pz_kpfw_ii_ausf_j

http://wotreplays.com/site/2141672#mines-rossmum-pz_kpfw_ii_ausf_j

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Axetrain posted:

Does that tank see tier 5s? Because it looks pretty ludicrous as it is.

It can't even pen most tier 4 heavies. It's pref.

:getin:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Hey, maybe I should dust off WoT again, it's been a whi-

Oh. :negative:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

What's even more disturbing is that he's out-damaging what, 65% (?) of players in that tank with that loving setup.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Hey let's play some WoT I bet this will be fun!

TWO loving CONSECUTIVE GAMES

DESTROY ALL HUMANS

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6NbOHJO_BA

Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad: soon to also have tanks. Daaaamn.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Man I don't even know why the west coast players are so consistently dense but holy gently caress.

"XVM SAYS WE WON GG" says our 47% Löwe, 5 seconds into the countdown. He's promptly called an idiot by me and about half of each team.

Note that only myself, the T34, and the two dark greens (~16-2000 WN8) are actually contributing much to that ~amazing~ XVM win chance.

A few minutes into the game, I decided to see where our hero had positioned himself. I figured he'd be doing something absolutely moronic like pushing 1 line into cloaked tanks or crowding the mediums and T34 in east mid.

I wish I'd been right.

I began wondering if this was some pubbie ploy to get me foaming at the mouth so he could then pull the "LOLUMAD, I PLAY 4 FUN, ITS JUST A GAME CHILL BRO" on me, but nope. Still not moving, still arguing. Surely if he was ~trolling~, he would've said something by now, right?

But you see, it's all good, because we won. Not because I did over 3k damage and one of our 48%ers loving excelled himself to also break 3k, as our T34 also did, mind you. We won because XVM said so, and our brave Löwe was willing to take the heat in order to educate us heathens.

I was expecting a wall of either "LOL U GOT TROLLD M8 HEHEHE MEMES BRUH" or half-legible, purestrain Dunning-Kruger indignance once I got back to the garage.

No. Nothing. I can only surmise that he has the same difficulties working out the chat system as he does working out how his capslock key functions, or his WASD keys, or his left mouse button.

Welp, at least I got one more arty mission done, since the Rampage ones are impossible without a good platoon (good luck) or rigging (also good luck, since the shitter clans are rigging games en masse and will just block you in spawn), and LT-15 is LT-15.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 3, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Oh no Psykmoe you could've been free :(

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

You know what's more fun than pixel tanks? Actual tanks. My parents' neighbour Matt made himself a Youtube channel and has been uploading some videos of his that he's shot over the years.

Here's a Matilda doing its thing around his property (wonderful tank terrain, lots of nice rolling hills).

More here, including the Cent and Bren carriers. Last I heard, he's got the Cent's tracks behaving themselves so they don't skip anymore. I'll have to find out if he's bringing them to the local show next year, the council is usually pretty chill about him running the tanks through town on the road. I missed this and last year's, but he brought the Matilda to the 2013 show and then we all went back to his place and ran the Cent about as well (that's where my video of the inside of the Cent was shot).

Also I've been trying to pick up WoT again but between the frustration of being unable to get missions done and the absolute shitfest that is dealing with pubbies, I keep ragequitting :(

rossmum fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 9, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Psykmoe posted:

Where is my T-44-85, Serb? The Rudy and Cromwell B are evidence that you can model historic guns and just give them other stats (Rudy has the 85mm S-53 but with the stats of a much better 85m, same for Bromwell with 75mm Mk V with 75mm Vickers HV stats).

The T-44-85 was the original Rudy/Bromwell, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg02xJvi9lg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf8u568GMrY

I assumed when they pulled it, they did so because it was too OP and they wanted to avoid another Hellcat. Apparently, no, people actually thought it was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

stephenfry posted:

pls explain joke

e: wait no, high-ish alpha, I can't read. SORRY