Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hey how bad is the T21 grind? bad enough that if I am not that many games into this game that I just back up and do the other line? I'm like 8k from the T21 in the M7

I haven't played in years and it was bad then so idk if it has gotten better or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

drat, I still suck at this game!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

about to drop under 48% which i assume means i have to delete my account

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

are there just plateaus you have to get thru

I felt like I was improving, and now that all the tech trees im going down are in the tier 8-10 range i feel like i'm just as bad as I was

for reference i just hit 2k battles and apparently that's new but like, it's not that mechanically difficult a game

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the kv-4

sucks poo poo

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the patch preview looks pretty good. the map changes they went thru all seemed very good. those italian TDs are going to be nutso but the new lines always are and then get nerfed

happy to report that i am back to 49% wr, on the road to unicum

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

im going to get babby's first tier 10 and it's the t110e3. what a delight the whole line has been to play

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what do the gamers think about the gsor 1008? seems like a tier 8 cobra, assuming you're running full gold

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

trip report: it's great

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i traded my super pershing in for a t54 mod 1. i just didn't care for the soup

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the french tier 7 heavy is much improved. the gun was already quite good, but the extra hp is very pleasant and i have bounced a lot more frontally than I used to.

i will say that gsor heat at close range still pens the vipera :getin:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone play with the buffed T7 French heavy?

it's very good. instead of getting right click left clicked by everything you'd ever face you bounce a lot frontally and the gun is absolutely incredible.

e: the tier 8 is still mostly bad but does have a very good top gun. haven't made it to the t9 and t10 but from what i hear they're contenders for best tech tree heavies at their tier

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

sending the waffle straight to hell with my hwk 30

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

sushibandit posted:

Was actually going for the astron rex but okay, I don't mind a free tier9 only 7 keys deep. Got kpz07 another 25ish in. The HE on that thing is nuts.

You also just straight up get 100 gold for each engineer key you use, so the $50 bundle also nets you 5k gold (~$24), which is cool.

i did the $20 one and not only did not get a vehicle but got the 100k silver one 5 times

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

So I haven't played for over a year, what's changed and what's been added?

lots

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i wish i could get last year's t54 mod 1 skin. the only thing i see in the store is to also buy the tank, which i own

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I cannot make the STA-1 work. I have something awful like 1k dpg

I just don't get it. I understand the gun handling and DPM are very good. but the speed is mediocre, it's a gigantic target which also ruins the camo rating, and it has no armor. i don't understand how to get into position to use that dpm

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i need to break up playing dogshit tanks.

i'm trying to get my tank chores done so i'm cycling between STA-1, p43 ter and type 58. i want to loving die

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

I'm actually having fun compared to everyone else it seems. I'm working on a bunch of German T6 stuff and basically everything at that tier is fun as hell

when i just log in and play some games with tanks i enjoy, i like this game a lot

when i try and set goals for myself, which nearly always includes playing a bad tank or a tank that doesnt fit my style, i hate this game a lot

in conclusion world of tanks is a land of contrasts

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I’m getting the cobra tomorrow and I’m going to put Cobra Commander in it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

trip report: lmao at the cobra commander voice acting

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

How is the Cobra?

i discovered it to be a lot bigger and a lot slower than i imagined. it's not like i hadn't seen them in game, but idk, it was surprising for me when i was driving it

it's also very expensive to run since you want to use a lot of HESH. however, taking t8 mediums from 100 to 0 in 6 seconds fuckin rules

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Lower tiers are oddly a mess right now. Due to the diminishing player base, OP tanks and ease of getting out of lower tiers the MM tends to "do its best" when making matches.

listen, sometimes i'm in a bad mood, and I fire up the ol BT-7 art because no matter how the game goes I'm goign to have a good time. But people that have thousands of games in poo poo like the Pz II J are sick and need help

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

Also also if anyone has tips for stock Standard B that would be appreciated, barely won a single game in that thing.

i highly recommend you make it not stock

seriously the tank just kinda sucks until it's fully unlocked. kinda slow without top engine, bad burst without top gun, and i dont know this to be true but the gun *feels* better with the top turret. just grit your teeth and use the on track bonus missions and the 5x missions from the amazon prime bundle and get it over with

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i don't play my soviet premiums that much. the progetto is the big money maker, and i use the gsor for missions. idk i'm sure they're good but i just have something that works for whatever im doing from another country and the soviet stuff feels so outdated

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i will say i have gotten sent straight to hell by forgetting the LT-432 has armor. that thing is really good

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

when do the mark of excellence things show up on your tank? I'm at 69% (lmao) on the T20 but i dont have the gun mark

also the T20 is a gorgeous tank. i'm very bad at the game but that tank just seems to work the way i ask it to

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah so i'm over the 65% threshold but don't see the mark on the barrel

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

i think it's also at least 100 games played with the tank

the issue is that im a dumbo and that it's not the little bands around the barrel, but a star

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

McGavin posted:

UK tier 8 premiums are universally garbage. Not enough damage to make enemies back off, not enough DPM to burn them down, not enough armour to reliably block shots, not enough speed to escape. :sigh:

The highlight is probably the Gonsalo.

have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, the GSOR 1008?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the type 59 is dog poo poo. unreliable armor (even on the turret), 240 alpha shitter, bad gun, no gun depression or elevation. it's not even that fast compared to any of the actually good premium mediums. it was good 10 years ago when i bought it and now it's just holding my 121B crew until i get the bonds together

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what an improvement to my gameplay experience turning off chat is. i know that goes against the poster's bushido code of these forums but i ain't turnin that poo poo back on ever

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the autoloading kv-1 that i got for well deserved rewards is hilarious. send those tier 5 low tier state padders straight to hell

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol god drat the vipera sucks

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

I had a pretty good game in mine. Lost 1k HP from arty spam, but otherwise hosed poo poo up.

oh well then that settles it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

:hai:

What equipment do you have on yours?

nothing because i sold it

the harry hopkins is an absolute menace. low tier shitter and all that but hoo boy is it good

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

anyone who says the vipera isnt unplayable dogshit is gaslighting you into trying to get you into one so they can farm you

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i hate playing any tier where encountering a leafblower is a possibility

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

sometimes when i'm in a bad mood, i will take out the t5 leopard light and send all those premiums straight to hell. that thing is still so good at equal tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Boy this game is so fun to play.

i find killing the opponents rather than allowing them to kill you results in a greater chance at victory. maybe try that next time