Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

The Lord of Hats posted:

Now, I am admittedly Extremely Bad At Tanks, but am I right in thinking the VK 16.02 Leopard is a pile of garbage that exists to be blown up? I started going down that line because gotta go fast, but I can't find any redeeming qualities, and it is always, always at the absolute bottom of the list.

Light tanks get matchmaking like a tank a tier above. So you'll quite often be bottom, and absolutely never on top. Don't use your gofast abilities to get into trouble quickly though. Use it to get to spotting positions, and make sure you stick the 3cm gun on the thing. You can squirt out 360 damage in a couple of seconds, and you have the speed to get behind poo poo to make sure all those shots pen. The reload is a killer, but it'll kinda prepare you for the French autoloaders.

Tl;dr: look for something to flank that's not paying attention, clip it, run the gently caress off while reloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Zanziabar posted:

That mission text is misleading as poo poo then. The mission text for SPG 8 is for an enemy vehicle, not specifically a tank destroyer. Is there anything else I need to know about that mission?

It's your session stats mod, it's making the wrong mission text appear for some of the missions. Reup your yasenkrasen or whatever and you should get the right ones.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Hellsau posted:

After a game is won, there are 5 seconds. If any tank dies, that 5 seconds starts again. You can use this to win after the enemy capped if you get lucky enough.

I've lost a couple of games to this. I'm the only remaining tank, and I cap for the win, but before the 5 seconds were up one of the defenders rushing in snapped a shot into my cupola and killed me off. GG.

Another time both teams were capping, ours was in the lead, we hit 100 and got the exclamation point, and the enemy team still had 10sec left. Then my dudes shot and killed an enemy tank...and then another tank...and another OH MY GOD and it was a draw. GG

Those loving 5 seconds man.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

OSad posted:

Man, this 4000 spotting damage light mission is no joke.

That's seriously like, once every hundred-and-fifty games for me. That's a lot of spotting to just get on a whim.

You'll be happy to know that the final light mission for the next tank, the T28 Concept, is 5k spotting damage! Gonna go ahead and assume T55 is 6k.

WayAbvPar posted:

Wait for Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient. If you are a super fast light, you can get to the bushes in the 1 line midway up the edge of the map and sit quietly. Unless another light drives really close, you are invisible. Sit there until the rest of the enemy lights buzzing around in the middle get blowed up and then you can creep down the 1 line from bush to bush until you find a camping TD or heavy. Let your team destroy him. Repeat.

Getting to that bush has been a bit of a loving chore lately, with 3-4 light tanks per team. Chances are someone on the enemy team will go for it as well, or will be active spotting mid and getting there just before you reach the bush. That said, I had a tier 10 battle on the map just yesterday, where my team had like 10 TD's who all went to the southwest corner, and the enemy Bulldog got the bush and 7.5k spotting damage.

Atal Vataman posted:

I seriously dont understand why they are touching shot dispersion. Surely there are better ways of countering snapshots... This sounds dumb as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG9OtzEa27g

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Yeah there are probably better ways of countering snapshots but tbh I'll take this.

The best thinig would be to gently caress dispersion of shots that are aimed in less than 50% or some arbitrary numbers. If you aim a bit it'd be unchanged, if you snapshot you will probably shoot the moon. I guess the programming for that might be a tad hard to do or something? Personally I said the accuracy change would make snapshots loving annoying even before the change went in, and at last they're doing something!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

JuffoWup posted:

On the other hand, I'm worried about artillery. In particular the lower tier minimal splash artillery. They are hard to drive as it is due to the 8.4 accuracy adjustment, bloom values, and the faster pace at those tiers. More near misses is going to cause a lot of free-xp to high tier artillery or at a minimum, everyone playing kv-2s for the s-51.

I don't see how this is a problem.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

JuffoWup posted:

The bat 155 58 and 261 are the only artillery that can get away with it. However, setting up a single clip of ap on the bat is silly which leaves the 261. Although, I think the bat's is heat and not ap. Still not worth it.

Not only does the bat get HEAT instead of AP, but it gets 185-pen HEAT. Yes, that is the correct number. I have no loving clue what they thought would be the point of those shells, especially when the average damage also goes from 1250 on the HE to 720 on the HEAT, nearly halved.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

The Southern Dandy posted:

I'm going to punch you in the face.

I'm not afraid! I mean, since you're in arty, you'll probably just miss :v:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Cippalippus posted:

Ugh, the T28 missions become pretty tedious really fast.

