Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I probably should have learned this before I hit 20k games, but I didn't so.... If crew xp is based on xp, does that mean a daily 2x is also 2x crew experience? Or is crew xp calculated before the 2x is applied?
It is 2x crew exp. Your dailies also stack with the x2 exp bonus but they're added on top of each other instead of multiplied off of each other so the bonus isn't as big as think it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Well, it's painted black so when we get "Himmelsdorf at night while on fire in winter", it'll be op.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Okay, Wargaming broke mods even more now:

quote:

After the release of the micro-update, the client will change the main folder for game modifications in order to avoid technical problems, making third-party modifications for 9.15.1 temporarily nonfunctional. We strongly recommend refraining from installing mods before they're updated and adapted to the current version of the client.

Surprise patch too so zero time for modders to actually prepare for it.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
What, no tank discounts? Considering there's no On Track events this month, I would have thought they were going to discount tanks.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I tired to stomp on a tank on Westfield mid game but got stuck face first in a weird crevice. However, I somehow came out of that game with no damage received and 3.5k spotting damage since I was stuck in a position where I could see the enemy base. lol

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I had the pubbie from hell today. Top tier heavy, T29 charges into the enemy and does zero damage. Worst yet, he dies in a position that allows the enemy to use his corpse like a shield for the rest of the game. Holy poo poo.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
You can set the gun that's shooting the tank by pressing the "compare" button and choosing a different tank.

Edit: f,b

Zettace fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 14, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

I just started playing again after two years, can someone give me a tl;dr of what changed since, uh, 2014?

e: After playing a game, I can report that WOT players are still whiny babies
-Tanks can flip over
-IS-3, IS-6, and E5 got buffs for some reason.
-A good chunk of maps were removed because they were bad.
-OP Japanese tier 5 and 6 heavies.
-Czech line with OP autoloaders

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, it's basically a Panther II and can be played basically like one. The guns have very similar pen and damage iirc. The Panther II does have a more accurate gun but the FCM gets way better gun depression and accelerates a lot faster which allows it to peek and poke better.

I think the biggest downside of the FCM is that people will see you, know that you're huge and they can easily penetrate you so they switch their target to you for the free exp.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 15, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Why the gently caress does south spawn on Lakeville get a clear shot into the middle of the city from their spawn. If you're a TD on north spawn where are you supposed to go.

Also, the Skorpion is OP as gently caress. I thought WG was done with overpowered premiums. It's not a particularly amazing tank but it's so drat easy to do average in that thing. Even a pubbie who can only get one shot off before he dies loving hits you for 500 damage. What the gently caress.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Attacking the east flank on Pilsen is great if you can win it with 3-4 tanks. Dedicating more than that will really gently caress over your team.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Hellsau posted:

And Wargaming doesn't mind overpowered premiums - they just need to be overpowered only in the hands of good players. Some dipshit pubbie in a FCM or CDC isn't going to do poo poo, and a pubbie in a Skorpion is either going to wait until the very end of the game to fire their gun, at which point it doesn't matter what tank they're in, or they'll rush out, bounce their first shot and then die. The real problem is that since they balance for the average, if enough wehraboos buy the "overpowered" Skorpion and fail their way to 500 games and 800 average damage, if the Skorpion is actually overpowered in the hands of a good player then it'll never get balanced correctly.
The thing with the Skorpion is that's its not really that overpowered in the hands of a good player due to it's relatively low health pool. The issue I have is that it's ridiculously easy to poo poo out at least 1k damage with little effort. That thing allows even the shittest of players to punish you hard if you were just unlucky and made the wrong move at the wrong time due to it's super high pen and accuracy which is backed up by it's ridiculous 500 alpha. You can't even trade that well against it since it has really high alpha and snaps shots targets with ease. Then you add in that it's fast and has a relatively good camo rating and that makes it the most loving bullshit tank to encounter.

Even a loving retard pubbie who charges you and gets off one shot before dying just took out 500 points out of your health pool which is pretty bullshit.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 21, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The problem with the Churchill III and Excelsior is that no one plays "soft" tier 5s anymore. It's all KV-1s or Japanese heavies. Also, the amount of tier 6s seem to greatly outnumber the amount of tier 5s now so you're way more likely to end up in a tier 6 game now.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Is the NA server pop still declining? Been thinking about coming back.
NA pop is fine for high tiers. However trying to grind a new line from 1-5 is hell. Low population of tier 4s and 5s means tougher matchmaking for 6s as well but there are a lot of 6s so you can usually get into same tier games.

Edit: Tier 4 is just unplayable. I recently grinded through the British Lee and the Czech tier 4 and I think 90% of my games were bottom tier ones since no one is playing tiers 3 and 4 and this is during peak weekend hours.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 26, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Hellsau posted:

wait this mother fucker wants to kill the Pz1C

get em
Buff the Pz1C and make it a tier IV or V. Problem solved.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
You probably got like 100xp for that game because it was a loss.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I wish I did better in the FCM. I enjoy it and can get the occasional good game but in most games I die before I can really do anything. I feel like I can't really do much to hold a line in that thing because its so huge and fragile. The FCM is good at taking advantage of a crumbling enemy line and holes in the enemy's position but when the enemy is pushing into you it feels like I can't really do anything.

Honestly, if I could refund the FCM and buy the op Skorpion, I totally would. You get the same fragile and mobile frame but you do a fuckton more damage per shot and have amazing gun handling so you can peak and poke and snipe better. It's also because I'm bad at this game and can't really carry teams so I feel like I would have a bigger impact in games in something that allows me to do more damage so much more easily.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
You are a flanking medium with a ridiculous high rate of fire. Flank a distracted opponent and dpm them until they're dead. Even if you have to face another same tier tank 1 on 1 you can usually use your high dpm to come out ahead but you'll also lose a lot of health.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Isn't it great that that Skorpion got off 2 shots and became 3rd highest in damage.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So Tiger II, the 8.8 with the second turret or the short 10.5 with the first turret? I need tracks to use the second turret and the short 10.5 at the same time so I can only do one or the other right now.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I came about after 1.5 years or so of not playing and the NA server population is noticeably lower than when I last played actively. Also, the lower tiers are dead which makes low tiers an absolute hell which means the NA population will never grow from here.

Yes, tiers 6 -10 are still pretty stable but with a slowly declining population and no growth, Wargaming already has a huge problem on their hands.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

The Locator posted:

Thanks, but I guess my question is... what did they 'try' to implement as far as segregating 'seal clubbers' from newbies? Is there some sort of system that looks at games played in specific tanks, or is it based on winrate or what?
iirc, if you have 1k+ games overall, the mm system tries to segregate you from new players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If you only play on the weekend then it's more economically to buy a one day premium and since it lasts 24hs you can play both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon with that single day of premium.