Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I got that day of premium, and holy poo poo I remembered how much more you earn coins and stars. Holy poo poo. 2000xp stock game? :getin:

still terribad at tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

This match finally gave me enough credits for me to get the Indien Panzer. Really, nothing spectacular. I did a bit of damage before getting chewed up, knocked down to exactly 1 hp. To which I said "This must be a gift from Barack Obama, our Lord and Savior." Whatever.

Nothing too spectacular, I -

babby's first after game rant! Christmas came early! :haw:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

KurdtLives posted:

Been playing since March, just occurred to look for thread here. Got the heads up on the E25 leaving the shop and bought one, thanks goons.

What tank is a Warcrime?

The Panther/M10. It's a Panther mocked up to look like a Wolverine, complete with US markings and camo schemes.

e:f,b

we need a page of "Panther/M10" now

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 25, 2014

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

WayAbvPar posted:

Played a match on Fjords from the north in my IS-2. Pushed around the corner and wiped out what was left of the south team's heavies, and was heading through the town by the water to mop up when I was shot by a Dicker Max from arty island. I laughed in chat at the camping shitlord who didn't fire a shot until the game was decided, and apparently I touched a nerve, since I got the following tear-stained missive via the official forums-

:allears:

No, your response should have simply been "ok"

No punctuation even.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Does a Cracker Barrel gift card work in the store, though? If I could load up on olde-timey candies and poo poo, I'd skip the gold...

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I almost played tanks tonight. I logged on, idled for a couple of hours in the garage, and then went out to the bars for new year's. gently caress 5x day. Is this a bad thing or step 1 in a 12 step program?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, with all this bitching about the Archer, I can't wait to get it.

No, seriously. I like playing lovely tanks on purpose. I am literally the worst at tanks.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Are you running any mods? My very rudimentary Cyrillic tells me something about Multipack. Paging EE to the thread, please...

vvvvv or that works

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 6, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

buzzsaw.gif posted:

What are you doing to keep the game fun right now?

Take a shot for every match you don't die.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 7, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Actually, I should clarify:

Take a shot of Barton or something like that for every death.

Take a shot of Stoli for every victorious and surviving battle.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

AlmightyPants posted:

How the gently caress do you earn commendations and why is this mission thing as obtuse and terrible as possible?

MariusLecter posted:

This new mission poo poo is retarded

gently caress it, I'm done for now. Let me go gently caress around with stupid Fallout mods.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The credits are great, yeah, but now I'm watching my team sit in the back the whole time so that they survive and get that extra 25k credits. I'm going to start derping them soon enough.

Also, I'm out of booze.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Dalael posted:

During the WOWs weekend, a lot of people were charging straight at their opponents with forward guns blazing. Although a legitimate idea if the your goal is to get closer to an opponent, these people would never turn to broadside once in a good range. They just turn away and start using the aft guns.

When I told some guy he sucked for doing that, his excuse was that he was doing it to mitigate damage. I then promptly showed him the error of his ways by doing a full broadside in his face. Too bad it didn't one shot him, that would have proved my point.

drat I miss botes. All of you with Alpha are making me envious.

There have been a few times in modernish times where a full on, head on charge was possibly warranted. One off the top of my head was Hood v. Bismarck. The British commander knew that his old outdated battle cruiser armor was highly vulnerable to long range, plunging German shells, so he went flank speed to close the distance while only firing the forward guns. Then he could broadside, thus allowing all 8 of his guns to fire and presenting his strongest armor profile to the flatter point-blank fire he expected.

Great plan in theory, but we all know what happened when the Hood started to make its turn... :spergin:

Yeah, don't do this in botes.

E: I absolutely cannot wait to troll in game chat about WOTAN CEMENTED STEEL ARMOR and how German ships were generally terrible. Forums are already shitholes for this.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 18, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

HMS Jervis Bay, HMAS Yarra, the tin can charge in the Battle off Samar

Worth noting most of those ships also sank

Samar was a goddamn miracle that any of the US ships survived their suicide charge at the main battle fleet.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

McGavin posted:

- Aufklärungspanzer Panther will be completely removed, not made premium.

Goodnight sweet prince.

This means I should get it before it's gone, right? :downs:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

God loving dammit. Any hints on how to set someone on fire deliberately? It seems now that I'm actively trying for that mission, my fires have gone down to 0.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I want my battlecruisers, so that I can explode in glorious balls of flame when a battlebote looks in my general direction.

I forget, are they planning to have separate BB/BC lines? Or are they going to be "fast" and "slow" ships? I seem to see contradictory reports.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Some testers are of a mind that torps are overpowered at point-blank ranges and that they should have a 'run time to arm' mechanic to prevent it, or the explosions should potentially damage the launching vessel if they're too close.

...these people are idiots.

Actually, run time to arm seems perfectly logical to me. It gives a minimum safe distance for torpedo explosions and reaction time for whatever the target bote is doing. Then again, I am a bote sperg and have been playing Silent Hunter 3 for almost a decade now...

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I seem to be seeing a definite increase in frame rate this time around.

Now excuse me, work means I won't be able to play for several hours :saddowns:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

"Did you know that the smoke generator is actually just the crew setting fire to the deck? Watch your health next time."

I had at least two destroyers not use smoke because of this.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm just waiting for the Scharnhorst class battlebotes because they were so undergunned for their size. Tier 6? 7?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Fine. Tanks.

We need new trolls.

Also, do you think WoW might eventually add in PT boats? I'd die to see this one:

Soviet with T-34 turrets jammed on it. Some even had Katyushas :ussr:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Axetrain posted:

There really isn't any reason to put any thought into or get mad about the winter mode guys. Just play the mammoth to guarantee the 2500 dmg and train up some American heavy crews quickly. The other 2 tanks aren't really worth it and winning means nothing :/

I'm training my ARL V39 crew :colbert:

I am also a complete loving moron.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I give you two great pubbies. Both were encountered as I flailed about in my Valentine. (I know I'm terrible.)

First, a T-46: Please tell me he's a loving bot.

Second, the Little Sherman Who Didn't Want To: "I want to be the last survivor." I should've :commissar:'d his rear end.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I've decided to stop drinking. I wonder how this will affect my tanking. For one, my damage dealt per game seems to have gone up...

I'm still terrible at tanks. Although now I've unlocked the Jagdtiger without using any freexp throughout the entire grind!

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm stuck on that loving "heavy go cap and also shoot things lots of times" mission.

HT-7. It sounds like some sort of chemical warfare designation. Nope, it's WG's latest psychological terror campaign.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Valle posted:

For the StuG IV? You'll be happy to know that for the T28 Concept they took it from 1k damage and cap, to 2k damage and cap. :downs:

In other news, the loving pubbies just do not want to win:

It was encounter, my platoonmate sat in cap for 2min trying to stave off the enemy team capping us out, then they finally pushed in and killed him. Meanwhile I was killing half the enemy team all by my lonesome! gently caress, one more shot and I would've finished TD-15, but they capped us out.

I just want my snowflake stug. And the credits. Screw the other things.

Also, I got TD-15 on a loss with my JP2. I was surrounded by the enemy team after everyone died and said "gently caress it,face hug this IS-8." Got 4030 or some poo poo like that.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 2, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I forgot how stupid pubbies are when it comes to dealing with the Black Prince. I got HT-9 or whatever, block your vehicle's HP pool in damage. I got stuck facing the field, alone, in Ruinberg encounter as a top tier. I died, yeah, but not after the enemy team had dumped almost 3k in blocked damage alone on me. This was does not count an IS firing HE at my turret and taking maybe 500 of my health over two minutes. We won because they were so focused on killing me, 10 of my team capped :eyepop:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Botes chat again.

Do you think they'd ever add in the British Dido or US Atlanta class light cruisers as premium? They were both conceived as AA cruisers - Didos with 5.25" DP and 4" guns, and the Atlantas with fuckoff amounts of 5" /38 DP in twin turrets. Oh, and light and heavy autocannons. Don't forget your Oerlikens and Pompoms.

Just think: Cruisers with no "main" battery you can manually aim... But a loving shredder cloud of flak guns.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Rincewinds posted:

We need a movie where Das Boat meets Brokeback Mountain. Love can flourish beneath the sea.

What's long, hard and full of seamen?

a T-35 that took a wrong turn into the Volga :downsrim:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

gently caress, I can't find Hellsau's loving premium tank ratings thing again. What's the consensus on the Matilda IV (aka Матильда)?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

There will also be shittons of useless items on each map that have no other purpose than physics test. See that can? You can shoot it.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who keeps a kill on sight poo poo list. Reserved for the guys who camp base and complain about losing, or shitlers who spend the whole match stat whining, idiot TDs who shoot allies more than enemies, etc.

My latest addition was a crusader who hid on base the whole time, not bothering to attack or spot the two clusters of enemies. When they started coming to base, he proceeds to run away and take potshots at some tier 6 heavies from the front until he died. 0 damage. Awful replay when I get back to my computer.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Jack_tripper posted:

some smart goon told to use the "disable voice messages" option on those players you want to single out for killing in the future

This... is actually a great idea. Goodbye, wot_kos_shitlist.txt

also I forgot I turned replays off for some reason

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 12, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

SalexZee posted:

For those that asked.

You can grab the replay HERE.

Jesus, that was amazing.

That loving FCM tho :allears:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I loving love the 28.01

Also, I start a chat about Aspergers and behavioral studies.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

PirateBob posted:

Is there no replay site that shows the chat log? There used to be one :/

wotreplays.org is no more :(

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

That's gotta be a bot. It's only playing up one line of the tech tree.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

AT-15A?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

So, the SixthSense bullshit is due with 9.6?