Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I am having trouble adjusting to the AMX 13 90 after the WZ121 and Bulldog. The WZ and 'dog are both quicker, more agile and have better handling guns so i often get myself into situations that the other two can run from that the AMX is just too slow to survive. Plus it feels like you have to stop and aim for an eternity before you can hit something even at close range.

I guess you play it more like a medium than a shoot and scoot scout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

ELI PORTER posted:

Replying to randoms who are raging in chat with "relax" serves the dual purpose of both 1) helping me relax and 2) making him rage harded, and I would highly recommend it.

I find "Cry more Princess" or "You should of played better" works to get bites.

Maybe I should try "Relax Princess it's just a game"

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Uranium 235 posted:

poor euros don't even know how to hot dog

Why do you need a hot dog when you can have fish and chips

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Where is my god drat chieftain.

You will get that when they have run out of napkins, envelopes and fag packets technical drawings from Kubinka

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Just manged to do the first HT-15 mission.

In a Conqueror :britain:

Yes I managed to bounce 2.5k damage in a loving Conqueror. Jesus tap-dancing christ pubbies can't aim.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Just got Ace Tanker in the Luchs. Was such a great game, took out a Jagdpanther and a G.W Panther.

Think I'll keep this tank but I'm not even sure if I want to continue up this tree. I've still got to start the US Light tree which looks fun.

The 28.01 is fun with the 10.5cm gun when you can oneshot most arty and ramming lights will never get old. The Leopard with the machine gun is fun and mroe of the same as the Luchs. Almost no one has anything good to say about the AFKPanther

The US lights are a blast and the Bulldog is just so OP it's funny. If you want to light use the yanks.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Prav posted:

oh man, i'm done with the Caernavon! let's see what the Conqueror is like!

oh

The Caern was the prototype of the Conq with a Centurion turret to test out the chassis.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
I don't know who is the biggest oval office in that exchange, Foch or WG

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Any tank that relies on its armour is pretty hosed in the current MM.

If you are top tier you are OK unless the other teams tier-1 uses lots gold and/or pushes your face in.

If you are bottom tier (which will be most of the time unless you are a IX or X) then all that armour means gently caress all as tier+2 lights will often punch through your front a lot of the time.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

2Jets posted:

I judge people by their win rate because I know how hard it is to win at this game. If someone wins close to 70% of their matches they have to be pretty dang good, or a seal clubber. And being a seal clubber still requires winning against 27 to 29 other players.

Being a seal clubber at tier 1 to 3 is much easier to carry than at 6+. A fully upgraded and equipped tank with multiple crew skills is a much bigger difference when 50+ percent won't even have 100% crew or be fully upgraded.

55% win rate when you are grinding tier 8+ solo is drat sight more impressive than 55% tier 3 seal clubbing platoons

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Hellsau posted:

what if they're in an e100 and are named "xXxRommelKillAllJuden420xXx"

I would ask how his job as a Wargaming NA chat moderator is going and when will the south rise again

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Does the new MM poo poo over the Black Prince that badly?

I must of played it in its hayday pre stupid matchmaker and pre hd model armour "rebalancing". It was up there with the T29 for just making GBS threads on Muppets.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
They will be like the British Centurions but slightly better because Wargaming want you to buy premiums and gold for the next big thing and gently caress the British tanks.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
The O-I experimental does feel like a bit of an odd one out for the higher tiers. While it is huge and an arty magnet it has almost no armour but will move quickly for something the size of a house.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
God the current MM is bad. Was top tier in my IS3 and because our top tier arty pounded the other side's O-HO like a cheerleader in a gang bang I was able to cut through the 6s and 7s.

I'm only just pushing a good player on a good day and if I can run roughshod over a team like that the MM is hosed. How is going up against an IS3 when you are in a vk30p any fun? I just drove at him, made sure I was out of the TD lanes and facerolled him.

The best games I have had were when every tank was the same tier. The team that actually works together more wins and one player has much less of an influence, which is how online PvP team games should be.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Did you know the derp gun on the O-I can fully pen the side of an ARL-44?

It will also do the entire health pool of an ARL as well.

Top tip, never park side on to an O-I

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Came across peek pubbie yesterday. He was complaining about the win percentage meaning another lost game.

He had a 46% win rate after 10k matches.

Still won

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
I don't know if this is Stockholm Syndrome or not but even half upgraded the AMX 65t is an ok tank.

Turret can bounce poo poo (even though it has a huge weakspot), with the top engine it won't be Churchill slow and the gun has decent pen. It is no IS3 but all round a half decent tank if you get the American way of doing things.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

YellerBill posted:

That's a thing in Armored Warfare too, it also makes marked targets take slightly more damage or something

e: It's probably been changed but it used to guarantee shots against marked targets would be high damage rolls

Last time I played AW an IFV actively lighting up a target meant all shooters did max damage instead of rolling for it. I think. Never really used it because you rely on idiots to left click.

Had a top tier Panther call the entire team "Retarded jew campers", when he camped at the back and traveled less than i did in my arty. I just reflexively told him "Shut up nazi shitlord" and get a load of abuse. Turns out all but one tank on the first page of his most played were German, including 55% with over 1k games in a 1C. The only non-german tank was a tier 2 russian seal clubber.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Had a LTTB throw his toys out of the pram at the very start of the match. Drunkenmaster is a true coinflipper with delusions of grandeur. If you see him on EU ask him how he only has 52% w/r in 1.5k games in a Pz1C

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

He named himself after a war-criminal. Of course he is going to be a racists, homophobic shitbag

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Cardiac posted:

Encounter is kinda good in the sense that you immediately see which part of your teams are morons, especially on Lakeville.
I would pay WG good money for implementing a traffic sign "Retards go here" with direction pointing towards the valley.

The valley on Lakeville can be a half decent place if there are no arty, you have a turret made of pure bullshit, great gun depression and it is a regular game. But most of the time yes it is pointless and can be defended from elsewhere.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Nope. WG EU is obviously making enough money they don't need to it such a broken tank on sale.

Just wait untill a job opens up in Minsk and an EU bod wants it, then the defender will go on sale so he can pad his CV with the cash made

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

2Jets posted:

From the daily bounce.

"First Scenario: No more concept of the “premium” ammo, just another type of ammo in general. Different types of ammo for different uses (more/less alpha,  more/less pen, maybe some speed changes, etc.), but they’ll feel like a proper different type of ammo for some specific use, and they will not cost a lot anymore in that variant. The cost of most premium rounds is not reasonable, but the main changes won’t happen in the same update, as it will simply remove the gold price and that lets us do everything"
https://thedailybounce.net/2018/02/24/developers-qa-ranked-battles-matchmaking-game-vehicle-changes-premium-ammunition/

This seems like a good change. That probably means it will take years to happen.

It's what armoured warfare does, AP that has high pen but lower damage, HEAT that is middle pen and middle damage and HE that is low pen and high damage. The problem with AW is beyond a certain tier everyone just takes massive amounts of AP because the armour is just too high on most tanks and the ones with thin armour have other countermeasures that deal with HEAT.

So unless you really lower the damage or make the ammo really expensive (like now) people will just load the high pen stuff

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Jesus tapdancing Christ the SU-100M1 is broken. 30 games in and I still have a 65% win rate in it. The armour is pubby proof and the gun is much better than the SU152's two options (but not as fun as the derp).

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
If you are regularly getting hit by arty in a Japanese heavy there is very little you can do. If you get regularly get hit by arty in a t34-85 you are doing something wrong. You should be moving every time you get spotted to a new position. Shoot and scoot is the motto and if you get the same arty going for you with two shots completely relocate.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Valle posted:

Arty will never stop being loving bullshit. If you enjoy playing arty, you may be a sociopath. gently caress arty forever. Pictured below is a typical arty hit, from an arty firing from your 1-2'o clock.

What's even funnier is at the beginning of a match with no clear targets just lobbing a shell at an obvious camping spot. Sometimes you get a bingo.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Hellsau posted:

well then you're not playing correctly

drat right. Concentrate on the try hards exclusive to any one else. You know you have played well when they start bitching about arty on message boards

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
drat it, now I want to install the Ork voices mod even if it doesn't work any more

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
It turns out rommel1311 on the EU server doesn't like Rommel being called a Nazi war criminal. Just by calling Rommel a Nazi I was the actual Nazi

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Never aim using the scenery, always use the red outline to find where the cover actually stops. The same for the ground as well.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Top tier in my O-Ho in a 3/5/7 and the opposition slightly damaged AMX 50-100 decided to drive out sideways in front of me to try and clip the IS that was next to me. A full pen 965 damage derp showed him the error of his ways.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Is it just me or is the Italian tier 8 just a nice tank, hampered only by tier 8 mm?

You don't need the tracks to get the top gun and turret, is reasonably mobile with the bottom engine and the gun gimmick is good. You can long range plink or just dump the drum, your call.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
I have only read a little but that is just humans being really bad at statistics and seeing trends where there are none.

It is like the cockwombles who think the game is rigged or that there teams are always the Muppets.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
The problem with the Pershing is that it does not do anything well, it is thoroughly mediocre while never being very bad. In every situation you want to be in another tank. Ridge line? Cent. Brawling? T44. Long range? Panther etc etc.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

i guess i meant the line of like half a dozen practically impossible land battleship tanks that i'm pretty sure are all based on one set of drawings of dubious provenance

But enough about most of the German tanks, we are talking about the Japanese heavys

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Has any one tried to sell consumables that were brought in a sale?

Do they sell for the full price or the sale price?

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
The ones to keep are the tanks that can do something at +2 MM. The Cromwell has the speed to work as a scout in tier 8 games. The derp tanks like the kv2 can also do at least something.

Anything that relies on armour gets screwed in +2 games.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

Claus has a normal one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF6PYDMTbb0

What was that a while ago about WoT being for old people?

We had tiki torch burnings in the US, so...

I see in the US Muslims are the new Jews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

Uranium 235 posted:

japanese heavies are pretty lol. is there any reason not to use the derp guns on them? just began grinding the tier 5

You can use the 1st upgraded gun on the Type 4 and do well if you carry a fair amount of gold ammo but it does require effort to aim and know what ammo you need in any situation. Higher skill bar than derp to the face