Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

DoubleWelp posted:

Telescope or laying drive on the E-25?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Rammer, Vents, Optics.

moosecow333 posted:

Now that I've got all the big stuff on my Tiger I, what modules do you guys suggest? Since it's a support/sniper tank, should I do something like, loader, telescope, camoflague?

Rammer/vents/GLD or toolbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Crash74 posted:

WTF is a STAR BIGOT Warcrimes?

subhelios posted:

We are all dying to know.

Gather around kids, it's Christmas story time. A misogynistic, homophobic shitpub from the star citizen forums :10bux:'d thinking he could come troll goons and things haven't quite worked out like he thought they were going to. You think WoT pubbies are spergy? Oh, boy, that's nothing compared to the Mal Reynolds roleplayers associated with SC. Someone joked that he's spent enough on me(this is the second avatar/red text he bought) to send Lowtax and his whole family to see the new hobbit movie. The beginning.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

So what equipment should I put on a Tiger 1? Rammer, optics, and ?????. The tank doesn't have any weaknesses I can think of, it doesn't really need any more equipment

rammer/vents/GLD or Tool box

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

primelaw posted:

I just spent $100 on several decks of Yu-Gi-Oh cards because my friends are playing it again.

You're dead to me.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

primelaw posted:

Better than $100 $18 on Star Citizen :laugh:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kuntz posted:

Vents are not good.

This is a bad opinion.

With that said, Rammer/optics/vert stab(if it's true they cant take VS anymore go vents)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Saint Celestine posted:

But the turret is not dependable. I've gotten penned through the turret many times. The drat thing is also huge.

Its great at support, but you can't really affect outcomes like the E75 can. Can't push in it, and melts under any sort of sustained fire.

Absolutely. I wanted a heavy tier 9 for when others wanted to play 9s and already had an excelsior and decent crew so figured I'd go up the line. It's not bad(the gun is amazing) but not a keeper tank. At this point I'm just hoping the Chieftan is good and I'll get a german crew ready to rebuy the e75.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

JohnGalt posted:

Its been a year. Is the game marginally better? Also, what's the new stad patting tank?

:frogout:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

James Garfield posted:

Also the T32 gun isn't even the worst tier 8 gun, and the T32 is an absurdly good chassis.

Yeah that's silly, T32's fine in tier 10s.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

sauer kraut posted:

At least it's not a Fatton or Leopard.

:gas: thread, ban user.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Smesh posted:

I fell for the marketing hype and bought an E25. I'm having a lot of fun it though, so I don't care.

What skills should I train up on my crew? Unfortunately the skills link in the OP requires archives. I put vents, rammer and optics on if that makes a difference.

Ill give you my four-skill layout, but it also depends if this is a dual crew for a german TD line. I'm going to assume it isn't, and de-emphasize repair(it would be a fourth/fifth skill filler on the e25).

BiA/Sixth Sense/camo/recon(eagle eye is a fun option)
BiA/Deadeye/camo/repair(can't remember if snap shot works on turretless tanks)
BiA/Clutch Braking/camo/repair
BiA/Safe Stowage/camo/repair

Ill usually start Sixth Sense/camo then retrain to insert BiA when I hit the third skill, starting camo over on the third skill. This is a formula I use on all my tanks(replacing camo with repair where appropriate).

Dalael posted:

After a series of loss in a row, partially due to my inability to dish out any kind of damage, I decided to take my arty out for a match, hoping for better results.

3 kills, 5 158 dmg later, match turns out to be a draw. Our last TD was just about to shoot their last player, a french arty that was staying very still for the killing shot. Oh why couldn't the match have lasted just a few seconds longer. :negative:

Edit: Its fun being referred to as sky cancer.

Exhibit A on why arty is a stupid, broken mechanic.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Between the KV-220 and the Churchill III, I prefer the Church. The KV is certainly fun because it's super bouncy, but its gun just doesn't have enough pen even with gold to take on teir 6 heavies. Basically, the Church can carry while the KV really can't.

Lol, wrong.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

As I understand it nobody wants to bring the FV215b(183) or W-100 to anything clannish either, but they still both boss the gently caress out of pub matches on account of being able to utterly annihilate every tier 8 and 9 in the game with only a 5% chance of a single effective retaliation shot, and are still readily capable of loving up the not so great tier 10s, and the better tier 10s driven by not so great players.

