Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

TracerM17 posted:

One of those national rental skins, maybe?

That's the only consumable that costs 75k that i know of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mr.48 posted:

It's a special case for people to transfer RU accounts to EU servers because of the war in Ukraine, since many players and companies including Wargaming and credit card companies can't/won't do business with Russia and Belarus.

My bank wouldn't do business with Belarus even before the war. I have to go through loving Paypal anytime I want to buy anything and I loving hate that company.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I'm actually having fun compared to everyone else it seems. I'm working on a bunch of German T6 stuff and basically everything at that tier is fun as hell

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

when i just log in and play some games with tanks i enjoy, i like this game a lot

when i try and set goals for myself, which nearly always includes playing a bad tank or a tank that doesnt fit my style, i hate this game a lot

in conclusion world of tanks is a land of contrasts

oh i know, i too have some tanks with like 400 games played and 40% win rate that i just had to loving deal with. the russian medium line has not been kind to me and it just doesn't click with me. american mediums on the other hand, i think i have something like a 62% win rate in my t20 with like 500 games played.

also i kicked rear end in the t69 but i'm dogshit with the t54e1

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mesadoram posted:

121b is a fantastic tank. I have zero regrets buying it.

Treat the T54E1 like a medium that is slow and has no armor. It can poo poo out damage at a scary rate, but cannot take hits. What tank did you get up to in the Russian medium lines? The T54 and the Obj 430 are both fantastic tanks and worth the pain.

Gotta break it up, you will drive yourself mad doing only lovely tanks you don't think are fun.

i believe it's the t54 i just got unlocked but don't have the cash for it yet. not selling the t44 yet either cause i'm trying to unlock the other tank too. ugh the gun depression on the t44

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

ZeusCannon posted:

I made a down payment on no fun when i played the early french tanks. This is an investment.

yeah but once you get to the french lights :discourse:

très beau

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mesadoram posted:

I am probably not going to have enough tokens for the Cobra before they wipe it, so should I get the 777 or Loraine?

Edit: Or the Kunze, K-91.

if the lorraine is anything like it was when it was still in the actual tree, it's a fat blob with no armor that is also a riot to play

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

The Church 3 rules in a t5 game. Enough armor that half the tanks have to actually aim at weak spots and a gun that just shits out rounds

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i'm pretty sure i have 0 universal blueprints and never have had any but i also didn't play the game for like a 3 year period when they got introduced

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BadLlama posted:

Start a game by saying "I'm gay" if you want to just eat a chat ban yourself.

i've been chat banned like 5 times now and i couldn't care any less every single time. if anything it makes my game more enjoyable because i don't feel the need to tell people they're dumb

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mesadoram posted:

On a side note, I miss all chat :smith:.

yeah, all chat would make me miss being able to talk, but now since i can only yell at my teammates, idk

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BadLlama posted:

being able to tell people nice catch when you sky cancered them was something amazing

i'm pretty sure i was like 20% of getting all chat cancelled because i was an arty whore and loved poo poo talking people after i dunked on them

261 laser beam crew represent

e; this was all before they gave arty the secondary view too, even with mods

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 3, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

sauer kraut posted:

Out of all the vanilla 240 damage, single shot tier 8 tech tree meds the Indien was my least dreaded.
The weird V-shaped side armor makes it a superb sidescraper, as long as the enemy doesn't wise up and just aims for the turret.
The HEP ammo isn't too shabby either. At least it's got something

the pershing was great. the american medium line isn't my best line nor is it my favorite but they're all really loving solid at least up to the pershing. the e6 and t20 are two of my best played tanks.

i'm working on the t9 patton now and again, not my favorite but it's still a good tank

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i've had the bat-chat unlocked since the lorraine was before it and i've never bought it because i'm always broke. the only t10s i've bought have been the 261 and the is-4 and i ended up selling both after a few months because before bonds there was no real reason to play t10 random matches

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BadLlama posted:

Maybe they buffed it?

It is a down-tiered Pershing but with a poo poo engine last I recalled. As far as T7 premiums go its probably one of the best, but also its T7, so who cares.