No poo poo. A lot of them is just "Same as the StuG mission, but +1". When the StuG was kill 2 then kill 3 ain't so bad. But then you get poo poo like the arty mission where you have to track a thing and have it die before it fixes its tracks....and for the T28 you have to do that twice in one battle.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

OSad posted:

Those T-55A missions are going to be a doozy. See you all in six months or so!

You know the StuG arty mission where you have to hit 2 tanks with one shot? The T28 Concept mission is hit 3 tanks with one shot. T55 mission...hit 4? Then....5?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

also gently caress like 95% of battleship players. Literally incapable of doing any thing.

So...just like WoT then?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Mammoths are universally driven by loving retards, I've died in so many battles with just under 3300 damage in my Polar Bear because the stupid fucks aren't looking, or don't do what they should be doing with that lovely gun, which is shoot heal shells

Foxes are the healers man!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

maev posted:

How is this new German light tank line, with the Leopard and the RU-251? Is it a decent choice for shooty light tanks?

The RU-251 is pretty awesome. Speedy, maneuverable, with a gun that's a step up from the Pershing's 90mm. No armor whatsoever, and everyone shoots light tanks, but fun nonetheless. The Awfulpanther is pretty loving awful, in being a Panther without armor using the Konisch, and having a huge engine. You get around, but you stick out like a sore thumb, and driving it you realize that the real curse is that pubbies will ALWAYS shoot the light tank because ez kills mang. The Leopards beyond the RU are papertanks as well, and trade a bit of the speed of the RU for bigger guns.

Magres posted:

If that's the case I may have already gotten five or six RUSHR guys banned, they did the same thing in IS6s and I reported it :getin:

WG has stated that finishing missions by fixing them like that is a bannable offense, so do indeed send in a ticket with the replay.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

maev posted:

can I do all the LT missions in the Luchs. This is my only question

Technically yes. However, some of the missions have requirements like "Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 2,000 HP of damage to the vehicles spotted by you." The higher tier the light you're in, the more potential damage.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Gervasius posted:

I haven't played FCM outside of the test server, but it feels even better. It is significantly faster and more mobile, but has less RoF. Also, it has no preferential MM so there's that.

Uh, the FCM has a RoF of 8, the CDC has a RoF of 8,22. As for speed...the FCM is nearly 55t and has 1000hp engine. The CDC weighs a tad over 34t, and has a 1200hp engine.That said, even though it's much faster than the FCM it's not that fast. It's still a medium, and feels like a fast medium, despite having a hp/t ratio of a light.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

WoT Blitz report: No surprise, pubbies are loving stupid there as well. Took me three battles to get my first win, and in each loss the situation was that of the enemy top MS-1 in this screenshot:

Kinda good to know they're terrible everywhere, I guess?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Armored Warfare beta client links have been sent out, check your emails.

Nope. :saddowns:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Vorkosigan posted:

If so, Day 1 Montana class go go go.

You'll be in queue for 5 minutes, and then you'll get into a 1vs1 battle against some dude who did the same free exp spree.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Does anyone have any experience running tanks in portrait mode? I switched my monitor today and got mini-tanks. It's like WoT reversed the aspect ratio for the game graphics, yet all the fonts for text are normal:

Settings -> Graphics -> Screen Aspect Ratio ?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

kemikalkadet posted:

Someone who isn't in the beta try this and see if it works. I wonder if it's just that they let people with beta access into it or if it's accessible from regular wargaming accounts. I don't have any bandwidth allowance until next month or I'd try it myself.

I haven't been in on the beta weekends, and it's not working for me. Oh well.

In other news, if anyone has a friend they're looking to torture invite to the game, there's a new invite code going on: http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/16706-begin-your-unicum-journey-in-style-with-the-wotlabs-invite-code/
(NA only apparently)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Baby's first chatban!

I'm kinda surprised it's taken this long. I'm generally not shy about telling people how worthless they are and that arty should go kill itself and stuff like that. No idea what actually brought this ban on though. I mean, secually excplicit content? I don't remember doing that at all...any way I can find out exactly what I got banned for?

Edit: jesus loving christ this is the most terrible thing ever. I just watched a 10k 54% dude with 60% in his Chaffee park behind a JT88 and proceed to bounce off him repeatedly, since the dumb gently caress was autoaiming and not shooting the goddamned ammo hatch at the back. So he switched to HE. 30 seconds later the JT88 has lost like 200hp. And I'm chatbanned and couldn't tell the guy to stop being a loving retard. UGH.

