Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
I just read through the OP and noticed that you need a tier 8 artillery for CW, even though I guess you have just been copypasting the same thing each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Control Volume posted:

Also someone posted recommended modpacks in the last thread that weren't McGavin's (sorry mcgavin but im not a huge fan of yours!!) but I can't find them so I'd think real highly of anyone who relinked them!

OMC modpack is the big one right now and some people use Aslain's

EDIT: while I'm here check it out! if you love anime tanks and got back into WoT because of GuP like me now you too can experience an anime tank in RL.

some assembly required

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 24, 2014

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Ensign Expendable posted:

Haha holy poo poo, Dragon found a new and exciting way to sell the same old Tiger kit again. They're really a company that knows their audience. The German section of the catalog is later than the armour sections for all other nations combined.

model manufacter seems to be platz, but honestly I don't see how you can have too much difference, probably added a couple of *kawaii decals* and called it a new thing.

EDIT: realize you are probably saying that dragon makes the basic tiger kit and then platz sticks in the new decals

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 24, 2014

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Ensign Expendable posted:

If you've ever played tournaments with Hellsau, you'd know that a more realistic rendition would be "Shoot the IS-! Shoot the IS-3!"

Edit: bought myself an Archer, let's see how this dumb gimmick works out.

Or "why the gently caress did you fire HE you literally lost us the game."

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Nektu posted:

Fact check needed: does sith sense go off very 9 seconds if you never re-cloak after being spotted once? Pubbies were talking....

Also: engine or 3rd gun for the indienpanzer? Does the engine make a notable difference?

if you skipped the 2nd gun you can mount the 3rd gun without the tracks.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Riller posted:

Former StuG LyfE member here looking to get back into the game. I've got a few tier 10s: IS-7, IS-4, T92, T110E5. I'd love to be doing clan wars because I enjoy getting free gold, and it would be fun to play with some of the old crew, whichever clan they're in now. Anyone interested please shoot Riller a clan invite. TIA

interested in applying for PLSGO? we do clan wars and aren't total poo poo, but the culture is a little off putting most clan members are /vg/ tards.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

saintonan posted:

I've been watching Sela's streams a lot this week and it just looks like his aiming is a lot smoother than mine - he drops into sniper, points his mouse where he wants the shot to go, and boom. For me, I go into sniper and the reticle bounces all over the place. It takes me a second just to get it stable and even small mouse movements jerk the reticle around. Maybe my mouse sensitivity is too high, who knows. What you say about not being so picky about targeting is probably true, though, I should just let it fly especially if I'm >100m away from my victim.

Using dynamic crosshairs stabilizes your gunsight so if you hit a bump it doesn't rock up and down. Otherwise I find using a lower senstivity makes you more accurate to drag more mouse to move the crosshair for finetuning.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

MoraleHazard posted:

Does "Accelerate Crew Training" also work with perks once the crew hits 100%?

yes, who ever has the least exp in the crew towards the next skill gets it doubled.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

sarmhan posted:

Is there a secret to get the weekend client to update? It tells me my version is out of date.

Beta weekend clients should only work on the beta weekends, not all weekends. Wait until they call out for another round of testing.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

kinkouin posted:

If it's one of the available names I'm the drop down, you can change it to whatever you want. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Isn't there a way to rename your crew men manually?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/96589-modifying-crew-name/

Talks about renaming it without paying gold.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Valle posted:

On the crew info there's a tab for it. But you select names from a list, can't type in whatever you want.

Uh, the post I linked talks about opening up game files and renaming it since what you see is only client side. How else do people have anime girl names for their tankers?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Plugging the tournament again to keep you all reminded

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121496-RL_Valkyries/

This team can fit one more player and I'm going to submit it in about 2 hours time. Join if you have any heavy tank tier VIII or below. Match times are 7:00 PST/10:00 EST, all next week.

I will remind you that this is on Mittengard, a stupidly nutty map, and it's basically free gold.

If your okay with me maybe not showing up monday and wednesday I'm in.

EDIT: Signed up which TS, the goon one?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

YF19pilot posted:

Ah, so things like Spershing, M34, etc? I might spring for that once I have cash to get gold. I also have a SU-122-44. Is that still good?

T34 isn't pref but its pretty good, su-122-44 has even more dpm than the IS6 and can see tier 5's.

Personally I liked the Spershing, (but I'm a minority) and now that I just got the IS-6 I like it a lot.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Animal posted:

Trip report with the Ru251: almost Ace Tanker on the very first match with the crew at 90%. Everyone focuses on the American light line but this tank is a Very Good Tank, and might be the best light tank in the game depending on how you feel about the 13 90.

I would if I could.... the little leo is killing me here it feels like a luch up tiered.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

How do you get more gold in boats? Only having 2 slots is bullshit.

edit: In tanks, they just gave you free gold until beta ended. I don't know how they did warplanes since it sucked so bad I never played it.

Gold was first given out depending on what percentile of games played you had, now I think they give out a set amount for a set number of games each week?

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 23, 2015

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/23/23-2-2015/

Premium tank talk

Our favorite Czech nationalist posted:

- it’s possible that the frontal hull armor of the Super Pershing is currently incorrect and will be changed (buffed, better angle) when the model is reworked to HD (possibly in 9.7)

- E-25 will not have its size changed

Yes... Yes... finally my super pershing will be worth something now

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Mesadoram posted:

:allears:

I love it when baddies buy tanks and think because it's the new hot thing. Like playing THAT particular tank is their key to become a great player.

Did you shoot HE at him or regular shots? I have a feeling on tanks with lower caliber the HE will not be that much more effective. An STB-2 shot me with HE dealing only 140 damage, I had ~215 hp.

T-34-85 HE has ridiculous damage (280) it might still work.

Tank inspector says.... 30 mm armor against a 43 mm pen HE shell might do the trick.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Infected posted:

- Super Pershing armor got apparently nerfed AGAIN based on the first look, but this is unclear yet

Yup, loving knew it.

Goddamn bullshit.....

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
How much free exp should I spend to get out of the M12 or conversely is the M40/43 a lot better than the M12? Oddly enough I kinda like my french arty because its a go fast arty, so I don't mind grinding it.

EDIT: I made a video showing off some of the mods available in OMC modpack, to give people an idea of how they work in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrjHt7KXx_Q

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 1, 2015

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
What were the circumstances that got you the credit equivalent of the tank if you already had it? bonus codes only or does it apply to these reward tanks?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

BadLlama posted:

Aren't there supposed to be sweet support ships that poo poo on air in that game or did they decide to say gently caress it to that idea?

crusisers are the sweet support ships but lack of player base forces smaller matches of say 5v5 where you get 1 bb 1 CA 1 CV and 2 dds or even drop the CA since bb's and CV's are more popular.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

wow you were really unlucky with your shot placement, so many of them getting eaten by tracks. Still amazes me people that go valley always peek and poke 3 or less tanks and never go all in. Like aggressive when they don't need to be or too cowardly when they need to be aggressive, extremely frustrating in light tanks.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

rossmum posted:

no but like

how did he fail to damage hellsau even once

i know the comet has mad dpm but good lord it doesn't kill a super pershing that quickly

if he doesn't know you can turn your tank to turn your turret faster I can easily see hellsau taking 1 shot of damage and not being able to traverse fast enough if hellsau circles.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

Make sure you describe in detail every mistake they make. Gotta teach them forcefully.

Maybe explain to them in russian to show them a real pro is teaching them.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Nessus posted:

My own play experience is that every gun is awful in your own hands, but is a laser-guided death ray in the hands of others. (This is slightly mollified if you play gold.) But I'm also bad at tanks so :v:

I think I'm giving up on American arty though, the Priest is simply Too Bad. I'll keep it around I suppose in case for some reason I feel like double-artillering.

Arty doesn't really get good until tier 5 at least, everyone is moving around too much or is too small to hit and your splash radius is basically nothing at low tiers.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

JohnGalt posted:

Just a reminder to always pay attention to WG's stupid specials and put in the minimum effort to do stupid poo poo. I just got 15k gold and an FCM 50T because I copy-pasted someone's bracket for the clan invitational.

Gg.

Well now I feel dumb.. I remember seeing it but gave up on deciding the bracket didn't realise I should find a smart person and copy their bracket.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Desuwa posted:

Also after coming back from a six month break and somehow turning purple in the interim, I will say that it's like arty never, ever got nerfed. I've been spotted two minutes into a game, where most of my team has been spotted, and immediately two out of three enemy arty will shoot at me. It hurts that I'm worse than I was six months ago, playing a good 600-700 WN8 lower than I used to, but gently caress this bullshit.

I will say it straight out - if you don't see the problem with arty in this game it's because you're not good enough. As your stats get better arty does aim for you more, and conversely they aim for you less when you're green and there's a blue or purple on your team. At least half the enemy arty is actively waiting for that purple to screw up and show himself. Though I'll admit I've been screwing up a lot more than I used to. Arty is a dice roll but when the enemy arty is singling you out all game eventually the dice are going to come up in their favour.

Well now that you mention it.... I have been feeling like I get focused more by arty but then again I play on west and its usually a sea of red to yellow.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Uranium 235 posted:

You can buy the AMX 13 57 now. http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/31/shop-wgl-pride/

It's a French tier 7 premium LT. Looks like the other French lights. Oh yeah and I hope you like having a big ugly banner ad for WGL on the side of your tank (and no, you cannot remove it or change the tank's camo or emblems):

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/04/amx-13-57-wgl-camo-not-removable.html

Stats here: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/grand-finals-amx-13-57-intro/

Worthwhile to get? I'm not the most well versed in reading and comparing stats with similar tanks.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Babe Magnet posted:

uh actually, he's super good at this game and it's all his team's fault that he keeps getting owned, why else would he be yelling at the top of his lungs at 11 pm in the evening at his teammates and constantly pointing out everything they do wrong???

Assuming he is playing the grand finals tournament its 3v3 so any tank that gets knocked out is 1/3 loss of combat power, and if he is on a team he had to either make it or join it. And he would be retarded if he didn't check the stats of his team mates.

Plus he has to be an idiot since its 3v3 steppes encounter you shouldn't get hit by a KV2 unless you want to get hit, or he was even more retarded and brought slow heavies on a big open map suited for lights and mediums.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Babe Magnet posted:

I have absolutely zero context for what any of that means but yeah he's in some tournament they've otherwise been doing pretty well in so on one hand I can understand his frustration but on the other he yells a whole lot and we got people in the apartments right next to us trying to sleep I assume

Yeah just giving other people some more context on the tournament, in case they don't know whats up and what was happening today.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Uranium 235 posted:

If you have a Razer ID you can get a code for 1 premium day and 1 case of cola. You'll also get 3 invite codes for new players that are good for 7 premium days, 500 gold, and a T2 LT. Only the first 75,000 people can get the codes. If you don't have a Razer ID, you can sign up for one in about 30 seconds.

Here's the link: http://www.razerzone.com/wot-grand-finals-2015

Thanks for the link!

New players only

92DCR-U73TN-5YKRP-RM4B2-5YHX6
92DCZ-ZFSB5-E7A79-EGCGV-289M8
92DCT-3EAMG-C5KT7-K5XPT-VP38U

[quote="invite codes"]
INVITE CODE (FOR NEW PLAYERS) INCLUDES:
• 7 days of Premium Account
• 500 gold
• T2 Premium Light Tank + garage slot

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

LostCosmonaut posted:

For some reason when balancing the amount of light tanks on each team, the Type 62 isn't taken into account. So whenever I drive my Type 62, my team always has one more light tank than the other team (unless they have a 62). In this case, I was the only light tank on my team, and the other team had no light tanks (on Prok).

Now I want one....

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

CitizenKain posted:

It is pretty much a half upgraded WZ-131 if you don't feel like spending real money on a tank, depending on the Type 62 showing up in stores.

Well I'm hoping I can get it in the grand finals tourny. Top 4-5% Fingers crossed 2 more wins and I think we have it.

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 25, 2015

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
7k damage Leo PTA game with a damaged ammo rack halfway through 1903 BASE exp. I think I set a new account record, last one was vk 3601 at 1500 I think.

Description: this wasn't a game of me playing good until the end, it was more of the enemy playing worse, I took too many unnecessary hits two which took out my ammo rack 2 times. At the end I did what mediums did best by peeking up spotting and getting spotted and going halfway round the map to shoot them.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1833186#self

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

If you want to stop playing, give me your account. I'll see to it that it ends up banned swiftly.

Or sell it to a stupid person in my clan for 800$.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Agrajag posted:

Holy poo poo someone in your clan is paying 800 dollars for an account? What is he looking for in an account? For 800 dollars I'm willing to sell my account right away.

demonR6 posted:

Jesus wtf is he smoking?

Can't remember what he bought exactly but he did spend 800$ I think it had like 15 tier 10's, all the tier 8 prems, (no rare ones like type 59 or anything.) and is genuinely retarded or at least autistic I think. It was bobross's account apparently so it had unicum stats?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
Grand Finals Tournament paid out, and I got an E-25 without buying it. I knew I made a good decision.

quote:

Congratulations on earning a prize for Grand Finals Countdown.
Your account has been credited with your 16,000 gold, E-25, 5 large repair kits, 5 automatic fire extinguishers and 5 large first aid kits. Thank you for participating!
-Wargaming America eSports

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

KcDohl posted:

So how do I properly get in on this? Not having Every Premium weighs upon my soul heavily.

Be a good player, and find a good clan that runs a good tourny team. Or just join some tourny teams and work your way up with a proven track record.

Also have lots of niche tanks and the crews to go with them.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

So PINGU has three defenses tonight, and a possible attack. We had an encounter on the attack, since REL_O was trying to defend RDDT's province from us and delay our actual fight. Our clan commander said we weren't going to bother with the REL_O fight because we can't field the team for it so there's no reason to get any of our tanks locked. Fortunately, we had plenty of lovely tier 10s and 9s to get locked instead. Plus it's REL_O, maybe they'll gently caress up.

they hosed up.

Finally people will realize the power of the M48 and FV4202 in CW now. Plus that the E-50 is actually a good tank for CW and is totally viable as a tier 9 tag along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

See that green number next to the white one? That's how much we got for the finals battle on our landing tournament for our mission. Fun times. You'll be getting your tank mate, and it'll be free assuming PINGU does not gently caress up severely.

So PLSGO just knocked itself out of the top 5, by losing their HQ to a no name clan by somehow not out visioning the enemy while having a team full of lights.