If matching making was 0 or +- 1 I'd probably play a lot more T7 cause I do like a lot of T7, but gently caress fighting T9's at T7. Basically the same as if you were fighting T10s.

+0 matches in t7 is fun but yeah +2s are loving awful. i got Mastery in the Tiger the other day on like my 5th game with it because it was a +0 match and I ended up doing something like 4.5k damage

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i forgot how much i love the french autoloaders. just unlocked the 50 100 and already had every thing but the tracks unlocked from going through the batchat line. 6 shells in a clip fuckin rules

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yeah so i'm over the 65% threshold but don't see the mark on the barrel

i think it's also at least 100 games played with the tank

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

skaianDestiny posted:

Haven't they pulled all their operations out of Russia? They're a Belarus company.

I know their banking poo poo is done out of Belarus because my bank flags them for some reason and I have to use loving Nazi Thiel's paypal

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

this is why you just get chatbanned yourself, no need to install a mod. go apeshit on that e100 with 200dmg cause they were shooting HE that sat in the upper right corner trying to snipe stuff the whole round and make him feel bad while also alleviating some of your drunken 2 am rage

no that is not how my last game just went gently caress you

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

World of Warships has Unsinkable Sam, who was a real life ship's cat. Sam survived the sinkings of the KMS Bismarck, HMS Cossack and HMS Ark Royal before retiring to a sailors' home. The in-game commander just has a lot of cat sounds: purring when he sinks a ship, hissing when enemies are spotted etc.

You can bet your rear end I whaled the gently caress out when Sam became available for purchase.

The real life explanation for why you can have a ship captain cat and not a tank captain cat is that there is no loving way in hell a cat is going to not go absolutely berserk inside of a tank, whereas they have at least some room to move about within a ship, even if it is a closed room.

e; pretty sure i haven't heard of a submarine cat tho but i've heard of sub dogs.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Atomizer posted:

I played for the first time in like 6 months, although I hardly played any battles at all since last year. It still feels the same, although I'm slightly more clueless than I used to be. (I haven't taken an intentional break from the game, I just don't have time to play everything I want to.) The one thing that I'd forgotten about was the terrible Flash interface this game still inexplicably uses: it takes almost as long to load the garage after a battle than it does to play the battle! :doh:

i have the game on a pci-e ssd with 64gb of memory and it still takes like 45 seconds to actually load it

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Tagichatn posted:

I haven't played this game in years, have there been any positive changes recently? Crew 2.0?

nothing so major that if you didn't like it years ago that you'll be enamored with it now but there's been a handful of nice QoL stuff like your commander just automatically has sixth sense now

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mesadoram posted:

The S-51 used to be nicknamed "The Can Opener". But that was a long, long time ago.

Now-a-days, it is kind of just a middling arty.

the s-51 was loving hilarious back in the day. that line is one of the few i have to t10 and it was back when you could talk poo poo to the other team and any time i would one shot someone with it, i'd say "Nice Catch" and it would always end up with hate filled messages after the game

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i played more of the school bus than the S-51 cause IIRC the S-51 doesn't hold a lot of ammo and that was always an issue when the game went the full time. so many times playing the russian arty line would it be like me and one light tank left vs a heavy with half health and I'm out of ammo

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

JuffoWup posted:

I went school bus as well, but not because of ammo reasons, that never seemed to be the issue. It was the gun traverse arcs. Both have garbage tier bloom when the hull ever twitched. But the school bus had a wider gun arc over the s51. Traded for speed, but worth it.

the SU-5 is the one that would run out of ammo constantly but there were others in the line too that weren't great about it either. the 261 only held like 16 rounds, again IIRC, back in the day and you could be done with that in the Orbital Laser in around half the match if you were aggressive

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Fat Jesus posted:

Oh arty, I can't do SPG 15 for a T 55A it's too tedious and lol getting top exp when you spot nothing you shoot. Spend tokens i shall.

