Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There should be a mod to automatically get the free gift every time you log in. Why not done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Aside from the Japanese TD, tier 7s are universally poo poo.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tier 7s are in a lovely place because they regularly see tier 9s while being tuned to not be ludicrously OP against tier 5s. Tier 6s aren't as bad because they rarely see tier 8s because there are so many people playing tier 8 that all the tier 8s get sucked into tier 8 only battles or being fodder for tier 10s.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

t29, cs-44, t20, tiger i, comet, amx 45 are all good

:wrong:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I never knew I had dynamic camera on. Holy poo poo turning it off is life changing.

Yeah, it's awful. I've had it off forever.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fig. 1: Why I have a 43% win rate in the Obj. 752.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fig. 2: Why I have a 43% win rate in the Obj. 752.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The long reload on the Char is actually good because it lets you aim each shot so you don't have to waste equipment slots improving your aiming speed. It also teaches you to double-tap and get back into cover, not just mag dump like a moron.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Use vents instead of a rammer on autoloaders, instead of vert stab on low tier tanks that can't use them, and instead of optics when your view range will still be above 445 m.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, but unless you are running a vision setup with a CVS and 500 m view range there isn't much functional difference between 445 m and 475 m. Also, most of the time you're in a lane map with less than 100 m between you and the enemy where vents gives more benefit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Unless you're a light tank or a view range specced medium, view range doesn't really matter past 445 m.

For other tanks, the only time view range really matters is when you're trying to push into defending enemies on an open map. If the enemy is on defense and they're smart, they're probably stuck comfortably in a bush that they'll back out of to fire, so you aren't going to spot them until you get close. If they're dumb and in the open, then you'll spot them at the maximum distance.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Assuming you've got a 5-skill crew, and are running food and the right field mods, the bonus vents constantly adds to your accuracy is more important than the bonus to view range from optics. That is the reason why everyone recommends vents for mediums in their equipment setups on Skill's page.

Also, the game favours defenders so much that you should just assume that you're going to eat that first shot 100% of the time and plan accordingly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Vents, Optics, Rammer.

:colbert:

The worst of both worlds.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

No, you get absolutely raked by MM regardless.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: this isn't "the game's difficult for average players", this is "how the gently caress are these people able to function daily without getting run over the second they leave their house".

My favourites will always be the people who lack the brainpower to turn their tank and their turret at the same time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You can't do that in the UDES though. It is 100% a bushwanker.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The armour on the UDES gets overmatched by 75 mm shells. It isn't going to block poo poo.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It is always better to just not get into stupid situations in the first place.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

KurdtLives posted:

I am sad at how nerfed the range is, but maybe it was broken before

The 304 has always had a 500 m range.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I have one, but I haven't played it yet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You're going to get "Win 5 Games" for the bonus.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I really wish the game would display actual aim time instead of this weird "Time for the aiming circle diameter to decrease by 60%" horseshit. It takes quite a bit more time to fully aim, so I had to go look up the (ridiculously complicated) aim time equation and plug it into Excel to figure out how field mods and equipment affect aim time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

After firing to fully aimed while stationary would be ideal.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

+2 in a Gowika feels like cheating.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Basscop posted:

very much feels like some tanks are just cursed pieces of poo poo.
like the FCM 50t. Every game the team does something to give you basically no spot to be effective, and everwhere you go to get a flank there's a fat TD pre-aiming your spot, the RNG throws shells in the dirt and getting a satisfying game out of it seems impossible.

That's every tank.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I don't want to know how many games I've lost because a full HP teammate refused to take a hit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I've never played Onslaught, can you do a team platoon in it or are all the teams random?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Welp, at least you're only getting screwed by MM and not tryhard platoons, which would absolutely suck in a 7v7 format.