Valle fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 1, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

I don't know if I can play this game while chatbanned....being unable to tell the team what a steaming pile of poo poo they are is intolerable!

Edit:

This does not work for me at all. And I've just updated mods.

Valle fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 1, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Cardiac posted:

Considering that I have done 4k spotting damage in a VK4502B, a Bulldog should have minor problems with it.

Considering the VK4502B is basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4AFQc4ZrvA it's not exactly hard to get 4k spotting damage. Drive into dumb pubbies, profit. The Bulldog however, will get ammorack damage and explode if someone sneezes in its general direction. So it relies a lot more on not being seen/shot. It's also not got the best camo, but at least it's miles better than the awfulpanther!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Missing Name posted:

I'm stuck on that loving "heavy go cap and also shoot things lots of times" mission.

HT-7. It sounds like some sort of chemical warfare designation. Nope, it's WG's latest psychological terror campaign.

For the StuG IV? You'll be happy to know that for the T28 Concept they took it from 1k damage and cap, to 2k damage and cap. :downs:

In other news, the loving pubbies just do not want to win:

It was encounter, my platoonmate sat in cap for 2min trying to stave off the enemy team capping us out, then they finally pushed in and killed him. Meanwhile I was killing half the enemy team all by my lonesome! gently caress, one more shot and I would've finished TD-15, but they capped us out.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Uranium 235 posted:

Yeah, I'm stuck on this bullshit mission. I'm pretty frustrated because I've come within 20 damage of satisfying the requirements of that mission on four different occasions. That's what I get for trying to grind it out with my KV-1S and Churchill III.

I've also tried it with my IS-3, KV-5, and T-34, but I haven't had much luck. It's a lot easier to deal enough damage, but I'm finding it harder to end matches by capping at higher tiers.

You really really want a platoon for this. Go the flank lesser travelled, make sure they let you do your damage, then pile on the cap. 3 people capping is one hell of a lot easier than trying for it solo.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Top news item on worldoftanks.com is about a short survey you can take and thus be in the drawing for prizes. One of the question is what you think they can do to make the forums better. I answered that they should ban anyone below 52% wr from posting. Maybe if we all do that they'll do it? No? Well, a guy can dream, right?

Edit: Got a reply on why I was chatbanned:

WGNA Support posted:

Based on your chat logs of:
AlleviatedRisk 2015-01-29 10:04:59 (2015-01-29 02:04:59) if I wanted my comeback, I'd scrape it off your mom's teeth

We have determined your sanction has been handled properly.

Valle fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 3, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Chillyrabbit posted:

Isn't there a way to rename your crew men manually?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/96589-modifying-crew-name/

Talks about renaming it without paying gold.

On the crew info there's a tab for it. But you select names from a list, can't type in whatever you want.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Chillyrabbit posted:

Uh, the post I linked talks about opening up game files and renaming it since what you see is only client side. How else do people have anime girl names for their tankers?

Right, my bad.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Dustoph posted:

Is there a list of best tanks per tier? I haven't played in a long time, and the tree has grown so much, that I'm overwhelmed in figuring out which tanks to keep, get, or go for. Ideally I'd like to have 2 good tanks per tier on hand, and more if they are also tits. Like I remember the T4 Leopard being cool back when. I'm sure this would change a lot, but appreciate any advice.

Edit: Is the KV-1 with the big gun still hilariously fun?
Wall of text inc!

The Leopard light is still great fun. Use the new 3cm gun option on it. It's an autoloader that takes a while to reload, but then you'll spew out 12 shells in about 2sec, with 95pen and 30 damage (so 360 damage if all pens). Passive/active scout at beginning, then look for poo poo with 200ish hp, charge in and put a clip in their rear end and run off to reload. Also, light tank matchmaking is now only 1 tier higher than other tanks. And if you weren't even around for that they tightened the overall matchmaker to be +/- 2, so all tanks will only see tanks 2 tiers above themselves at most (except lights who get 3 tiers up).

The KV-1 you're talking about is probably the KV-1 with the barnturret and the 152mm derp. This option does no longer exist, as the it was split in the tier 5 KV-1 and tier 6 KV-2. They're both still good tanks, and with the MM changes the KV-2 (which has the old 152mm derp) will only see tier 8 at most, where the old KV-1 would get tier 9 battles. As for a tank writeup...could do a quick'n dirty one I suppose:

Japanese tanks are mostly all rubbish. The tier 8 STA-1 is a bit like a Pershing with better pen standard rounds. Will bounce less off its mantlet though, since it's smaller. I hear the tier 10 STB-1 is good at least, and I've seen them played well.

