Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Thin engine deck maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Hating the Valentine?

Reverse sidescraping works pretty well!

Subyng
May 4, 2013
It's more forward than centre, plus the engine deck is heavily sloped and it is 60mm all around the hull.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
I was actually doing well with the Grant on the first day. And then...and then, I got nothing but tier 6 and 5 matches where my loving shithead pubbies drove its WR into the loving ground. gently caress pubbies.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

drat it, the Archer can't carry poo poo. I do two or three times my HP in damage every match, and the pubbies still manage to uselessly flop and lose every game. I haven't managed a single win in this thing since Saturday.

Same, except I can barely manage any damage in it at all. If I'm too far front I get spotted and die immediately, if I'm far back enough to be safe I can't click on red tanks.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
The Archer...

:shepicide:

This is the worst tank. THE WORST TANK.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
I'd actually like to see a tier 6 or tier 5 historical Tiger. Maybe make it the Ausf. H1 variant. Even a non wehraboo can see the appeal of driving around bouncing shells off your big stupid box tank.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
The only mod you need is a minimap mod, really.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Do you drive saintonan?

Reversing is the same as going forward. Your tank will turn in the direction you steer.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Yeah gently caress pubbies I'll do it all myself. Though the E-25 did thank me for the win so at least somebody is thankful for me forcing them to win.

you got told

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Did 0 damage, but single-handedly spotted literally their entire team.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Atomizer posted:

That's called "suiscouting!" :eng101: It means you are literally a pubbie. :shrug:

Desuwa posted:

Did you confirm that they spawned at their spawn? Not really useful information to your team, and there's a very limited set of maps where you can spot that early and have anyone on your team ready to shoot.

Protip, if you die during your initial scouting run it means you messed up and got too close or were too exposed. Maybe a slight exception if an enemy scout suicides into you to get his one kill and you can't break contact.

It wasn't a suicide scout. I sat in a bush near lake on Lakeville and lit up the entire enemy team moving into city and middle road while my teammates took shots. I died trying to move in to flank. Nice assumptions though assholes, you don't get that much xp for a suiscout.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Missing Name posted:

God loving dammit. Any hints on how to set someone on fire deliberately? It seems now that I'm actively trying for that mission, my fires have gone down to 0.

Try using a tank with a high rof gun. Even if you hit engines/fuel tanks it's still a dice roll so being able to click more should increase your chances.

I completed the mission by lighting an spg on fire from the front so..:shrug:

Subyng
May 4, 2013
How do you aircraft carrier? Played my first game with the Langley and accomplished nothing.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Different planes have different stats and obsolete fighters get totally shredded by newer ones. Be very wary if you see a higher tier carrier, you have to avoid his fighter squadrons and hope they're a dumbass with their bombers (They are often dumbasses).

You launch your planes and control them as if you were switching ammunition types. You zoom and click around like an RTS and your planes tool around. You probably know this.

It's better to manage your bombers and make sure you get a good angle of attack on a ship.

Dive bombers do best when against light ships and straight down the bow or stern.

Torpedo bombers should work together to create inescapable spreads. Sending squadrons in from different locations on a single target will create different spread patterns. Alternatively, use alt-clickmaking sure the squadron starts outside the dotted circle, to manually set up runs.

AA fire will mess up your planes accuracy if they aren't already on an attack run.

Yeah, on my second game I sunk 2 ships and shot down 22 planes hahahaha

Subyng
May 4, 2013

James Garfield posted:

:frogsiren:Boats official forum posting:frogsiren:

Anime is actually good* though

*not universally but there exist many good examples within the genre

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Apparently there is a bug/exploit that allows you to have more than 3 players in platoon.

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.ca/2015/07/how-to-create-4-man-platoon.html

:getin:

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Why are you blacking out other players names

Subyng
May 4, 2013
At least we can all agree that the A-44 is the undisputed king of T7 mediums.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Is it just me or is it incredibly difficult to get Overlord? I've played that map literally 3 times since the update.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Church I is one of my most successful tanks :shrug:

Don't go hull down - your turret face is weak. Side scrape or go round corners and bait players into shooting your tracks.

That was good enough for a 60% w/r (average 54%) over a not-statistically-insignificant amount of games.

Subyng fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 15, 2015

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Why on Earth does Wargaming think it's a good idea to limit maps by battle tier so extensively?? Yes, less variety, that's what we want. I guess WG really wants to push the 'tier X endgame" meta and anyone who enjoys playing lower tiers and doesn't want to bother grinding is punished by having fewer maps to play.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Play armored warfare. It's literally better than WoT in every way.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Like, artillery is actually fun to play and not a nuisance to play against, armour means something, stock tanks aren't purposely gimped to get you to spend gold, spotting mechanics allow some form of reprive against cloaked tanks, greater variety of vehicle types including wheeled vehicles for maximum tonkyo driftu potential, bad teams are less of a handicap since tanks are more lethal, better matchmaking, power gap between tiers is smaller, better graphics and better art direction, etc.

I check in on this thread every now and then and half the posts are rage posts and I'm just wondering why you still play this game when AW exists?

Subyng fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 25, 2015

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Hellsau posted:

#snapshotmeta - if you fully aim a shot, you are more likely to deviate from the center of your reticle than if you fire while turning hull and turret. This punishes TDs more than turreted tanks, and punishes high-alpha high reload tanks more. E4 basically never misses at any range if you can rightclick-leftclick an enemy though.

No way is this actually true. This is just confirmation bias at work.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
The new sounds are dope, played a few rounds, half of them were El Halluf and all of them were awful but I was temporarily won over by the novelty of the new effects.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
All of those maps you listed are still better then el loving haluf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Is this game still lovely? I stopped playing this years ago and went over to the superior War Thunder but that game has steadily been going downhill, meanwhile maybe Wargaming has made WoT not terrible in that time.

Any new features? Are maps still all dota style 3 lanes? Is arty still infuriating? Is how much fun you can have in a round still dependent on how good your teammates are?

Subyng fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 9, 2020