Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Cippalippus posted:

Not compatible with the newest versions, sorry. But I'll play a couple of games and if I get a good game, I'll send you a PM. For the moment, don't discard your camo: it's really your biggest asset.

Any replay is actually interesting (well not those where you get fragged right away), because just seeing initial positionings is interesting to me.
Don't have PM though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Thanks for the AMX 13 90 replays, it seems my problem is a mix of horrible teams and me forgetting how to properly light tank (I ended my T71 with 67% win rate, god damnit).
I literally lost my first 10 games with completely horrible teams. That teaches me for playing during Christmas break.

Also, Magres, nice replay but you also got pretty lucky with dodging bullets there. On the other hand, most Ace tankers are the result of a lot of luck mixed with some skills so.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Magres posted:

Anyone know of any good, really in depth guides for turretless TDs? None of this "just find people to shoot" bullshit, I'm talking like specific, detailed strats on a per map basis, because I am incapable of getting good firing lanes.

Since you can divide turretless TDs into at least 5 different categories one guide is not enough.
You have mobile assault guns like SU-122-44, mobile snipers without depression like SU-101, hell cannons like the ISU-152 and low damage DPM machines like the AT-15.
Neither of these should be played in the same way.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

subhelios posted:

On the other hand, is the T69 as good as the test server makes it seem to be? My first game in it was 5-kill, 4000 damage :stare:.
I think I'm going to get it whether it is or not.

Not really.
It is decent while going all gold, but otherwise it was somewhat of a disappointment.
Low pen, low alpha, bad accuracy and only 1k burst damage means you can't ammodump in the same way as in a 50 100.
T54E1 is however great since it is a tier9 tank with the ammo dump capacity of a T57 Heavy which gets to see tier7 tanks.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree. Some people love it, others not so much, but I'm in the "love it" category.
You can't do as much damage as a 50 100, but a 50 100 is a heavy so you shouldn't expect to. But find a 50 100 who has already taken 2 shots from someone else and he's dead.
That goes for everything your tier and above. Think of yourself in the T69 as a closer. Find two heavies brawling, let them trade a few shots, then run in and put four shots into the enemy heavy's side and rear end. (it would be nice if you could count on pubbies to follow you a second or two later and abuse your target while he's desperately trying to turn and aim at you, but no... so you better make sure his health is low enough for you to finish him.)
You usually can't kill tanks with full health so look for ones that are already damaged. You don't have great pen, so you can't take much on frontally and you need to aim. But it's relatively fast and maneuverable. You often need to be willing to take a shot or two to position yourself in a spot where you can empty your clip without any bounces.
I like the T54E1, but the much longer reload can be very annoying. You need to play it a lot more cautiously. I prefer the T69.
disclaimer: I'm not good at tanks and my t69 has a 3.6 skill crew.

Fair enough. I am not going to berate someone for liking a bad tank.

But you also describe why I don't like the T69.
Both the T54E1 and the AMX 50 100 can finish off tanks in one clip, which is something the T69 can't do as well, unless a tank has less than 1k HP left (more likely 750 hp since one shot will miss/bounce).
The T54E1/50 100 also have a secondary role since with their pen you can expect to pen things frontally.
I play both in the same way, initial sniping, then find a isolated tank and ruin his day. Reload and repeat. The long reload is less of a problem since you learn not to be exposed during reloads.
The T69 can't really do that initial sniping as well, and it also cannot kill isolated tanks as well.

Or to put it like this, I didn't keep the T69 but I have kept the AMX 50 100 and it is one tank that I have no problems getting into tier10 with.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Is it viable to do LT-15 (4k spotting/assist dmg) in the M41 Bulldog? :stare:

Starting to think it's too easy for the enemy to spot and kill it.

Considering that I have done 4k spotting damage in a VK4502B, a Bulldog should have minor problems with it. Just hope for Prokhorovka.
Been checking out AMX 13 90 replays, and I can safely say Prokhorovka is the map to go for spotting damage.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Someone playing on the supertest, how bad are the dispersion changes really going to be?

Refried Noodle posted:

That is sexy as hell.

There are some replays of it on wotreplays.com and it looks pretty powerful in tier7 games.
There are also some replays of people with T-55As, which just shows that some people have no life.
I would expect none of these mission tanks to be that common, since only good players will actually manage to get the T28 Concept.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So the combination SU-85B, LefhB2, Luchs, KV-220 and Cromwell actually made the process of going through the individual missions fun.
Especially the SU-85B was ridiculous. Do twice your HP in damage was just a joke.
I would have used my B2 instead of the KV-220, but consistently doing 1k+ damage in that is kinda hard since you run out of tanks to shoot.
For the next SPG mission I apparently need to do 1k damage to a heavy. Time to break out the T92.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

I see, replace torp bobmers with very slow and vulnerable Stukas maybe?
That was ridiculous. Blam you're dead even tho half my stuff missed, 2 minute coffee break, blam next one.

poo poo is not gonna fly a second time. With Tanks they had a unique game and a captive audience that got reeled in before realizing how lame high tiers are.

Well, considering what Stukas did to UK destroyers and shipping in WW2 I wouldn't say that is bad thing.
It is not like Vindicators for instance were particularly fast, especially when loaded down with Torpedos.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

9.6 acc changes got a post in russian.

WG like them big apparently.
The acc nerf doesn't seem so bad really, unless you really rely on snap shots.
I am more pissed about the removal of the VK4502B, since I really don't want a tier9 tank with a top speed of 20km/h.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

So what is the purpose of the Caernarvon? As being a slower Centurion doesn't really seem to be much of a benefit in exchange for mildly better gun handling.

Better frontal armour (ie can bounce 122 guns) and excellent gun handling. The Caernavron is a better Cent1 or rather a Cent7 with stock gun and busted engine.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26UvY3kyKA
The KV-220 might be slightly OP.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hey, Otter guys.
If you play a T-54 you are apparently a statpadder according to your clan mate AggressorV. Who also unfortunately lost all the games we faced him in. He was not mad at all.

Also, got Stalingrad in my IS-8, went west to fight in the city and racked up 3.8k damage, until I got killed by a T71. Thanks to AlleviatedRisk we won easily.
But in the after battle report I had 4.3k damage, where the last 500 HP came from me shooting at different tanks and then blindly hitting a M53/55 for almost all his health.
Never not blind shoot.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

mmkay posted:

Apparently Radiomen at 100% training level will have Sixth Sense automatically. Which will actually make them useful as well, rather than being a permanent meatshield.

Speaking of meat shields and radiomen I got my HT mission, where you should have no critical damage/dead crew members, in my KV-5. :iiam:
There are apparently a lot of people that don't know where to shoot a KV-5 if it hides the radio turret. The removal of the KV-5 from the store have been a boon to all KV-5 owners.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Animal posted:

At high tiers, artillery pretty much dictates the battles, even though its not fun to play as and not fun to be on the receiving end (so why is it there?)

Eh?
Unless we talk about Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient with 2 good teams, arty really does not dictate the battles.
Tier 9-10 mediums on the other hand.....

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Hey you guys remember when the KV-5, KV-220, PzB2, Tertrarch (before there was a mission series to get it), and some lovely tanks (M3 LL and T1E6) were on sale for $60? IF you did not buy that, you made a horrible choice.

That was the best deal ever in this awful game, even better than getting a Type59.
2 completly OP tanks, 2 borderline OP tanks, 2 poo poo tanks. 70% win rate solo in the KV-220 and B2 at the moment, and I am a horrible player.

Edit:
Also, holy loving poo poo that was hilarious.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 16, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So the mission thingies provides some interesting results like bouncing your HP in damage in a IS-8.
Isn't Osad in PZMOE?

Have I told you how much I like my Lefh?

Which later led to someone getting mad.

That game was kinda ridiculous since I nailed 3 light tanks by firing at them without letting the zoom go fully in, which basically led to me seeing the death message while looking somewhere else on the map.

9.6 abusers, how is the arty accuracy post-patch?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Debating on selling my T28 proto and going up the E3 tree. I am not really sure my body is ready for that grind...

