Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaCS7Hq-Evk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That One Piece videogame now has all Smash Costumes and Nami is the Wii-Fit trainer.

Frankie is Donkey Kong....

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Swelter Discharge posted:

im sick of playing fox hes not fun

who are good fun faster characters ?

Yoshi is fast as gently caress and v cool unlike stupid furry hedgehogs.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

im sick of playing fox hes not fun

who are good fun faster characters ?

The good captain.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

mabels big day posted:

The good captain.

yeah i like cpt falcon a lot but im trying to learn more characters

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

yeah i like cpt falcon a lot but im trying to learn more characters

Sheik is also fun but she doesn't feel quite as brutal as yoshi. His up air hits like a truck.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Sheik is also fun but she doesn't feel quite as brutal as yoshi. His up air hits like a truck.

i tried sheik for a little while and couldnt really do anything with her and got pw0ned every time

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

i tried sheik for a little while and couldnt really do anything with her and got pw0ned every time

Basically use her airmoves constantly since they're all amazing. Also if anyone tries to use a projectile, ever, kick them in the face with her down b. Really pisses off link players.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wii Fit Trainer is fast, and attractive.

everyone else who is "fast" i can't, in good conscience, recommend.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

shadow is the ultimate life form

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sonic is the fastest

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Have you tried the mii brawler?

Pick whatever neutral b you want, but use the Feint jump down b, and the Onslaught side b. When you fight you are all over the loving place.

Just don't ever forward smash unless you know it will connect, it has about 2 full seconds of recovery, it's terrible.

Also, you get to make a funny character too!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

there's some good matches happening in the vgbootcamp stream right now.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Diddy versus luigi was great. Might have to pick up luigi.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the first match of the night, GimR got a nine as game and watch against the lame sonic guy with the twitch plays pokemon pidgeot tattoo and won a round off of him. really got in his head and almost won the set, but alas...

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Speaking of sheik, some ridiculous sheik play on stream

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

shadow is the ultimate life form

plus he has a gun

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Leadthumb posted:

Have you tried the mii brawler?

Pick whatever neutral b you want, but use the Feint jump down b, and the Onslaught side b. When you fight you are all over the loving place.

Just don't ever forward smash unless you know it will connect, it has about 2 full seconds of recovery, it's terrible.

Also, you get to make a funny character too!

you cant play mii characters online can u

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you can play as them against friends, which is the only thing that matters

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

sharrrk posted:

you can play as them against friends, which is the only thing that matters

idont have friends so its useless !

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

some people want to ban mii fighters not because theyre mii fighters, but just because mii brawler's up B is too good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

isn't it only too good because it glitches out occasionally? that'll probably be be patched. idk i think the mii fighters are really boring because they are intentionally designed as blank slates, but i don't want them banned or anything

also swelter discharge get on the irc and people will play you and make you POwerful

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

awww man that was a really good set between nakat and 6wx. shame it ended that way

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Yoshi is fast as gently caress and v cool unlike stupid furry hedgehogs.

please dont tell people to pick yoshi

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

Don't hate on the green horse. He's a far manlier character than sonic or mega man

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

its yossy time

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sharrrk posted:

isn't it only too good because it glitches out occasionally? that'll probably be be patched. idk i think the mii fighters are really boring because they are intentionally designed as blank slates, but i don't want them banned or anything

also swelter discharge get on the irc and people will play you and make you POwerful

it's true, also play me sometime

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mii fighter's up B will KO from <30% randomly. but nintendo has already said that as far as balance goes they don't give a flying poo poo about miis/customs so they probably wont address it.

the mii gunner is also really good since hes basically Samus but wayyy better in every way. the only downside is that the mii gunner fair has an enormous recovery. it is so long it may as well put you in rest state. it's kind of ridiculous.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PantsBandit posted:

yoshi's dair is the most satisfying multi-hit move in the game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

yoshi's dair is the most satisfying multi-hit move in the game

Agreed. And it imparts maximum disrespect when used to spike offstage.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

who won, i missed it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lonlon rabbit's dedede is powerful. i could beat his other mains with my DK sometimes but his DDD is on another level. i thought i was good at him but drat

i didnt realize how quickly he recovers from all his attacks

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Who's the best char in the game? R.O.B. ?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

rockman

he has an uppercut that can gently caress poo poo up

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lmao i was bored and was thinking about when the leak happened so i went through the old old thread a bit and someone seriously posted this

as evidence that dr. mario was fake. i didn't believe the leak either at that time but lmao, i cant believe marios face looks the same when shown at a similar angle

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

actually wait, did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with the levels for the characters on this screenshot?

they arent CPUs since they'd be grey otherwise. whats up with this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
It's 2014 and duck hunt is in smash

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yes, or ness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Looper posted:

It's 2014 and duck hunt is in smash

Not for long!

Bobnumerotres posted:

lonlon rabbit's dedede is powerful. i could beat his other mains with my DK sometimes but his DDD is on another level. i thought i was good at him but drat

i didnt realize how quickly he recovers from all his attacks

It is and it's what knocked me out of the tourney but I think since then I have matched his level. I need a rematch against the guy.

• Locked thread