Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Nothing special, just the fifth crew member for the fifth class line. 4 lines with secondaries unlock the tank and the extra commendations do nothing.

E: wait you get a medal for getting a lot of missions completed with honours

Oh, for some reason I thought that that got you the fifth crew member. So you get a crew member per line completed, and that has nothing to do with secondaries? Because if that's true, wow. Arty isn't great for the game and is often terrible to play but another female crew member would easily be worth it, given the Sisterhood of Battle perk or whatever it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

I don't know if anyone else here plays Men of War Assault Squad 2, but an expansion was just released featuring third person tank combat--with mans, machine guns, and nebelwerfers even. For reference, Men of War is an RTS (with direct control capability). It's great fun, probably not worth :10bux:, but as someone who also plays World of Tanks it's an interesting change of pace. And still better than War Thunder: Ground Forces :v:

rockopete fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 20, 2015

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

McGavin posted:

It's only getting what, a 10m view range nerf? Binocs should still be useful. Definitely not optics though.

Edit: Pity the Obj. 268, which is getting nerfed down to 370m.

Long past time to pity that thing, I'm not even going to bother buying it once I'm done the 704 grind.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

Thanks for the replies on getting better. So far, I've been doing a lot of reading (all my bathroom reading) on the wiki and other guides. I've also been watching reviews by the Mighty Jingles. I have been learning weakspots, but still mostly clueless on the options for a tank's gun when they're on an enemy's tank. I do use consumables, and thankfully keep them bound to the same keys on every tank.

I think where I'm failing is jumping from tank to tank when I play. I have a bunch of different trees open and rush from tank to tank trying to get the x2 daily bonus on them all. I should really be focusing on one or two tanks in an evening. I'm also going to stop heading back to the garage when I die unless it's a team of complete shitters.

If someone hasn't mentioned him already, Zeven (here on the left along with other decent streamers) is a great resource cause he explains every move he makes, informative for both tanks and maps.

And make sure you have, at the very least, a view/render range mod and an autoaim assist mod (changes autoaim so that rather than needing you to mouse over the tank to activate it, the tank nearest your cursor is selected, very handy in the heat of battle). Definitely available via the excellent OMC modpack and I think Aslain's also, probably others as well.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

buzzsaw.gif posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/1120-Skirmish_7/single_eliminations/527392-Bravo_Playoff_2/?draw=1

Something tells me that nobody realizes that this is tonight and we will not be fielding a team. c/d?

It's been on my mind, so we have two so far.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Foxtrot_13 posted:

This weekend so far I have been getting a 50% success rate for calling out fail platoons. It seems to get up pubbies noses when you call them out on their stupidity. I try to work princess and crying into the reply and that gets them going.

Added points for being top three tank every time as well.

Please keep doing this. Failplatoons are the worst.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Oi PANSY, another round tonight. Try to be there on at 9:45 or earlier, match actually begins about 10.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Just freexp'd the last 12,000 of the AMX 12t so I could use the light sale and crew training discount, and holy poo poo I'm glad I did. ELC is zippy and small and fun to tool around in but for battles it's just not my thing, that TD-'turret' especially. The 12t is a glorious upgrade, glad I didn't quit the line.

Dukket posted:

Pros and cons? Other packs worth looking at? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to stick with Quickybabys.

kemikalkadet posted:

I use Aslains. If you get the installer version it has basically every mod you'd want in it and you can pick and choose to make something that works for you. Pretty much everything has an example screenshot if you click on more details so you don't have to go by trial and error.
https://www.aslain.com

OMC is just like this, convenient installer with all the mods and previews for most of them. I use OMC but they're both good, just different flavors, you can't go wrong if you choose one of the two.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Prav posted:

I'm glad that we're finally giving the 12t its due.

I'm sure it's good on its own, but right now I'm just so happy it's not the ELC. My only other autoloader is on the 59-16, a one-off great for terrorizing scouts and artillery but not much beyond that. Grinding up a 6th sense French crew during the 8-bit event was a wise decision.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

kemikalkadet posted:

#JustUnicumThings

So was he trying to arc his shells over the rock to hit other tanks, or trying to counter-battery you? I can't decide which one is more :downs:

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

No he was alleging arty was cheating by shooting through the rock, and he was trying to do it back

Why do I always give pubbies the benefit of the doubt. I think my brain simply refused to entertain that he could actually be that stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

New physics videos are interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQ-3ETK08I

So essentially if you get enough practice you can do a 90 slide around a corner thus not showing your tracks to the enemy and look ballin as poo poo as you enter the fight.

Heaviums are going to get so much more fun, I can't wait to take out my IS-3 in cities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQ-3ETK08I&t=329s