Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
true, the machines wouldn't invent a wireless adapter for the humans because they imagined the humans would never leave their pods, but you'd think that along with their sweet flying machines and their mechs and underground city and all they could scrounge up a lil wireless adapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

wheatbay daynight posted:

his mouth is an interface for dicks, op

while i appreciate the shout out, i should point out that my fan fiction is not actually canon.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

Also reminder that the original script has the humans being used as a neural supercomputer cluster, not a power source, but they felt that the average American wouldn't understand that concept

drat, that makes a lot more sense

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sagebrush posted:

I don't think that's how it works, you saw all the jars of fetuses. It's all in vitro

Also reminder that the original script has the humans being used as a neural supercomputer cluster, not a power source, but they felt that the average American wouldn't understand that concept

a fair assumption. the average redditor (representative of the top 90th percentile of american intelligence) is still struggling to understand the intricacies of inception

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

gnrk posted:

true, the machines wouldn't invent a wireless adapter for the humans because they imagined the humans would never leave their pods, but you'd think that along with their sweet flying machines and their mechs and underground city and all they could scrounge up a lil wireless adapter

well then they'd have to carry around a big ol battery pack to power the wireless adapter

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sweevo posted:

Contrary to popular myth, though the Nokia 7110 does feature a spring-loaded cover concealing the keypad, this is not the model featured in the first Matrix movie, which is the Nokia 8110 (made 3 years prior), which was adapted with a spring mechanism to feature in the 1999 film.[5][6]

pretty hosed up that the older model has the bigger number.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
shoulda used 7/16 DIN. this is what hams use above a certain sperg level and what a lot of mid-power commercial poo poo uses

here's a DIN to BNC pigtail cable to show relative size

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i thin kthe point was that neo didnt need an interface to network with the matrix

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
I think the point was to generate revenue from the box office, DVD/VHS sales and assorted other merchandising and licensing avenues

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i think the point was creative expression

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i thin kthe point was that neo didnt need an interface to network with the matrix

I wish we'd interface more often :shobon:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Squinty Applebottom posted:

i think the point was creative expression

maybe at first, but then

Sniep posted:

I think the point was to generate revenue from the box office, DVD/VHS sales and assorted other merchandising and licensing avenues

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sniep posted:

lol

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

wachowski-endorsed aftermarket body hole

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
its proprietary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

wachowski-endorsed aftermarket body hole

this is a joke about lana/lora/whatever her name is right

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

shoulda used 7/16 DIN. this is what hams use above a certain sperg level and what a lot of mid-power commercial poo poo uses

uhm wow hrm jonny not to embarrass you but you shouldnt call it DIN connector when the numbers are the significant part, din is just the name of the standards bureau.

merry xmas everyone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

That's a big connector

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

http://www.microwavejournal.com/ext/resources/images/Figures/2013/Feb/2M20/2M20PRODIMGx250.jpg

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

newreply.php posted:

uhm wow hrm jonny not to embarrass you but you shouldnt call it DIN connector when the numbers are the significant part, din is just the name of the standards bureau.

merry xmas everyone

eh its simple enough to differentiate and we're casual in here

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
DIN is fine, we ain't fancy here *puts bare feet up on dinner table*

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sniep posted:

it's a movie prop, OP

neo is a fictional character and there is no real interface, in fact, the entire story is untrue

how can you be sure?

I mean really, really sure?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

ShadowHawk posted:

Once you learn how to cook steaks you will be disappointed at all restaurants all the time unless you pay an inordinate amount of money (and then unless you're loaded you'll just think to yourself that you coulda done that at home 4 times for that price)

mmm, Kobe beef

priced by the ounce

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Neutrois Jack

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
let me show you how to jack into my penile gland op

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

rotor posted:

DIN is fine, we ain't fancy here *puts bare feet up on dinner table*

*sips tea loudly while staring at your God drat feet*

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

eschaton posted:

mmm, Kobe beef

priced by the ounce

100% of kobe beef in the usa is fake

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's beef. does it taste good to you? how "fake" could it be

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sagebrush posted:

it's beef. does it taste good to you? how "fake" could it be

quote:

The increase in popularity of Japanese beef in the United States has led to the creation of "Kobe-style" beef, taken from domestically raised wagyu crossbred with Angus cattle, to meet the demand. Farms in the U.S. and Britain have attempted to replicate the Kobe traditions.US meat producers claim any differences between their less expensive "Kobe-style" beef and true Kobe beef are largely cosmetic.

it depends how much you care about the ends or the means; it's the same as honey or olive oil

they don't actually come from bees or olives (top two counterfeit items by volume) but if you can't tell the difference would you get mad?

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

it depends how much you care about the ends or the means; it's the same as honey or olive oil

they don't actually come from bees or olives (top two counterfeit items by volume) but if you can't tell the difference would you get mad?

was the fake matrix steak real kobe beef or fake american style. just layers of deceit.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
everyone in the matrix is a virgin :mmmhmm:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

everyone in the matrix is a virgin :mmmhmm:

tbqh i'm not sure why all the folks on the hovercraft didn't just spend 23 hours a day jacked into World's Greatest Sex Fantasies

like, cypher really kinda had a point, you know?

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 30, 2014

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you mean like a sexy rave near open pits of lava

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was thinking more like *every sexy lady from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

give me one of every natalie portman since star wars I

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

alternately a room full of katy perrys and zooey deschanels would be good

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

oh boy lets hear everyones holodeck sex fantasies now mm hmm

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

loving gross