Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
So I just started this game, and I can't tell how much I should be hoarding my various resource points - is it worth it to upgrade any given tank or should i be saving up for something specific?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
So I've played this game for a bit over a month now and I'm having a hard time with any Tier 6 tanks because I'm playing this game 100% solo. This game feels like it would be way easier of you ever coordinated, but pubbies just assume everyone knows what to do/where to go and argues via map pings

Are any goon clans still active? Is there a better way?

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

US Foreign Policy posted:

So I've played this game for a bit over a month now and I'm having a hard time with any Tier 6 tanks because I'm playing this game 100% solo. This game feels like it would be way easier of you ever coordinated, but pubbies just assume everyone knows what to do/where to go and argues via map pings

Are any goon clans still active? Is there a better way?

I just bought my T92 HMC.

I've spent 0$ on this game.

US Foreign Policy fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 12, 2021

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Atomizer posted:

Eh, an SPG is a pretty lovely vehicle for your first tier 10, and is definitely a waste of female crew (and Cuck Norris,) but beyond that, congrats man! :toot:

SPG is the only thing I play. I've got tier 10 American, and Tier 8 everyone else. I dont think I have above tier 5 in anything else.

:krad:

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
So a Hummel tagged my Fv304 and was out of counter-battery range

https://i.imgur.com/XVObdTF.mp4

RE: Arty chat - if you're not playing the English and throwing AP shells then you're doing it wrong

US Foreign Policy fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 6, 2021

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
The Tier 6 SPG, the mighty tea truck Fv304, continues to be the most fun tank in this game. Screenshot isnt including the SU-8 I also killed

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Sair posted:

I used to love that thing, but I feel like I can't get much done with it anymore.

The key is to make the short range work for you. Drive straight up to obstacles and push up as much as you can. I usually get out ahead of our own brawlers to get in place, and most games begin with the team thinking I am on a suicide charge.

I wish it could be tracked as well, but in the same game I probably 'absorbed' about a dozen counter-battery shots to no affect. Who gives a flying poo poo if they can see my shot trails, or even if I get spotted? The FV304 can just park under heavy cover, or move up to a mid-field obstacle that the enemy SPG's don't have any kind of line on.

It's fast as hell, and tiny, and you can exploit cover that nobody else really can - like just being behind a small hill that prevents line of sight or plunging fire from SPGs. Move way further up field than you'd ever think reasonable, and do it early. A fully aimed shot is about half the width of a KV-1, allowing you to blow ammo racks or start fires a lot more often than seems fair. There's even value to just forcing the enemy brawlers to expend their repair/medkits from a quick shot or two before they can engage, or rapidly switch between targets to keep them pushed behind cover. The new mini-map alerts from SPG fire works great as a way to convince someone to stay behind cover even if you can't actually hit them, and break up an enemy charge or pin down a TD. The ridiculous reload speed means I can often throw 25-30 shots per game, so go ham with it

Go after brawlers. Anything of the KV- series or Japanese heavy I can shred at my leisure. I might only do 150 or so damage on an average shot, but with a 7 sec reload I can stack on critical hits, or blow enemy tracks faster than they can repair them. It very much feels like a SUPPORT tank, rather than a big number TD-killer. Getting up close to where I can have a 1-1.5sec flight time is close enough to gently caress up Mediums trying to peek-and-boom. Purposely targetting at the edge of your range also lets you exploit the ridiculous arc to the fullest, and can hit brawlers who are humping an obstacle just as hard as you are.

It's also a backup spotter in a pinch. Late game I will often just rush the back line to kill the enemy SPG's with a point blank shot, or go try to flank the survivors to provide spotting in an unexpected way.

Tl;dr you don't play the Fv304 like any other SPG, and that's why its the best

US Foreign Policy fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 26, 2021

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Playing the FV304 is kind of like playing an entirely different game

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How the hell?!

I would like to remind everyone this is a safe space

In that particular game, I got the kamikaze - and survived - by ramming the Crusader SP. I then got 43 capture points

If you havent played the Fv304 you're sleeping on the best game within a game ever. It exists to spite all rules and assumptions about what an SPG is

-My arc can go near vertical, and can kill an open top TD just as well as I can set fire to a brawler
-10.55sec reload, 45 shells, UK gun. My dispersion value is just a lie; I can land snap shots surprisingly often. I can track lock brawlers which is sexually gratifying
-the closer I am the better. If I can get my flight time under 1sec, my shots are almost impossible to dodge. At that range I can also sufficiently target commander cupola's on heavies
-0.1sec sound detection time means I can waste enemy SPG time like no other. Even if they are out of my CB range, it's all but impossible to land a hit on me from above. Baiting an M44 to waste the game chasing me is also Deeply Satisfying
-Faster than even a good deal of lights at tier.
-Smaller than most mediums at tier, who I can fully hide behind and use as a firing position
-The maps just don't seem like they were made with Fv304's in mind. I can hit enemies behind full cover
-The default reaction to someone being targeted by an SPG is to button up with cover and wait. I can break an advance or peel off TD's by just shooting near them
-The amount of stupid decisions I can bait people into goes beyond description. If I let myself get spotted, people's brains will just shut off in a frantic attempt to chase me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think I have it unlocked, but I have never played it, I don't think. I guess I'll have to give it a chance!

E: apparently I have in fact unlocked the T7 British clicker, so I guess I have in fact played it. Who knew!

Play close support for brawlers. You can absolutely hump most cover and still have a firing angle, and exist in an impossible-to-CB pocket. Prepare for about 150dmg per hit, but if you can blow tracks off a heavy you can just take your time chewing them up.

Probably the biggest difference of SPG play is simply Never Stop Firing. Your aim time is less than your reload, and you benefit from UK dispersion, so just stay on station and hold down M1. Just putting out a shell every 10 seconds will absolutely produce results.