Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I have absolutely no idea what to do when every one of my (aimed) shots flies super low and pubs just snapshot me straight through my turret face on every shot :(

E: Now I'm just getting 4k damage losses :smith:

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The big thing about the KV-5 is that it was released before gold rounds for silver were a thing and shooting gold really, really makes the tank. 167 pen at tier 8 is appallingly bad. It's not that the tank changed or that the people calling it bad were wrong, it's that some pretty big things changed about the game that really benefited the tank.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Trip report: The CDC is a dream to play :swoon:

The thing basically ignores hills, in terms of acceleration. It's great. And it carries enough ammo that you can readily pack what amounts to a "full load" of AP and also a full load of APCR for tier 10 games.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 24, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Desuwa posted:

It's still a shittier, slower M4 Sherman. I'd waffled between that and the six pounder but the derp really is the better gun just because of how poor the handling on the six pounder is. You are not going to be hitting enough shells with the six pounder to realize the DPM advantage and it's not a viable gun like the 76mm is on the Sherman.

WG is going to bitch and moan for two or three years about how their arty implementation is better than AW's and then quietly and slowly move WoT's arty system in that direction.

Well I can dream. Don't take that from me.

I'm almost positive one of the devs has said something about looking at revamping artillery to be more fun. I think smoke shells and flare shells are A) explainable in a WW2 setting and B) would be super cool and way more interesting than arty currently is. Being able to affect vision-games with artillery sounds awesome.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Throwing a flare in to some fuckwit TD's camping bush, setting them on fire ruining their camo and getting spotting damage for it sounds pretty sweet. Smoke sounds horrific - I already can't play with special effects on because there's just too much loving smoke everywhere making it impossible to see enemy, allied, or my own tanks. Also smoke is kind of terribly implemented in Warships already.

For flares, off the top of my head I'd say split the assist damage between you and the physical spotter, unless the person doing the damage is spotting it themselves and wouldn't be able to do so without your flare, in which case you get full credit.

Edit: So smoke - ruins enemy vision by smoking on them, or gives friendlies camo bonuses by smoking on them? Could be done kind of like a temporary, deployable bush or as a vision ruining PoS. I like the idea of deployable concealment because it's probably more useful and less griefy and I'm not an arty player, but at the same time god I would love to just spray smoke at the like B2 and B9 areas on Prokhorovka and tell campers to eat dicks.

Also smoke could be done as a designator circle with fairly light particle effects because god this game has a billion smokey particle effects like you said

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 24, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Blindeye posted:

So, trip reporting the M7 Priest. I left the T57 behind after 9 games and eliting it because well...I was getting the hang of it.

Then I realized how godawful the reload is on the Priest. 20 seconds is a long time, and I found myself spending enormous amounts of time lining up shots to find the enemy has died, moved across my arc, or behind an obstacle. I can get some good shots in and the gun upgrade gives me superior range so i don't have to move around the map constantly but...arty is challenging. Especially without good crew. I am beholden to scouts, and scouts in low tiers do very little when your reload time is 5+ seconds and one missed shot is 20+ seconds of lost game time overall.

In other news, now that my Tier V tanks are all fully upgraded, the KV-1, T1 Heavy, M4, and the T67 all rock my socks. I love them all to death compared to my Tier IVs. I still have the T28 but it's a far trickier tank to play in my opinion because of the large profile and poo poo armor.

Does arty get better or harder in higher tiers? I feel next to useless half the time and get two or three shots off before the game is 90% over.

Reload times of 40+ seconds is not abnormal in high tier artillery. We have artygoons around who love the stuff and are really good at it, and I really don't get how. (Seriously artygoons is there any way to actually mitigate how awful arty accuracy is? Even running food on a 100% crew with vents, I completely miss like half my shots in the M53/55 to deviations)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
How do I land 7 shots and pen 2 with a roomba as top tier.

RNG is awful, I bounced like dialed in four side shots on KTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm done, a T49 full penned me with derp HE from across the map while I was in my M103. He scraped along my rear engine deck and hit one of the tiny bumps in the deck to full pen me for 1049 damage.

I'm free! Is talking about selling game accounts against the rules here? Ideally I can pawn my account, recoup some of my losses, and be permanently done instead of letting this loving awful game drag me back in yet again.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 25, 2015