Chinese tanks you start off with sundry knockoffs of USSR tanks (and one US), which generally play like their USSR counterparts but with slightly less gun depression. The tier 6-8 light tanks are good fun tanks, though they've been slightly overshadowed by recently released new tanks. WZ-120 is good, WZ-111 1-4 is good as well, while both tier 10 tanks are a bit...meh. Not bad, just...not great either.

French tanks, forget about the TD line. They have kinda good guns but ridiculous aimtimes, and the front armour seems good at tier 7+ but it rarely stands up to anything. Heavy line the BDR G1B is surprisingly good now that it doesn't get shat on by matchmaker any more. Its top gun is easily one of the heaviest hitters in its tier, though its armor won't stand up to much and it's kinda huge. Tier 8+ are autoloaders and if you can use those they're all pretty good. Light/med line they're all more or less good from the ELC and up. 13 75 is the worst one for me, since it's a bit more mobile than the 12t but the gun is the same. Some people hate the Lorraine because it's such a deviation from the previous lights, but just remember that it's not the previous lights and you'll be fine. The tier 10 is still awesome. The french arty is the most accurate in the game, but also the lowest damage per shell. The tier 10 arty has an autoloader and is somewhat viable.

British tanks medium line is more or less good from tier 5 and up. Personally I didn't really take to the Centurions, but several people do. The tier 5-6 are pretty fast, then tier 8+ they're slower than the mediums of other nations. The tier 10 is kinda meh, but will be getting replaced at some point. The TD line ending in the FV215b 183 are all slow bricks from tier 5, that'll test your will to live. Tier 5-9 barely sees an increase in front armor, but you'll be facing bigger and bigger guns. Also huge weakspots. Did I mention they're slow? Imagine a whole line of tanks being like the US T28. The tier 10 deathstar is less relevant since they nerfed its HESH pen, but can still gently caress up anthing it shoots. The new TD line ending in the FV4005 is basically the medium tanks with slow turning turrets and TD guns. Paper armor. FV4005 is faster than the FV215b 183, gets the same gun. Can't really recommend any of the brit TD's as they are now. Heavy line's a bunch of Churchills with the tier 6 one being the turd. Barely an upgrade from the tier 5 (3 more pen and 5dmg per shot? all right!), the Black Prince is good but still pretty loving slow. Caern at tier 8 has high RoF but less damage per shot than any other heavy in tier (gets the same gun as the tier 8 med, really). Then the tier 9 is loving awesome due to its unaparalleled gun handling. Squishy as hell for a heavy, but man that gun handling! Tier 10 get rear turret but still squishy. Struggles to be better than the tier 9 since it gets higher matchmaking but no real advantages. Brit arty is painful and great. Bit of both. FV304 is the fastest arty in the game, with great arc, and 500m range. Yes, you actually have to be right at the edge of spotting to shoot poo poo, but the great arc means you can shoot people in places no other arty could hit. The higher tiers are more normal, but higher arc is a thing all the way. CGC at tier 10 is basically a T92 with higher arc to hit poo poo trying to hide.

USSR tanks, now have 3 tier 10 mediums to choose. They're all pretty good and similar. T-54 is better than ever with the new gun option. The new A-43 to Obj 430 line has some rear-turret mediums, with turrets that don't go all the way around. Still work pretty good, but really terrible gun depression. The tier 8, the pancake tank, basically gets the good gun of the T-54, and on-the-move camo comparable to some light tanks. And much better camo stationary. The heavy line has as you can see been split into two lines. The line ending in the IS-7 is the faster but less armored line, while the line ending in IS-4 is the slower brick tanks line. IS-7 is easily better than the IS-4 though. The old TD-line is still pretty awesome, with the BL-10 from tier 8 up. The new line has rearmounted guns with gently caress'all depression. Faster TD's with lower-alpha faster-firing guns. Usually doesn't work out as well as it sounds, partially due to the poo poo gun depression. But the tier 10 is great fun. New Object 268 coming on the heels of the 704 is more agile and faster, but the gun is practically the same, if not slightly worse after some nerfs. The arty line is big hitters in the higher tiers, with very narrow traverse. With the arty nerfs, this means an awful lot of aiming in. Tier 10 gets a slightly smaller gun than the tier 7-9 (which share the same gun), but much more accurate!

