Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
The tea pot should have been a tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Was we not supposed to fight zombie (tank) hordes or something, before they cancelled it?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
If your side lack tanks, often your only protection is distance, forcing them to sacrifice health to gain ground. 3 tanks might be willing to go around the corner to shoot your rear end, but they are less willing to down a corridor and lose much of their health and perhaps their lives doing so, which gives your allies a chance to flank them.

Then again, if when the lemmings on the other side of the map shits the bed, they are gonna blame your for not doing anything, even if you do have the most damage done.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
If someone plays 2k battles in the same tank, they are probably gonna be better than the average player in that tank, in that they will have probably learned the weaknesses and strengths of that tank.

However, there are 40 maps with different game modes and over 300(?) tanks in the game for PC (I think there is over 600 for console), so most people are going to be playing through different tanks, which are going to start out weak until equipment is researched and crew trained, at which point one ditch the tank and start playing the next tank in line to grind, and the process repeats itself, and even if the tanks is quite similar and you transfer the crew and free expi everything, you are facing tanks that you did not face before. So people having a new tank will be a novice with that tank for a while, even if most tanks can be placed in different groups according to their speed, armor, turret, damage, dps, etc.

So probably, yes, after 2k battles you are still learning tanks, maps and tactics, and can be considered to be a novice, and if you are doing well, you are a filthy reroll, because no way a dang newbie is better than me, right?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Its quite easy to get the crew from the Mirny 13 event once you get one of the tanks to 9 coins, at which point every time you rank up, you get 9 coins, so 3 rank up is enough for every skin and crew member. Playing on the hardest difficulty might be weeding out the more rubbish players, though some times it seems not.

Disapointing that the skin can not be combined with any other to make it look less shite.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Is it possible to combine 3d skins with regular skins, to make them look less poo poo, or are they poo poo forever?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
“If you want a vision of the future WoT, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.”

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Laying back and exposing his belly to show submission is one way to deal with a larger oponent.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BadLlama posted:

......................................................................................................

poo poo, I guess you are Chuck Norris now .

Except, you know, dead.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
The E 75 TS and Object 703 will be in the advent calendar if the leaked list continues to be right, so if you didnt get it last year, you have a chance now. Also wondering about getting a Somua, over the Lorriane, since both are supposed to appear.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Especially since you can use it as a crew trainer for both Russian and Polish mediums.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BadLlama posted:

Give the Bat-chat like 10 more rounds at least and it would be a huge buff even if they didn't change anything else.

Long games where I have like 6 shells left and there are still 4 enemy tanks alive and I have to do calculus to figure out what I am going to do..

To my shame, I was once as the last player killed by the last arty because I only had 1shot left left, and attempted to ram it hard enough to make it count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Logged in to get a loot box and got the Death Star offered at the fourth attempt, even though I have not played since Christmas.