Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Pz II D does not have pref MM. For whatever bullshit stupid reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Also there's the nebulous TD view range nerf in the future. I mean, if you've already *got* a pair of binocs then use them to try them out (even if I wouldn't personally). Otherwise get the GLD.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Eh, I never used my Tiger much from that far in the back, and so immobile that the nets or binocs would be helpful. I'd go with rammer, GLD, optics. The rammer and GLD put your sustained DPM to ridiculous levels, and the optics are helpful all the time instead of just when you're camping.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The III/IV also has one of the worst on the move mobility of any medium tank I've ever played.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Accuracy. Got a wire crossed there. Track and turret bloom are just awful.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Darkrenown posted:

Aced the FV4002 while playing like poo poo. 1200ish base XP seems low for an ace, but I'll not complain.
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1484226#fjords-darkrenown-fv4202

Some interesting things though, a sub 50% player in an IS-3 out-damaged me while I was getting an Ace in a T10, we both got confederate (had this happen a few days ago too) - which I thought was one per match, and our stat-padded Unicum Fatton killed our arty somehow early (I assume he blocked his shell with his barrel, maybe someone with an unlocked camera can confirm?) on and never said a word.

A while back some of the medals that aren't "Do the most x" were made to be awardable to multiple people. Confederate, Patrol Duty, Defender, and Tank Sniper are the only ones I can think of that are actually possible to see multiples of.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
A T6 Tiger with the historical 88 and engine would be really cool, actually. I'd drive one.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The clan tag is GOKU_

That was easy.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
These goals are going to fund my horrid financial planning for at least another week. But all the lovely tanks just because.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You get commendations for doing the secondary objectives, I think. I got one earlier.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

this thread posted:

I can't do this free mission for free credits and free tanks in three hours oh my god this loving sucks boo hoo.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Just discovered there is an "Improve Result" button that lets you go back and try to complete a mission and get the secondary objective. I'm okay with this.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You can go back and do the mission again to get honors (and the extra credits)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm using a Matilda for the medium tank missions, an M6 for the Heavy tank missions, and a Wolverine for the TD missions. It's a trifecta of ownage.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I just want one light tank.

Is that really too much to ask? I just derped one in my Pz IV H (only low tier med with a decent alpha gun). It had 1 HP left. Some shitler took it.

:sigh:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

maev posted:

I want that T-55a DDR tank so badly, someone tell me how to set an enemy tank on fire in a medium :argh:

HE.

No seriously, grab an M4 and take the 105.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Not always. Both the tier 4 Stuarts and the Crusader are capable of being top tier. It's loving glorious when it happens.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Botes weekend client is able to download stuff. Get it early, avoid pulling hair out the day of.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Those who were in the last botes weekend can already download the new client. Everyone who can should do so.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I think my (least) favorite part of that Q&A was when he mentioned how making Battle Assistant part of the client side options would require another arty nerf to keep balance.

Say it with me now: bullshit.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Magres posted:

I agree with them heartily? The only reason artillery wasn't hilariously easy before was because you were stuck in an awful, awful view mode that puts three layers of abstraction between you and actually understanding what you're looking at. Battle Assistant makes artillery wwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyy easier and stronger. I got to the M40/43 before Battle Assistant existed, installed it, and literally called up my friend cackling about how he had to get the drat thing because of how fun/easy it makes artillery.

Something makes a part of a game fun? Nerf that poo poo.

The state of arty now is loving miserable and unfun and making it worse just because there's a light at the end of the tunnel is not a positive thing. We've come a long way from beta artillery, and Battle Assistant doesn't go nearly half that far.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

OSad posted:

It's the last light mission on the StuG IV grind.

You can shoot tracks off too and get damage that way, but man, this hardly feels worth it just for another StuG.

Is it worth it for a T-55? Cuz that's what you get to try and do after this (and the next) group of missions.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The RNG is not being kind this evening. I just purchased my T25, and missed no less than four kills in the first two games to rolling under 200 on the damage roll, including a VK 28 that got away with 13 after taking a hit for 183. :sigh:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Are you sure you're not conflating the overall crew growth with that? The guy with the lowest experience gets double experience. This means that the total relative crew experience gained is reduced for larger crews.

EDIT: This is how my Chaffee gunner jumped from 26% to 85% on his second skill when I finished that Chaffee Race mission, while everybody else only jumped to 75%. That's a pretty loving big experience gap.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My T25 AT currently has a WR of 11%.

:suicide:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:frogsiren: This botes weekend is going to have carriers! :frogsiren:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

OSad posted:

For the botes players out there in beta (I don't know if this is part of the non-disclosure agreement, so feel free to ignore), what is the current meta on the lines right now? Two days of testing is not a whole lot and having a breakdown of what's good and what's bad would be nice.

There's not anything bad.

No seriously even the tier 1 ships are loving blasts to play in higher tier games. There are no objectively bad ships.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
16% WR in the T25 AT.

That's up 5% from last night.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I just bounced four shots off a T34 from the side because every single one of them went high on the reticle and struck the turret at a weird angle. :negative:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Strobe posted:

I just bounced four shots off a T34 from the side because every single one of them went high on the reticle and struck the turret at a weird angle. :negative:

I was.

Read stupid!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Rorac posted:

What the gently caress are you doing, it's a pretty good TD. Unless you have like 10 games in it there's no real reason to have a WR that low.

It is definitely a pretty good TD. It's still stock, which might have a bit to do with it, but even if I were actively teamkilling the WR shouldn't be that low.

I did just manage to get my first consecutive pair of victories, so the win rate has climbed all the way up to a whopping 25% after 20 battles. And a damage ratio near 1.10 which is decent enough that I can't complain about my contribution while stock.

While on the subject: What's the point of getting the upgraded suspension on this thing? I can mount all the other modules with the stock one, and it doesn't give any extra traverse. Does it help with the bloom or something? I've had a beautiful run of snapshots on this thing that make me feel like whatever benefit they could give would be pretty negligible.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Infected posted:

I'm guessing it's just because of lovely testserver connection or something, or did WG seriously make it so that normal battles like CW ones hide the opposing teams tanks in the player panel until spotted.

:wtc:

I unironically like that.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If the other team is at the same disadvantage, I fail to see how that's a bad thing. With the TD view range nerf I expect this to be a good thing for the game.

Plus it'll finally shut up that fucker who's always on your team moaning about how they have more heavy tanks woe is us the game is lost.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

McGavin posted:

Well you have until 6:00 PM EST before it starts.

6 PM EST? Seriously? :qq:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: BOTES BOTES BOTES BOTES BOTES :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:frogsiren: BOTES PROGRESS RETAINED, I HAVE A CARRIER BITCHES. :frogsiren:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There are a grand total of 2 ships in the bot battle queue, and I'm testing this thing out against bots before I flail impotently at real botes.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Why is the botes channel password protected?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Some testers are of a mind that torps are overpowered at point-blank ranges and that they should have a 'run time to arm' mechanic to prevent it, or the explosions should potentially damage the launching vessel if they're too close.

...these people are idiots.

I could imagine a run time to arm mechanic. You'd then be able to totally ignore it, on pain of blowing up if you get your torps critted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
They are.

I'm not, but most people are.