In contrast the E-100 is the go-to clan stuff tank (still? I think?), but is fairly pointless to drive in pubs because, while it's still powerful, it's so ridiculously expensive to fire the mandatory HEAT shells all battle that there's no point to driving one unless you're really, really into the thing.

Object 140 is boss at both clan and pub though.

Those of us who aren't poo poo can actually make a profit in pubs in the e100 very easily. Also, lol @ 183 and Wfl-e100 being 'boss'.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Congratulations on posting nothing to refute or support actual achieved results, you're an idiot

He's not wrong, though.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The thing that always pissed me off was shitter platoons. Glancing at the wn8's and individual win rates and realizing that your top 3 heavies are all 41% and in a platoon together was the absolute worst way to start a match. Then of course you'd notice them dying right away, and that flank melting down, and oh god damnit I loving hate this stupid game.

But now, with wn8 off? The match just starts, a flank melts fast, and you die. You end up in the same place, sure, but it's more peaceful. Serene, even.

Might as well turn the map off, too. Hell hit V and be TruePubActual, you're almost there anyway.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Strobe posted:

Something makes a part of a game fun? Nerf that poo poo.

The state of arty now is loving miserable and unfun and making it worse just because there's a light at the end of the tunnel is not a positive thing. We've come a long way from beta artillery, and Battle Assistant doesn't go nearly half that far.

Cry, pubbie, cry.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Infected posted:

For the nice price of 600 gold, no silver option.

Hahahahahahahah.

Good timing on dickish announcements(put no more pref 8s in that category, also), not like there's not another tank game about to enter beta made by a studio with a pretty great pedigree.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When I referred to pref-MM premiums being 'removed,' I meant in the sense that I 'called' that they're probably done making premiums that will have it.

It's a pity - I might've bought an IS-5, but even with a buffed D-25T it still just isn't good enough. They should have made a Russian T34/Lowe out of it. No preferential, but enough of a big fuckoff gun to make it worth the price of admission.

I'm sure the reason is the same for why they removed battle tier 12, nobody plays 10s. So instead of addressing that, they just destroy their most balanced tier(8) to feed more low tier tanks to 10s.

Cover story was, of course, to reduce tier 10 queue times. lel.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

notwithoutmyanus posted:

There's a button at the top of the forums you click. It says "clicking here will make all your dreams come true!" on some versions, and others it says "Log Out".

:getout:

That's funny, there's also text that says World of Tanks, as in the subject of this thread. I mean, if you guys want to throw more time, money and tears at another lovely WG game(and let's be honest, as fun as gameplay might be at the moment, WG will gently caress it up), go for it, but how about one of you spegs effortthread it.

Also, "botes" is loving dumb.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

unlimited shrimp posted:

Is there any reason to keep those free premium lights I've accumulated?

Never sell premium tanks.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

lolllllllll @ the reporting going on by certain rectally discomforted pubbie shitlords.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

does the fact that it was reported make that post any less retarded

No, because Hellsau is 100% correct.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Armored Warfare beta client links have been sent out, check your emails.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

So i fired up tanks (sorry bote people) for the first time in ages (>1 year) and remembered it was fun. I have a su-122-44, 36.01H and when i logged on this morning wargaming gifted me the 30.01D i had researched but not paid for :iiam:. I such real bad but i can't remember if the german medium line is still worth playing anymore.

The german medium line is pretty solid. I'd watch some youtube LPs on each tank to get a better handle of how they play and the game in general and don't be afraid to ask noobish questions here or PM me. Go the gunners!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

unlimited shrimp posted:

I know the small gun on the roomba is better dps but the big one is so satisfying.

-said every bad pubbie everywhere

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

Eh, I always liked the 150 on the roomba more myself. Spot, gently caress some poo poo up, then back into hiding before taking damage thanks to the camo prior to firing. I thought it worked well.

Sure thing, pubbie.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Prav posted:

Nah, they're just shamelessly copying stuff. Hopefully the end result is better, but I don't really trust Obsidian to get the actual game part right.

Generation Internet posted:

I'm honestly kind of surprised that they're copying everything down to the unit icons for the various classes, that's pretty ballsy. I am curious if Obsidian can pull off a tank game, since exactly nobody knows them for their superior game-play experiences. Maybe the crew members will have really compelling backstories.

Obsidian has a pretty good rep and Fallout: Las Vegas and Stick of Truth are loving awesome. Pillars of Eternity looks promising, too.

Also, all the WoT UI clone stuff will change, they're placeholders.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Generation Internet posted:

Oh, I absolutely love Obsidian games; I'm just saying they're usually pushed into excellence by solid writing rather than solely their gameplay, and an arcade tank shooter will be an interesting change for them.

I also somehow suspect that they won't seriously modify the UI, why make it that way in the first place if they're going to switch it all later? It's clear they know who their target market is and what they're used to. That's not exactly a complaint on my part, though, since the gameplay looks like it can be fun and fast-paced.

I mean, other than they actually SAID these are placeholder UIs, sure, I guess they won't modify it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Hellsau posted:

No they loving didn't, they're lying.

Can you source this or you just pulling it straight out of your rear end?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Hellsau posted:

The patches have historically come to the NA server last for at least the last two years. Nobody cares about gold league. Nobody has ever cared about the league system. Patches are kind of lame if you need to replace your mods, but the league members aren't allowed to use mods anyway. There isn't anything in the patch that changes the meta - no new tanks, very few map changes (Mines is allegedly less poo poo) and the accuracy change doesn't really effect the tank selection or strats more than slightly.

There is no reason to delay the patch for the league unless the scheduled patch date had League fights, in which case you can postpone those fights, or postpone the patch a day. Either way, this isn't the first time NA server was a week late on a patch, and claiming that the reason the patch was delayed was for the league is just not realistic.

:ms:

Okay, so yeah, you are just pulling this straight out of your rear end. Thanks for clearing that up.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

The Southern Dandy posted:

It scares me when mommy and daddy fight!

Nobody's fighting, maaaaan

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Just got the IS-6 over the weekend, had this game today-

Note KonigRasnake's damage.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Atomizer posted:

Hey, uh, do you have multiple accounts? I didn't realize you were also JGCC, and I don't want to say too much here but you don't have PMs sooo.... :( Sorry, just curious.

He isn't but John has been working in some remote oil field for months, so he let's us gently caress around on his account. I might effort post some game chat, that guy went nuts when I mocked him. 11_AD are notorious REAL VETS ONLY spergs, so easy to trigger.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

The T34, Lowe and FCM 50t all poo poo credits in equal measure, they just suit different play styles and if you pick the wrong one for you it can be frustrating. The IS-6 is not a great choice if you want to earn credits but it is if you want to stat pad, and the 112 is not a good choice full stop.

The FCM shits on both the T34 and Lowe for the sole reason of never seeing tier 10s. The IS-6 is also a really good money maker, you don't need to spam gold as long as you know how to aim.

The FCM is absolutely worth it as it cross trains for a great line(and can be used to train up a crew for the second medium line coming in 9.7) and is actually fun to play. Also, tier 8 prefs are not being released anymore and there have been several rumours of the current pref 8s all being taken out of the store eventually.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Dalael posted:

All of these stupid mods are ruining the game for people like me who plays 100% vanilla.
I wonder how much my stats suffer because of that. Probably not that much, but still.. i can't help but wonder.

lol, you're poo poo.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

BadLlama posted:

How lovely are the new premium tanks for 9.6?

The Center for Disease Control AMX is a pretty good tank and the STA-2 is trash.

I'd never pay real money for a non-pref tank but the CDC is good enough to be tempting for a detachment tank.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

It's me, I'm the shitler. I wonder how confused WN8 gets when you feed it thousands of games from three years ago when the game was radically different though...

Eh, gently caress WN8 or any of those self-serving formulas.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Agrajag posted:

Wow, I am a total retard. Evidently I can access the alpha test forums in Armored Warfare, which means I was apparently invited into the Alpha focus testing at some point. Sad thing is I never got an email notifying me, and this is after I recovered my old deleted emails and junk folder just to see if I missed it.

It was mentioned in this thread, but not everyone who got in got an email. I'll :effort: an actual thread once the beta goes permanent, unless someone beats me to it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Aeneas posted:

Any of the on sale premiums worth picking up? How about the package will all of them?

The SU-122-44 is definitely worth it and gives you a tier 7 if you want to help someone with a grind. It's also a great russian crew trainer, as it's crew layout is standard commander/driver/gunner/loader. I used mine to train up a second medium crew for the 140 and a heavy crew for when I bought back my KV-1s. Gun handling can piss you off at times but it hits like a truck.

I mean, 30% off is really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

This is a good post.