Both lines were fun in my experience.
The T30 is great with that doom gun and the T110E4 is pretty fun for pubbing. Don't you already have the T30, cause I have seen you lamenting removing it as US tier10 heavy?
The E3 line was imo funnier than the E4 line, where the Jackson was pretty decent (long time ago though), the T25AT is a hidden gem untouched by nerfs, the T28 is the shitter in the line, I had more fun in the T95 mobbing tier10 heavies than I have had in the E3, mostly due to a better all around armour layout. But I guess the E3 is in more need for CW.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Sounds about as much fun as a rectal prolapse. I cant wait to "carry" pubbies in a tank that moves slower than a dead snail rolling down a molasses mountain.

I still ended up with a win rate of 60% in my T95 and I am a worse player than you with worse clan mates.
My tactic in the T95 was simple, follow the heavy advance and either hold a collapsing flank or push through a dead-lock.
It is basically only Tier10 TDs that can threaten the T95 from the front, so that worked surprisingly well.
I liked the T95 more than I like my E3 mostly due to a better armour layout.
My favourite thing in the T95 was to bully tier10 heavies with the great gun and the armour. But yeah, if you can't deal with slow, stay the gently caress away from the T95.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

It is rare but some players know how to pen the tumors (me being one of them), it's all about timing your peekaboo shots with the T95 and hope you have some teammates to prevent him from being a big bully.

Yeah, that is why you wiggle your T95 while not shooting. Worked reasonably well.
That is my preferred killspot on the T95 as well, and it is double fun doing it on another T95.

Mesadoram posted:

The only real weak spots of the E3 are the LFP and the super loving tiny front vents (which a lot of players don't even know about). The tumor is a red herring. The T95 has the two tumors up top and the LFP if you are feeling lucky. Either way I hate it when I see a T95 or an E3 on the other team. They are real cock blocks rush halters.

Well, the LFP I feel is a problem on the E3. You can't do the same stupid charges (more slowly rumble forwards in the T95 case) in the E3 since the LFP is more exposed. Mind you, I suck in the E3 so far.
As for better armour layout, I meant all around armour. The T95 have better side armour with spaced armour.
Regardless, I enjoyed my time in the T95 once I took it for what it was.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Worst and most hilarious case of tunnel vision in a while, or how do you not see a SU-14-2 creeping up behind you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To08VNgktZE

Standard KV-5 game on North America with a brutal brawl in the middle where the KV-5 show why it is great.
We almost loses it in the end though with 4 tanks vs 2 one-shottable tanks. The really horrible thing starts from 8:30 and watch our KV-13 especially.
If I could punch someone through the monitor I would have done so with that player. 14k battles and still don't know how to handle a TD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEvSarSb7m0

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Got the Obj416, freeXPd the top gun and got Prokhorovka.
4.2k damage and 5 kills on a loss and this is going to be a fun (and expensive) experience.
In the end I was spamming HEAT since my regular ammo ran out and I was down to 5 HEAT shells when I died.
Which equipment on the Obj416?
Normal medium stuff (Vstab, Rammer, Optics) or something else?

DonkeyHotay posted:

i'm convinced that if you can't average a tanks hp per battle you are bad at it and shouldn't play it, i just wish i could convince every pubbie of that

So in other words, more people should play arty since it is easier to do more than your HP of damage?
Does the above also apply to the Maus?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

you are doing it very very wrong if you can't do at least your health in a maus. Most of the poo poo is going to bounce off your hull and turret if you know what you are doing. Most don't though. Arty is the same way. Knowing where to get to get the best angles is 90% of of winning the battle. Being in some awesome safe place noone will ever get to, but also has horrible coverage because of walls and mountains won't get you anywhere.

Ah, what would this thread be without people getting upset by blatant facetious remarks. A whole lot shorter for sure.

As for the Maus, it is slow i.e. hard to get your damage in on steam rolls. That is reflected in the WN8 expected damage which is 1.8k damage.
Without having played the Maus (got the VK4502B) I would assume the Maus have more problems getting consistent high damage compared to other tanks.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

kemikalkadet posted:

Yeah Aslains upload speed is the reason I use it over OMC. He'll have a workable pack up as soon as a patch drops and he'll constantly update it until everything works with the newest patch. I guess it doesn't matter so much if you're in US since they seem to get patches a bit later than EU.

I prefer Asians pack as well, especially since I pretend I play on the EU server and therefore I am allowed to install the turret direction indicator and received damage announcer. Not like I did that before regardless. It is interesting how the more populous server allows more mods than NA.

Also, I have heard rumours about a mod that transforms your retarded team mates to competent players and I am wondering whether anyone in this thread have a link to that mod?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, I installed the automatic autoaim and hello snap shotting fun time.
As someone with relatively bad hand-to-eye coordination I can actually finally autolock those long range snap shots without having to put my cursor on the enemy tank.
Driving and aiming is hard.
I guess it is time to start playing my Pattons a lot more now.

Also, 3 3.5k games in a row in my E3/ISU152 and I need 4k.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

AMX CDC performs in T10 games, I really Really love this thing:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1655806#erlenberg-mesadoram-amx_chasseur_de_chars

drat you. :argh:
I didn't want to buy a new premium, but luckily my birthday is coming up soon (and I got my salary yesterday, so welp).
Saw a bunch of CDCs yesterday, where almost everyone where driven by green or better players.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

I saw a 46% player with a T28 HTC today. :psyduck:
Something similar to monkeys and Shakespeares work,

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

Never mind the turret, there's also the horrible cheeks, paper LFP and humongous commander's cupola. That thing is worse than the pre-buff Tiger. Slower, clumsier, uglier and with only two strips of flat armor to show for it.

Well, the TigerP is pretty much the definition of pubbieproof i.e. good gun and front armour where most don't know where to shoot.
It is going to suffer against good players, but against everyone else (i.e. the majority of the players) it will just stomp them into the ground.
I had too many accidental Steel Walls and Spartans in that tank for it too be an actual bad tank.

Speaking of the Maus line, do we know what the gold pen on the 150 for the Mauschen is going to be?
Regular pen is 225, so it is a different gun from the E-100s 150, which has 232.
A tier9 with close to Maus armour, better turret than the Maus and a 150 with decent gold pen is going to be interesting even if the mobility is going to be horrible.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

new t9: gently caress it, we'll ditch the 4502b by giving you a maus with a 150mm gun!
t10: eh, gently caress you. here, have a 128mm peashooter after enjoying all that alpha.

I mean, why don't they just :catdrugs: and make the maus a t9 with this vundermaus be the new t10.

It would be kinda hilarious if the Mauschen would only be able to shoot AP with 225 pen, HE or HESH.
Imagine 2 of those duking it out.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

The 4502a got an armour buff at the same time the 4502b did, the upper front autobounces anything under 220 and will bounce 250+ with angling. Hell of a lot tougher than it used to be.

Eh, it didn't as far as I know or remember. In all likelihood this is due to people not knowing where to shoot it since it is a rather rare tank.
It still bounces a fair share of shots, especially 175 pen shots, while the mobility makes sure that you never sit still.
A very enjoyable tank as long as one plays it as a fat medium.
The height is pretty great in those occasions when you can shoot over cover while only exposing your turret, like for instance the ruins on the hill on Himmelsdorf.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Have you shot at one lately? The upper front plate bounces more than just the odd 175 pen shell like it used to, it will bounce an L7 shot no trouble at all with a touch of angling, the behaviour definitely changed significantly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason no buff was recorded for it is because it was an accident their legendary QA never picked up.

I killed one yesterday by shooting it in the side and setting it on fire (also achieving my mission).
Like I said, they are kinda rare these days so I don't face them so often, but I can't remember any occasion when I have had problems penning them in tier8-10 tanks.
Also, I typically don't shoot the upper front plate on any tank for obvious reasons.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Valle posted:

Guys. For gently caress's sake. It's NTRabbit claiming that the VK4502A got buffed. Why are any of you taking it seriously?

Who said we are taking it seriously?
Some of us enjoy seeing people digging their own grave with a little help.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

4k+ damage in the 53/55; not the super best game, but not slacking. Top damage across both teams, with High Caliber, still blamed for the loss. loving Christ.

Of course it is your fault, you obviously didn't carry enough.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Chapter 2: IOC

I am honestly not surprised by this, seeing as I am now in IOC.
I joined up simply because there are more IOC players on than goons at the times I actually manage to play (and they can often click red tanks). Also If you want to play tanks, don't get kids.

IOC players have good stats (mostly by statpadding OP tanks), and some are actual good players. Whereas some have supposedly good stats, but when you toon with them, you just want to scream at them.
Like one guy that hates Prokhorovka and therefore he suicides over the middle ridge, while the match is still undecided and he effectively loses us the game with that move. To make it worse, he was playing a T-54 in that game, a tank which is pretty ideal for that map.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Incompetent Ovulating Cunts

No offense Cardiac :cheers:

The acronym stands for Idiots On Computers, something oddly appropriate. Yours is better however.

Apparently the clan was taken over from the original IOC in some form of takeover. AlleviatedRisk knows the story better, and I should have listened better but I was trying to focus on shooting tanks at the time.
As for Hellsaus tale, I think some of the players from YOLO is in IOC now. But who cares.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

What's the most broken tier 6 in the game? I need one for pubstomping platoons.

Well, tier 6 have been heavily rebalanced so there is no clear winner.
For pubstomping 6s with regular MM I guess you can't go wrong with Cromwell, A-43, T-34-85, M6, KV-2 or the SU-100.

Also, I gave in and got the AMX CDC.
First impression:
Tier 8 Cromwell :getin:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

My weekend in tanks:
Stock Chi-Ri. Look who got 1 shot in while platooned with a 50% player and then got killed by a 44% E-25.
Also, for the Chi-Ri, I guess the upgrade path is engine, tracks and then turret + autoloader, since the turret weighs a lot more?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

e: So I heard -G- got wrecked in the civil war, but what else happened that the north side lost it so badly? Did RELIC perform exactly at expectations a.k.a. RELIC be bad?

A goon told me that -G- goes around beating up the weaker clans nowadays which apparently backfired on them when BULBA borrowed the weaker clans accounts.

James Garfield posted:

The stock Chi-Ri is not remarkably bad, and with upgraded engine/tracks and stock turret it isn't slow. I think I did that order and waited to upgrade the turret until I had the autoloader.
disclaimer: I thought the Chi-Ri was fun and if crews hadn't been an issue I'd have kept it and the Chi-To. :japan:

That is sort of what I was thinking as well.
The pen on the second best gun is the same as the top gun, as well as being decent for that tier, which makes it workable.
DPM wise the stock turret Chi-Ri is on the same level as the Comet, it is not horribly slow and it has workable gun depression.
I kinda like the Japanese line and have done above my regular standards so far in the line. Both Ch-Nu and Chi-To were surprisingly great with good pen and rate of fire.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Did he die as a martyr for Obama?

More likely due to a pubbie-induced brain aneurysm if I know Dekatris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

The Chaffee was a tank I always wanted, just as a WWII nerd, and I want to get a Walker Bulldog and am glad to hear it's awesome. But, the T21 is a tier VI, so one step closer to the on-track tank, and has that more powerful 76mm. Having played both for a few matches, they seem to want to play different, and I want to get the feel. Is Chaffee a good active/passive scout? Also, having finished messing about with the M7, I've always heard that should be played as an anti-scout/arty hunter. Is the same true for the T21?

Chaffee is apparently great now (haven't played mine a lot since the change) mainly due to the change in MM, which makes it only see up to tier8 nowadays, but also due to it having great soft stats.
Apparently jacg123 in Relic have 100% 3rd mark of excellence in his.

Hellsau posted:

The T21 is very unexciting (it's a stock gun T20), the T71 is great and just got buffed because lol wargaming, and the T69 is great and extremely expensive.

And then the T54E1 is fantastic. I regret being coerced into free XPing up to the T57 for clan wars. Not enough to rebuy a tier nine because gently caress tier nine matchmaking, but it is a sweet tank.

I still don't understand why they buffed the T71, it was great before and now apparently even better. I am afraid to run mine since I don't want to damage my 66% win rate in it.
The T54E1 ended up pretty boring since most games were basically wait 35 s, clip an enemy tank in 7s, wait 35 s ad nauseaum until my HP or the enemies ran out. You need an absurd amount of damage in a tier10 game to ace that tank.