Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mabels big day posted:

*reaction to all of corrin's moves* Avgn voice: what were they thinking?!

<sakurai, to his staff> oh, that's very win. ship it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I've been getting double KO's with koRn's counter in 2 player for glory ALL NIGHT SON. my new main. I prefer female, orange coringe

that is until the average player gets used to the reach on her side smash

also, I like Bayonetta but I suck as her

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Baeonetta

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I already have 132 Bayo KOs and I can't get enough of her. She's going to surpass my Falcon's KO count for sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow a down B counter. Never seen that before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bayonetta looks like a lot of fun, but the last time I got excited about a character with Cloud I bought him and played game twice and never played again, so I'm going to have practice restraint here.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just gotta have a buddy to smash with. you can also get on the irc but a lot of ppl on there are extremely good

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Oh my God corn is amazing thank you sakurai THANK YOU. You loving genius omg So loving amazing. The more fire emblem characters the better IMO.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

At what point in Fates do you learn Corrin is part Dragon, I was surprised when I played Awakening because as soon as Lucina showed up in mission 2 I was like "Ah yes Chrom's daughter Lucina from the future" but they actually drag out that mystery for like half the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

At what point in Fates do you learn Corrin is part Dragon, I was surprised when I played Awakening because as soon as Lucina showed up in mission 2 I was like "Ah yes Chrom's daughter Lucina from the future" but they actually drag out that mystery for like half the game.

Fates isn't available in my language yet so I don't know.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lucina has to keep it a secret so chrom has time to s-rank her mom

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think it's like chapter 5 or 6

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Oh my God corn is amazing thank you sakurai THANK YOU. You loving genius omg So loving amazing. The more fire emblem characters the better IMO.

lmao but, even knowing its shameless promotion, its like they made up a character just for smash and theyre really good and fun to play

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*goes out and buys the next fire emblem not knowing why*

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao but, even knowing its shameless promotion, its like they made up a character just for smash and theyre really good and fun to play

They shouldn't do this. Corrin might as well be an original character in a smash bros knockoff game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

lol if your reaction to the reveal wasn't "another Fire Emblem character... wait this looks insane and good."

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I love Girl Corrin and have preordered FE Fates primarily because of her biting water gun dragon hand

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Birthright or Conquest?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

In Training posted:

Birthright or Conquest?

both

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

oh my goooooood

she's out today?! freaking sweet!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

oh my goooooood

she's out today?! freaking sweet!

both characters are extremely good, enjoy smashing with them my friend

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The character select screen looks so good without Corrin. I dunno if it's worth getting her..

Had a lot of fun doing Bayonetta v. Corrin with my friend last night though, it's a great matchup.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

The character select screen looks so good without Corrin. I dunno if it's worth getting her..

It is.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

corrins counter is batshit

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Corrin is extremely fun and good

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Corn's hitboxes make no sense. Like they swing a sword and their entire body and like three feet of air behind them hurts you. It's like the opposite of Metaknight's sword.

Anyway here's some model swaps.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 5, 2016

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Honestly if they made the next Smash with just fire emblem characters it would be amazing. I'd be like "I ain't even mad doe :coal: , and if someone was I'd be like "quit gettin' mad at video games" (remember that)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

lol if your reaction to the reveal wasn't "another Fire Emblem character... wait this looks insane and good."

This...Corin is my Barefoot Waifu For Laifu.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This...Corin is my Barefoot Waifu For Laifu.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Evil Eagle posted:

I just deleted all my mii fighters and their box disappeared.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Caithness posted:

I just deleted all my mii fighters and their box disappeared.

I'll take Kick Master Hank Hill over some of the other dlc characters any day of the week.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cloverfield 2 looking good

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

how did they do this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Concordat posted:

Corn's hurtboxes make no sense. Like they swing a sword and their entire body and like three feet of air behind them hurts you. It's like the opposite of Metaknight's sword.

Anyway here's some model swaps.

Sorry to be pedantic but you mean hitbox. Hurtbox is where you at vulnerable to taking damage

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Sorry to be pedantic but you mean hitbox. Hurtbox is where you at vulnerable to taking damage

Thank you, Jesus I thought I was the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I mean why not stop putting FE characters into smash and make an original FE fighting game with similar mechanics? Think of the amiibo sales

part of the original charm of smash was the more cartoony characters could fight. not everyone needs a sword and legs

• Locked thread