Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Croisquessein posted:

Was Lovecraft misogynistic? I know he hardly featured any female characters in his work and women are largely absent from the world he writes about, but I don't remember any specific instances of him displaying negative attitudes towards them. Granted two of the three women that are featured in his stories are villains and the other is a downtrodden nonentity, but Keziah Mason is a math witch with a demon rat familiar, and Asenath Waite is actually a man. It's been a long time since I've read through them all so I might be way off and there's a bunch of little stuff that I missed last time.

I think you answered your own question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ornamented Death posted:

As there was some discussion on Lovecraft's attitude towards women in the recent past, I figure now's as good a time as any to post this.

Dark Regions Press has started an IndieGoGo campaign for Dreams from the Witch House: Female Voices of Lovecraftian Horror. DRP anthologies have always been top-notch (in terms of both contents and construction) in my experience, so I expect this will be a great read.

They made their goal and you can pre-order the book now. All female authors, all the stories with prominent female characters. Should be awesome!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ornamented Death posted:

That's a different book.