German arty line is a bit like the USSR in the higher tiers. GW Panther gets great arc but then it's narrow with big guns. Tier 10 gets same size gun though, bit of a middle ground for accuracy and splash among arty. The two medium lines end in the fairly fast and heavily armored for a medium E-50M, and that line hasn't really changed much since you were last around I think. The new medium line ending in the Leopard 1 has a much faster and more agile tier 10, with absolutely no loving armor. Not for everyone, but I like it. The old TD-line is mostly unchanged, except for the availability of the JP2 at tier 8, which is basically a much faster but less armored option to the Ferdi. Same gun. JP E100 at the end, Jagdzilla, is built on the E-100 gun and pretty drat slow. Well armored, and a huge fuckoff gun. loving huge but can be good in the right hands. The new TD line is filled with awesome, except for the turd at tier 7 (which is ok once you get the top gun). The tier 8 is a turreted TD with some of the best goddamned camo in the game. And since you have a turret you don't break it by turning. The tier 9 gets a gun upgrade but is otherwise worse in every way. They could easily have switched the tier 8 and 9 and people would think it was better that way. Then the tier 10 is an E-100 hull with the biggest turret ever on top (gun shield really) that has no loving armor, but houses an autoloader selection of the JagdTiger's 128mm or the E-100's 150mm. Both will squeeze out about 3k damage in less than 10 seconds. This thing is apparently getting switched for something less retarded in the future. The heavy line ending in the Maus is considered the inferior line, mostly because the Maus' armor has kinda been reduced by gold rounds for credit, and the E-100 is just so much better. The Vk4502B just saw a buff though, and both the UFP and LFP are now 200mm. Tiger has had serious RoF buffs. Tiger II is still good but less reliable armor due to new tanks with higher pen and the whole gold rounds for credits. E-75 kicks all kinds of rear end. The light line kinda tapers off a bit with the Vk2801, since the 105mm derp lots its heat pen. And the AwfulPanther at tier 7 is a panther with no armor but a huge engine so its' fast. Also a tiny turret fitting the Konisch, which was great at tier 6 but kinda not so much when you're facing tier 10 tanks a lot. The tier 8 Ru 251 is loving fantastic though, and well worth the grind.

And finally US tanks. The new tier 9 arty, the M53/55 is basically better than the T92. At tier 9. Don't ask. The new Chaffee is a shadow of its former self, but the two tanks following it are pretty drat good. Then the tier 8 is a gimmick of being a fast light with the 152mm derp known from the KV-2. The light/medium/heavy line is autoloaders from tier 7 and up, and pretty solid, though the T69 requires some liberal goldspam to be good. T57 is great at tier 10, with a 4-clip autoloader pushing out 1600 damage in 6 seconds, and then reloading in 22-23sec. The TD line ending in the T110E4 is pretty drat great all the way, except for the T28 Proto which is a drag to drive due to how loving slow it is. And the T110E4 is a bit meh. The T110E3 line is also pretty good, but lacks turrets after the tier 6 one. T28 is also slow, and T95 even slower. T110E3 is a bit faster at least. Difference: E4 gets a turret and is faster, E3 gets armor and faster reload, slightly better accuracy and shorter aimtime. Medium line is pretty good from tier 5 up, though the Pattons at tier 9 and 10 feel a bit underwhelming in comparison to pretty much all the other mediums in the game. Not really bad, just...meh. Heavy line is still good, though the T110E5 is a bit less relevant since they buffed the IS-7 a bit. But still good tanks.

Aaaand that's it. Should give you something to work towards at least. Quick tier keeper breakdown:
Tier 5 - M4 Sherman/PzIV H (about the same with the derp), StuG III G, ELC AMX, KV-1 (I didn't keep my KV-1 though, ymmv).
Tier 6 - Hellcat, SU-100, T-34-85/Type 58.
Tier 7 - T29, T20, Comet, Tiger, possibly Panter, IS, IS-2 and KV-3.
Tier 8 - T32, Pershing, Rhoomba, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, ISU-152, Object 416, IS-3, WZ-132.
Tier 9 - T54E1, Conqueror, E-75, VK4502B, AMX 50 120, Object 704, T-54, WZ 111 1-4.
Tier 10, look at the stuff I've written above.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Animal posted:

So whats the best artillery tech tree to complete the missions? I haven't played artillery since beta because clickers are subhuman scum.

