Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So what's the verdict on the Pudel? Worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hellsau posted:

It's a premium VK3002M. Not worth paying money for, but probably fine when it'll be buyable for gold.

I need to reup for premium anyway so I figured I'd buy either the Pudel or the T28E/F-30 bundle that comes with premium + gold and get a cheap tank on the side. But yeah, premium VK3002M doesn't scream fun :)

E: also looks like the birthday sale is live. Are either the SU-100Y or Dicker Max any fun anymore?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 5, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

British TDs are loving hilarious. I unlocked the AT-2 and that thing is just a bounce monster. In my last game I tanked a KV-85, a Tiger and a Tiger 131 for ages, destroying the Tiger and the KV-85. Pubbie aiming, of course, but still.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Welp I finally had enough of my piece of poo poo Jagdpanther II in constant tier 10 games where even unlocking the 128 let alone the Jagdtiger would've taken me several hundred more games, and sold that loving piece of garbage. It was a fun tank when I occasionally faced tier 8 and 7 tanks!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 22, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

space pope posted:

I quite enjoyed it with the 128mm gun :/

Yeah it probably would've been decent with the 128 but... man. Like 95% of my games are the standard tier 10/9/8 games where the 88 is loving useless. Even if I shoot gold and go broke, I'll have trouble penetrating most tanks. So I'm getting gently caress all XP, especially since I have next to zero ability to influence the game and am at the mercy of pubbies, and thus lose more often than not.

Some mod I'm running estimates how long it'd take me to finish the unlocks (ie. unlock the 128mm) and how long to unlock the Jagdtiger. The figures for both were in the 450-500 game range. No loving way.

In more positive news I also unlocked the top gun on my Tiger II and learned how to play it, and it's an amazingly fun tank!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cartoon posted:

Share your Tiger II wisdom Sensai.

Hang way way way back, hide behind tougher tanks and hope enemies shoot at it, then enjoy your decent gun. I guess I'm kinda playing mine like a turreted TD right now.

For the longest time I was having a really hard time with it, but then it just suddenly clicked and I started having good games. It's my only tier 8 heavy so it might ACTUALLY be a horrible piece of poo poo and I just don't have a point of reference, but I'm liking it!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's the XP required to unlock the JT, 140k or something? Let's say it's 150k, that's just above 330 XP per game for it to take you 450 games...horseshit.

Yep! That's about how much XP I'd be getting in a loss match where I do ~400-500 damage (and often even less because I'd die before getting the chance to shoot once)? Not all my games were like that, but MANY of my games were. Couldn't penetrate poo poo, couldn't hit poo poo from the ranges I'd have to be shooting from not to get insta-murdered after my first shot.

Maybe it'd get better with the 128mm gun but with the 88 it was a loving horrible ding fest and the second gun upgrade is more of the same with much more expensive shells. It was a painful, horrible grind and I just didn't see much point in sticking with it when I have many more fun options to play.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 23, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Playing these new Chinese TD's is a bit of a laugh. The Tier II is utter poo poo but the Tier III is seemingly made for drinking pubbie tears once you get that 76mm. Just load HE and watch most same-tier targets pop open.

I played a couple of games with the tier 2 yesterday and had a horrible time. Just bum rushed by autocannons over and over while I try to plink away at them. I think I have PTSD now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's real fun. Not that fast or agile, but the gun is accurate, penetrates most things without gold ammo and has great dpm. Also apparently insane spotting values and great camo. I really like mine and don't regret buying it one bit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, when the stars align, the WZ-122 owns bones. It's generally a very fun tank! I think this is my best game so far. Could've done even better but I decided to leave our sniping perch to spot for a Jagdtiger and got overwhelmed, but we did end up winning the game largely due to the two of us.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I unlocked the Pershing, and had the second "best" 90mm gun unlocked from the T20 already. Should I slap on that or go for the 105mm and shoot HE until I can get the top 90mm? My gut says the former.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RanKizama posted:

I find the Japanese Tiger to be exceptionally okay. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. I kind of like how average it feels in almost every regard.

Is it different from the Tiger 131? Because I really like that tank! Well, most times.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RanKizama posted:

Ran a bunch of Tier IV matches in my SU-76G. Played well. Didn't matter. Tank winrate dropped from 100% to 38%. Good times.

Yeah, that's been my experience these past few days. I've gone from a 60%+ winrate to ~35% on some tanks, albeit only after some dozens of matches. But it's been loving hell.

E: doubly so because most of the time I'm a tier 7 in a tier 9 match or a tier 8 in a tier 10 match and I'm extremely reliant on my shitbox teammates who seem to spend most of their time having some kind of retarded Poland/Russia poo poo flinging match in team chat.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 12, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Started climbing the Japanese heavy tree because I'm capable of only the best decisions, and god drat the Type 91 is awful. Sub-medium armor, sub-heavy speed. The gun's decent but fat lot of good that does me when I inevitably get swarmed by Pz Ics and chewed to pieces.

And apparently the Type 95 is worse!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turmoilx posted:

xvm ruins everything AND WILL make you go insane from seeing red triple digit and double digit numbers

Boy ain't that the truth.

Recently the EU servers have been making me want to kill my team and then myself, because half (on a lucky day) of my team will be double digit efficiency rating bots, the other half will be Russian and Polish people team killing each other. My winrate has dropped significantly and it seems that almost every match is a complete loving blowout with one side (the one with actually decent players) winning by 12 or 13 kills and it's just luck which side you'll end up on.

XVM also proves that Wargaming don't take your rating into account AT ALL when matchmaking, because in 99% of my games one team will be 4/5 pure red and the other will be an actual team of decent humans, who will then proceed to utterly crush the other team.

Strike Anywhere posted:

If you have been playing games recently, don't forget to go to wargaming's tankrewards.com halloween deal and click on houses to get manual fire extinguishers.

Americans only, as usual, right?

E: also, it seems like there's some new bot making the rounds that doesn't give a fuuuuuuck about shooting teammates, because I've been taking a lot more friendly fire in recent days from sub 100 performance rating tomatoes who just try to shoot at the enemy through me. It's not a case of me driving in their line of sight just as they shoot either, it's like the bot just doesn't understand that there's a friendly in the way.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 5, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

Tooonnnnkkksssssss

I just bought the $20 131 package just for the Zero skill BiA crew so I could have one for the germans, I am a pile of poo poo.

The 131 is a fun tank to play though. Less so when you're bottom tier in a tier 8 match but when you're top dog, whoo boy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Life on the EU servers dot jpg. Seriously how the gently caress is this poo poo acceptable :(

I got four kills and tried to carry like a motherfucker, but ended up getting sniped by the 60G FT and a T67 I couldn't even see.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turmoilx posted:

thats a lot of brazilians, but show us high tiers

They're much better, very few utter tomatoes there. But getting there is loving painful.

But I have to say, ramming motherfuckers in my O-I Exp is hilarious. I just straight up ran over an Alecto and a Stug in my last game. I loving HATE artillery in this thing though. I'm so slow and relatively poorly armored that any braindead arty jock can drop 250-300 HP hits on me constantly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

serious gaylord posted:

I loved the AT-2 I had such a good time just holding W and murdering stuff with an under 2 second reload time.

The AT-2 is great fun when you're NOT the bottom tier in a tier 7 match, which has been the case for me recently.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't understand why so many pubbies have such a raging hard-on for the Type 59. It was great when it was released, but it was nerfed and then power creep and 3/5/7 matchmaking overtook it to such a point that I haven't even liked playing mine for ages.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Axetrain posted:

If you are seeing 3/5/7 in your type that doesn't put you at top tier then your game is broken and you should just quit HTH.

Eh that was partially my bad, I didn't remember the Type 59 has preferential matchmaking. I mostly play with friends who have normal tier 8s and those draw me into the bad matchmaking hopper.

And it's not like the tank is unplayable. It's a fun tank, but not worth the hysteria pubbies have surrounding it. It's not OP by any means and I'd bet most of them will absolutely hate it because it requires some skill to be effective.

serious gaylord posted:

It could be something completely new I guess?

People are speculating it'll be new German premium, Mauerbrecher. But who knows!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So, is the official line of this thread that the German Mini-Maus premium is gonna be terrible? I saw a bunch of people upset about weak spots on the official forums.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You know...just like premiums years ago, before the introduction of stupidly-overpowered ones.

Well sadly it doesn't come with a time machine so "hey this is how premiums should've been 3 years ago" kinda doesn't cut it anymore as a design principle. Everyone is shooting gold so armor is worth less and less unless it's brokenly good, and a huge insanely slow moving tank with weak spots the size of Texas is just a big loving easy target.

E: I mean I get what you mean: this is how Premiums SHOULD'VE been all along, and I agree with you! Remixes of their normal versions that serve as credit printers and crew trainers, but sadly that World of Tanks is long dead and gone, killed by a few years of increasingly OP premiums and really bad design decisions like "let's let everyone shoot gold like it's going out of style, oh and let's also make them have to do it". Unless they start to roll back those bad decisions (and they won't), the Mauerbrecher will just be a giant piece of poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 25, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hope no one was waiting for doubloon/gold equivalent from the WG holiday codes you'll be getting by email. All it gives in WoT is the free garage slot. No gold. In WoWs, if you already have the Albany, all you get is the port slot and a zero-point captain to take up a space in your reserve.

I still haven't even received any kind of code, and judging by Wargaming's track record at promotions I'm not holding my breath :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Atomizer posted:

That first dude is a total loving spaz, the 2nd is a sperg, and the 3rd is a racist homophobic sperg.... :magical:

I don't get that second guy. "Hmm, I just got shot the gently caress up by sitting on this hill top. Better duck down for a second and then go back to exactly where I was before, OH WHAT THE gently caress I GOT SHOT."

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

These changes sound loving bizarre and so bad. The tanks that have preferential treatment really need it for the most part. And I'm afraid that the gold ammo "price adjustment" isn't exactly going to be a massive cost increase, which will just make the gold spam so much worse.

And here I was, almost excited to check the game out at 1.0.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I really wish I'd bought a Defender back when they were on sale in early 2017.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh it actually looks like the Defender is being sold right now but only in the US store.

I can't decide if this is Wargaming EU loving over their playerbase once again, or actually protecting us :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tahirovic posted:

I actually bought a Defender a week ago when it went on sale and I find it was worth it. It's one of the best overall T8 tanks.

YEAH I BET!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

Hey the dumpster fire maurbecheraurs1488 is on sale again.

The general pubbie opinion on the official forums seems to be that it's not that bad, quite good actually.

Are they clueless again?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bought the AMX 13 57, figuring I'd drop my ancient and long forgotten French light crew into it. Turns out I must've deleted my ancient and long forgotten French light crew at some point, possibly while drunk.

So I guess I'll be playing with a 50% crew then :sigh:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RanKizama posted:

Christ, at least use credits and go in with an 80% crew.

Good call!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bought the VK 45.03 because I only make smart decisions, and so far it's been a real fun tank. The armor is made of paper but then Tigers kinda have to be played as snipers anyway, and the tank excels at that. The gun is very accurate, fires fast and has insanely quick aiming.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The EU 7th Anniversary thing seems to be a big old turdburger. There's some easy missions for free camo and consumables, which is cool and good. For this massive anniversary event they're offering the ELC EVEN 90 and the Lorraine 40t at standard prices.

E:

Also, the missions for the new Italian T8 tank have been spotted. There's two sets of missions: ones you can only do in a Tier 10 tank, and ones you can do in any Tier 6 - 10 tank. Tier 10 missions on the left / tier 6-10 missions on the right.

1) Get a High Calibre medal / Earn 5k base xp,
2) Block 4k damage 5 times / Earn 7k base xp,
3) Top on damage 5 times / 15k base xp
4) Get at least 850 base xp / 30k base xp
5) Block 4k 10 times / 35k base xp
6) Get High Calibre 5 times / 35k base xp
7) Top on xp once / 40k base xp
8) Top damage 20 times / 45k base xp
9) Get 850 base xp 20 times / 50k base xp
10) Top on XP 20 times / 50k base xp

312k base XP is a loving ASSLOAD IMO.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 11, 2018

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Barry posted:

Every day, for two weeks.

Towards the end of 2017 I first did the very grindy premier ship marathon they had in World of Warships, then for good measure decided to grind the free XP to unlock the USS Missouri before it went away (basically you had to pay 750 000 free XP to unlock a pretty good tier 9 premium ship, after which it would cost 1 credit) and that month killed my interest in playing the game at all. I don't think I've even logged in after that.

So I think I'll pass, especially when this event will drag out all the mouth breathing tomato pubbies, meaning I'll be loving lucky to win 50% of your games, meaning I'll probably be getting closer to 200-300 base XP for ~half my matches.

NOPE. I already have a paid job. If the Prosciutto is a fun tank, I'll just loving buy it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ROFLburger posted:

sorry you'll have to forgive me i'm having an arty meltdown

I feel you. I was grinding my O-I Exp yesterday and it's such a huge loving pain. The second I get spotted (and I'll get spotted when someone blinks in the next county) I lose ~70% of my HP to artillery.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

28 games played, 8 wins.

Boy it sure is a 5x weekend all right!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't get the design philosophies in this game. I'm slowly climbing the British TD tree and I'm up to the AT 2 which is a slow shitbox with a crappy gun but supposedly good armor.

Yet every time I try to play in it, one or two idiot pubbies try to shoot at me with normal ammo from the front, and everyone else just peppers me with gold ammo which seemingly goes through the front with no problems, from any range.

Seriously and honestly: what the gently caress am I supposed to do in tanks like this? What is my intended counterplay?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

serious gaylord posted:

Also why the gently caress are you playing that TD line now the deathstar is gone. Its a terrible grind for a terrible tier 10. There are literally NO good tanks in that line to play and the only reason anyone ever suffered it was for the FV-183.

Old habits die hard, I guess. I started the climb ages ago because I wanted the Tortoise, which is one of my favourite tanks. I guess my time could be better spent elsewhere!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hellsau posted:

The AT-2 is basically unplayable since the view range nerf, since you can't even see the tanks in front of you to shoot back at them. This is coming from #1 AT-2 driver NA

Cool stuff, Wargaming.

Is the other British TD line any good, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

2Jets posted:

Time to reroll your statbadding account with an op tier 8 premium tank as your main credits earner. Defenders are good.

*NOT VALID IN EUROPE BECAUSE WARGAMING EUROPE REFUSES TO SELL THE DEFENDER FOR VAGUE REASONS.