Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Nordick posted:

Jesus loving christ you are such a loving crybaby.

EDIT: Also your OCD about the Churchill 3 is hilarious.

have some armoured trains:

http://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/germany/armored-trains/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Computer viking posted:

Sit back with arty and carefully snipe things.
It's a premium, so of course you want to maximize income by not risking any repairs, and making sure you hit every shot.

but like how do you use its armour and is it good for training crews?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Unfortunately Japanese govermant does not apologize WW2. They usually say They were attacked by Nuclear bombs. They don’t care War crime which they did. Even eating US soilder.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Oh, dont mind me, I'm just reading the comments on that ftr post about the holocaust...

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

rossmum posted:

As well as having generally terrible and reprehensible world views and a personality to match, he's not particularly good at World of Tanks, but presumably gets too much of an ego boost from being a "somebody" to realise he's poo poo.

From what I recall he's just barely above average, I think like 90% of the active posters in this thread would look like Camador when compared to him. Actually he's not completely awful, but he's certainly not good enough to be passing definitive judgement on tanks he plainly doesn't know how to play.

hes a 1600er or something, thinks he's tank jesus and gets a huge boner out of making GBS threads on wg. basically: dont listen to him.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
hes poo poo at tanks tho

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Keksen posted:

So he's 90% of the posters in this thread?

yes, dont listen to this thread either.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
something is up with these missions. most battles are really bad, last night was awful. my recent stats took a 500wn8/3%wr dip the moment missions got introduced. Unless i play really exceptional tanks, i can't carry for poo poo atm.

also, i skimmed through ftrs writeup of the CDC, and it doesnt sound like what ive heard about the tank at all. it just doesnt fit with the gameplay videos ive seen of the at all. apparently its actually slow or something according to ftr. "30 kmh uphill is slow, it turns super slow, 57 kmh with super acceleration is slow" wtf. it looks like a really good leo pt on t8 damnit.

he also found the panther 88 completely unworkable tho, and im beginning to really like that tank. currently the one i go to for money (even though its not the greatest earner), 88l71 gunhandling rocks. #snapshootallday

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
yeah, im thinking the tank might suffer from leo-syndrome (big+paper armour), but i would think that is less of a problem for a t8 vehicle. mobility is king, more so when youre bottom tier. unless the gun handling is terrible or something, it sounds like something i'd love.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Prav posted:

The gun handling is fairly mediocre at 0,2/0,16. It's a pretty painful combo with the super-fragile turret since you'll miss a bit too often if you just do a split-second peek, Patton-style.

It sure does move fast though.

Better, worse same as the fcm?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
apparently my replay folder had 10300 replays in it... time to clean up

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

rossmum posted:

The same thing happened to me, as anyone in TS with me for the span of about a week can attest to.

took me 70 games to set something in fire in a medium. played nothing but meds for days. also, gently caress whatever the missions did to this game. ive had a week of sub-50% wr and generally atrocious games now. was going steady at 60% for 12000 games before they introduced this loving poo poo

e: everyone should install the Advanced Aiming System mod, its excellent and done rather elegantly. it automatically adjusts aim distance for stuff for a second or two after you hover over a tank. if something gets despotted in teh distance right before you fire you won't shoot far above them. easier to lead shots in the distance too.

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 2, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Tahirovic posted:

I still don't get why stats would be more important than missions, missions give me items, credits and free tanks, stats give me? the right to brag about how awesome I am at a video game?
Pissing of people like him is an added bonus of going for missions.

wow filthy materialist.

stats = idealism. stats is your face outwards, and having good looking stats essentially proves that you're a ravishing adonis with a heart of gold irl. case in point: leetcake. you can tell by his voice that his stats are correct and that hes a 2.2k wn8 stud irl (+ his animesona is an androgynous, bishonen witch/hag).

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 3, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Kesper North posted:

I tried searching the forums and couldn't find one - does anyone know if there is a World of Warships thread yet? I am not in the alpha, but it looks amazing.

its actually this thread, because the boatlords in here are two lazy to make a new thread. interestingly, this is also the thread for WW2 train history.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Hmm, that amx 30 is starting to look better

DPM buffed from 2392,4 to 2741,9
Accuracy: 0,288
Aimtime: 2,01s

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
i would just like to say that the graphics in ships were generally pretty bad. i dont understand why they dont use higher res textures for the ships, if you zoom in in any degree teh textures are all smudgy. portholes and other small details are not actually modelled, but are merely "painted" on with textures where you can see blocky pixeledges. the actual sea abnd the black smoke when firing looks allright, but everything else looks dated and lowpolygony. the islands are incredibly undetailed, with lovely looking foliage (if any). also, smaller guns like AA are completely stationary and dont follow their targets. graphics-wise the whole game was a completely underwhelming experience tbh

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

demonR6 posted:

One of the mods was discussing this in the WoWS TS is all I know but it was being discussed actively in game chat. No idea if this applies to SEA but I don't see a reason why they would exclude?

About the graphics chat in a previous post, this is still in Alpha.. remember what a bucket of poo poo the tanks looked like early on and still do in some cases? Even the early Alpha island models were complete garbage compared to now. Honestly I could give a gently caress all about what the islands look like or even close ups of the ship for that matter. I am focused on delivering hot death to the guy on the receiving end and how often will I get to see that close a detail of the other ship while in combat? In the port is another story but even then it's not nearly as important what they look like compared to the gameplay being priority. Pretty can come later but not at the expense of FPS and playabilty. I am sure most people will agree on that.

I like to stick to one of the bigger ships and pop smoke once we are closer to the range of engagement to help them out and to set the screen for myself as well. Enough times I have not been focused down when in the company of a bigger threat and that allows me to send off at least a volley of torps and run for cover while I reload and fire off a few shots in the process.

hey i played planes, and it didnt change in any noticable way from alpha to release or now. it looks quite good at a distance, but closer inspection of anything reveals dated lazy graphics. i have no faith in them improving anything but the textures before release tbh. also, the only reason ships (and planes) run so much better than tanks, is because there are so little detail on the maps. ships is basically a large flat surface with a couple of islands consisting of like 20 polygons and a couple of slightly higher polygon count boats. tanks has stuff all over.

also, make a thread for ships already. dont blame the loving nda or whatever either, because youve already been discussing ships for pages and pages in this thread without caring about it

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

gj taking important spots, team

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
loss obviously. no one moved out of base, and it was all over in about three more minutes. i tried to reposition to get some last resort spots towards the church, but it was hopeless.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
wg remove missions from the game

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
look at the 212

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
#highschooltankplatoon #jocktraktor #mathtraktor #exterminatepoors

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
hmm, for some reason i was under the impression that the grosstraktor was terrible. im wrong. its very very good. essentially a turreted paper-hetzer with excellent mobility

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
#gross #hoover24/7

http://www.twitch.tv/robotorb/c/6081420

http://www.twitch.tv/robotorb/c/6081356

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 9, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

srb posted:

It's surprisingly quick.

Thats the thing! I expected it to be a tier 3 heavy, but its not at all. the armour is shockingly thin actually, at 14/8/8 everything pens you at any angle essentially. however, it goes 40+ easily, turns really well and has a bullshit howitzer. the gun has essentially the same pen with AP and HE 43 vs 38 and ridiculous 90 pen HEAT round. Of course, the shells probably has some of the absolute lowest shell velocities in the game, but who cares. its t3, pubbies are awful and the grosstraktor stomps reds like no other. it essentially oneshots everything on its tier, and has hitpoints like a t4 vehicle. it sees 5s however, but you can still dish out damage against them if you stay a bit back. also it looks wonky as hell (this is a good thing) and has a weird butt-turret (this is also good).

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
OH MY GOD. they dropped the ball with 9.6. Accuracy nerf is HORRENDOUS. playing a bit now and every loving shot curve all over the place. this is loving dumb

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
mightve been unlucky in my first couple of games in the 50b, but i had entire clips go wide. its not so much shots going at the edge of the crosshair, but all around the middle area. nowhere near the center tho. first game in the 132 seemed to hit everything however.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Twitch's youtube export seems to be working quite well. Had a pretty close game in the 132 earlier. Not that much happening, but my team is slowly disappearing, until its only me and a conq gc against a t57, an is7 and a bc58 arty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCqdXUB3H_0

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
This wannabe, or if s ... No, that can completely spherical, will call me a racist. I Poles nedopslěý but I like boys, Ketra can not even play WOT - send play TETRIS - yes, TETRIS is moronic players, and is it does not matter if they are from the Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Turkey and even from Ukraine, gentlemen excuse me, assholes are found among all nations. ... I just hate those who neunesoou truth and video setřihaj of your poo poo and nhrajou DM. And it does not matter if it's Poles, Czechs nšebo else, if he knows poo poo, Takata going to play tetris like this player, apparently it is already playing and it is better than the WOT. The healthcare of farts.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Cippalippus posted:

The cdc does not look good with that awful terrain resistance.

it still accelerates like a mofo. not that i played it on test, but it seems quite alright. its soft as gently caress though. i got penned by a wolverine shooting he at me for 400 D: ill post a vid of some gameplay, to show off mobility.

this patch = rip snapshots btw. it sucks

E: here eventually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8BsD36ITRg
disclaimer, not really spectacular games or anything, but i climb hill on himmelsdorff among other things
no gamesound because copyright fuckers hate music

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 12, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
accuracy nerf was completely destructive to the flow of the game. instead of doing fast peeks and firing or shooting on the move, you now have to stop and aim if you are to have any chance of hitting your shots. unaimed shots seems to hit a completely random point within your aimcircle, no bias towards the middle at all. its terrible

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Hellsau posted:

And you Euros say that chat trolling doesn't work on the EU server.

he was a cdc reroll, so i kindly shot him for 1100 the moment i had my first shell loaded and blamed lag.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

hmm

e: wtf why did you get a message schlock?

e2: jesus christ he cares tho

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 14, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
AMX mobility is nice, but the lack of armour is troublesome. Just had a pretty neat game on Northwest where i basically drove around the entire map twice to secure the win. Lucky bounce at 1hp too D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Jwz1_HWMA

still processing or something, will be higher res fairly soon. crosshair is a bit jumpy in replays it seems.

results:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1624415

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Hellsau posted:

I have never had the pleasure of spotting their campers and having my team actually shoot the enemy. Usually my campers hide behind the rocks to not get spotted by their spotted tanks.

been playing scouts hoping for prokhorovka for a while now. sadly, the few times ive been lucky in my high tier scouts, my teammates have been drooling, uncarriable shitlords who refuse to shoot stuff. Closest ive gotten so far was 3.8k in a t7 luchs game actually...

132 with the 100mm is pretty much awesome with the buffs btw.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

TheFluff posted:

ISU moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUMG_gHVWk&t=202s

(see also at around 0:25 where I oneshot a T28 HTC from max render range)

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1634487

yeah those godawful missions are probably worth grinding

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
cdc going circles around anything on windstorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PA1ebpkTVU

i really dropped the ball against that is6, but who cares

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
too expensive for something that basically cant carry. same as all the other t8 prems i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
t25 - straight up good tank, makes enough cash too