When you get to the T28 mission that is "Damage 3 tanks with 1 shell" you'll really want a T92, M53/55 or CGC. Other arty can do it, sure, but...yeah. Then there are missions like "3 consecutive hits" with arty, which I did in the leFH. So you'll probably need multiple arty...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Jack_tripper posted:

why are mornings on NA such a cesspool compared to later in the day? are more drunks playing, or perhaps actual retarded people? every game is like 29 v 1

It's the same all the time, really. Bad mornings is just confirmation bias. :)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Vorkosigan posted:

I'm fine with that accuracy change, actually. Looks like a lot less lucky pubbie snapshots, but still works for people who take the time to aim.

I dunno, that image makes me think it'll make gently caress'all difference. The huge majority of shots will still happen in the same area of the reticle, with some of the dead center shots spread slightly outwards. But at the same time there will be less edge shots for some reason. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not exactly filled with confidence.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

The Southern Dandy posted:

So shoot more gold in arty? Done!

Had a game on Windstorm in the M53/55. West spawn. See a T-54 in northern part of middle. And another one. Hmm...check team list...they're platooned, with a Patton as the third. Hang on...aim...aim...patton is lit with them...AIM FASTER DAMNIT COME ON COME ON *click* YESSS! Damage 3 tanks with 1 shell, get!

That feeling man...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

WitchFetish posted:

Ask me about having to spot 6 tanks without getting spotted at any time ever, minimum tier 6.

F
U
N

I don't see that mission in the list for the T-55 missions...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Atal Vataman posted:

this patch = rip snapshots btw. it sucks

Best thing I've heard in years!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Hold up hold up hold up.

Triple crew skill tomorrow. Not for first victory of the day - it's just triple crew exp; all day on any tank. That's pretty tight.

Read again man. It's not for tomorrow, it's FROM tomorrow, and until wednesday.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Jack_tripper posted:

6 games in and this might be my new favorite tank; why are they nerfing it again?

They're not nerfing it much, really. If you use the autoloader anyway. Going from 32 to 36sec reload is like 12% increase. But if you use the non-autoloader gun it's in the 22% range. Basically the DPM drops from 2571 to 2071. That's drat near 25% drop, and the DPM of the autoloader is suddenly comparable. While clipping it's vastly superior. So...in short, get the autoloader and forget about there being a nerf at all.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

This isn't even my final form! (stock except for upgraded radio)

Gotta love starting west, crossing the field, and have tanks driving in there to try to kill you. 1024 on the WT4, 1650 on the T30, 1172 on the 704. E-100 was afk (drove off cap and into map border, crashed?) and I spotted it at the end, 2339 spotting damage. Now if only this had been in a light tank while I was on LT-15...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

WitchFetish posted:

That's why WG refuses to allow 5 tanks super platoon. A platoon of 5 dedicated, above average players who communicate with one another and want to actually fight and not sulk in the back waiting for one tank to wander in front of their guns will absolutely wreck any team of random, disorganized, low-morale, low motivation pubbies, and if the "skill level" of the game just ever so slightly rises, WG will see its profits diminish.

Seriously, what would you rather have on your team, 1 or 2 2800 wn8 unicums that will farm wn8, or 5 green/teal players in one big platoon that will push a flank and never stop pushing?

I thought they changed their thought on it so that it'd be 15vs15 with 3 superplatoons on each team, no superplatoons in "normal" battles (so it'd be like wintermode). But then they decided to scrap that as well. I guess the MM would explode if they tried or something?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Dalael posted:

Do they even provide a reason for that? I mean, wtf do they care if people have multiple accounts since you're technically only playing one at a time. The way I see it, as long as people pay for gold ammo and crap like that, wargamming shouldn't be giving a poo poo.

Unless they don't like it in order to cater to the playerbase who think that having good stats at W.o.T makes them somebody in real life?

Maybe so if you get banned for something you can't just jump on the next account? I dunno. And if they were catering to the playerbase with regards to stats, wouldn't they allow it so people could reroll to pretend to be better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Atal Vataman posted:

AMX mobility is nice, but the lack of armour is troublesome. Just had a pretty neat game on Northwest where i basically drove around the entire map twice to secure the win. Lucky bounce at 1hp too D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Jwz1_HWMA

still processing or something, will be higher res fairly soon. crosshair is a bit jumpy in replays it seems.

results:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1624415

Nice game there. The crosshair jumping seems to be the serverside reticle. Whenever I have it turned on in settings, but don't have a serverside reticle mod installed, the regular reticle will act like that and move really jerkily.