Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Missing Name posted:

I'm stuck on that loving "heavy go cap and also shoot things lots of times" mission.

HT-7. It sounds like some sort of chemical warfare designation. Nope, it's WG's latest psychological terror campaign.

I got it in my WZ-111 model 1-4 by stealing about three points of cap from some other tanks who were capping while the rest of my team attempted to hunt down a medium. Just drive directly for the cap in a tank that has a high damage per shot and hope for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I think I somehow snuck into the botes alpha, because I can play it, but I don't have access to the alpha forums or anything. If someone in the alpha could PM me if there is a way to get more garage slots I'd appreciate it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

demonR6 posted:

My main beef right now is smoke screen..it seems like the ships who lays it down has an advantage where they can still see me but I am completely blind to see them. They should not have that kind of advantage.. last night I ran into a double DD smoke screen and had no idea where the gently caress they were but they were belching torps and hitting my ship like they were parked in front of me.

Belching torps while invisible is the whole point of the smokescreen, and DDs in general.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Watch me carry a 39% CTW team to victory in my Jagdpanther. Pay special attention to the KV-5 at the end as he fails horribly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

Tiers 5 and 6 are the most profitable if you don't have a tier 8 premium.

FV304 and SU-85 are the best non-premium tanks for making money. They have the highest net income per game as shown here.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

sarmhan posted:

Also Torpedoing a battleship that hit an island is the most satisfying thing.

Torpedoing anything ever is the most satisfying thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

15k wn8 in a T-46. Seal club erryday.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SU-76 with binocs is OP.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

notwithoutmyanus posted:

This is a general statistic, which also basically defines which tanks people can do the best in/easiest.

Other people may have a very, very different set of tanks which are profitable. My gold tanks such as the free excelsior make a lot more money on average for me (see 20k/battle net on average).

Did you even read my post? The link shows average net income for non-premium tanks, which is a way of measuring which tanks are the most profitable to run for the average player.

Of course premium tanks make more money, which is why I specifically stated that those are the best non-premium tanks to play if you want to make money. :hurr:

Also, the Excelsior isn't free. It costs around $10 US.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Of course, but I said come in! said he was a "super scrub" so I figured he wanted to know which tanks were the most profitable for scrubs.

Edit: Earnings per damage could be a useful statistic. I'm going to suggest it to the vBAddict guys.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 9, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

9.6 drops on EU tomorrow. Mods on NA pre-breaking in anticipation.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Huh, the stock engine on the Grant gives more horsepower per tonne than the top one. That's good to know.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

Sit in the swamp on Malinovka, watch 6 people leave the south spawn, drown self.

Make sure it looks like an accident or you can get reported and banned. This is one of the few things Wargaming will actually ban you for.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Alternatively dodging torpedoes like Neo in the Matrix is pretty loving sweet too. If you keep your bow or stern pointed in the direction the planes are coming from it's pretty easy. If they come in from the side you gotta put your ship to 1/4 ahead and turn in the opposite direction from where the torpedoes are coming the moment you see the planes do the little flip that shows they dropped their torps. Also make sure to taunt the carrier when they miss. Learning how to manually drop torps is pretty much a prerequisite for effective carrier play because you can dodge torps all day long if they're dropped automatically.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 12, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Strobe posted:

Hold alt to set up the drop distance manually.

This. If you do it properly the ship you're targeting can't dodge at all.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 12, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Prav posted:

WGNA just keep on racking up those good decisions.

I swear to god WGNA makes the worst business decisions.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

xthetenth posted:

They can still do a bunch to deny good fixes if they're dodging before the planes drop.

That's when you spin your planes around until they gently caress up. 60% of the time it works every time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stevefin posted:

Is...that a wn8 of 1? :stonk:

No, it's a WN8 of 23, putting him in the bottom 1 percentile.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Once again NA gets screwed with a 15% on track discount for tiers 8-10 while EU gets the full 30%. Eat a dick WGNA.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sturer Emil: Top gun or stock gun with gold?

The stock gun has slightly better DPM and handling with only 4mm less pen, while the top gun only has 15 shells.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

I'm running binocs right now. Vents could be useful if nothing more than to speed up that aim time a smidge along with the reload. I'll have to see how things are post view range nerf to decide to keep the binos or not.

It's only getting what, a 10m view range nerf? Binocs should still be useful. Definitely not optics though.

Edit: Pity the Obj. 268, which is getting nerfed down to 370m.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 20, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

One round I took my T95 valley on Lakeville, but only after telling the rest of my team to get their asses to the city and then making sure they actually listened. I killed 5 of 7 enemy tanks in the valley and then got flanked because 14 of my teammates couldn't kill 8 of theirs. I guess the moral of this story is this: gently caress pubs forever.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just got sunk by some dumbass on my own team launching torpedoes with 7 km range at ships 15 km away. Then, after getting salty when I explained exactly why he was an idiot, he rammed into an island and died.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

My tank carousel order has gone from US, UK, German, French, Soviet, Chinese, Japanese to Chinese, French, German, UK, US, Soviet, Japanese

I wish whomever was doing that would just stop and settle on an order.

You can change this in gui_settings.xml in the res_mods/9.6/gui folder.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:Here's a link to my modpack for 9.6!:siren:

Here are the fonts it uses.

It contains:
- XVM with my own brand of lines on the minimap
- White = Maximum spotting/draw distance and traverse indicators
- Red = Artillery and low tier autoloader range
- Green = View range and camera direction
- 2 seconds protection from shooting at corpses
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- 500m zoom out, 16x zoom in
- Meltymap's damage and armour thickness indicator
- Scope shadow removed
- Locastan's damage panel and session stats
- 2 row tank carousel
- My Metal Gear Solid sixth sense mod
- HP bars and Team HP
- Battle assistant
- 15m "Shoot through bushes safely" circle - Toggle with Numpad 0
- Autoaim to tank nearest reticle - Toggle with F10
- Autoequip binocs/net/toolbox

It probably also has some other stuff I've forgotten about, but nothing that can get you banned. Let me know if there are any issues.

Edit: It also has an edited gui_settings.xml file to restore the US>UK>Germany>France>USSR>China>Japan tank order.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 23, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stats for today:
WN8: 3083
Win%: 27.78

gently caress pubs forever. I cannot carry those shitsacks hard enough.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

srb posted:

I already installed all the mods I wanted, but this is the first time I hear about that 15 meter range mod. Which files does it consist of McGavin?

I don't know exactly which files it uses, but you can get it from OMC. All it does is put a 15m circle on the ground around your tank so you can see which bushes are far enough away to shoot through safely without going into sniper mode. It's one of those things that you don't need until you really need it, like when you're the last tank left and trying to remain unspotted.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Zero Gravitas posted:

Picked up this game again for the first time in three/four years - is there a way to make the Archer not suck?

Drive everywhere in reverse. Otherwise, no.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Speaking of running out of ammunition, the top gun on the Sturer Emil prints Fadin's medals like crazy.

So far I haven't run out totally, but it's only a matter of time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I hate the Black Prince so much, but my win rate in it was 65%. :wtc:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I'm not sure what to mount on my KV-5. I can afford the spall liner and people in the WoT Forums suggest buying it but they can be mistaken.

Don't put a spall liner on a KV-5. Vents, rammer, vert stab.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Oh look they increased the on track discount back up to 30% for tiers 8-10. Lowering it to 15% was dumb as poo poo.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

demonR6 posted:

World of Warships: Your Battleship Has Already Sunk

Quit playing battleships you nerd. Join the DDark side.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How to Play Lakeville by The Shittiest Team Ever.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

wow you were really unlucky with your shot placement, so many of them getting eaten by tracks.

Such is the Sturer Emil.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Can you also tell us how much exp we need on the 13-90, or whatever tank the new branch comes from?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Is anyone else having FPS issues since 9.6?

What's happening for me is that every time I start a battle my FPS tanks to <10 and then goes back up to 35-40 after 5 seconds while it was a solid 60 in 9.5. I haven't changed any settings and I have a GTX 770 so it shouldn't be dipping below 60 at all.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nobody plays the Achilles and it's the last tank I need to kill for Master Tanker.

Also my FPS issues magically disappeared, so I guess complaining about it worked because I sure as hell didn't do anything else to fix it. :confused:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

AMX 30 Proto is like 190k from the 1390, and leads to the AMX 30b. Check test server.

The AMX 30 Proto is 197k exp of pure bliss in the 13-90. I seriously love playing my 13-90 because it can't lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Salean posted:

Can someone explain or link how to add if a user is running xvm to the player panel?

This would probably show who the idiots are better than seeing their stats.

Also, I just wasted 300k free exp and 7 million credits getting the 4202 from the Centurion, so add me to the idiot list. :suicide: