Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

holy crap the ammo rack is soft on the 907, been ammo racked 4/5 games so far and died twice to ammo rack explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Welp brought the 907 out, got Steppes, was teamkilled almost immediately by people trying to steal a kill. Good times.

Is that with Safe Stowage? Because you should always have Safe Stowage on almost every crew, specially Russian ones.

Couldn't imagine playing russian tanks without safe stowage, idk, I am thinking I just had bad rng / shot by 150mm guns, had another 5 games(mostly against meds few heavies) / died in 3 didnt take any module damage from deaths other than track damage. Tank feels like everything the 430 should have been. Also the cupolas are hilarious. After the initial growing pains, so far I really like the 907 and would say its the 2nd best ru med.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

If you want a german med trainer, wait for the t55a because we always need more russian meds. Infact t54s for every branch pls wg.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

sauer kraut posted:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/panther-88-price-reduction/
Apparently even WG got cold feet about selling a Panther II for 42 Euros.
Without pref MM it's just not worth it, unless you really REALLY want a German medium crew trainer in high level games.

Just get the starlin-mobile (when the release IMs).

Looks like wotreplays.org is dead, anyway i think ive ruined peoples chances of getting an ace on the cent 7/1 on the sea server now.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1474651#team

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/22/armoured-persona-contest-ht-community-choice-poll-results/

Sea community in a nut shell.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Axetrain posted:

Ha this put a stupid grin on my face,why yes I am 4 years old.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/02/meanwhile-on-asia-server/

Everybodys favorite blog has also featured the euphoric art of SEA.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

T___A posted:

Could be worse:

Read 'em and weep.

http://wotlabs.net/sea/player/xDeathLordx

Ross you were spot on about the vk 30.02D, with goldspam the tank is fantastic. It's a t7 tank that i actually enjoy playing.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

rossmum posted:

I think that must've been someone else? I don't recall saying anything about any of the 30.02s for a while.

i had a :downsbravo: moment, it was Hellsau.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You don't want to platoon a -220 with an SU-85B, it invalidates the fixed MM. Nevermind, read it wrong and forgot the -85B is T4 and will only see up to a max of T6 like a fixed T5.

Also, for some reason I've a feeling that the WZ-111 will be the last call for a 'new' fixed MM tank. The M56 Scorpion is getting de-tiered to T7 and keeping the 90mm. I think that's what they're going to do from now on - subtract a tier from a tank that might otherwise get fixed MM, and ensure it at least has a *chance* against the maximum tier it'll face, which at T7 would be T9, and the 90mm M3 it'll get has 243mm gold pen and 160mm with AP.

I also wonder what would happen if they decided to re-release the Type 59...only with a 'variant' name (Type 59D, for instance, with non-functional but decorative reactive armor) that didn't get fixed MM, just to troll everyone.

Is-5 (is-8 proto) is on the way and is practically a stock is8. i hope they will remove the is-6 from the shop and replace it with the is-5, Its also the got the generic russian d-25t, wish it got normal mm and the bl-9.

Also the t-54 proto is also on the way. The t-54 proto might be a russian type 59. Its got basically the same armor hull armor layout of the t-54 with an up armored t44 turret. i imagine both tanks will have pref MM. its currently got 90mm sides (holy loving poo poo) but i imagine that will get nerfed.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I didn't say they were taking away the original gun - the point I was making is that I think in lieu of making more 'fixed MM' tanks, that they'll try their best to just 'de-tier' premium tanks so they'll have a friendlier natural MM spread.

Also, I don't think the T-54 Proto is going to be a "Russian Type 59." From what I've heard from supertester leaks, expect something closer to a "Russian Super Pershing."

depends how the armor layout of the turret is, t-54 hull armor layout on a t8 pref can't be a good thing (a great thing if you're driving one making GBS threads on pubbies).

RandomPauI posted:

My point is, everything below the pike is weak and libel to do serious damage including but not limited to getting racked.

i don't think there is an ammo rack hitbox in the lfp, there definitely is one behind the pike though.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Welp now to wait for WG to hand out the actionx cent now

having an L7 with okayish gun handling is nice. also t9 meds are the best stat padders ever.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Axetrain posted:

These missions have brought out the worst of the worst but I have managed to win more than lose today and I made 1mil+ plus credits so I can't complain too much. The trick is to make sure the bads on the enemy team out-idiot yours.

This is an understatement. I actually want to quit tanks after today and wait for AW, usually its just RQ for the day from poo poo rng but holy poo poo its the worst i have even seen it.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Welp t54 proto aint going to have pref mm(assumed from ever body's favorite idiot blog). Makeway for the panther 88 fiasco.

E: words :hurr:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

They had the panther at 50 something $, wg realised no one bought the thing and brought the price down to 35$. If you wanted the money back you had to contact wg support Otherwise you got the gold difference. You had 3 days to do it.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

i want to move to NA :smithicide: sea is giving me a combination of ebola and cancer.

Its surprising WG have not implemented the option to move servers for :10bux:. but then again WG...

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

RandomPauI posted:

If you ever want to borrow an account to try out a bunch of tanks let me know in the password thread and I can connect you to someone.

ill definitely take you up on the offer later.

I've realised with sadness it's going to take months to acquire a glorious russian german t54

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Cardiac posted:

Is it different from what have already been posted at FTR by you (or stolen by SS?)?
Regardless, just post away.

Also, shouldn't the Swedish tech tree be predominantly post-1945 tanks?
I guess the IKV is out of the picture?
A Swedish tech tree without the S-tank would be kinda weird, especially given that it is our only unique and iconic tank. On the other hand, I guess we can't go wrong with more variants of the Centurion.

S-Tank or bust.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

http://youtu.be/OGxMBldhv1w?t=4m32s

CdC footage, bit later on its out accelerating a 13 90 up a hill. :eyepop:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Its great fun playing an e100 when there are alot of t8s on the teams, cheaper ammo and I get to bully pubs with my german 150mm superiority.

Storm said the s-tank might be in the game :getin:

I am pleased they are reducing the amount of pref mm tanks. Hopefully they remove the is6 from the store and replace it with the is5.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Draw because a loving t44 reset at 5 secs. but his reset gave me 10k so :confuoot:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Is it the same as when you say Rommel was a war criminal?

Being flush with silver after the personal missions I got my first tier 9. So did i get a IS8, T54, ISU152, M103, Junr Patton, Conqueror or Cent 7/1?

I got the Conqueror :bang:

Should have got the t54 for maximum bias (and the ability to bully any tank without 200 pen).

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

this winter mode is hilarious, you can deny pubs any silver and xp by just rushing the cap with 5 man plat of arctic foxes.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Anyone got the t55 yet? Halfway through the t28. Also gently caress the set someone on fire, shot a tiger and a lowe 10 times in the rear end and not a single fire.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

There might be an E-25 nerf coming after the discrepancy was pointed out

The leading candidate to replace the W-100 seems to be a rhoomba/wpz4 style turret jammed onto a Panther hull with a non-autoloading long 150mm gun, but still haven't had serious discussions about it yet.

Also, in a surprise to me, the GW E-100 is joining the W-100 on the scrapheap apparently, and being replaced by something called a Grille 30 or 42 with a 305mm or 420mm mortar.

so they finally found a use for the strumtiger model?

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Got back into boats, realised boats alpha is better than wot. Whatever its running on its not bugworld (seriously how does it run so well over wot?) and i get 70 ping, 40 less than on wot :iiam:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Atal Vataman posted:

i would just like to say that the graphics in ships were generally pretty bad. i dont understand why they dont use higher res textures for the ships, if you zoom in in any degree teh textures are all smudgy. portholes and other small details are not actually modelled, but are merely "painted" on with textures where you can see blocky pixeledges. the actual sea abnd the black smoke when firing looks allright, but everything else looks dated and lowpolygony. the islands are incredibly undetailed, with lovely looking foliage (if any). also, smaller guns like AA are completely stationary and dont follow their targets. graphics-wise the whole game was a completely underwhelming experience tbh

they said it was so the chinese/russian clone games don't get their nice models yet.

demonR6 posted:

What I noticed last night was if I zoom out to a certain power I can see those flashes you mention but full on trying to pick someone apart was not working for me. Also depending on how I was zoomed in and where the goddamned sun was relative to my ship I was nearly blinded a couple of times. My eyes are watering just thinking about it. I had a lot of success blind firing torpedo volleys into smoke where I had a good idea of the enemy ship sinking a few over the course of the evening.

Also anyone who is an Alpha you should have a ton of 'gold' in the bank in the next 24 hours as a thank you for participating. They said there was a minimum number of battles you had to have over the last seven days but I could not verify that. If you get enough to buy the Atlanta (premium ship) do it, it's a money maker.

is this valid for SEAboats as well? could not find anything on the forums about it.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

just how!?!??!, i do a HAM scout run in my SU and get top on team with 0 damage (thanks jpanther mantlets). Is this what its like to be the very embodiment of shitler and get rewarded?

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Hi Rossmum, I heard you wanted kawaii Comet tank waifus. Unfortunately I couldn't find you any. As condolences, please have this IS2:

And this lovely lady. I forget what she is but I'm sure she can be identified by someone with more tank fu than I.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/22/armoured-persona-contest-ht-community-choice-poll-results/

only on SEA

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

warcrimes posted:

Sure thing, pubbie.

I am the rhoomba pubbie lord, 150mm or bust.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

DonkeyHotay posted:

It's basically an is-3 with much better frontal armor. Anything T8 or below you can reliably bounce *enough* shots to kill before they kill you. (this is assuming you can hide your lfp) You still have the fuckoff spaced sides that make an is-3 so annoying so give anything t9 an angled side to shoot at, and them pop them.

Expect to shoot lots of HEAT at t8+ but hey, its a d-25 what did you expect?

best part of the wz-111 is the shot trap that no other wz-111 driver seams to know about on sea.

almost done the panther 2 grind, its so annoying to play as its so loving mediocre at everything.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

The Panther 2 is basically a Tiger 1 a tier higher. Fun!

:smithicide:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Burt posted:

I have been going bat poo poo insane today trying to get my MT "kill 2 mediums" mission and LT "spot an SPG". Every game I take the MT out there are no more than 1 medium on the other team and when I take the LT out, you guessed it, no arty.

I did get HT15, combined damage and bounces of over 10k in an IS-7. :smug:

If it makes you feel better the next one is kill 3 mediums. :negative:

Rage sold the panter 2 after being 1 shot by arty (for the 4th time that day) and free xped the rest of the way. holy poo poo the e50 is hilarious, i must have been imbued with pubbie luck this game or something, but when you receive over twice your health in potential damage in a medium cant help but :smug:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

mmkay posted:

So I was a big dum dum and didn't check it out on the test server - is the new AMX premium as good as previously advertised, or did some nerfs hit it? Seems quite cheap.

its a poor mans fcm.

disappointed they nerfed the ground resistances from something like 0.8 to 1.6, i was looking forward to a t8 med with bt-7 acceleration.

might be an alright pickup if you have a batchat and plan to go down the amx 30 line as well.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

panther had its moments, i wish the L100 had better shell speed though.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Allstone posted:

I haven't played since 0.7.3 mostly because I was really tired of playing at 300-500 ping constantly. Is there any way for me to transfer my US account to the Asia server? It'd be nice to be able to just jump right back in to my SU-8, SU-100, Hummel, and I think I got up to the JgPz IV? Also is there stuff I should know that's changed a lot? I know I heard a bit of stuff about the new engine and less bullshit misses.
E: Also the launcher says I have 8.3gb of patches - would it be faster to just download the game from scratch? I'm kind of erring to the side of a fresh install because I have no idea whether I took mods off properly while patching.

Holy poo poo stay away from the asia server, its full of veits and bad reroll japs who feel that goldpsam will fix their green 25K game stats, no one speaks english so when you tell them to drop a toaster in their bathtub or inform them of how poo poo they are for being a pubbie you get [][][]555+ back. also not to mention the packet loss is annoying at times. once the veits kill the server i am going to try and get a transfer to NA asap.

Jack_tripper posted:

6 games in and this might be my new favorite tank; why are they nerfing it again?

because it completely outclasses all the other t7 scouts by an insane margin (besides the LTTB), after 9.6 lands for sea/NA the t71 might be better than the bulldog.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Atal Vataman posted:

AMX mobility is nice, but the lack of armour is troublesome. Just had a pretty neat game on Northwest where i basically drove around the entire map twice to secure the win. Lucky bounce at 1hp too D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Jwz1_HWMA

still processing or something, will be higher res fairly soon. crosshair is a bit jumpy in replays it seems.

results:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1624415

Neat, unfortunately i have a feeling the CDC is overhyped a fair bit, still going to get one though as i need a nonpref t8 with a decent gun. Just a few things though. the replay stuttered a bit, if you pause and restart the playback it fixes the stuttering, the music :smith:

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

can someone please forward this to someone in relic NA? these are the people representing relic on SEA.

Short story about it, pmuch english clans got sick of vetifarmers alt clans on the map and decided to make a giant alliance where chipspam rules all.

http://worldoftanks.asia/clanwars/maps/globalmap/

The green is the alliance and the pic is from the skype chat of the alliance. #justseatardthings. this loving server......

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

So I ran into the middle road, killed a Leopard, and then a 50100 suicide rushed me. and then it died. Then a T-43 suicide rushed me, and it died. Then a T-44 got cold feet and no one else on their team fired at me. Good times.

e:

The Comet is so good.

e2: never enough Comet replays:

e3: not enough HP or ammo to kill literally everything

e4: help I'm addicted to the Comet.

Hellsau do you run food on your comet? if so could Hellsau = quickybaby?

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

so i think i've just had the most bullshit rng game i've ever had, and its a perfect example of "how?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

McGavin posted:

Stats for today:
WN8: 3083
Win%: 27.78

gently caress pubs forever. I cannot carry those shitsacks hard enough.

Stop chai sniping :v: