Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

What counts as a nerdy hobby then, all video games and anime or just especially nerdy ones. Because i envisioned japan as a place where everyone plays anime video games happily together wherever they go.

Depends on your age and job I would imagine, Japan is really weird about its cultural stuff surrounding a lot of jobs, especiallty office work and work for large companies. The impression I always got is that once you sign up for a job at a company, you basically sign your entire life over to them or something and you represent them all the time whatever you're doing. The reason all animes ever are set in school is because as soon as you stop being in school and get a job your entire personal life basically goes down the shitter.

Mostly I learned that while Japan has cool stuff in it I am super glad I don't live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread