Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Refried Noodle posted:

If you missed the arty nerf, yeah it's better. The new padding tank is the bulldog, at least wn8-wise.

you know they hit lights by changing the expected value and wn8 calculations like a month ago, if you want to stat pad just find a tank that is obscure and has a low expected value.

For example a T-34 (russian tier 5), 1k damage and 1.5 kills is ~3500 wn8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Refried Noodle posted:

Expected damage for the lights is still pretty low, it was raised by about 200 at the most. I haven't read about changed wn calculations for lights. That might change things. Do you have a link for that?

Nah I dont follow it too much , just heard people mention it in ts. I think the main thing is that they were trying to get rid of the phenomenon on lights that simply hitting the battle button for a competent player was 3k wn8. If you are still crushing with the m41 you will still see inflated wn8.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Oh 11_ad :allears:

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 19, 2015

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Animal posted:

Does the AMX CDC get preferential matchmaking? If it does, then I see no reason to buy the FCM anymore. Both have paper armor, but the CDC has better mobility, better gun, better depression, is smaller, and has comparable HP...

Pref Matchmaking is gone, they stated no new prems will have it.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Quit tanks for good today, haven't played in a long time but feels good to finally be done with this poo poo game.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Mind sponsoring some other goon for the 12 step program?

1)Find someone that is interested in getting into World of Tanks quickly
2) discuss things
3) do some other stuff that could possibly involve paypal
4)literally profit
5) Congrats you have quit tanks

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Agrajag posted:

How does one value a WoT account anyway?

Hypothetically speaking, IF i were to sell an account it would go like this in order of importance:
1) Rare, unique, valuable tanks (type 59? cw rewards tanks)
2) Tier Tens and the crews involved (less important various other tanks)
3) Stats (this depends on the buyer some don't care or know about them)
4) Gold on account
5) Credits on account
6)Free XP on account
7) have they just done a major update (ie is interest in the game higher than normal)

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Saint Celestine posted:

Hypothetically, IF one were to try to find someone to hypothetically sell their account to for "$texas", where would one hypothetically look or go?

Just googling found epicnpc and playerauctions. Also, I heard that Chinese people are very eager to buy accounts to flip to their Chinese friends, probably just a rumor though.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

lDDQD posted:

The chinese account-buyers thing makes no sense, as they have a different company that owns rights to World of Tanks over there, with a totally isolated ecosystem.

But uh.. if you want a pimped out tanks account, SA mart may be worth a shot. I see LoL accounts and such being sold there, so you never know what might turn up ;)

Ya ALL chinese players play on the chinese server only, the rumours I heard must not be true. All I know is my paypal balance is much higher than it was yesterday.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Atomizer posted:

A little part of me dies at the thought of some shitter buying his way into an account with unicum stats.

How would you manage the game account being attached to your e-mail account (unless you signed up with a single-purpose account that you would also be relinquishing control of)?

How much higher? :)

And I suppose this means you won't be able to play Blitz with the same account, so we should unfriend you there?

I think my friend said a guy from chai bought his account with the idea of flipping it for more money.

You can get your email changed through WG support it just requires a little hoop jumping.

No, i wasn't good at the whole touch screen thing and got to lazy to bother with mapping a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

demonR6 posted:

Every single match over the last two days playing tiers 3-5 mostly there is one carrier and the rest are mostly DD's and a random BB. The carrier launches torpedo bombers after the BB as you would expect. While you dodge the five or six torpedoes and them repeat if you survive for the second wave you are likely going to be greeted by anywhere from 2 to 8 more being fired from the destroyers that zipped in to finish you.

When I didn't die dodging the torp assault from the CV I was too damaged, on fire or flooding and maybe even dead in the water and had zero inclination to give a poo poo long enough for the next volley from the destroyers. It's loving sad.

If you are really unlucky they will have two tier 5 carriers waiting to butt gently caress you like my last match last night. My BB has a 29 sec reload, by the time I was ready to fire there were two squadrons of bombers less than 4km out and I barely had time to maneuver much less fire off a salvo at any target. I did manage to shoot one bomber down so I only had to eat 11 torpedoes not 12. I had enough time to repair before the destroyers finished me off.

Them ruining an already terrible idea is karma for you people playing another russian WG made video game.

the end game is to quit