Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rockopete posted:

Also don't worry if your reload timer sometimes stops working--well, do worry, but all crosshair mods seem to be having issues with this.

Because WG deliberately broke them

Also, the Archer is incredibly awkward to use, you have to drive it backwards to get anywhere, but it doesn't turn around fast enough when you arrive, it's got no armour, no hp, and a low rate of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

And for gameplay context, the Warcrime is as mobile as the Panther, but only has the 7.5cm L/70 gun rather than the 100, however gets tier 7 pref matchmaking to make up for it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't know what's worse, the top tier IS-6 who sat in the back corner doing loving nothing and then messaged me to say 'look at the stats kid I did more than you :smug:' after he got a grand total of 750 damage in it, or the theoretically green E-100 base camp sniping malinovka and telling people they were idiots for going hill and that he was going to have to carry us, when the tanks that went hill did about 75% of the total damage between them trying to deal with basically the entire team hiding in the forest.

I know what's worse, both times I was in my stock STA-1 and had my only tier 8 game in 5 attempts ruined by one, and got a lovely daily in one of the 4 tier 10 battles I got in the other.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MariusLecter posted:

Stupid servers, right as I was getting a platoon together :argh:

West is still up!

Snakes in a can posted:

If you want a german med trainer, wait for the t55a because we always need more russian meds. Infact t54s for every branch pls wg.

British T-54A as captured in Hungary!
American T-55, as captured by Israel!

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 25, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Magres posted:

The medium is the one getting changed to a Tier 8 premium, right?

Yes, the FV215b is disappearing completely, save for being the basis of the Deathstar.

The 4202 is going to trade in its false armour and L7 for historical armour and probably a 17pdr, 20pdr A-barrel at best

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 26, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CitizenKain posted:

Last look on FTR it had the 20pdr B-Barrel.

That said prelim stats, giving it the 20pdr B along with its historical armour and the nerfed mobility would pretty much make it indistinguishable from the Caernarvon.

See this is the point where they need the 32pdr to not only have some aspect to it to make it a viable alternative to the 20pdr, but also be available to use on more than just the CGC, AT-15 and Tortoise.

Ensign Expendable posted:

there is even a recorded event of an Archer firing at a Tiger, but missing their first shot. The Tiger retreated behind a building. The Archer's commander received the location of the enemy from a scout airplane, and fired directly through the building, destroying the Tiger through its side.

loving warpack users

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CitizenKain posted:

Which seems to be current WG premium plan anyway, with the Panther88 and the STA-2 existing.

:negative:

The only thing to say to that is that the Caern is the heavy, the Centurion is the medium, following the Panther II - Panther88 pattern says 20pdr A

Upcoming Japanese tier 8 premium medium

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Paging Rossmum to the thread, there's a :siren: new T-54 coming to tanks :siren:

T-54 model 1945 tier 8 premium that supertesters got today, and has already leaked, almost certain it'll have pref mm

quote:

Developed in 1944 by Plant No.183. During its developments, many mechanisms and components of the T-44 tank were used. They were modified and fixed in order for the new vehicle to carry more armor and a better gun. According to one of the sources, first prototype was ready by the end of 1944, other sources however state another date – January 1945. The vehicle was trialed in March-April 1945. It was not mass produced.

Tier 8 Soviet MT
Hitpoints: 1400
Engine: 520 hp
Weight: 35,5 tons
Power-to-weight: 14,65 hp/t
Maximum speed: 44/18 km/h
Hull traverse: 44 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,151/1,822
Turret traverse: 45,9 deg/s
Viewrange: 380
Radio range: 700

Hull armor: 120/90/?
Turret armor: 180/120/?

Elite gun: 100mm D-10T
Damage: 250
Penetration: 175
ROF: 8,022
DPM: 2005,5
Reload: 7,479
Accuracy: 0,345
Aimtime: 2,4s
Depression: -6

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I liked the M3 Lee when I drove it many years ago. I drove the Grant in 4 battles before regretting starting at 4, selling it, free xping the Sherman III and just skipping any attempt at the Valentine to go for the Archer.

The Sherman III is just, you know, a Sherman. You get a couple 6pdr options on top of the Lee gun and the 76mm, but none of them are really worth it.

The Archer is just weird, has a nice gun with good dpm and apparently good camo, but it's got no armour or hp and requires you to drive backwards to get anywhere and then turn around once you do to shoot, it's very awkward. So far the only map I've gotten in it that's worth playing rather than drowning yourself is Sand River. You basically have to play it exactly the same as the Toaster, pure max range max camo ambush/sniper support, because it's less than worthless once spotted, except the Toaster has an extra 30km/h and faces the right way.

Not reached the Firefly and Achilles yet.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Researched:Leopard Prototyp A researched.
Undistributed experience spent: 172800 
Free Experience spent: 0 

Researched:T54E1 researched.
Undistributed experience spent: 170000 
Free Experience spent: 0 

:toot:

But what to buy though? I currently have 2.1 million credits, and have unlocked and not yet bought

VII: Bulldog, Crusader SP
VIII: Rhoomba, T-34-2
IX: M53/55, T54E1, Tortoise, Conqueror, Leo A, Su-122-54
X: JpE-100, Maus, Obj. 268, Obj. 261

and I really only have a T69, Indien, 416 and T37 to sell

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 27, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Figured I'd give the gift tank one battle to see how it is

Dunno what everyone else was complaining about :smugbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

Back when the Panther was first moved to T7 I had a triple platoon of them going and we met a pubbie with a Panther and a clue. The four of us melted an oblivious IS-4's rear end before he realised what was going on. :getin:

See also: the time my E8 platoon met a cooperative pubbie E8 on Steppes and proceeded to whizz around the map line abreast, then descend upon a target and circle the gently caress out of it like hungry sharks.

I had this, but with 5 Pershings on Prokh. Everything that went hill side died rapidly.

The thieving Swede stole all the kills of course

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 28, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The British tree really needs a heavy crew trainer premium, so they've given us exactly what we need

quote:

IS-5 (Object 730)

Description:

The development of experimental Soviet heavy tank started in 1949 in the ChKZ design bureau under the leadership of Zh.J.Kotin. In 1950, a trial run of 10 vehicles was built. After a full series of tests and some changes, the vehicle was accepted into service in 1953 under the IS-8 designation.

Tier 8 Soviet HT
Hitpoints: 1550
Engine: 700 hp
Weight: 49,045 tons
Power-to-weight: 14,27 hp/t
Maximum speed: 42/14 km/h
Hull traverse: 26 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,247/2,11
Turret traverse: 25 deg/s
Viewrange: 360
Radio range: 440

Hull armor: 120/120/?
Turret armor: 201/129/?

Gun: D-25T
Damage: 390
Penetration: 175
ROF: 5,129
DPM: 2000,2
Reload: 11,699
Accuracy: 0,441
Aimtime: 3,07s
Depression: -3

:downsgun:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

Seriously though, WG have easy access to the Soviet archives and nearly everything on the tree was built in steel, more so than any other national tree including the next most historical (US, from memory).

They have the same level of access to the extensive archives at Bovington though. Probably even better access, what with the Bovington guys being super chill about everything, whereas Kubinka is on a military base and all the WW2 tanks are still top secret, plus Russia is currently making GBS threads the bed

AlmightyPants posted:

I just got the Sherman III and I haven't played the regular M4 in ages. The stock gun seems to bounce off of everything. I honestly don't remember what to do in this thing - everything feels worse than I remember and I'm confused.

Touch your toes and think warm thoughts until you get the 76mm

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 30, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Prav posted:

Careful - do you really want 27 Centurion variants? quiet rossmum

RAAC Centurion mk 3, IDF Sho't, Saffer Olifant, Centurion AVRE 165, Centurion Teledyne :flashfap:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 30, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, but when it's not about alpha that usually means it's about DPM, and the Lowe has neither.

Or it's about alpha and dpm, which means you're driving an Su-122-44

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

No, he didn't sell his Type 59, he just drove it into the sea instead. :allears:

Also gently caress you guys, I am eagerly looking forwards to playing the Archer when I get home. It's nigh impossible to carry with but it's a) adorable and b) amusing. I love it.

Marius and I have been carrying my Archer and his 3001H a couple times over the last week up to a 65% wr, it's actually possible to ambush multiple tanks when they try to rush the big German brick without looking both ways first :v:

So far anyway

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 2, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

Jesus, the expected damage for the E 100 is only 1,959?

I'm loving worthless at that tank and yet even I can manage more than that. How are pubbies so bad as to only do 3 shots of damage per game in a tank with so much armour and so many hitpoints?

They shoot mostly AP or HE, because shooting HEAT is unaffordable without running one of the high credit generating premiums (T34/Lowe/122-44) on a 1 for 1 basis, probably 3 for 1 given how bad most people are at everything.

I lose about 40-60k credits every E-100 win, which is why I never drive it anymore.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cippalippus posted:

If you can play the E100 properly you can shoot gold all the time and still make a profit, or break even if you bounce or miss a couple of shots.

Provided you never play against anything with spaced armour, don't get any 0 damage crits, and win, I guess?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I forgot to screenshot it, but first game in my Bulldog which only had the engine and radio upgrades ended up with 2k damage and 1377 base xp.

That damage was boosted slightly because first action of the battle was my solo Bulldog running into the solo enemy Bulldog on top of the north hill (Fjords) where with just two shots I catastrophically ammo racked him so hard the turret flew over my hull and landed on the other side, and later on I set on fire a Black Prince who didn't have an extinguisher.

Pretty fast thing though. Not looking forward to that fragile ammo rack but.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

8 heavies travelling east run into 5 heavies travelling west on the Arctic Region south road.

At the end of the exchange 0 heavies are travelling east, and 4 are travelling west.

[edit] Followed by a tier 10 game on fjords where my 50 100 was the only tank true north, and the only tank between them and our artillery, them being the 121, 121, Obj. 140, IS-7, T-54, T69 and LTTB that all blind ran into me in one coordinated blob. Our D25t armed WZ-111 1-4 and afk E3 were unable to stem the flow., the middle tanks far too involved in gangpiling a Lowe to take any shots at their sides on the way through.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 3, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Victory!
Murovanka
Aufklärungspanzer Panther
Experience received:5,840 ( x5) 30,951
Battle achievements Mastery Badge: "II Class"

Repairs: -8 025
Ammunition: -4 650
Total: 18 276 WN8: 6 713 (100)

Sometimes the utter mouthbreathing fuckstains don't give you any choice but to carry, no matter what you're driving. 6 of them still sitting there stalled by a lone Tiger II while 4 tanks roll into the cap area a couple hundred meters behind them. Minimap awareness, an underutilised skill.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sky helper :mil101:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atomizer posted:

How is the GWP nowadays? I unlocked it before the nerf and never played it; is it worth re-buying? Also, what about the tiers 8 & 9; anything to note?

It was horrific post nerf, the aiming reticle at max aim was still 3x the size of a Maus due to the really low firing arc that also made it useless on maps with obstacles, hated playing it.

The new arty sight mod has turned it all around though, it's gone from totally unplayable to pretty useful.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The fastest I've been able to get it to go forwards, even down a slope, is 22km/h

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just had a team on South Coast let an STB-1 drive straight south through the village on South Coast and up into our spawn unopposed, from where he was able to snipe my 416 in the middle rush spot, and then go on to decimate our team as we lost like 15-3.

Had the same guy on my team the very next battle same tanks, he asked me if I was surprised because he seemed to be surprised he got there. He then went on to carry our team to a top gun, the last 3 kills coming with only 250hp left as the rest of us tried very hard to coach the remaining T95 into doing the right things to let the STB-1 carry.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Missing Name posted:

Take a shot for every match you don't die.

Good way to stretch a bottle out

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

I'm going to be extremely pissed if the local bottlo doesn't have this next time I go down there.

(I bet it doesn't. gently caress Australia.)

Even Dan Murphy's doesn't have it, which is unusual, because it usually has nearly everything. Local bottlos don't stock more than Bundy, Jim Beam and XXXX/Tooheys/VB/West End/Swan, avoid if possible.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So, if you're insane enough to be tanking right now (getting in a few before getting ready for work), they've got the x3 crew xp bonus running concurrently with the x2 combat xp bonus. Probably until server restart.

The insufferable cunts are ruining my Archer win rate

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tahirovic has the Hitlerpanther and he likes it. He should post about that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dan Murphy's posted:

Hi NTRabbit, thanks for the suggestion! We've passed your interest in the item on to our Merchandising team. Cheers!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Baron Porkface posted:

Give your referral goodies to ketermuls at gmail please.

The user with this email is already registered. Invite someone else.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Preach it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjKWeKqgSjk

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hellsau posted:

We are all terrible in one way or another.

We play this game

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Southern Dandy posted:

At least you have that sexy accent.

Nothing less for a gentleman of the south

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My STA-1 is suffering the same curse that befell my tier 9 IS-4, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to stop it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atal Vataman posted:

the curse of being impervious to enemy fire?

In my tier 9 IS-4, which you all remember was crazy, I ground it up using the BL-9 and the really soft stock turret and had a 60% win rate. After I unlocked the super turret and S-30, I lost 18 battles in a row, and roughly 22 from 25, at the end of the run I had a win rate of about 32% before I put the tank away for a couple months. Between it and the eventual IS-8 I managed to get the win rate back up to 50%.

My STA-1 with a newly fitted top turret and second gun is suffering from this problem, was 60%, currently 41%

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Khagan posted:

I dont understand, the tier 9 IS-4 when played aggressively was near idiot proof and impossible to dislodge from a defensive position.

There were so many times where I was able to 1v2 and come out on top.

My guess is you weren't able to draw enough fire away from you teammates when you were elited.

Didn't matter how well or not I played, it just refused to win for 18 battles in a row. I dimly recall one battle where we were up 7 or 8 to 4 or 5, then I got one shotted by an S-51 as I was about to kill either a T30 or T34, and the entire team fell apart without killing another thing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Baron Porkface posted:

What does it mean for a tech tree to be forgiving, unforgiving, or "hardest"?

Forgiving tanks are ones that let you live to fight on if you make a mistake - they'll have some or all of 1)Good mobility 2)Strong hull armour 3)Guns with middle to high pen and high damage (high alpha guns terrify people into not charging you while you're reloading in a way that pea shooters never will) 4)Good gun depression 5) Strong turret armour and 6) high hp for tier. Combinations of these things mean that if you accidentally over extend, drive too far around a corner, hit a bump in the road or get into hills, or run into a higher tier opponent, you can survive long enough to realise your mistake and get back into cover, get a few damage causing shots off on the way.

Unforgiving will have some or none of these, and your typical response to making a mistake like for the above tanks will be to explode so rapidly you can't respond, as in unarmoured Japanese tanks, or get caught with your gun pointing uselessly into the sky because you have so little gun depression you can't point down at what is shooting you, as in Chinese tanks and the Soviet A-44/416/430II and 100M1/101/122-54 lines

Hardest is French tanks because they have enough speed to encourage, nay demand that you get anywhere you want to go before most other tanks, no armour to survive when you get there, and autoloading guns that make you lord of destruction for about 15 seconds, after which you are completely helpless for 45 seconds while it reloads. If you make any kind of mistake you get to ponder over it in spectator mode.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The A45, which was the tier 7 heavy on the pre-alpha British tree before they split the Churchill into the I and VII, has finally reached the surface as a tier 7 premium

quote:

Description:

Developed by 1944 by the English Electric company as a part of the new program to create a new infantry support tank to replace the A43 Black Prince. The tank was never accepted in service due to the change in the concept of tank forces, but it served as a basis in the creation of post-war heavy tanks.

Hitpoints: 1500
Engine: 800 hp
Weight: 55,883 tons
Power-to-weight: 14,32 hp/t
Maximum speed: 31/16 km/h
Hull traverse: 28 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,151/1,342/2,014
Turret traverse: 37,5 deg/s
Viewrange: 380
Radio range: 594,4

Hull armor: 76,2/50,8/?
Turret armor: 152,4/88,9/?

Elite gun: 17pdr
Damage: 150
Penetration: 171
ROF: 14,551
DPM: 2182,7
Reload: 4,123
Accuracy: 0,374
Aimtime: 2,21s
Depression: -8

For those not familiar, picture a Caernarvon a gun and a tier down and you'll have the gist of it