I’m not sure how I got spg15 but I got it in either the 261 or the school bus before the huge arty nerfs, I wouldn’t want to try doing it now.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Control Volume posted:

Every time I check up on this game it looks more and more like a lovely mobile game

i pop in maybe once a year and spend like $15 bucks on premium for a month, then put it away realizing i made a huge mistake

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What I don't get is that...it couldn't have been that expensive to get Robert Patrick to do some basic VO work. I get that after all the poo poo Dark Fate got that Linda Hamilton would've told them to gently caress off, and Arnie was probably too expensive to get again, but I'm pretty sure if they made a reasonable offer Patrick would've recorded a few T-1000 lines. It's not like the T-1000 had any catch phrases that could be sketchy from a legal standpoint.

didn't he only have like 2 or 3 lines in t2 though? like i know he's in the whole movie but he's mostly silent if i'm remembering right

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BIG HEADLINE posted:

A lot of older premiums, even T8s, need to be reclassified as T7s, and the FCM 50t is definitely one of those tanks.

Honestly, I'd say it probably would be better at T6 since a stiff breeze can penetrate it from pretty much all angles.

yeah, i have 3 older t8 premiums and they're all way overshadowed now, especially since they've also lost their premium mm too. lowe in a t10 game loving sucks

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

is the ISU-152 OP or am I just really good/lucky with it so far? 20 battles in an I have almost an 80% win rate and i had the top gun unlocked basically within like 10 battles

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Incredibly lucky, possibly not being a completely useless dogshit player being a factor. Not to downplay or discourage you but the loving thing can't even hit an average of a 47% WR, on any server, closest being NA.

FWIW I finished that grind with something around 53% WR, and I'll freely admit that platooning contributed to that. It's just fat & cumbersome with armour that only mattered 7+ years ago.

ive just been sniping with it cause of the dogshit armor, and i know the gun has a fat targeting circle, but i have way more luck with it than say the derp cannon on the kv-2

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am still at least 95% convinced there's some kind of hidden "how likely are shells to hit the center of the aiming reticle" value in WoT, because many Soviet tanks are way more accurate than their abysmal accuracy values would indicate.

that wouldnt surprise me, on the other side of that theory, there are some supposedly super accurate guns that feel like they scatter easily unless you're fully aimed

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Exactly! Like the British mediums? Can't snap for poo poo. The Grille? Can't hit anything for poo poo.

i've been suffering through the american arty line recently and i really miss my old soviet laser cannons in comparison, i'll rebuy the t10 at some point (because I am an idiot)

e: or maybe the school bus, that was always fun

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 27, 2024

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't get this game's players. Today I had a T9 game on Karelia, we had the T9 Polish TD on our team. Being played by a 54% WR player, too, so you'd think he'd know what he was doing. Yet there he was, camping on the redline. And not in a "I'll hang back for a minute or two to see where the match is going" kinda way, but in a "I'm sitting in the last bush on the map until 80% of my team's dead and then start moving".

Why the gently caress would you play a Polish TD if you want to camp on the redline, instead of ... you know, literally ANY other TD line in the game?

i had something similar yesterday. the end of the game comes down to me in my m44, another arty and a td who has been camping the whole time vs a single dicker max at full hp. we obviously drew cause the other arty went to try spot for me and got killed and by the time i got the useless TD to do a loving thing, time was up

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i feel like i've gotten better at this game after not playing it for a few years, either that or everyone else has got way loving worse. my win rate totally doesn't show though because i've also mostly been grinding my american arty and there's nothing there i can do to win a game. every other tank i've been playing is in like the 60-80% win range though. i got the 178B free through missions and i'm 100% after 6 games.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

also the new to me thing about missions unlocking discounts on t6-10 tanks fuckin rules. i've got a bunch of new things unlocked for cheap that i had just been sitting on the backburner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

started playing more of my scouts/artys and have taken to typing out "i'm gonna sit here and light people up or rain hell if you help me, i have a mod that lets me zoom way the gently caress out, please listen to me when i tell you to push and shoot" and i've been having a loving great night tonight. like playing an RTS with other people as the characters if they actually listen to me

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 30, 2024