Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
8 games, 2 wins.

Yeah, I am done for today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I kind of want to buy the 268v5.

Any opinions on it?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

How much would you enjoy playing the T30 in constant tier X matchmaking?
Or heck, the E4 with a 360° turret but slightly longer time req'd to aim properly?

Sounds annoying :hmmno:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I had to fight way too many battles to get above 50% win rate tonight :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ninjaiguana posted:

Just had my first 0-15 in a while, on Siegfried Line. Apparently only 3 of us had authorisation to leave the area of the base, everyone else just stayed right there. Why even bother to load into the game?

It's been a rough morning. I feel like I can't do anything today :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Makes ya feel any better, it is not just you :smith::hf::smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been playing A LOT the past few days and I've come to realize something. I enjoy this game when I don't play a lot of it. 5 games seems to be my limit. Anything after that, I start to get angry and toxic.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Same, somewhere between 5 - 10 works for me, unless I am on a winning streak or power-grinding some abhorrent shitbox to get rid of it ASAP. After that I'll throw in the towel after a loss.

Booze-tooning with some pals alleviates the frustration with the constant uphill battle of being teamed with incompetent morons (at least somewhat) , but even so, after 10 battles you absolutely NEED a positive winrate else everyone just gets horribly sour and the enjoyment collapses faster than the average team.

100%. It's one of the main reasons I rarely group with anyone. I like playing with Goons, but I don't like how I get when I play this game for a long time. So to get lovely and sour around people I like is not a great feeling for anyone involved :smith:.

I also feel like I start playing shitter as my mood deteriorates. I start to get more aggressive, make dumb pushes etc.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Unless you are playing the Grille. Then your shot will do whatever the gently caress it wants regardless.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

0.26 accuracy my loving rear end :argh:

I stopped at the T9. I played a shiton of the Grille on the test server and decided "Naw, I am good."

The French t9 and T10 AMX heavy tanks are so loving good. I always keep coming back to them. drat shame the T8 is such dogshit.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Basscop posted:

Thinking of going for the FV304 and the british wheeled mediums.

I stopped at the T7 for the British wheelies. I feel like I made the correct choice.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Anything cool happening in tanks lately or am I good to not reinstall.

Not sure how long it's been but a quick rundown:

British Wheelies: Stop at T7, the rest feel like boats with no real advantage.

Italian TDs: Guns will make you want to rip your hair out, but T8+ are good. Heavy Tanks with a triangle and "auto loaders".

Polish TDs: I stopped at T8, the gimmick doesn't give you much flexibility (closer = more damage). Armor and guns are unreliable, small caliber means you won't overmatch anything.

Japanese heavies: Gimmick sucks just like the tanks.

Chinese rocket heavies: T9 is great, T10 is meh, T8 is like getting needles covered in battery acid stabbed into your hands every 13 seconds.

They added a totally broken T8 Chinese heavy to the game that sucks to fight against on any tier. The people who drive it are almost as soulless are arty players.

I am sure I am missing something but pretty much that.

Edit: Almost forgot, mediums with CSV is becoming meta. It kind of rocks actually.

Double Edit: Japanese TDs 7, 9 and 10 are fantastic and a ton of fun. Especially the T7 which is arguably the best T7 tank in the game.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 23, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

+2 in a Gowika feels like cheating.

Not sure why I sold mine, that tank is awesome.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Conq continues to be one of the best tanks in the game. Holy poo poo I love this thing.

Gonna take this W of a day and gently caress off:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't get this game's players. Today I had a T9 game on Karelia, we had the T9 Polish TD on our team. Being played by a 54% WR player, too, so you'd think he'd know what he was doing. Yet there he was, camping on the redline. And not in a "I'll hang back for a minute or two to see where the match is going" kinda way, but in a "I'm sitting in the last bush on the map until 80% of my team's dead and then start moving".

Why the gently caress would you play a Polish TD if you want to camp on the redline, instead of ... you know, literally ANY other TD line in the game?

:chloe:

I will never get players like that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Unfortunately a large number of players breathe with their arse, and have poo poo for brains.

:hmmyes:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I ended up on the EU3 server today somehow, and holy poo poo this is ... something. The players are insanely aggro in that they want to brawl in every tank, in every match, all the time. Very few people fire gold, it's loving WILD.

Sounds like the old day... :allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Oh, it's gonna be one of those nights.

Edit:

Holy poo poo. This tank is cursed with teams like this:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 4, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
GSOR 1010 is actually a pretty nice medium. The gun on it is really nice :unsmith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's what I've been saying! The turn radius is poo poo, but it's fast, can work a ridge line really well and can pop up where the enemies don't expect it for that big British medium damage. It's really good in Frontlines, too!

I am a sucker for tanks with good guns, and this one is quite snappy and accurate. Doesn't even need a vstab either.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I just cannot win tonight, holy poo poo.

Edit:

Yeah...

Double Edit:

Holy gently caress.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 7, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

Churchill III is a glorious steam blowing tank.

Church III is one of my favorites. Such an amazing tank :allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been on a losing streak recently. It's super annoying :colbert:. It's either my team rushes in and dies in the first 3 minutes, which then turns into me trying to farm as much as I can till I die or our team decimates the enemies with a never ending rush and I struggle to get any damage in.

Not sure if it is the players, the meta or both that suck :smith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been a rough loving week. IDK what else I could do :smith:...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

Just accept it as normal variance and move on. :) I mean that's just 5 coinflips from being above 50%, it's fine.

That's a tough pill to swallow :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So they took the Captured Tiger and just made it shitter?

Neato.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
"It's anime, our stupid loving whales will buy it anyway." - WG

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Nothing but -2 with these loving dipshits makes me so happy.

The past few weeks my win rate went from a solid 60% to whatever the gently caress it is now. I've given up on caring about that and just try to do my best during the games. Feels like the player base is just getting worse somehow. Every game is filled with top tiers that do gently caress all but suicide in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
AE is an amazing tank. If you shoot pure gold out of it you easily can rack up 3k+ games.

I am saving my tokens for the next pass. That American TD looks interesting, so I am curious if it will be worth it. Worse comes to worse I just buy equipment and maybe the Kunze.

Edit: A game I had in the AE a year ago, it shows off the strengths pretty well IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_FtdCVB0oQ

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 14, 2024